test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cta weapon set even worth buying?

Hi,
Considering it dosent show the set bonus and that it takes alot of time to aquire it(prolly close to the new mod) will it mean anything in the new mod?

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    It will probably be better than Primal unrestored weapons but not BiS [correct me if I am wrong] but certainly a half decent weapon set for those who dont want to chase Sun Weapons or restore Primals :)
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I decided to collect my coins but wait to purchase anything until after the new mod hits, this event is an annual one so we will have time to see if a set bonus is put on them after the new mod starts, I am in no hurry
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    These weapons have a higher item level and base damage than equivalent rank primal weapons, so they are good for people who don't have access to masterwork weapons. Some of them also have unique appearances which makes them nice for transmutes. Of course, they will be outdated like everything else once the new module drops ... so the question is, do you like their appearance? Or do you want a weapon with a higher base damage for a couple of months?
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    I plan on waiting until I get the 12 tokens to buy both weapons and then will decide at that point if they are worth it or not.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I'm just grinding for a non-pastel Griffon.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Im doing it for my vanity pet collection... I have the one from gond and just got the mini frastr yesterday.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    Unless they raise the lvl to 80 on weapons this hole event is down to getting transmute items or griffons, weapon will be obsolete once mod 16 hits live...
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    - sure beats the EE weapons I'm running around with
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    These weapons are the only chance some players have to get weapons better than Primal.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

These weapons are the only chance some players have to get weapons better than Primal.

How are people unable to get primal. I find this impossible to believe.
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

chemjeff said:

How are people unable to get primal. I find this impossible to believe.
    I said *better than Primal*.
  • boghy89#1675 boghy89 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Why bother tho? U need the set and that means 2 more CTA' after this one, by that time and all the refining u do etc; New mod comes out and a green junk would be better
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I'm just surprised that we are over a month into the CTA Season and on the second event, and Cryptic not only hasn't updated the 2-pc set info, they haven't even answered the question as to whether a set ability will even be added.

It's weird to put effort into making the effort to host an event, and then put a glaring reminder in the centerpiece of it that "we don't really care to even answer a basic question about the event rewards".
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    CTA weapons make sense for support powersharing classes, as a reasonable alternative to expensive masterworks that have % bonus. But fate of powersharing is unknown in the new mod as encounters/dailies/feats will go though complete redesign.

Also having lv70 weapon as reward will look stupid in few month, as well as having K-team lv70 rewards. So one just need to sit on currency I think.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    from what i hear in game the set bonus is: on crit increase party damage, healing by 1% and damage received by -1% stacking 10 times. My question is: does this stack with others for a total of 50% ? is it party but excluding self ??

Developers please answer @nitocris83
  • ccynnccynn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    im only intrigued by the offhand, does the double refinement count only for the weapon itself or all items? if its all items then its way worth getting just for the double refinement bonus on all your stuff. but i havent found an answer yet as to how it works. i like the griffin, and will get it, unless the refine bonus is on all items
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

Seriously? If you didn't know. Goto Neverember, get "Mysterious Stranger?" (I think) quest. Goto Barovia, get a whole bunch of free gear. Level 70. 450 rating.

Or, do a whole bunch of Demogorgan or Tiamat, where you can easily be carried and earn Seals of the Brave. 750 seals gives you a Primal Mainhand or Offhand, which is BIS, or close to it. Hell you can just do a bunch of Demonic Encounters for those Seals.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    havlocke said:

Seriously? If you didn't know. Goto Neverember, get "Mysterious Stranger?" (I think) quest. Goto Barovia, get a whole bunch of free gear. Level 70. 450 rating.

Or, do a whole bunch of Demogorgan or Tiamat, where you can easily be carried and earn Seals of the Brave. 750 seals gives you a Primal Mainhand or Offhand, which is BIS, or close to it. Hell you can just do a bunch of Demonic Encounters for those Seals.
    Frankly you are better off just going on the AD market and buying weapons being dropped in Chult as the weapons bonuses are better. As far as gear, buy your four pieces on the AD market being dropped in Barovia and fill in the gaps with the free stuff from the intro to that campaign, you will also get a bunch of Rank 8 enchants. There are four different pieces; Beast, Ghost, Innocent, etc, mix match for what stats you need.

But you should also be doing your daily random AD runs to get seals of the brave and exchanging those with the vendor for armor and rings.

• mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    i thought the event was fun getting all that companion gear for all my characters' companions i wanna gear up and run with. and the gold intake put me back up closer to what i had saved before the new profession system. i figure the new mod will be out before i have enough tokens to consider the set. It was fun getting all that companion gear without using keys for folly or doing ig gold. I never got any sword knots, icons or talismans from the event though...don't know if they drop or are just harder to get
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

and, with taking 4 months to get the set, it is probably gonna be obsolete before you can get it.

That..might be. It has been stated that there will be new gear in Mod 16. I think most people assume that means Level 80 armor and weapons, and levl 80 weapons would be likely to have higher stats than any llevl 70 weapons.

I am not saying whether this is true or not, but it would be a reasonable, juust based on public info.
    Hoping for improvements...