test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 - Once again a failure a proper communication

Comments

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Overall I find that this update will have many cost related items for players and if that is the case some players maybe tired of constantly needing to invest with each mod. As someone who mains a CW, every mod I have had to change 1-2 items that cost in game resources and sometimes real money do to how bad my luck is when I try to upgrade an item from epic to legendary or legendary to mythical. Forget going from a R10 to R14 enchantment. This seems like it is a major cost sink and I have a gut feeling we may see other changes that have not yet been announced that may impact our characters further.

IMO we didn't need both a level cap and redoing all the character classes. I would have introduce one in one mod and the other in another mod. I would have staged the rollout they have planned for mod 16. It also would be easier to catch and fix bugs.

Dude, can you give the lottery numbers for this weekend while you're at it?

You "FIND" that this update will...

At best you should be using the word "speculate," "guess", or probably "worry"...

If English is your second or third language I apologise, but with the evidence so far available there's nothing TO find.

Some of the outrage and assumption being displayed here is worse than when they announced the title of the fourth Harry Potter book without a full synopsis, and people went mad about underage school kids drinking Flaming Sambucas.*

(*that didn't really happen... I made it up to illustrate a point.)
    I MUST read Harry Potter and the Flaming Sambucas! Now!
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

lol overreacting to the initial announcement.

Have some patience. Answers will come in due time. Did you expect them to hand you a Mod 16 training manual with the announcement? Do you watch teaser trailers for movies and then go on a rage because they didn't deliver plot lines?

Every question you had will most likely be delved into once things actually hit preview and they start getting into the finer details of the changes. Class changes? Yeah I would expect to see a thread for every class again. Stat changes should be delved into. Feat trees should be a part of each individual class thread.

As for sneak peeks at gear, do you like any surprises? Geezus. Gimme gimme gimme.

We all want details. But i don't mind waiting for them to be presented in a good manner instead of a dumpster dive of information to sift through.

I expect them to show why we shouldn't panic. I think mcbengal has a very valid point here. they sprung a bunch of stuff on us which means great losses. they don't have a track record of everything turning up roses. they really need to communicate WHY it's different this time. or people WILL panic.
    I was talking with a few players I have ran with plenty over the past 2+ years. I will state its about a 50/50 split right now. Half is drinking the Cryptic cool-aid and thinks everything will be better. The other half is a bit more wary do to all the issues we have seen for bugs since the game has launched on PS4. Every update that has hit console has had some serious bugs limiting the player ability to run and completed content. This started with the launch of the game on PS4 and all dungeons having one shots by bosses, FBI, MSVA, MSPC, etc... every update had bugs and issues that cost us player either in game or real world money to acquire scrolls do to bugs just to play content. This doesn't include other issues or bugs we have seen with this game.

Some of the wary players are concerned around not only bugs but also other things. Such as their investment into say recovery, gear, etc.. A few are concerned that the new content will be like Elemental Evil; which I actually liked and others no so much. It was one of the few campaigns I actually try to play each time I create a new character as I found it very enjoyable.

A small group I talk to is worried about class balancing, meaning one class will be clearly superior to the other classes as a damage dealer making the rest of the DPS class not worth bringing along into groups.

A few felt the changes around feat will be enough for them to walk away as that is where we craft our build to be either a full DPS, buffer, healer, hybrid, or tank. Based on what was announced these players are feeling pigeon hole for the class they play and they are not liking.

A few people just quit and gave out everything they owned after reading this update and said yeah whatever cryptic. I'm done and moved on.

For me, I am waiting for more info to be released, but it won't surprise me if this game sees a mass exodus of players do to the massive changes that seem to be part of mod 16.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

I will be blunt here. I went into the module 16 playtest expecting it to be bad. I did not have high expectations at all and if it was anything like module 15 was to me, that would have been the last straw and I would have quit. Instead I was pleasantly surprised and I am very eagerly awaiting the arrival of module 16. Take that as you will, but right now I am looking forward to it.

Coming from thefabricant, that's really all you need to know....

I don't think it it's right that players who had access to testing are now reaping the benefits on the AH...

The play testers really aren't the ones playing the AH; it is the speculators who are guessing what the changes mean in terms of items/importance going forward. Most of the play testers really don't need to manipulate the market. When you already have access to pretty much everything (one of the reasons why they are play testers), market manipulation isn't that interesting as there isn't any point to it.
  • osu0148#5585 osu0148 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Because he plays CW and it actually works lol! Also, some playtesters are making gains from having early access. I don't only blame them though. The company is at fault as well. You shouldn't have player testers in the first place.> @rubytrue said:
    > I will be blunt here. I went into the module 16 playtest expecting it to be bad. I did not have high expectations at all and if it was anything like module 15 was to me, that would have been the last straw and I would have quit. Instead I was pleasantly surprised and I am very eagerly awaiting the arrival of module 16. Take that as you will, but right now I am looking forward to it.
    >
    > Coming from thefabricant, that's really all you need to know....
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

I will be blunt here. I went into the module 16 playtest expecting it to be bad. I did not have high expectations at all and if it was anything like module 15 was to me, that would have been the last straw and I would have quit. Instead I was pleasantly surprised and I am very eagerly awaiting the arrival of module 16. Take that as you will, but right now I am looking forward to it.

And that's supposed to mean what exactly? I don't know the person so I'm going to take it to mean that it'll be absolute shti because they're a habitual liar.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

So it'll be good for the CWs and screw the rest of us. Great thanks, that's good info to have.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I don't think it it's right that players who had access to testing are now reaping the benefits on the AH...

@thefabricant

*coughowlbearcubscough*
    rubytrue said:

No, it means CW is broken.
    And we're probably getting an isometric mode.
    And expect the damage formula to involve multi-variable calculus, if not more advanced mathematics.

The only thing I can hope for if we're becoming PoE is bullet hell enemies, because I expect the qq to be glorious from barbies that have no clue what dodging is.

rjc9000 said:

The only thing I can hope for if we're becoming PoE is bullet hell enemies, because I expect the qq to be glorious from barbies that have no clue what dodging is.

What the hell language is this supposed to be?
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    rjc9000 said:

No, it means CW is broken.
    And we're probably getting an isometric mode.
    And expect the damage formula to involve multi-variable calculus, if not more advanced mathematics.

Topkek.

As if ISOMETRIC mode is a bad thing...

@Topic : Recovery was a major part of the game for FIVE years. A bit more courtesy from developers/higher-ups wouldn't hurt as far as the terms of explanations go. A blog post can't possibly cover it.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

lol overreacting to the initial announcement.

Have some patience. Answers will come in due time. Did you expect them to hand you a Mod 16 training manual with the announcement? Do you watch teaser trailers for movies and then go on a rage because they didn't deliver plot lines?

Every question you had will most likely be delved into once things actually hit preview and they start getting into the finer details of the changes. Class changes? Yeah I would expect to see a thread for every class again. Stat changes should be delved into. Feat trees should be a part of each individual class thread.

As for sneak peeks at gear, do you like any surprises? Geezus. Gimme gimme gimme.

We all want details. But i don't mind waiting for them to be presented in a good manner instead of a dumpster dive of information to sift through.

I expect them to show why we shouldn't panic. I think mebengal has a very valid point here. they sprung a bunch of stuff on us which means great losses. they don't have a track record of everything turning up roses. they really need to communicate WHY it's different this time. or people WILL panic.
    Mod 6 apparently impacted the player base and many left as it significantly impacted the game. Mod 12b bonding runestones were adjusted many players also left the game. Mod 14 after corrective action was taken more players left the game. Players leave the game for one reason or another but typically it is do to a major change that they dislike. Mod 16 is a major change and I'm 100% certain without a doubt that some players will leave; how many will leave has yet to be determined.

I do know that the more people have to pay or any changes that feels like a loss for the player the more likely a bigger population of players will leave. That is something to keep in mind. Some players will leave sooner than later simply do to not being able to manage change well.

I see mod 16 changes as good and bad; I just would like more info before I make my decision if I will continue to play this game and if I will continue playing all three of my characters. The thing is though as someone who has spent resources both personal and in game on my characters I feel slighted a bit by the announcement of removal of recovery as the three characters I play are all built around recovery. This change will require me to adjust my character enchantments and there will be a cost here as well.

The other thing is this last mod I just spent time getting new waist, neck and weapons. And it appears mod 16 do to moving up to level 80 I will eventually have to go out get the updated/new weapons, neck and waist that are level 80 vs level 70. This does not include going after the level 80 armor, rings, shirt, pants, and updated companion gear as well. This is all a cost to me given the bad luck I have when I go to rank up anything in this game.

Than I have to look at the class changes to see how the changes impact my character and my focus on my enchantments. The other thing is the change to crit chance and it capping at 50% and now I have to adjust characters that are designed as DPS if I continue playing that characters to ensure I get the most of that characters.

I also enjoy being able to build my character with the ability to act as a DPS, a support or a hybrid. I like having the ability to select how I build my character. With the announcement it seems like we will have less in how we design our character; this sounds like going backward and not forward in game design. Though some times less is more, not sure if that is the case here yet, because this one is definitely a wait and see item.

Overall I find that this update will have many cost related items for players and if that is the case some players maybe tired of constantly needing to invest with each mod. As someone who mains a CW, every mod I have had to change 1-2 items that cost in game resources and sometimes real money do to how bad my luck is when I try to upgrade an item from epic to legendary or legendary to mythical. Forget going from a R10 to R14 enchantment. This seems like it is a major cost sink and I have a gut feeling we may see other changes that have not yet been announced that may impact our characters further.

IMO we didn't need both a level cap and redoing all the character classes. I would have introduce one in one mod and the other in another mod. I would have staged the rollout they have planned for mod 16. It also would be easier to catch and fix bugs.
    also people who just spent millions on tensers will be affected. things you spend multi millions on should be relevant for more than one mod. it would be nice to know how bad this will be. will a stat just as relevant and needed be substituted? will the recent mw gear be updated to level 80? these things would be nice to know. there is a real loss here. I'm not worried about old hunt gear... but mw stuff costs millions if you make it yourself or buy it. I was trying to make myself the new weapons on three chars. I was getting close, I'm glad I never got there. not gonna do it now. selling off all mw stuff. because who knows what will be needed next mod. can farm it again. no point in doing masterwork at the moment until people know how current mw is affected. no one is going to buy anything until then. at this point as much as I am not looking forward to mod 16.. it's not worth playing mod 15 at all until it's released because everything is basically valueless at the moment until more information is had.

I personally saw no NEED for a level cap increase, but if there is a good rationale, and it drives the game forward then I'm happy to give it a bash.

And coming up next in the Neverwinter Event Season... It's Bash the Devs! That's right folks, your favorite and mine. One at a time! No crowding, please! Hey now, hammers only, none of those Black Ice Picks!
    I don't think anyone is bashing the devs here. we are asking for more information. there is a difference between bashing what they've done and bashing them personally. I personally do not blame the devs for what has happened here. I blame their pointy haired bosses who undoubtedly never ever play mmos and have not alloted the work force that a game like this needs
  • mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    The lifesteal issue has got me having anxiety attacks! I think I’ve already posted my concerns on lifesteal like 4 times today. I have very little defense, no Regen, all deflect and LS. During the coarse of any dungeon battle my health bar looks like a audio decibel meter going to some crazy dance music!!
    edited February 2019

The lifesteal issue has got me having anxiety attacks! I think I’ve already posted my concerns on lifesteal like 4 times today. I have very little defense, no Regen, all deflect and LS. During the coarse of any dungeon battle my health bar looks like a audio decibel meter going to some crazy dance music!!

i wouldnt sweat it until we know more. the classes won't look anything like what they look like today. everything is different. I'm sure in the new gear artis weapons and what not defense will be covered. nothing you're wearing now is going to be relevant mod 16

we will be reliant on healers stones, health companions for solo (I hope they greatly reduce the amount of gold for slotting and unslotting bondings if we have to go back and forth between dungeon pet and solo pet though) and maybe other. from what I can see we are playing a absolutely new game as of mod 16 complete reset.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
    edited February 2019

I don't think anyone is bashing the devs here. we are asking for more information. there is a difference between bashing what they've done and bashing them personally. I personally do not blame the devs for what has happened here. I blame their pointy haired bosses who undoubtedly never ever play mmos and have not alloted the work force that a game like this needs

undoubtedly lack of staffing doesn't help when it comes to releasing buggy content. but saying 'working as intended' about obvious bugs, isn't due to lack of staffing. making bad directional choices about the game, that isn't due to lack of staffing. not listening to the playerbase and pushing ahead with ideas they know people aren't going to like, because they've repeatedly been told as much, that's not due to lack of staffing.

that's pointy haired bosses saying make due you don't have time to fix it so it's now working as intended. work on this now. devs don't choose what they work on and they are undoubtedly worked to the bone here.

rubytrue said:

with all due respect, (because I do respect the fabricant, but I do not always agree with him) what he wants from the game vs what the general population of the game wants is two very different things. he comes at this game from a super leet stand point which most of us are not aiming for. so that in and of it self frightens me :) at the same point from a bug aspect it is reassuring as well.
    I get that. I really do. But thefabricant isn't the only play tester to say similar things. If he was the only one saying this, then yeah, I'd be a bit more skeptical, but you have adinosii, another play tester saying pretty much the same thing. You don't have to agree with someone to be piqued with curiosity (if not optimism) that this mod will be a much needed improvement over what we've had recently.
    edited February 2019
    From another thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1245751/do-you-have-any-hopes-for-m16

This is a comment from adinosii:

As you know, the NDA restricts what we can talk about. For example, I cannot comment on the reasons why the developers felt a closed playtest would be a good idea for M16, considering they have not done anything like it since M9.

I can say the following, however: The playtesters have different interests, opinions and priorities. Some are more interested in testing new content, while others are more interested in testing changes.

We also do not agree on everything - we have different favourite builds and playstyles, and different opinion on how we would like the game to evolve. So, actually I think we represent a fairly large part of the playerbase...maybe not inexperienced newbies, but we remember what it was like to be one.

While most of us may have BiS (or close to BiS) characters, we are not just running around playing those.

As for personal advantage, yes there is some truth in that...we might be able to guess that something might increase or decrease in price, due to changes in demand, for example. I do not think playtesters are generslly abusing that inside information, however.

However, some of the playtesters might be working on guides scheduled for release once the NDA is lifted and having those guides would benefit the playerbase as a whole...save everyone some time.
  • mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    > @thefiresidecat

I think I’m gonna be sick🤮just started late 2018.....but I’ll still play though., hope it’s a good change.😑
    Any idea on How soon before it spreads to ps4?🧟‍♂️

> @thefiresidecat

I think I’m gonna be sick🤮just started late 2018.....but I’ll still play though., hope it’s a good change.😑

unless you spent a ton of real cash on the game it's not likely to affect you that badly. I was where you are with mod 6. I barely felt it. when you've been taking bis it hurts a little more. lol
    rubytrue said:

From another thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1245751/do-you-have-any-hopes-for-m16

This is a comment from adinosii:

As you know, the NDA restricts what we can talk about. For example, I cannot comment on the reasons why the developers felt a closed playtest would be a good idea for M16, considering they have not done anything like it since M9.

I can say the following, however: The playtesters have different interests, opinions and priorities. Some are more interested in testing new content, while others are more interested in testing changes.

We also do not agree on everything - we have different favourite builds and playstyles, and different opinion on how we would like the game to evolve. So, actually I think we represent a fairly large part of the playerbase...maybe not inexperienced newbies, but we remember what it was like to be one.

While most of us may have BiS (or close to BiS) characters, we are not just running around playing those.

As for personal advantage, yes there is some truth in that...we might be able to guess that something might increase or decrease in price, due to changes in demand, for example. I do not think playtesters are generslly abusing that inside information, however.

However, some of the playtesters might be working on guides scheduled for release once the NDA is lifted and having those guides would benefit the playerbase as a whole...save everyone some time.

I'll be thrilled it if comes up roses. but it would be nice to have some communication from the actual devs with more details to confirm how bad the losses will be other than game play wise or if they have some plans for exchanges not making mw stuff obsolete ect. the play testers are also serious masterworkers. it suits them very well if everything is made obsolete lol
  • sinrealsinreal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    My big question, Do you think they will fix large weapons clipping into body when standing idle in mod 16?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    No, Barbarians thrive on pain.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    sinreal said:

My big question, Do you think they will fix large weapons clipping into body when standing idle in mod 16?

Not a chance. So many animations are broken now.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Recovery was a major part of the game for FIVE years. A bit more courtesy from developers/higher-ups wouldn't hurt as far as the terms of explanations go. A blog post can't possibly cover it.

I am no dev, but here is my insight: Recovery has devalued the point daily attacks and made encounter powers extremely spammable to the point where there is not much of a need to pay attention.

Daily attacks are intuitively supposed to be similar to ultimates or super moves, the most powerful attacks a player can use that is balanced (in theory) by not being able

In practice, top end players get so much Recovery (and Action Point gain) that daily attacks can be spammed with relative impunity. Right now, you have DCs dropping AA every 7-10 seconds, CWs using Ice Knife every 8-10 seconds, OP putting out Shield of Faith every 5 secs with the right setup, SW firing Brood of Hadar every 10 seconds, even TRs getting dailies within under 15 seconds (even post powerlooping). Daily attacks are currently no more than "encounters with a different cooldown". The only classes* that don't spam dailies all day every day are GWF (loluseless dailies) and GF (because you press one daily and lol3hit bosses).

To keep up with this spammage, daily attacks had to (mostly) be toned down in effects due to being really easy to obtain.

*HRs were designed around daily spam, given the weird AP useage of things like Disruptive Shot and Forest Ghost, but to compensate, their daily attacks are so meh that they aren't that big of a deal.

Encounter powers just turned into just harder hitting At-wills with a small cooldown. CW can toss out Disintegrate every 2 seconds with enough Recovery, GFs can keep up ITF 24/7, GWFs can fire IBS every 5 seconds, SW is firing Killing Flames every 6 seconds, DC can refresh Exalt every 5 seconds, and even HR has practically permanent Flurry (or only 3-4 seconds of Flurry downtime with something like 5000 Recovery). There is not much strategy to using encounters besides "get the order right for max DPS".

With Recovery gone, I suspect that the dev team will try to make daily attacks much more powerful and more unique (rather than Ice Knife being "double damage disintegrate with a cooldown that procs combustive action/arcane power field, maybe Ice Knife will be something like 8x the damage of Disintegrate that can only be fired every 2 minutes). Same for encounters, I suspect they will be re-tooled so cooldown time vs. damage becomes a factor. I suspect something similar might happen for Encounters: now you may need to hold (x) in storage to make sure you can take out a certain add/do a certain mechanic in time, or will need to judge encounters based off damage and cooldown time.

I don't think it should have been completely removed, but I think something should have been done to address the devaluing of encounter powers/daily attacks.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited February 2019

I remember when Mod 6 launched, when every peon critter hit like a truck and you ***had*** to slot a healer companion to do your dailies. It was frustrating as hell. Ever since, I've chased the Defense stat to no end, regardless of which alt. While I'm prepared to go that route, I really don't want to have to do that just to do my daily quests (which are solo content). It's not fun at all. I've kept my Drowned weapons in reserve for emergencies and I foresee that they might become necessary again. I hope not, though. It's also worth pointing out that those didn't even exist when Mod 6 launched -- they came to be during Mod 8 (Deadliest Catch), which we all spent on a wet rock in the rain hunting crabs. That's how hellish doing our dailies had become after the Mod 6 nerf to survivability.

I can only issue a stark warning to the devs: don't kill survivability for doing solo content, or I predict you will see another mass exodus. Cranking the difficulty up to 11 with Mod 6 frustrated the hell out of everyone and rendered PE a ghost town for a very long time. We even contemplated shutting our guild down because so many had left, and we were there since the first days with Kaelac. I don't want to ever see those days return.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    hustin1 said:

I remember when Mod 6 launched, when every peon critter hit like a truck and you ***had*** to slot a healer companion to do your dailies. It was frustrating as hell. Ever since, I've chased the Defense stat to no end, regardless of which alt. While I'm prepared to go that route, I really don't want to have to do that just to do my daily quests (which are solo content). It's not fun at all. I've kept my Drowned weapons in reserve for emergencies and I foresee that they might become necessary again. I hope not, though. It's also worth pointing out that those didn't even exist when Mod 6 launched -- they came to be during Mod 8 (Deadliest Catch), which we all spent on a wet rock in the rain hunting crabs. That's how hellish doing our dailies had become after the Mod 6 nerf to survivability.

I can only issue a stark warning to the devs: don't kill survivability for doing solo content, or I predict you will see another mass exodus. Cranking the difficulty up to 11 with Mod 6 frustrated the hell out of everyone and rendered PE a ghost town for a very long time. We even contemplated shutting our guild down because so many had left, and we were there since the first days with Kaelac. I don't want to ever see those days return.
    I still recall the horror of the Howling Maw lair from Spinward Rise. Those death slaad back then were crazy.
  • silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Dude, can you give the lottery numbers for this weekend while you're at it?

You "FIND" that this update will...

At best you should be using the word "speculate," "guess", or probably "worry"...

If English is your second or third language I apologise, but with the evidence so far available there's nothing TO find.

Some of the outrage and assumption being displayed here is worse than when they announced the title of the fourth Harry Potter book without a full synopsis, and people went mad about underage school kids drinking Flaming Sambucas.*

(*that didn't really happen... I made it up to illustrate a point.)
    "Keep your eyes open while delving the layers of Undermountain, not just for dangers and traps, but for the glint of treasure hidden throughout. As players advance to level 80 so does the gear. Undermountain brings new equipment ranging from level 71 to 80, new seal gear, new dungeon equipment, and even new higher item level artifacts for players to enjoy."

Speculation? I think not. The very last part of the quote above from the post by the dev clearly shows that players will have to invest in game resources or real world money, depending upon their luck, to upgrade the new higher IL artifacts. Now keep in mind artifacts in this game includes regular artifacts, weapons, neck and waist. Therefore my speculation is not speculation given this. I simply read what was written and expressed my concern over the fact that the company is once again pushing newer and shiny items our way that quite a few players will use real funds to acquire or to reach its max IL.

As someone who just did this I'm not all that happy about needing to do it so soon. I was hoping my weapons would last a year like the Fey weapon did.

I don't want to get bogged down in linguistic semantics, but even if you start a sentence with "I find" and then go to say "May be tired of." you are still speculating.
    (You didn't FIND that there will be new gear... it's right there in front of your eyes, it wasn't lost or hidden, it took no effort to uncover, the speculation comes in your conclusion as what that information may or may not mean.)

Let me break it down.
    "I find that this new Mod will have new content... which means new gear... which means... I'll need to somehow EARN that stuff." (Objective data, which everyone can see.)
    "And maybe some people won't like that". (Subjective assumption, or opinion.)
    See how it works?
    Tying an objective and subjective into one statement doesn't strengthen the objectivity of the assumption.

But, anyway, on to the wider complaint.

So... there will be new gear?
    Isn't what you would expect in ANY NEW CONTENT. Irrespective of level cap increase.
    I'd hope there was something worth having after grinding an entire new NWO campaign.

Invest "in game resources"???????
    What do you think they exist for????

It's like moaning about Easter. "I find that some people may be tired of chocolate, ergo Easter is BAD." Who are these people? Let them go somewhere and eat carrots, not moan about how the announcement that Easter is coming round in a few months is somehow bad news for everyone else who quite likes chocolate. (That's a simile. Just in case anyone wonders what the hell carrots have to do with anything...)

Maybe consider that such a situation will allow players to actually do MORE than shower rinse and repeat the same content over and over in a bid to fast track to BiS so they can... run the same content over and over once a week, complaining that there's not enough to do?

BiS is about to get better. Much better.
    And that will mean that people will find it harder to get their four best buddies, buy a bunch of Campaign Advancement packs, fast track the campaign and ram raid the new Dungeon, gain all the new gear, vivify it and sit back and wait for the next mod to drop.
    I'm sure there will be a few who have the money to fast track to 80, (Hell, there will probably be a Zen bundle...) and also buy most of the associated gear.
    Personally, I'd rather the campaigns be better, and play the game and get there eventually.
    But if they have the money and that's how they enjoy playing, fair play to them. Those are the people who are paying far more of Cryptic's bills than I ever will, so I'm not going to criticise them for covering my end of the costs.

But since it looks like L71-80 will be EARNED through campaign participation rather than chasing dire bears in the Stronghold, it won't be so easy to just throw freebies at alts to get them up there.

There will be LOADS of new stuff to do. How the hell is THAT a bad thing? Who are the people who want new content, but without new rewards and better gear?
    Are they after content that they don't have to invest anything in? I suppose those guys LOVE the new Professions... new content that they can choose to completely and utterly ignore.

In summary... if you are tired of grinding and refining for new and better gear... it's not a problem with Mod 16.

I find that some players may be tired of playing a linear progression MMO. Maybe they just don't get the way these things work and might be better off trying a different type of game.

This discussion has been closed.