test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[MOD16] - Overhaul of Enchantments which provide Recovery?

c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
Since the blog regarding MOD16 mentioned removal of the Recovery stat, however the question remains - How will certain enchantments be "fixed", or are we left with useless enchantments in the process?

I think that this is the major fear of all players who ever spent anything in-game regarding Recovery stat.
Will Recovery stat be somehow changed into a new stat? What do you guys think?

Please, express your opinions in a civil manner.
True Neutral
Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

Comments

• wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    also would like to know..What happens to the gear with life steal and recovery ??? will the stat change?

"Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!"

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    We will know when mod 16 is available on Test, which is estimated to be March 1st.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    this is my biggest conern as well... wht happens to all that stuff that gives wht they removing?
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I suspect that they just change them.

Standard enchants and runestones offer three different boosts. I think that they just take the recovery or lifesteal boost out of it's slot and put something else in. We are getting some new stats, after all.

Same with weapons or armor or whatever. Have a sword that gives +X crit and +Y recovery and +Z HP? After the change it might give +X crit, +Y awareness, and +Z HP.

It's not ideal, of course. No matter what stat they slot in there, no matter what change they make, it may not fit into the new direction the player wants to go.

In a more perfect world (no pun intended) they will offer some sort of trade-in; Let us just trade in old +recovery items for AD or even give us a vendor that will let us trade in any item with +recovery or +lifesteal or whatever removed stat for an item with an equal item rating and of equal quality that has different stats.

They do not need to have every possible permutation of stats available for every item of every slot, just two or three different options for each slot and class.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    So.... if you really rely on lifesteal to stay alive then you get nerfeed? Not that it matters much to me, but boy I can see the complaint ship heading towards that iceberg right now
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

So.... if you really rely on lifesteal to stay alive then you get nerfeed? Not that it matters much to me, but boy I can see the complaint ship heading towards that iceberg right now

Depends on how much they reduce enemy damage. They'll have to anyway.

Then you need to relearn to play with minimum taken damage and replenish your heal potions stack :)

Currently gameplay is brute force since the only thing we need to worry about is direct one-shots.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    for all player worried about recovery, time to think on maximizing recharge speed ability score stat, and utility enchantments with recharge speed stat, the ap gain gan be granted by ap gain jewels + aggression insignias(mod 16 the insignias stats will be doubled and maintain same il), im counting they will give player a race reroll to reroll race+starting ability scores for my all classes chars.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I heard they plan to put it on Preview by March 1st. I plan to take my enchantment in with me to find out. However by then it might be too late. I don't know if I should sell my Lifedrinker now or wait for the Preview. All the Mist mounts run +2000 Lifesteal Severity, they are posted at 200K but they could go higher or lower in value depending on what is changed. Mounts that have Vampires Thirst and Craving will they get something better or worse? Insignias like Refuge and Leeching, where I have epics, will I need to purchase replacements?

We have no answers and a lot of questions. The only way to find out is to attend the Preview shard and copy your most questionable characters to it. As a side topic; I plan to try out Barovia and some other areas I have already completed. If I cannot solo an area I have completed in the past, then they will need to rethink this whole module.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

for all player worried about recovery, time to think on maximizing recharge speed ability score stat, and utility enchantments with recharge speed stat, the ap gain gan be granted by ap gain jewels + aggression insignias(mod 16 the insignias stats will be doubled and maintain same il), im counting they will give player a race reroll to reroll race+starting ability scores for my all classes chars.

They mentioned limiting AP gain as well so I suspect there won't be ways to speed that up by much outside of encounter/artifact powers.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I heard they plan to put it on Preview by March 1st. I plan to take my enchantment in with me to find out. However by then it might be too late. I don't know if I should sell my Lifedrinker now or wait for the Preview. All the Mist mounts run +2000 Lifesteal Severity, they are posted at 200K but they could go higher or lower in value depending on what is changed. Mounts that have Vampires Thirst and Craving will they get something better or worse? Insignias like Refuge and Leeching, where I have epics, will I need to purchase replacements?

We have no answers and a lot of questions. The only way to find out is to attend the Preview shard and copy your most questionable characters to it. As a side topic; I plan to try out Barovia and some other areas I have already completed. If I cannot solo an area I have completed in the past, then they will need to rethink this whole module.

My understanding is that anything with life steal will get crit resistance. As for enchantments with recovery it is probably going to have recharge speed or action point gained. That is my guess on the changes.

If the enchantments with recovery only provide recharge speed it will significantly impact any build that built up recovery for AP gains. I know it will hurt my DC. If the enchantments provide just AP and not recharge than it will be the other way around impacting the ability to use encounters faster.

There are more questions at this point until more info gets released. At this point it is simply a wait and see.

I know on console chats are exploding with players getting upset about the changes and many long time players starting to put up their enchantments for sale. Sounds like the change even prior to being launched on test is a big win.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I just want an explanation as to how they will address those who invested in Lifedrinker and Bloodtheft enchants, as well as artifacts and gear focused on the Lifesteal stat - Thirst as well as others. And the companions (Werewolf in particular) whose sole Active bonus focuses on Life Steal or Life Steal Severity.

And considering how drastic this change will be - I also think it's fair that the devs address this directly via a blog post, rather than expecting us to figure it out for ourselves by testing on preview.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    They stated that there would still be a couple sources of lifesteal. Lifedrinker and Bloodtheft enchants seem like the perfect candidates for that. So instead of them being gutted or changed, you might see them become the new hotness for soloing.

They could also throw in an extra item or two, like a Ring of Vampiric Regeneration, but using them would force a choice between having lifesteal vs being more powerful. That would still mainly be useful in solo content, but redundant in group content with a healer. I'm not making any bets, but I think it would be more than a fair trade.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Let us just trade in old +recovery items for AD or even give us a vendor that will let us trade in any item with +recovery or +lifesteal or whatever removed stat for an item with an equal item rating and of equal quality that has different stats.

They do not need to have every possible permutation of stats available for every item of every slot, just two or three different options for each slot and class.

I completely agree with this. Cryptic developers and company would need to provide us with substitute enchantments because we do not want to have same mistakes from MOD6 over again and lose over two years worth of effort to make everything build-wise.
    This is important to stress out and I do hope that developers listen to this.
    They have done something similar with artifact powers. Whoever had Lostmauth set was able to turn it in for another appropriate set of same quality.
    I think that this is only fair, as we do not have any involvement in the process of major changing of mechanic.
    Personally, I am afraid for my Black Ice Enchantments, rank 13/14 which I have been upgrading for some time now. They come with Recovery stat and I see that as a problem if Recovery goes out of the picture.
    I would like to have a possibility to pick which enchantment I would use from the Valuables Vendor and trade-in.
    I figure that this would be a decent thing to do on Developers part as this would show that they do have some respect for the player base, too.

True Neutral
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    empalas said:

They mentioned limiting AP gain as well so I suspect there won't be ways to speed that up by much outside of encounter/artifact powers.

then they'd better hard buff dailies damage cos as a gwf they have as much if nos less damage than encounters
    pterias said:

They stated that there would still be a couple sources of lifesteal. Lifedrinker and Bloodtheft enchants seem like the perfect candidates for that. So instead of them being gutted or changed, you might see them become the new hotness for soloing.

well that's what some guy thought by panic buying every single lifedrinkers available, or maybe he has some insights.

Wouldn't mind having situational enchants for once. Especially some that are not "rofl best damage enchant bis lul"
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    All in all, I think it would make more sense to have the 1 stat enchants be set to opposites. So radiant stays the same, azure becomes crit strike/crit avoidance, dark becomes arpen/defense and silvery becomes accuracy/deflect. But that is only what I think should be done, probably wont be what will happen.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Don't know that there's any valid information available to support this, but I'm noting that suddenly Lifedrinker is HOT on the AH.

Moderate enchants going for nearly $1M AD - and they are in short supply. Perfect Lifedrinker listed at $3.5 M...crazy.

Just 3 - 4 days ago these same enchants were bargain basement material.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    They're probably being bought up by NDA-signed testers that are positioning themselves to make bank on these and other changes.

Either that, or less scrupulous versions of me that are making an educated guess.
    empalas said:

arcanjo86 said:

this was mentioned :

"Utility Stats: - these stats don’t have ratings and instead receive boosts to their direct percentage

Action Point Gain
    Recharge Speed
    Stamina Gain
    Critical Severity
    Control Bonus
    Control Resistance
    Movement
    Gold Gain
    Xp Gain
    Glory Gain
    Companion Influence
    Incoming Healing Bonus"

some classes gain ap with damage, casting spells/healing etc, but its just the surface.
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    pterias said:

They're probably being bought up by NDA-signed testers

sad
    just got told to read that post that says 1 il =20 points on stats, check you current gear and see how much stats you will get according to this system ;)
    "the amount of stats per IL will be normalized. That means Shadowstalker +5 with 510 IL which currently gives 1357 stats (while R14 3-stat enchant gives 1400 stats) in new mod will give 510*20=10200 stats."
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    pterias said:

They could also throw in an extra item or two, like a Ring of Vampiric Regeneration, but using them would force a choice between having lifesteal vs being more powerful. That would still mainly be useful in solo content, but redundant in group content with a healer. I'm not making any bets, but I think it would be more than a fair trade.

Afaik the D&D rules are not allowing vampiric life drain to heal you, they rather grant temp hit points. In order to give actual healing a much more prominent role from M16 on, I'd go into that direction if I were them.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    c3rb3r3 said:

empalas said:

then they'd better hard buff dailies damage cos as a gwf they have as much if nos less damage than encounters
    A GWF? lol Ask a HR about dailies. ;-)
    arcanjo86 said:

"the amount of stats per IL will be normalized. That means Shadowstalker +5 with 510 IL which currently gives 1357 stats (while R14 3-stat enchant gives 1400 stats) in new mod will give 510*20=10200 stats."

OR.. the new IL level could be 1357/20 = 68.

IL is a relative value for comparing players, so what the actual values are doesn't really matter.
  • jdetrimentaljdetrimental Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I know this is the PC forum, but on Xbox the economy has went extremely downhill since the hunt bans, most alliances have died and only a few remain semi-active. I am stressing selling 20+ enchants, insigs, etc on the ah with a dead economy. Things don't move any more, a weapon or armour enchant you could be selling for months.

We need a straight up enchantment exchange for any the same rank owned before mod 16, anything less is straight up cash grab, I'd even argue theft.

Edit: to clearify the theft statement, people who bought things in this game and then they no longer hold value because of massive changes or force you to lose out. Also the game after this mod will not be the 'product' people bought things for. it will essentially be a different game, just with an old messy codebase and outdated engine.
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2019

My understanding is that anything with life steal will get crit resistance. As for enchantments with recovery it is probably going to have recharge speed or action point gained. That is my guess on the changes.

They're not even remotely similar. It's comparing apples to oranges and if Cryptic thinks swapping life steal for crit resistance is "fair" or in some way "equal", it's only going to HAMSTER off a TON of people, myself included.

Just 'cos they both, in some way, mitigate damage does NOT mean they are in any way equal.

arcanjo86 said:

just got told to read that post that says 1 il =20 points on stats, check you current gear and see how much stats you will get according to this system ;)

So I'd be around 360K Gear Score.
    True Neutral

Don't know that there's any valid information available to support this, but I'm noting that suddenly Lifedrinker is HOT on the AH.

Moderate enchants going for nearly $1M AD - and they are in short supply. Perfect Lifedrinker listed at $3.5 M...crazy.

Just 3 - 4 days ago these same enchants were bargain basement material.

People are getting ready for the upcoming mod. It is a big mod and people want to sell at the start of the mod to people who occasionally come, invest crazy money, and play for a month or less. But PvP-wise, Lifedrinker might be a thing to go to.
    True Neutral