test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

do build for k team?

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
anyone know of one? would having a build that is full virtuous plus a little righteous or faithful be good or full faithful with a little virtue. and then go for heals and defense more than debuff? I took a couple example screen shots but they'll take a while to upload

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Everyone's mileage may vary, but I don't see much point in trying to build a defensive/healing DO even for K-Team. Most of the those feats are close to useless, at least for PvE (I can't speak much for PvP these days). You simply can't get enough extra mitigation from those trees to make much of a difference, and a DPS-spec Righteous DO with Repurpose Soul will out-heal anything Virtuous or Faithful can do assuming a standard encounter loadout like DG, BtS, Chains/Daunting/PoD/Takeyourpick.

In my experience, most K-Team deaths in parties that generally know what they're doing result from messing up one-shot mechanics and aren't something that added healing will help.

Of course, all of this is somewhat academic because nothing much good comes from K-Team, but I'd probably be running it for the heck of it, too, if not for the Tales distraction.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    sigh. thought maybe there was something new to do. I haven't tried k team yet. A little frightend of first try being tong. not sure why they scheduled that one for the first week a lot of people who didn't buy the pack would be unlocking on console. :) we don' thave tales yet.
  • myrinxmyrinx Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I think there is room for some healing in Kteam as well as Tales of Old event. As was mentioned, mileage can vary, as it really depends on skill level, build,and item level of the people you are running with. In guilds/alliances you can often be taking less than optimal groups through kteam and healing/dmg mitigation can be really helpful. I have played Ac/Dc for a long time and dusted off my Virtuous build for kteam and some event runs. With virtuous i still have all the powershare feats, i just lose out on a few debuffs so its a decent balance. My friend i run regularly with is an 18k DO and has not run healer in years. She recently broke out her old faithful healer for the event. She is having a blast and we can ride comfortably through. We are finding healing is useful for running level 4 and 5. We have changed our style to be a bit less about rampaging and a bit more "being a hero potentially costs you rewards". Our times have still been quite respectable and with very few deaths.

In kteam, with reduction of defensive stats and armor enchants not working we have found value in the classic "heals and shields" combo. As a cleric you can mitigate some of the damage (preventing some one shot scenarios) and then top them back off with a heal. When it only takes one death to lose everything, i dont mind a bit of redundancy and caution.