test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trying to understand the foundry and put my ideas together.

mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
I'm trying to create the backstory of my character. It's based around Nathlekh.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Nathlekh

My backstory is that my character got stranded as a little baby and luckily survived. I don't want to spoil it too much of the backstory. The backstory just ended being creative in my mind. The backstory just happened this way by quick wit thought with all the environment surroundings and taking in those elements from regions. I messed up my origins anyways LOL; most people do. Well sorta messed up the origin.

https://frtheapocalypse.yolasite.com/fr-regions.php (best resource of the regions)

Well I survived by You probably can figure out what class I am, but with purple smoke and well other powers to get away from enemies easily to be avoided.

Anyways I'm trying to understand the foundry and I found sources of pictured tutorials to get started, but my problem is creating maps. Outdoor maps and using elements to create structures.

Also finding resources of objects like ships. I've seen a ship that someone pulled off and made it blow up with foundry made quest. Also it had an interior of bookcases that opened like doors.

Really I'm trying to create a huge city of Nathlekh type surroundings. Honestly not too detailed, but something. What I'm stating is every time I place stairs, building, or any other asset, then testing the map, the player walks straight through the object/asset placed like going through walls.

I found a huge map to start with that has terrain and a stretch of water for the coastline for the Lake of the Long Arm. I just need the surrounding with an exterior part of a ship. The map is approx 2000x2000 or whatever, which is perfect for the coastline for the Lake of the Long Arm anyways. Yes I'm separating maps, so probably be a huge wall with big door entrance to actual city of Nathlekh.

Well the character (mine-I can pull it off) and your adventurer go back in time to save my character's family from the attack that happened near Westgate, which is a city of trade. The parents got attacked by feline lycanthropes beast shifters, which made my character's parents steer off course and coast the ship near Nathlekh.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Shifter

I was found as a baby by a priestess that technically raised me to be an ascetic fighter, even after being spit upon in the eye, because I stole from locals at a Nathekh market in the city and well I was a smart baby to get food. Unpractical of a baby to survive for years on its own, but just roll with it; I adventured with my parents to learn things for easy adapt. I'm that cute :3 and played peek-a-boo with stealth traits with my mother; that cute :3. I have the story planned out in my head, so basically what I need is some tips to get started. Please help me out and if I can't do it, well I'll just write the story out here on forums for the heck of it. It's just for fun really.

Also is it possible to branch story lines for different results? Like choice will be....

Well if I was playing it myself the story dialogue will be different without my character NPC.

Comments

• rancidmojo#7824 rancidmojo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    The bookcase you mentioned is "The wizards bookcase" or something. I know what you mean, but I dcannot recall the exact name. Just search for "bookcase: under details and it's in there. I don't know about the ship, the only one I've ever found was part of a "skyship". As for building a city, that will take some time and effort on your part if you do it from scratch, and you;'ll have to watch your asset count while doing it. My suggestion is to place buildings in a way that encloses the area you want to use and then put objects BEHIND the buildings so they appear in the background to make the city look "large". (I phrased that badly, I hope you understand)

I hope you share it if you create a ship. I wanted to build a quest that had a shipyard, but I never could get the assets together to make it look good.
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Well I thank you a lot by the response for the object references. However, trying to understand outdoor maps, making structures with stairs and making outdoor bridges, well that's not easy. Buildings that connect. Like if you wanted to make a small town dungeon.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Foundry is being removed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    I know and I posted this thread before the accouncement of foundry being removed. :(
This discussion has been closed.