test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug: Coins of Tales Told not being given for dungeon runs

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
I've done numerous event dungeon runs, up to and including 5x but I haven't gotten any more coins from doing so. I think I found a bug that is preventing me from getting those coins. If I enter the dungeon solo and then exit, I can talk to Nipsy and he will give me a Coin of Tales Told (I can do this repeatedly for more coins--that don't seem to count in the store). The first time I did this was accidental, and it shut me out of Coins going forward; I've deleted/discarded coins but to no avail. I still can't accumulate event coins from dungeon runs. If anyone has done this, it may keep them out of the event (seasonlong); we should be compensated with the coins since we can't do the event.

Comments

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Here is a video showing the bug"

https://youtu.be/x7XiW4dE-PA
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Did you talk to the Minstrel after?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Did you talk to the Minstrel after?

Yes. Nipsy will give me one coin (that isn't usuable) regardless of how many runs I've done; I've tried it with 1x, 2x, 4x, and 5x runs with the same result.
    When Cryptic bugs an event that is part of a season, it literally ruins a *WHOLE FREAKING YEAR* for the player because they can't get the currency needed.
  • shadower75shadower75 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    This bug on the Drider is also common.
    We expect the fastest fix.
  • reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    Same here, not only fix, I want my Coins. I dint spent my free time, grinding the content just to be fkd up at the end.
  • illhoraillhora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    same here, contacted support. Hope they will manage to help us asap.
  • hov#5140 hov Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same thing happened to me, i did a x5 runs and another x3 runs before reset and didnt turn in the quest because i was almost maxed out then i turned the quest in after reset and got the error, i discarded the coin and did another 5x run but to no avail. I hope this gets fixed, i have put a lot of time and effort into it.
  • itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    Please fix this haven't been able to get any coins for the past 3 days, I only get 1 on bag but it dosnt even count it. Dosnt matter if its x5 or x4, etc.. Hopefully give us more days to obtain the new set for people who got this bug.
  • melisandrelarojamelisandrelaroja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Same problem for me as I exposed here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1246003/bug-not-getting-coins-of-tales-told-after-completion

Even if they fix now the bug, there is no time to grind enough coins to get the Fabled Chapter..

Meli
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    From what a guildie has been able to determine, this will occur if you take the following steps:
    1. Complete a run of ToO (doesn't matter if it's a 1x or 5x - just complete, then leave)
    2. DO NOT talk to Nipsy the Bard after you leave the party instance.
    3. Start a new ToO run.

Once you do that, you should be unable to collect further coins.
    edited February 2019
    cdnbison said:

From what a guildie has been able to determine, this will occur if you take the following steps:
    1. Complete a run of ToO (doesn't matter if it's a 1x or 5x - just complete, then leave)
    2. DO NOT talk to Nipsy the Bard after you leave the party instance.
    3. Start a new ToO run.

Yeah that's what happened to me as I explained.
    It's a really ugly bug that will stop you getting coins of tales told and so Fabled Chapter :-(

Meli

• gorylancetgorylancet Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have that bug too =(
  • pistaaa1996pistaaa1996 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have this bug too
  • shadower75shadower75 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    1 solution: Wait until the day rolls back, double-click on the coin
    2 solution: Throw out all the coins from the inventory. Then enter the dungeon, lose all lives and wait until the system itself throws the character for the failure of the task.

2 solution: Throw out all the coins from the inventory. Then enter the dungeon, lose all lives and wait until the system itself throws the character for the failure of the task.

Thanks but it doesn't work here.

Solution is Cryptic's staff give us the artifact+tales and fabled chapter they owe to us.

Meli
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I got the bug too. For my DC after a 5 round Mad Dragon :(

https://imgur.com/lYcf26L

Maybe it was because my inventory was full. I am unsure.

Those don't work. And it is too late anyway. Event is over.
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Has anyone had a resolution to this yet? A guildmate had this problem and CS just ignored his ticket until the event is over, now they're giving him the runaround and refusing to take any action. He's understandably quite annoyed as this has basically ruined not only this run of the event, but also all future runs of it for him.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Greetings,

If you are still concerned by any issue linked to this event, please contact me and let me know your Character'sName@handle.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    percemer said:

Greetings,

If you are still concerned by any issue linked to this event, please contact me and let me know your Character'sName@handle.

Regards,

PM sent.
  • rekrad#5110 rekrad Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same here, farmed several runs and it bugged.
    In the begining I received the correct currency, and I also bought the artifact.
    After that only Coins of Tales Told to my inventory.

I also have screenshots to proof all my runs...

I would like to have some answer from cryptic staff as well...

https://imgur.com/a/NBMRhn0
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

We forwarded all issues from Tales of Old event to the dev team. Developers are now looking into it.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
This discussion has been closed.