test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug: Not getting Coins of Tales Told after completion

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
I've done numerous event dungeon runs, up to and including 5x but I haven't gotten any more coins from doing so. I think I found a bug that is preventing me from getting those coins. If I enter the dungeon solo and then exit, I can talk to Nipsy and he will give me a Coin of Tales Told (I can do this repeatedly for more coins--that don't seem to count in the store). The first time I did this was accidental, and it shut me out of Coins going forward; I've deleted/discarded coins but to no avail. I still can't accumulate event coins from dungeon runs. If anyone has done this, it may keep them out of the event (seasonlong); we should be compensated with the coins since we can't do the event.

Comments

• melisandrelarojamelisandrelaroja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Hello,
    I have same bug since Thursday. Instead of getting coins as reward, I get an epic item named "Coin of tales told" in my normal inventory, but can't open it or anything (just discard it). So every time I run the event, no matter how many tiers (even 5x) I get no coins but this item.
    It happened after first time I went with my DC to run the event. We wanted to do 5x run but due to huge lag on Thursday we left after finishing first tier. But I made another party later that night and we did 5x run. Problem is (I think) that I forgot to go take my reward after that first tier 1 run. So after the 5x run I got no coins but the item on inventory.

I sent ticket but no fix, no reply, no hint during these days.

I have no problem in getting coins on my GWF. The problem on my GWF is that I just got 136 coins but no fabled chapter. EDIT: *finishing the dungeon once again (any tier) got me the Fabled Chapter :-) *

An answer from cryptic or some hint would be appreciate it.

Regards,
    Meli
    Post edited by melisandrelaroja on
    Hello,
    I still have same issue on my DC.
    Today I did a 5x run and another 4x and still zero coins of tales told.
    This is what i get instead:

I should have 2 more of them but I discarded them to finish event run with any on my inventory and see if it would fix something, but still bugged.
    I get one of those items as reward after finishing an event run and go talk to the bard in PE, but no coins of tales told, and an error message "You already have all of the items in this package".

At this point I did so many runs I would have 135+ coins but instead I only have 1 coin from the initial quest when you talk to the bard for the first time.
    Tales of Old is a great event and the reward is awesome, but it's already Monday night and without a fix I'm afraid I won't be able to get my Fabled Chapter :-(

Meli
  • rekrad#5110 rekrad Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same here, run it multiple times, no reward only those Coins..
  • itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    Wont make it in time to get the rest of the set if they fix by tomorrow anyways feelsbadman.
  • sjk2603sjk2603 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Check in your wealth tab in inventory...mine go in there at the bottom just before the currency icons..when i complete a 2 run dungeon, Nipsy gives 1 coin but i get 3 in my inventory.
    sjk2603 said:

Check in your wealth tab in inventory...mine go in there at the bottom just before the currency icons..when i complete a 2 run dungeon, Nipsy gives 1 coin but i get 3 in my inventory.

I don't get any coins on my DC after completing dungeon. On wealth tab, store event or anything.
    I do get coins on my GWF though.
    My DC character is the one bugged.

Meli
  • justawillyjustawilly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    GWF I got no issue on my op I have this issue:/ hope I didn't run it on my op for nothing.... I would be extremely pissed
  • hpfireman#6695 hpfireman Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Same thing happened to me.... I had 2 of those coins in my main inventory from doing runs. Yesterday I hit >=135 campaign coins and did not get a fable. Then I clicked on one of those inventory coins and it gave me a fable chapter. Not sure if this i intended because the instructions on how it's supposed to work are so vague I can't tell and only some people seem to be confused, like me.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    From what a guildie has been able to determine, this will occur if you take the following steps:
    1. Complete a run of ToO (doesn't matter if it's a 1x or 5x - just complete, then leave)
    2. DO NOT talk to Nipsy the Bard after you leave the party instance.
    3. Start a new ToO run.

Once you do that, you should be unable to collect further coins.