test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[MOD 16] - Please bring back Salvage for at least a limited time

majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
A humble request, but would it be possible to reactive the salvage anvils for about a week after Mod 16 goes live? That way we get a week to clear out any of our current gear that might not be optimal during the leveling process without having to vendor, donate or refine it. Just a week or even a weekend worth of house cleaning. It's all I ask. :(
~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

Comments

• sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    it aint gunna happen
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User

I know, but I can still beg and hope my pleas are answered.

whts the point of beggin to a deaf person if the deaf person cant hear your pleas an jus stands there staring at you like u stupid???
    same thing here lol... why bother when they aint gunna bc they allredy think theres to much ad in the game which is why they
    did the salvage remova; to begin with lol
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

whts the point of beggin to a deaf person if the deaf person cant hear your pleas an jus stands there staring at you like u stupid???
    same thing here lol... why bother when they aint gunna bc they allredy think theres to much ad in the game which is why they
    Like I said, I know they probably wouldn't and I'm not asking for it to be permanent (if their concern in the amount of AD in the game). They would get a spike in the amount of AD as everyone goes and salvages what they can for the time period. Like I said, about a week so that folks can clear things out.

As I've mentioned in other posts to remind everyone who remembers the last level increase - our current gear (viable and/or near BiS especially, maybe some current BIS items as well) is probably going to turn into draconic fecal matter when 16 goes live. At least, during Mod 6, we could clear stuff out with salvage and soften the blow. Now we have what? Vendor for gold? Okay. If I need potions or are a Master Craftsman, I guess that's a good thing. Donate to guild? That would be nice it wasn't already packed with surplus equipment. Only thing that would make it worth anyone's while is salvaging it. Unbinding all the old equipment allows you to do what? Trade it or put it on the AH? Really? The amount you would get from a piece of either hunt gear or drops from the dungeons is paltry. A buyer would do a better job and save themselves some AD by grinding for it themselves.

If (and that's a big IF since we don't know what's coming and those who do are under NDA) this ends up being closer to a mod 6 repeat with the level increase, our current gear is now cosmetic rather than functional. It will get you through the first couple of levels, I'm sure, but later levels?

bobo#5090 said:

Salvaging needs to be permanently reactivated. OR they need to drop the bind account/character on pickup/equip. I've gotten the Horsemans Curaiss 2x in the last 3 days from drops/boxes in Ravenloft, and I feel it is not better than my current armor even if it is IL 520, and my current is 510. Turning it into refinement points is worth way less to me than being able to salvage/AH/trade so I can get the things I need like GMOPs and higher MOPs. I've been able to AH 1/2 of the garbage(defined as anything I can't use/I already have better) that has been dropping from Ravenloft/chests in random qs because most of it binds on pickup(never undertsood the method to that madness anyhow, unless it's to prevent newbs from gearing up with out spending actual coin/playing the game).

I'm glad you mentioned the Hunts, @bobo#5090 because that begs the question of "What's the point?" now that we've got 10 new levels to grind for? For even new 70s, what's the point of running those hunts for better gear to get them viable for intermediate content or higher? If the green drops that come from killing mobs in Undermountain is better than drops you get from gather up a group of friends to take on the King of Spines or Tryant. Yes, I know (for folks that might mention it) that the gear is slightly dated already but is still at least viable, if not near-BIS for some classes and builds. Now...What's the point of those?
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Huntgate... that is the reason why they will not bring it back.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I don't really care about bringing salvage back, but at least remove the 100k per account rad changeover.

I have over 8 million in RAD on my main. I am never going to see that emptied out.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    bobo#5090 said:

I don't really care about bringing salvage back, but at least remove the 100k per account rad changeover.

I have over 8 million in RAD on my main. I am never going to see that emptied out.

How is that even possible? I stop farming when I hit the cap, cuz there's point after that.
    That is the problem. You stop farming when you hit the cap. There is a lot of points after that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

bobo#5090 said:

How is that even possible? I stop farming when I hit the cap, cuz there's point after that.
    That is the problem. You stop farming when you hit the cap. There is a lot of points after that.
    Also, this is why there is a limit...

bobo#5090 said:

True, but at least with salvage you could get some immediate value of equipment/gear that you didn't want personally or couldn't use. That could build up your total to eventually buy what you might want later. As it stands now its only good for gold, weak RP and guild marks and is of little to no worth outside of those options. Yeah there is a refinement cap but bringing back salvage for a limited time wouldn't have an immediate impact on the amount of AD in circulation, just the rAD. As it stands now, there is no (ZERO) reason outside of cosmetics to run the hunts in Chult or Barovia.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @bobo#5090 said:
    > I don't really care about bringing salvage back, but at least remove the 100k per account rad changeover.
    >
    >
    >
    > I have over 8 million in RAD on my main. I am never going to see that emptied out.
    >
    > How is that even possible? I stop farming when I hit the cap, cuz there's point after that.

It happened by justing have extra salvage saved up. Running all types of hunts (didnt cheat the system). I have 8 alts that were storing salvage gear, when they changed and got rid of 36k a day per toon, i immediately had a backlog just on alts.

I will still running just the regular random.instances and it just kept adding up.
    I now just usually just run.the random advanced queue and hope to slowy drain the amount, but i still come away with about 35k from that run ( im a dc so i usually get a role bonus on all runs).
    edited February 2019
    They are not going to put back salvage because they won't win. They may 'please' you but there will be as much if not more complain if they put it back especially if is only for a short time. People already acted on the information as no more salvage and dump their epic gears for gold. Now, if they tell them what they dumped for 1 gold and a bit now worth 6500 rAD (even for a short period), there will be an uproar. e.g. I could have couple million rAD more if I did not dump whatever I got since mod 15.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • crash1254#7251 crash1254 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Is this why I am unable to buy zen with AD?

Is this why I am unable to buy zen with AD?
    No. You are able to buy zen with AD. You are just not able to buy zen with AD immediately. You need to wait for probably a month. i.e. put your order in and wait.

8 million AD is nothing in the grand scheme of 25 million Zen in the Zax.

bobo#5090 said:

True, but at least with salvage you could get some immediate value of equipment/gear that you didn't want personally or couldn't use. That could build up your total to eventually buy what you might want later. As it stands now its only good for gold, weak RP and guild marks and is of little to no worth outside of those options. Yeah there is a refinement cap but bringing back salvage for a limited time wouldn't have an immediate impact on the amount of AD in circulation, just the rAD. As it stands now, there is no (ZERO) reason outside of cosmetics to run the hunts in Chult or Barovia.
    Well, there is always rAD...
    r000kie said:

I can still beg

You lost the fight right there

Why? That's pretty much 99% of the requests and inputs in the forums. The worst they could do is do nothing or say no but that keeps us at the status quo. If you never ask the question though...

They are not going to put back salvage because they won't win. They may 'please' you but there will be as much if not more complain if they put it back especially if is only for a short time. People already acted on the information as no more salvage and dump their epic gears for gold. Now, if they tell them what they dumped for 1 gold and a bit now worth 6500 rAD (even for a short period), there will be an uproar. e.g. I could have couple million rAD more if I did not dump whatever I got since mod 15.

I don't expect them to. Yes it would be nice and it would please me if they did and that is a fair point to make that there would be more folks complaining that it wasn't permanent or that they dropped all their salvage for gold. Here is the thing though, would you honestly be surprised if (down the line) they changed the game again and brought it back? Knowing it would upset the playerbase that had vendored their epic gear?

If any are wondering or are confused, yes I would like for them to bring it back for a limited time but do I think they'll honestly do it or even consider it...No.

bobo#5090 said:

Well, there is always rAD...
    ...and Paris.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    They removed salvage because it was hurting the economy. Putting it back in (even temporarily) will do damage again. Its like asking for the speed limit to be increased to 200km/h temporarily because everybody has just been given a free Porsche temporarily. The speed limit was there for a reason.
    edited February 2019

I don't expect them to. Yes it would be nice and it would please me if they did and that is a fair point to make that there would be more folks complaining that it wasn't permanent or that they dropped all their salvage for gold. Here is the thing though, would you honestly be surprised if (down the line) they changed the game again and brought it back? Knowing it would upset the playerbase that had vendored their epic gear?

If any are wondering or are confused, yes I would like for them to bring it back for a limited time but do I think they'll honestly do it or even consider it...No.

That was why I said "more complain if they put it back especially if is only for a short time". The key part "only for a short time". If they put the salvage back as permanent, I would say there will be less complain because everybody just build that up again and the advantage to certain group of lucky people (say, for those who did not login over a year and do not even know salvage is gone) will be even out over time.

That was why I said "more complain if they put it back especially if is only for a short time". The key part "only for a short time". If they put the salvage back as permanent, I would say there will be less complain because everybody just build that up again and the advantage to certain group of lucky people (say, for those who did not login over a year and do not even know salvage is gone) will be even out over time.
    Fair enough. :)
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    havlocke said:

They removed salvage because it was hurting the economy. Putting it back in (even temporarily) will do damage again. Its like asking for the speed limit to be increased to 200km/h temporarily because everybody has just been given a free Porsche temporarily. The speed limit was there for a reason.

That's why I had asked that it be for a limited time. I remember why they removed it, but unlike the last level increase and gear switch up in Mod 6, we can't salvage any of the gear we currently have on us. Yes there are other options but those options existed the last time only that salvaging your old gear was probably the best option.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    If they bring salavge back, even temporarily, it will set a precedence. People will start hoarding salvage waiting for the next salvage holiday. Don't think it will be good overall. The gear we have on our toon's back isn't a whole lot. Four armor pieces and two rings. Maybe a second set for different loadout. A far cry from the amount being salvage on a daily basis before.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

If they bring salavge back, even temporarily, it will set a precedence. People will start hoarding salvage waiting for the next salvage holiday. Don't think it will be good overall. The gear we have on our toon's back isn't a whole lot. Four armor pieces and two rings. Maybe a second set for different loadout. A far cry from the amount being salvage on a daily basis before.

I think its this more than anything else. PPl will hoard stuff. And they HAVE to give warning when they are going to have this "salvage amnesty" otherwise ppl will complain that nobody knew. And if they do hoard stuff that pretty much screws over the whole reason we dont have salvage any more.

I agree... slippery slope
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

I wouldn't make the analogy comparing them to a disabled class - that gives the devs and their masters way too much excuse/credit for plausible deniability (and implies deaf people are not empathetic).

More like Scrooge McDuck or Pointy Haired Boss. They DO hear the requests/complaints/pleas. They just don't care, because MONEY.
  • octonionsrule#4355 octonionsrule Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Honestly, from a totally egoistic point of view bringing back salvage would be great. I could make rAD that lasts me a couple of weeks (at the 100k rAD limit).

From the viewpoint of the greater good it is bad:
    - It hurts the economy (the main reason why it was removed in the first place)
    - We currently have a backlog of almost 30 days on the ZAX, salvaging will make it worse.
    - A level cap raise is supposed to level the field for all (giving new players better chances to catch up). New players have no old gear to salvage. It does not help them.
    - People will run old content, just to amass salvage stuff. Devs want them to run new content..