test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delay Mod 16

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited January 2019

I really doubt pvp will ever be balanced, unless everyone agrees to go with basic set ups and equipment, artifact, boons are not valid in pvp..

What is balanced in pve? Most classes work well enough.. except maybe poor tr... jeepers that class.

anyways.. my biggest complaint in game has little to do with alot of you are talking about.. its simply, running content is meaningless, there is simply no reason to run any content.. nothing is worth anything.

Loot is worthless.. selling rp is worthless. its down to a small handful of items less then 5.. worth 100k and ues stones. Rerolls destroyed what little marked there was for randomized drops.. because everyone rolls until they get something usually..

thats it.. thats all there is in the game to run content for. Removal of salvage even made a quick 2k ad turn gone selling blue salvage to people. I used to make.. say 20-30k a week on blue salvages at least.. minimum. Now gone.

Bavoria destroyed salvage values , because instead of having a token system that you can select and choose, they did randomized rng on armor.. and so people were getting 50-60 epics at a time.. couldn't use 99% of it and salvaging.. then repeating every few days.. stupid.. Even without cheating, people were farming this for 200-400k in rough salvage week.. complete joke of a system, while i think HUNTS in bavoria are soooo much better then in omu/chult.. they shouldve went with a token system.. so we could make our our own setups and not this randomized junk system.. now that they pulled salvage its also meaningless.. they shouldve make tokens + like 1000 ad per run or something.. not what they did instead.

[snip]

REGARDLESS of anything else they do.. content should drop things people can earn AD with.. and right now its not.

REROLL system sucks.. as it just further pushes everything down in value.

Thanks cryptic for HAMSTER up your game so much.

You can't simultaneously argue that content drops too much of what people can earn AD with and that content doesn't drop things that people can earn AD with.

The game economy functions fine, except for the Zen/AD backlog. 100k AD/day of refinement is fine. Low prices for most items on the AH is fine, because it actually allows people to build up their characters in a reasonable amount of time and not rely on the RNG for a jackpot. Cheap RP is great. If they'd only take the RNG out of refinement, as I and others have been urging for years, the feel of upgrading a character would stop being tedious and painful.

You're saying at the same time that there should be cruel, obnoxious RNG in keeping people from getting necessary items so that they should increase in value and that there should be a token system so that no one needs much AD to get gear.

I'm fine with gear being accessible. The real improvements this game needs are in getting rid of the RNG wherever possible, class balance, de-emphasis on support classes that most of us don't want to play and rethinking the awful control/instadeath/immunity mechanics that have been ruining boss encounters since mod 6. And of course un-frakking the mess they've made out of mastercrafting.
    I personally like the bosses have something unique mechanic wise. One shots to non-tanks are not needed but many MMOs use them do to power creep in their game to make DPS back off a bit. It also encourages players to run support to either lower the enemies damage, reduce defense, etc... to make content easier for the group. Hybrid builds are not new in MMOs and as each class gets more buffing the norm in NWO will be probably be 5 hybrid classes running together through content.

As for RNG that is part of playing a MMO; however, other MMOs allow players to swap gear earned in the dungeon with other players that ran with the player, open world gear is free to trade, etc... imagine you got not one but three shadow stalk rings only one is viable for you as a DPS now you have 2 others that you don't need. With the ability to trade or sell it on the AH you could easily earn yourself some AD to buy something you do need.

Now onto RNG for improving enchantments; this is how they make their money. They make their money by players buying wards either coal or pres. Other players also make their in game currency this way. I recommend a change to process of improving enchantments. We should have the ability to add pres wards to the item to increase its chance of making it a higher rank. For instance, you got a 5% to rank a 11 to a 12. Each pres ward you add raises success % equal to the initial % odd of improving the item. For this example it will take 19 wards to make it 100% and therefore every time I go to raise an enchantment from a 11 to a 12 it will cost me 19 wards to ensure my enchantment always goes up a rank.

Other example are if an item is 50% one ward will make it 100%. If the item is 25% you will need 3 wards to make it 100%, etc...

If a player wants to try there luck on a 1% with one ward they can it just would change that % to 2%....

This method would make it easier to rank enchantments up without completely destroying the ward market. In fact the ward market may improve and the price of enchantments in the AH will more than likely drop.

Now here is the thing, there are players who are out right lucky and can rank a few 12 to 13 with 10 wards. I know one player that took fireburst shards and made a trans enchantment with 30 pres wards; yeah lucky but there are players who have that type of luck. Just like I have seen other players get 1 legendary mount a month with only daily keys.

There are other ways to take RNG out of the system; I just wonder when and if the devs will be willing to adjust the game to remove some of the RNG.
  • silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    adinosii said:

The thing is - yes, the developers probably have a target release date set internally, Maybe it is fixed, maybe it is flexible - I have no idea, The only people who know are either Cryptic employees or under a NDA and are not talking. Well, I guess the people at WotC are also informed about the release schedule, as they have to approve the content, but it's the same thing - those who know are not talking.

People can speculate all they want, but there is next to no public information available - only that nothing has been said yet, some vague comments that mod 16 would bring something "big", and another statement that they would not be releasing main modules alternating with minor ones. We also know that new modules have traditionally been released on Preview maybe 4-6 weeks before going live, and there is nothing there yet.

Based on this information and nothing else, I would guess end of March at the earliest - but again, that's just a guess, based on the (very limited) information above.

Edit: I just saw the comment by @feanor70118 about being invited to a (closed) test. Now, I am aware of one closed test like that before - in mod 9, which ran for a month before it it was placed on Preview for open testing. I have no idea whether it will follow the same schedule this time..

And yes, one final note - it seems that for some modules the release date has been synchronized with new material being released by WotC. I have no information about what WotC is planning, nor do I have any information about areas or themes in Mod 16, or whether it will tie into some WotC releases, but if you like speculating, you should follow WotC as well.

Edit: I just looked at the calendar. One "rule" is that new modules never get released in the middle of events, right? Day of the Dungeon Master runs until 4/4. The next Tuesday after that is April 9th, so based on the reasoning above, and public information only, I would bet on that date.

Have you bought any Wizards Of The Coast merchandise recently?
    I'm confident that they would "Approve" anything that comes with a Royalties payment. Quality has not been a major factor at WotC for some time.

We bought a gift set of the 3 core rulebooks for my daughter for Christmas. It felt like a "passing of the torch" moment.
    The DMG had pages stuck together near the middle pages from a bad trim, and the PHB very quickly started losing pages due to crappy binding.
    They cost a small fortune, $170 with the case and DM screen... At least the pages weren't upside down and out of order like some I've heard about.
    I stopped playing MTG years (in fact decades) ago, but some of the gamers I still see from time to time have bemoaned the quality of the cards in the game that made WotC the power house they became.

I've literally got first edition hardbacks that have taken over 35 years of dogs abuse and are in better condition than the WotC books we've had for a month.

adinosii said:

The thing is - yes, the developers probably have a target release date set internally, Maybe it is fixed, maybe it is flexible - I have no idea, The only people who know are either Cryptic employees or under a NDA and are not talking. Well, I guess the people at WotC are also informed about the release schedule, as they have to approve the content, but it's the same thing - those who know are not talking.

People can speculate all they want, but there is next to no public information available - only that nothing has been said yet, some vague comments that mod 16 would bring something "big", and another statement that they would not be releasing main modules alternating with minor ones. We also know that new modules have traditionally been released on Preview maybe 4-6 weeks before going live, and there is nothing there yet.

Based on this information and nothing else, I would guess end of March at the earliest - but again, that's just a guess, based on the (very limited) information above.

Edit: I just saw the comment by @feanor70118 about being invited to a (closed) test. Now, I am aware of one closed test like that before - in mod 9, which ran for a month before it it was placed on Preview for open testing. I have no idea whether it will follow the same schedule this time..

And yes, one final note - it seems that for some modules the release date has been synchronized with new material being released by WotC. I have no information about what WotC is planning, nor do I have any information about areas or themes in Mod 16, or whether it will tie into some WotC releases, but if you like speculating, you should follow WotC as well.

Edit: I just looked at the calendar. One "rule" is that new modules never get released in the middle of events, right? Day of the Dungeon Master runs until 4/4. The next Tuesday after that is April 9th, so based on the reasoning above, and public information only, I would bet on that date.

Have you bought any Wizards Of The Coast merchandise recently?
    I'm confident that they would "Approve" anything that comes with a Royalties payment. Quality has not been a major factor at WotC for some time.

We bought a gift set of the 3 core rulebooks for my daughter for Christmas. It felt like a "passing of the torch" moment.
    The DMG had pages stuck together near the middle pages from a bad trim, and the PHB very quickly started losing pages due to crappy binding.
    They cost a small fortune, $170 with the case and DM screen... At least the pages weren't upside down and out of order like some I've heard about.
    I stopped playing MTG years (in fact decades) ago, but some of the gamers I still see from time to time have bemoaned the quality of the cards in the game that made WotC the power house they became.

I've literally got first edition hardbacks that have taken over 35 years of dogs abuse and are in better condition than the WotC books we've had for a month.
    WotC is owned by Hasbro so all final decisions would be from Hasbro. Unless ownership changed once again for D&D.
    All my searches on Mod 16 has informed me of the following

1) No new classes
    2) New content
    3) New gear/weapons
    4) Paragon path that is picked at level 30 will have meaning in the game and the goal is to make it so that both paths are used by all classes
    5) All classes will see additional change in the next mod due to #4 above - this may include new role to the class and maybe even a new role to the game
    6) There is a NDA out there to test for mod 16 with all testing results being held back from the community (ABOUT TIME)
    7) Mod 16 is a month+ away from being released (based on an average of content being released every 3-4 months

As for holding mod 16 back to fix bugs, not going to happen and hopefully it doesn't. I just hope the devs release content worth playing. Last content I truly enjoyed was Omu; prior to that it was River District.
  • osu0148#5585 osu0148 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > All my searches on Mod 16 has informed me of the following
    >
    > 1) No new classes
    > 2) New content
    > 3) New gear/weapons
    > 4) Paragon path that is picked at level 30 will have meaning in the game and the goal is to make it so that both paths are used by all classes
    > 5) All classes will see additional change in the next mod due to #4 above - this may include new role to the class and maybe even a new role to the game
    > 6) There is a NDA out there to test for mod 16 with all testing results being held back from the community (ABOUT TIME)
    > 7) Mod 16 is a month+ away from being released (based on an average of content being released every 3-4 months
    >
    >
    > As for holding mod 16 back to fix bugs, not going to happen and hopefully it doesn't. I just hope the devs release content worth playing. Last content I truly enjoyed was Omu; prior to that it was River District.

> @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > What mod 16 brings will be this....
    >
    > 1) Two new classes
    > 2) All classes will be assigned two roles for Qing into content
    > 3) New role
    > 4) Buffing is cap (yup damage buffs we have in game will get a cap)
    > 5) New zone with repetitive weeklies/dailies
    > 6) New 10 man content or dungeon
    > 7) Update to enchantments and bonding
    > 8) Many players quitting
    > 9) Many players complaining about the update
    >
    > This is what I think will happen for mod 16. 1 is probably the only thing that may not show up with mod 16, the rest I'm pretty certain more than likely will happen.
    >
    >
    > Here is something I found that I believe is from the dev. This aligns with what I have been stating about how paragon path will determine our roles come mod 16; making the paragon path we pick "more exciting/desired".
    >
    > "Making the different paragon paths viable is actually a big push for us in M16 that we’re currently working on, so hopefully we can make the lesser used paragon paths more exciting/desired."

So which one is it? Do you just post multiple predictictions and hope you get one correct?
    Also, I don't believe it's that great of an idea to give a select few (20) people access to this to test their game for them. Some may be doing it to help see the game progress, but these people can also take advantage of the fact they are privy to this information and reap the rewards. While I hope that isn't the case, I think when exposing a number of people to the testing without consideration of the rest of the community, there should be some centralized location of logs that show what people are testing, what changes are being made, etc.
    Some place like....a forum?

Also, I don't believe it's that great of an idea to give a select few (20) people access to this to test their game for them. Some may be doing it to help see the game progress, but these people can also take advantage of the fact they are privy to this information and reap the rewards. While I hope that isn't the case, I think when exposing a number of people to the testing without consideration of the rest of the community, there should be some centralized location of logs that show what people are testing, what changes are being made, etc.

There should be NO testing by the community; I find any time you get a group of players testing some info is always left off the table and this results in a class or something being bugged or glitched and for a while that become the FotM thing to do until it is fixed. It is why I'm all for the company to manage its QA in house; the problem is paying for the staff and ensuring the QA team is skilled enough to capture, report and have the dev team fix the bugs before the next game patch goes live.
    I agree, but we find ourselves in that very situation where players are influencing the actual development of M16. Some of these players care about the game, some just care to do it for views on their channel. The devs and QA should be developing the game. If you are involving players in the development due to funding (laughable really), there should be some sort of tracking here of what is being tested, changed, etc. so that the rest of the community can be involved.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    "..influencing the actual development.." well, yes and no. The primary development decicions are set in stone before any players have any access to it. When we were doing the pre-Previw testing for mod 9, it was mostly limited to hunting for bugs, finding unexpected interactions, and providing feedback on whether certain features were underpowered or overpowered. So, just tuning and bug hunting....and this time should be no different.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited February 2019
    adinosii said:

"..influencing the actual development.." well, yes and no. The primary development decicions are set in stone before any players have any access to it. When we were doing the pre-Previw testing for mod 9, it was mostly limited to hunting for bugs, finding unexpected interactions, and providing feedback on whether certain features were underpowered or overpowered. So, just tuning and bug hunting....and this time should be no different.

And since we are talking about humans doing the valuation of a power being under or over powered we can safely state that even with all good intentions something will be missed or someone will do the human thing and purposely not speak up as they want the class they main to be overpowered. I have seen it happen in other games and it would not surprise me if it happened here.

I personally dislike having players test classes; there always seem to be an issue with one class being highly bugged when the code is launched when the player community is involved.

Hopefully we won't see this in mod 16 but given the ongoing issues I think something will be bugged and cause one class to be the FotY within NWO. I just have this feeling.
    My guess is mod 16 is coming to PC within the next 2 weeks. Typically two weeks prior to a new mod the glorious LB is released and given that the devs just announced a new LB that is similar to the Glorious LB I have a good hunch mod 16 is nearly ready to be launched; just a few more tweaks before it goes live. :)

• klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    The only thing they can do in 2 weeks is releasing a mod 15.b... on the preview server.
    Maybe within 2 weeks they will ANNOUNCE module 16, which means it will be coming in 2 months at best, that seems more likely...

Module 15 was announced at the end of August and released at the beginning of November. And we all know how "much" content it had. *rollseyes*
    No way in the nine hells they can release a module within 2 weeks with no announcement and no build on the preview server.

In all likelyhood, the lack of info about new module simply means that it has been delayed or they are behind schedule, rather than some obscure decision to "surprise" the player base with drastic changes that could backfire very drastically, as they say "testing the waters .... deep"
    Post edited by klangeddin on
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I have no idea when mod 16 will be announced, placed on Preview or released. The NDA prevents those participating in the playtest from commenting on the current state of mod 16, but just consider the average time between initial announcements and release of previous modules. That might give you a reasonable minimum estimate.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    micky1p00 said:

The 3 months come from Cryptic retention data. From interviews and streams, they have said that after 3 months without new content there is a more significant population drop (I don't know if it means people that will not return, or some other indicator).
    It's an indicator of a player 'attention span' more than anything I guess. Cryptic can mitigate and handle this by events, like the weekly events of double this and double that, or seasonal events, all of that is to maintain population over the 3 months it takes them to make a mod, and more so with mods that are content thin and won't hold interest for even a month and a half (like m15).
    Hence the tales of old, and CTA season.

Completely correct but missing some facts.

The 3 months was from before launch where Cryptic said all of that information about player retention and announced that they planned to have Four Modules released every year.

But we're also talking about a time period where they planned to release new classes all the time...etc. Etc.

The plans change. There isn't a new module every 3 months. Instead we have, as you said, some smaller events to keep people because releasing a new module every few months was quickly determined to be unrealistic.

As far as if people come back or not, the philosophy that the previous CEO, Jack Emmert, was that people leaving was inevitable and should be expected. He believed the biggest boon of the F2P model was that there was no barrier to entry not only for new players but also that there was no barrier to return. If you get bored then leave and play another game. Come back in a few months or a few years and enjoy the new content.
    I don't know if the new Cryptic Management holds a similar philosophy but that was the philosophy the early parts of the game were built upon.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2019

micky1p00 said:

The 3 months come from Cryptic retention data. From interviews and streams, they have said that after 3 months without new content there is a more significant population drop (I don't know if it means people that will not return, or some other indicator).
    It's an indicator of a player 'attention span' more than anything I guess. Cryptic can mitigate and handle this by events, like the weekly events of double this and double that, or seasonal events, all of that is to maintain population over the 3 months it takes them to make a mod, and more so with mods that are content thin and won't hold interest for even a month and a half (like m15).
    Hence the tales of old, and CTA season.

Completely correct but missing some facts.

The 3 months was from before launch where Cryptic said all of that information about player retention and announced that they planned to have Four Modules released every year.

But we're also talking about a time period where they planned to release new classes all the time...etc. Etc.

The plans change. There isn't a new module every 3 months. Instead we have, as you said, some smaller events to keep people because releasing a new module every few months was quickly determined to be unrealistic.

As far as if people come back or not, the philosophy that the previous CEO, Jack Emmert, was that people leaving was inevitable and should be expected. He believed the biggest boon of the F2P model was that there was no barrier to entry not only for new players but also that there was no barrier to return. If you get bored then leave and play another game. Come back in a few months or a few years and enjoy the new content.
    I don't know if the new Cryptic Management holds a similar philosophy but that was the philosophy the early parts of the game were built upon.
    I don't refer to any pre-relase information, It was much later, though not under the current team. I wasn't around pre-release, nor watching anything about the game, and this is something I saw in a live stream, or interview at least a year after I started playing.
    It could have been a stream with Jack Emmert and Panderus at around 2015? Not sure.

Obviously they can't maintain the 3 months per mod, though they tried to stick to the schedule by various means, like "b" modules. This indicates that the 3 months or people leave deadline stands, and we can still see it now, we 15 + tales of old.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Deja Vu.
    Search the forum archives.
    This conversation has happened before the release of almost every Mod since the disaster that was Mod 6.

Maybe delay would be good for the players if CS focused all energy and resources on bug fixes instead of a new Mod.
    But it will never happen.

Like the layered walls of the Grand Canyon, NW has petrified bugs that have been built upon for years and years.

In the end, CS is a business that thrives on new players and influx of cash/zen sales.
    Bug fixing does not generate revenue.
    New Mods do build revenue.

Delay for fixing bugs will not happen.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    with the new mod I would like to see the chat system reworked a bit or at least fix the years long problem of finishing a dungeon or any queue for that matter ,the party and queue being suddenly disbanded causes you to lose the party chat tab channel and it automatically reverts to [Say] and what looks like and tab next to it as well

I have always found the chat channel selection behaviour clunky and frustrating and considering one needs to continuously keep resetting it , an easier to use drop down or other system would be right at the top of a lot of neverwinter players wish list ;)

2c

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Delaying content won't serve any purpose.

Bugs are going to happen even if you think you have a perfect server/client build.

It is just the nature of the game and some bugs have been dormant for several years. It simply takes time and trying to be vocal enough pointing out to what seems to be an obvious problem, like inability to work with professions because of the +1 versions which you can't turn in. And do not step on toes of those who are trying to benefit the player base in the longer run by saying how something is "WAI", unless you yourself are a dev and/or a person who can directly quote to what dev stated be it on forum or on some other form of social media...

"Delay mod - make it good instead" is never going to happen. Some releases have to be spot on in terms of following the D&D events globally, and some have to take priority due to what higher-ups say.

Bugs with:

- Typos
    - Certain powers
    - Features
    - Mathematical calculations
    - Descriptions

Bugs will always happen, but important is to be vocal enough to get such bugs noticed so that developers may start working on them whilst they are in full capacity.
    If you are not vocal enough (and in a respectful manner, too), bugs may persist and some players may use the given bugs to gain unfair advantage by being able to complete something or do something way better/faster than other players could. This happened before, it might happen again, so be vigilant for bugs when new mod introduces itself and do not jump on getting what seems to be completely broken all of a sudden. Know that there are people who will argue against what you report as bugs because they prefer to have particular exclusivity to exploiting. These sorts of people will prefer to "keep things hidden" so that only they get the benefits. This is also unavoidable.

But if you opt for exploiting as soon as new mod comes - not only are you gambling with a potential ban, but you are messing with the game's economy itself!
    And that's why you can't have nice things in the game since you have to break everything. That is why all good things were taken away from players over the time and were removed regardless of a mass outcry against it.

Players who were bugging out Barovian Hunts, the best system that ever got introduced to Neverwinter Online, to gain unfair advantage in the means of AD amount, are very well the reason (at least one of) why all gear got turned into REFINE-only. NOw that gear is a clutter for most people.
    And it will take a long time before all of that returns to some normalcy, and even that - maybe. And who goes there, now? Only players who want to get some gear for alts, maybe not even that. And nobody will collect cards anymore, nobody will even do something regarding Barovia, at all.

Player base should also be responsible for exploiting things. And more often than not - you get away with it.

I say - allow developers to do their thing and if a problem arises, open a topic, send a ticket, make this game a better place for both you, developers and the rest of the player base.

With all of that being said, all profession quests which require "normal" versions of items should also allow the benefit of +1 versions, too.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    I’m on the fence but not for the same reasons, I just start playing in oct18 cause ravenloft, I’m in chult now, I’ve been building my stats so I could hit it last, so I wish they would delay so I can keep building like I am until I’m through the Ravenloft campaign. But on the other hand I wish they would release it yesterday so I know how to start rebuilding my character because I rely heavily on crit and lifesteal. 😭
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    At this point the bandaid just needs to be ripped off. Knowing basically everything is valueless makes grinding for stuff pointless. There is no point in playing until mod 16 imo .unless you are boon hunting in which case get as much done before next mod as possible. Don't ignore early zones as they will be harder come 16. You can economically grind out all the campaigns in 1 to 2 months with a couple well placed genies gifts and judicious choice in quests.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2019

At this point the bandaid just needs to be ripped off. Knowing basically everything is valueless makes grinding for stuff pointless. There is no point in playing until mod 16 imo .unless you are boon hunting in which case get as much done before next mod as possible. Don't ignore early zones as they will be harder come 16. You can economically grind out all the campaigns in 1 to 2 months with a couple well placed genies gifts and judicious choice in quests.

Some things will rise in value probably, because of the lifesteal removal.
    > @ghoulz66 said:
    > At this point the bandaid just needs to be ripped off. Knowing basically everything is valueless makes grinding for stuff pointless. There is no point in playing until mod 16 imo .unless you are boon hunting in which case get as much done before next mod as possible. Don't ignore early zones as they will be harder come 16. You can economically grind out all the campaigns in 1 to 2 months with a couple well placed genies gifts and judicious choice in quests.
    >
    > Some things will rise in value probably, because of the lifesteal removal

Oh I'm sure some things will rise. But what are they? Gear and masterwork stuff is valueless. That is the reason to play. None of those are going to hold value as far as we know this. So no point in playing til the mod is released
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

> @ghoulz66 said:

> At this point the bandaid just needs to be ripped off. Knowing basically everything is valueless makes grinding for stuff pointless. There is no point in playing until mod 16 imo .unless you are boon hunting in which case get as much done before next mod as possible. Don't ignore early zones as they will be harder come 16. You can economically grind out all the campaigns in 1 to 2 months with a couple well placed genies gifts and judicious choice in quests.

>

Oh I'm sure some things will rise. But what are they? Gear and masterwork stuff is valueless. That is the reason to play. None of those are going to hold value as far as we know this. So no point in playing til the mod is released

I don't think the devs are insane enough to make people's newly exalted bronzewood weapons obsolete already....
    ghoulz66 said:

> @ghoulz66 said:

>

I don't think the devs are insane enough to make people's newly exalted bronzewood weapons obsolete already....
    I am holding out hope that is so but there have been moves along these lines in the past. imo it's 80 percent chance we lose our newly exalted bronzewoods 20 percent chance they up the stats. before the stat upping they just did I would have never thought it would be possible. my cynic says they were doing a lost leader to get a huge ad sink.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

> @ghoulz66 said:

>

If you spent millions of AD on +1 versions of weapons, I have some bad news for you :bleep_bloop:
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    But that being said, more than likely our current bis gear will be good enough to get us to or very near to level 80 without any or at least many problems. Sure once we get to level 80 we will have to get new gear, but not very likely until then. 540 ilevel and above armors should be okay for now, same with the ilevel 500 weapons. But this is only a guess from the last level increase.

But that being said, more than likely our current bis gear will be good enough to get us to or very near to level 80 without any or at least many problems. Sure once we get to level 80 we will have to get new gear, but not very likely until then. 540 ilevel and above armors should be okay for now, same with the ilevel 500 weapons. But this is only a guess from the last level increase.

I wouldn't assume this. mod 6 green gear that dropped was more powerful than anything we had and we were still getting chicken stomped

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    One of the reasons so many problems exist is because of the overcomplicated you-know-what show the game is, packed with redundancies as it is.

You want that to be worked on, bring on Mod16 so they can free the time and clarity to target the remaining issues.