What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter: Undermountain

"Dive into Neverwinter’s biggest expansion this Spring!"
So when does this hit preview?
Post edited by pentagram#8962 on

Comments

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Let's hope it does soon since this is going to be so big.
  • pentagram#8962 pentagram Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Let's hope it does soon since this is going to be so big.

Honestly the level cap increase scares me a little. Especially after rumours of a number of the NW team getting 'layed off' by PWE. But I think if they dial back the number of feats they have to balance it might not be that bad. It's just going to take a lot of testing in regards to balance.
    Probably the biggest expansion in the favour of class balance this community has ever seen.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    March 1. It was in 1 of the blogs.

March 1. It was in 1 of the blogs.

Thank you!
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    they are aiming for march 1, but you know cryptic, they meant may 1
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Dear devs... if you want to remake the game system, use D&D core rules.
    Not this "delirium" that you made up for next module.

Thanks.. its a D&D game.. use D&D rules. Stop messing it up.
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @pentagram#8962 "... Especially after rumours of a number of the NW team getting 'layed off' by PWE..."

where did you these rumors?? If you have been reading the multiple threads of complaints, that actually happened in mod 6, if that is not where you heard these "rumors" then please elaborate
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    draugkir said:

Can you be more specific? I don't think this tells the devs anything useful. A lot of rules wouldn't be suitable for MMO and certainly not feasible given all the existing equipment, items, etc. already in the game.
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2019

draugkir said:

Can you be more specific? I don't think this tells the devs anything useful. A lot of rules wouldn't be suitable for MMO and certainly not feasible given all the existing equipment, items, etc. already in the game.
    For starters the whole game system has nothing related or minimal similiar to D&D rules.

Weapon dmg? Nop.
    Spell dmg and effects? Nop.
    Influence of stats in the char hps, attacks etc like in D&D ? nop nada nicles.
    Saving Throws? Gone.. nop..
    Monsters Manual hps / behaviors etc? Nop, nada… only name remains same.
    Special weapons? Vorpals, Holy Avengers etc etc ? Nop Nada.. not even remotely related to what they should be in D&D.

I could stay here all day posting things like this.. its a nightmare of a game in terms of D&D really. I dont even understand how can this game have the D&D badge in it with theese awful game mechanics someone made up no idea why.

You want to monetize a D&D game? you can. You can had nice bardings for horses, some special pet, mounts etc..

But the core rules have to be related to D&D.

Unfortunaly.. here we go again moving away from D&D again. Thats why this mess is so out of control atm.

A game with this engine and with D&D mechanics would be an huge hit. Look to how many people atm want to play D&D and follow D&D youtubers and so on. Its a very nice market.. but for game using D&D rules. Not like this im afraid.
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    I think this is the best compromise between the rules of D & D and the transposition in a video game that must please the crowd. I stopped D&D with the launch of the 4th edition. Before that was D&D now I do not recognize it anymore.
  • odt#4182 odt Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    hope it works out, again a nerf to my new dc build lol, i switched from DO to AC because DO became useless in this patch for cr and such, switched to AC speed buffer broke the cooldown and daily barrier, now this is getting slowed down... it's getting expensive to have to reinvent my dc every patch...
    and don't worry ill find something in the new stuff that will be too strong again and need tuning down.
    That's what i do i make effective builds that are powerful and help the group not some in between grind lvl 40 dungeon builds..
    Please decide what you want dc to do and not switch it every patch around again and just forget the dps dc stuff that's a useless change concentrate on the buffs and heals please!
    dc are buffers and healers etc group support, just make the buffs better so they are worth using in single play also, wich is really not that important for dc since we are a group support class!
    DO and AC need completely different stuff so it's always regrinding every patch for a new setup lately...
    or give a bunch of ad or something at least so it's possible to re buy some stuff and not regrind everything
    again since the past stuff is useless now and the whole character needs to be rebuilt again...
    I understand why the recovery is going it is true that i can constantly spam aa now or even in ideal conditions have hg and aa up at the same time, but then make the rest more useful and not have to rely on that then please and make DO great again also lol
    gl with the update
  • odt#4182 odt Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    hope it works out, again a nerf to my new dc build lol, i switched from DO to AC because DO became useless in this patch for cr and such, switched to AC speed buffer broke the cooldown and daily barrier, now this is getting slowed down... it's getting expensive to have to reinvent my dc every patch...
    and don't worry ill find something in the new stuff that will be too strong again and need tuning down.
    That's what i do i make effective builds that are powerful and help the group not some in between grind lvl 40 dungeon builds..
    Please decide what you want dc to do and not switch it every patch around again and just forget the dps dc stuff that's a useless change concentrate on the buffs and heals please!
    dc are buffers and healers etc group support, just make the buffs better so they are worth using in single play also, wich is really not that important for dc since we are a group support class!
    DO and AC need completely different stuff so it's always regrinding every patch for a new setup lately...
    or give a bunch of ad or something at least so it's possible to re buy some stuff and not regrind everything
    again since the past stuff is useless now and the whole character needs to be rebuilt again...
    I understand why the recovery is going it is true that i can constantly spam aa now or in ideal conditions even have hg and aa up, but then make the rest more useful and not have to rely on that then please and make DO great again also :)
    gl with the update
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    draugkir said:

draugkir said:

For starters the whole game system has nothing related or minimal similiar to D&D rules.

Weapon dmg? Nop.
    Spell dmg and effects? Nop.
    Influence of stats in the char hps, attacks etc like in D&D ? nop nada nicles.
    Saving Throws? Gone.. nop..
    Monsters Manual hps / behaviors etc? Nop, nada… only name remains same.
    Special weapons? Vorpals, Holy Avengers etc etc ? Nop Nada.. not even remotely related to what they should be in D&D.

I could stay here all day posting things like this.. its a nightmare of a game in terms of D&D really. I dont even understand how can this game have the D&D badge in it with theese awful game mechanics someone made up no idea why.

You want to monetize a D&D game? you can. You can had nice bardings for horses, some special pet, mounts etc..

But the core rules have to be related to D&D.

Unfortunaly.. here we go again moving away from D&D again. Thats why this mess is so out of control atm.

A game with this engine and with D&D mechanics would be an huge hit. Look to how many people atm want to play D&D and follow D&D youtubers and so on. Its a very nice market.. but for game using D&D rules. Not like this im afraid.
    even if they didn't totally do a d adn d themed over all game. it would be a lot of fun if they did a choose your own adventure style dynamic dungeon. with d and d type rules and dynamics.

• shwabbashwabba Member Posts: 37 Arc User

I think this is the best compromise between the rules of D & D and the transposition in a video game that must please the crowd. I stopped D&D with the launch of the 4th edition. Before that was D&D now I do not recognize it anymore.

Neverwinter Nights was almost straight out of the 3rd edition rulebooks and was amazing. They could easily do the same with 5th edition. To be honest, I'm surprised they let this game continue after 5th launched. I still remember the Great Purge when they launched 3rd. Every MUD, MUSH, and publicly listed game using D&D ip was C&D'd unless they switched their mechanics to 3rd ed. On one hand, glad they've eased off the tyranny, but on the other, this is their official game and it's D&D in name only.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "You want to monetize a D&D game? you can. You can had nice bardings for horses"

Horse Armor DLC is someone else's IP.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    > @etelgrin said:
    > At least they should announce faster than it leaks to gaming discords..

Pretty sure they're the ones who leak it. Well not directly. But insider information does only come from one place: the inside...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

> @etelgrin said:

> At least they should announce faster than it leaks to gaming discords..

Pretty sure they're the ones who leak it. Well not directly. But insider information does only come from one place: the inside...

naw it was someone who wasn't supposed to almost certainly. (god bless them whoever they are)
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    @thefabricant HAMSTER, once again I'm not home on preview release. Oh well, I'll have Wifi so you'll be able to send me screenshots on discord sharpie <3
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    So, do we get it today as planned?

I know I'm impatient, but I can't help it.
  • xevorayjin#1336 xevorayjin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    artifleur said:

So, do we get it today as planned?

I know I'm impatient, but I can't help it.

i hope yes, too much impatient to see new system
  • welshdemonwelshdemon Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    So far it doesn’t seem so maybe they not ready
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    I patched preview on my hard drive last night in anticipation of preview being updated today. Hopefully it still happens.
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    award9 said:

I patched preview on my hard drive last night in anticipation of preview being updated today. Hopefully it still happens.

i patched something yesterday but it was too light, this mod needs to be at least 5gb.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I doubt it, maybe next week. Granted it's only 7 am pacific time, not sure when they start work.

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Preview tends to get update to new mods in the evening US time. The dev blogs released today did confirm that the preview of Undermountain will be up today.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Preview tends to get update to new mods in the evening US time. The dev blogs released today did confirm that the preview of Undermountain will be up today.

Yep,

this from the Cleric update blog:

"Hopefully you’re as excited as I am for you to try out the big changes coming to cleric! Neverwinter: Undermountain will be coming to our preview shard on March 1, so look forward to more information in the coming weeks, and preview the changes yourself if you have the time. See you on the Sword Coast!"
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Thanks guys, I'm relieved.