test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old x5 Difficulty

Hey everyone.

I actually had a lot of fun with this event. It gave us something new to run, which was amazing.

Obviously, there were a couple of things that could have gone better.
1.) The disconnect / run fail thing was frustrating.
2.) The difficulty really didn't change much 1-5. I think HP / Defense / Incoming Healing / Power should have been decreased together, rather than just Power and Defense IMO.
3.) The poison thing was weird with KV and healing. #Stuck in Combat...
4.) My SW received some strange coin in his inventory, that couldn't be opened. I ran the event x5 difficulty 4 separate times, on 4 separate days (plus some x4s in between), and ended up with only one coin at the end of the event.

Overall though, even considering those drawbacks, great job devs! It was a lot of fun and I didn't know what to do after getting my chapters, and artifacts completed.

Please bring more of this "dungeon" event stuff in the future. It was awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ1_tDbleVg&ut=

Comments

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    The poison thing was definitely weird - it was ticking on every effect, even benign ones, even PC-created effects. If you threw Anoited Army, it would immediately start ticking off "poisoned by enemy attack" Darklord ticks and eliminate the buff, even if there were no enemies anywhere close.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I hated the Encounter Cooldown thing. Some classes don't do any damage with at wills. It is one of those things that seems to affect everyone equally but in reality doesn't. I could hurt myself worse than the mobs with Chilling Cloud or I could just stand here and wait...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    pitshade said:

I hated the Encounter Cooldown thing. Some classes don't do any damage with at wills. It is one of those things that seems to affect everyone equally but in reality doesn't. I could hurt myself worse than the mobs with Chilling Cloud or I could just stand here and wait...

My wizard was using Spell Twisting (from Thaumaturge tree) to compensate that and it was very helpful.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    There was a bug where if you did not talk to Nipsy after a completion (when you are kicked back into Protectors Enclave) and complete the quest and instead started a new run you were no longer able to receive the Coins correctly. That is probably what happened to you.
  • iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    manipulos said:

There was a bug where if you did not talk to Nipsy after a completion (when you are kicked back into Protectors Enclave) and complete the quest and instead started a new run you were no longer able to receive the Coins correctly. That is probably what happened to you.

:anguished: That is probably what happened...

I tried discarding those coin things and running it multiple times with different changes to "un-bug" myself and nothing worked.
  • mythrackamythracka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    No coins is a bad bug,.. and in my instance is different to the not talking to the cat guy. Got log shot of boss death time,.. got log shot of quest hand in,.. got shot of 0/45 for the day after that time as well. No coins awarded,.. when you complete quest it normally pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen the number of coins you get,.. but on these runs it didn't,.. twice,.. on two x5 runs!
  • mythrackamythracka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Ok,.. this may well be nothing,.. I had 3 successful runs and these gave no returns,.. so I deliberately failed one - to zero lives,.. and my next three runs have now all counted. Maybe nothing,.. maybe something!!!

And to return thread to its proper course,.. over all,.. a fun event.