test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you have any hopes for M16?

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    giz#2086 said:

Every mod is the same, one DPS class 4 support META is killing the game, they tried to fix it nerfing DO but you can use a Templock, HR, or CW as buff slave...but only a class is the preferred as main DPS by the community....and devs. So what's the new about this Mod 16? maybe another nerf to some class reduced to support?. Another elitist mechanic like K-team or Tales?. Another artifact set, or mount, or weapon enchantment, or mechanic that benefit a single class. I think the community is tired of this. I haven't hope because my main is reduced to a support role to be able to play end game. I play what other people expect from me, not what i built my character for. I believe that i'm not the only one that feels this unbalance and elitism.

What groups are you running with these days? The groups I run are OP Devo, GF DPS with ITF, AC DC, Templock and a Combat HR with with a few archer abilities set for debuffs/buffs or a CW running the Renegade DPS build. There is really no room at all for a pure DPS build anymore in any true 5 man groups. The only time I see a GWF or a TR in content is in CoDG or MSVA; otherwise I'm bringing along a HR or a CW for the extra buffs and due to the fact they still do really good damage.

I'm hearing all crazy kinda of things now from players such as a reduction in all stat by 50% with enchantment ranks now going up to 20 and getting us to where we are now sort of. This means major investment again by the players if that does happen. Not sure if anyone would want to refine all enchantments from where they are now up to R20.

Than I heard weapon enchantments are going to R15, again another 2 more ranks and more money for players if that is what is happening. Again players will be a bit upset by this.

I also heard LS and how it recovers our health is significantly reduced making healers a bit more important in content.

I heard that Legendary mounts are now being replaced by Mythical mounts as well with Legendary mounts becoming available in the zen market and they are going to be account bound. New artifact gear that can be ranked up to mythical as well.

In addition to all of these rumors I also heard a new role is being added, GWF can tank, SW when built as a templock they are considered healers, etc...

If all of this is happening in mod 16, they needed to do a nda to keep it hush and under control. If also this is happening I could see some players simply annoyed with the amount of changes and cost associated with keeping up on the changes that some will just walk away and move onto other things.

Hard to say at this point as I haven't seen anything come from Cryptic other than a new LB for PC players, and my speculation is 2/22 based on prior releases of the glorious LB before a new mod is launched.
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    This is the post I wrote a few hours ago, and it has been the only post I'v ever made, that didn't get posted straight away.

A post concerning changes to possible be introduced in MOD16

MOD16 Owlbear preview test server - PC

What is this I am hearing about massive game changes? Does it hold any water?

That you plan to rework classes back to being tanks, healers and dps with nothing in between. Removing paragons and changing enchantments, introducing new enchantments, removing both lifesteal and recovery as well as removing any kind of cooldown reduction. (CD's are whatever they say in their tooltip, and can't be decreased).

Only your summoned companions active bonus will count.

I don't care much about you adding a mythic mount with +6000 stats, as the game has always been rather pay to win.

I can see some of the above changes being good, if you also change every single dungeon and "raid" (never been actual raids), to match our new "strength".

I don't have any numbers, but considering that most guild recruitment messages on Xbox these days always contains the same requirement, (be active). I would think the game is bleeding players. So I agree that change is needed.

But damn how I am expecting to be WELL compensated for all the hours, Astral Diamonds and Zen spend throughout the years, if this ever goes live!

I am mostly thinking about enchantments and companions here. Because considering how much time of the endgame revolts around upgrading enchantments, and companions to legendary, I am worried we are getting hamstered over.

If only your active companions bonus will count, then all the Astral Diamonds, companion upgrade tokens and time invested into getting the correct companions for your build, will be wasted.

Just to be clear, my concerns aren't the massive changes. Players will adapt, and either like or dislike the new play-style etc. And eventually either chose to stay or leave the game.

My concerns are your plans in form of compensation, as well as what happens to existing enchantments, and how they "transfer" over.

Please either confirm or deny this, so we can start to plan accordingly.
  • jaiblevins#4974 jaiblevins Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @hustin1 said:
    > What's wrong with you people?
    > Guy above me mentioned pvp - instant reaction is 'LOL', and this is happening in almost every thread related to pvp, bunch of pve trolls want to discredit pvp feedback.
    > Back to the topic, i have little but still some hope to balance classes around pvp, pve balance is useless - simple, cause usually you go with 5 man group and every class will bring something to team - no need to balance whole group.
    >
    >
    >
    > TBH I think it's too late to salvage pvp. They have created way too many things that counteract balance. From insignias to everything in between.
    >
    > They never even bothered to add new pvp maps.....
    >
    > 10 vs 10 pvp was pretty interesting back in the day, when things were more simple.
    >
    > I always have hope about new mods. Sometimes there is backsliding, like reintroducing the Black Ice mechanic in the form of voninblood (people didn't like armor that required batteries in mod 3 either). I also think the devs have learned that dialing difficulty up to 11 and forcing players through a mind-numbing, story-less, 204-quest vigilance-laden monstrosity like Elemental Evil goes over like a lead balloon -- though, granted, we're still recovering from that blunder in the form of missing items, missing dungeons, and many missing epic dungeons. Hopefully they've also learned that introducing a level cap increase right after introducing BiS gear that requires superhero levels of grinding to acquire doesn't go over well at all -- especially after you take alts into account. People value their time and don't appreciate being made to feel as if it was wasted right afterwards.
    >
    > As for PvP, my problem isn't the PvP -- it's the PvP'ers. I don't PvP, but it's usually pretty obvious when playing PvE content when you run across a hardcore PvP'er (just what is it about wearing out your spacebar? Do you know how ridiculous that looks?) Over five years, I would say that nearly every time someone has acted in an openly callous, elitist, or condescending manner toward me or other players (e.g. sneaking in and stealing quest objectives that we are clearly fighting enemies to be able to access, speedrunning leveling dungeons while actual low-level players are struggling to keep up -- or worse, running past enemies in said dungeons so that low-level players have an even harder time clearing them -- and yes, AFK'ing through content then filling up their chat bar with "quit QQ'ing", "lolz n00b", etc.) it has always been observed to come from someone seemingly a hardcore PvP'er. Add in the countless times I've seen someone start the "lolz n00b, l2p, haha you use XYZ power" smack -- inspection of their gear and guild affiliation leads to -- wait for it -- a hardcore PvP'er 90% of the time. These have been my observations over five years.
    >
    > I don't think PvP should be removed from the game. I do, however, think the PvP and PvE cultures should be kept completely separate -- PvP, IMHO, should only exist on a separate shard. I think PvP itself simply attracts many players with a different mentality -- one that I all too often observe to be selfish, condescending, elitist, and callous. I don't know if it's common to all PvP'ers -- but I DO know that the vast, vast majority of the time, it has come from players whose gear (and especially guild affiliation) scream "hardcore PvP'er".
    >
    > There. I've kicked over the anthill. That nonetheless is my opinion on PvP in the game. I lead my guild and it is the helm of my alliance, and I have a responsibility to look out for the players within. I'm sick of seeing my members abused by a handful of malcontents.

Well said! I have been a gamer longer than most PVPers have been alive. What I have found, is PVP inspires a level of toxicity, that isn't even matched in online political debate.

A post concerning changes to possible be introduced in MOD16

MOD16 Owlbear preview test server - PC

What is this I am hearing about massive game changes? Does it hold any water?

That you plan to rework classes back to being tanks, healers and dps with nothing in between. Removing paragons and changing enchantments, introducing new enchantments, removing both lifesteal and recovery as well as removing any kind of cooldown reduction. (CD's are whatever they say in their tooltip, and can't be decreased).

Only your summoned companions active bonus will count.

I don't care much about you adding a mythic mount with +6000 stats, as the game has always been rather pay to win.

1) Reworking classes to be only 1 role and limiting our ability to play the class in an expanded capacity will upset players who invested resources into being able to play their character a bit outside of standard role and may feel slighted by the fact they went out and purchased additional loadouts just to play their character with these expanded features.

2) Enchantments - as long as the enchantment stat updates are somewhat useful it won't be bad, but this one is a wait and see what happens type of update for me.

3) Stat updates:

Recovery being removed from the game is not something I want to hear after investing quite a bit into my three primary character so they all have 24K+ recovery. I can understand toning down how recovery works but removing it does impact my character and I how I play them.

Life steal I saw as a stat that maybe adjusted and it does not surprise me about hearing it being removed from the game. No concern from my end as it will help bring about healing to NWO again. This is good news IMO.

Critical (not sure if it was chance or severity). I hear this is being adjusted. I heard two different version so I will start with severity; it is being adjusted to a base of 50% on the character vs. 75% we have today. If that is the case than Vorpal and Dread will be better enchantments come mod 16. The other rumor I have heard is crit chance will be capped at 50%. If this is the case than we will see an upswing i player using the Owlbear cub and changing their build from high crit to high power.

4) I also heard only 1 companion can provide an active bonus; this would be another slight at players who invested AD and tokens into upgrading their companions. It would also align up to using the Owlbear cub for high power builds if the crit chance is capped at 50%.

5) Mythical Mount - this has been asked for a while and it is no surprise from my view as long as players have a way to easily acquire a legendary mount such as through zen purchase or through WB.

A few things that really has me concerned; name of the server is Owlbear, crit cap at 50% and limiting our active companion to 1 would align with encouraging DPS players to use an Owlbear cub. Also, given the info above I'm not sure how I feel about these updates if they are what is to come in mod 16.
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Well remember that right now it’s all hearsay. And as always everything is subject to change until release.

Problem with this particular hearsay, it’s a massive, massive overhaul of the entire game. Not just nerfs to certain classes. This will affect everything.

And due to the general discontent with the devs due to communication, or lack there of, we have a lot of data miners, and rumors concerning this game is unfortunately often true...

I am extremely worried at the moment.

Well remember that right now it’s all hearsay. And as always everything is subject to change until release.

Problem with this particular hearsay, it’s a massive, massive overhaul of the entire game. Not just nerfs to certain classes. This will affect everything.

And due to the general discontent with the devs due to communication, or lack there of, we have a lot of data miners, and rumors concerning this game is unfortunately often true...

I am extremely worried at the moment.

There is a lot of hearsay at this point and no communication. This could be good or bad; good to keep the negative thoughts out of the communications on changes and its impact to the game so those who are testing can focus on testing. The bad is the community has created a variety of scenario that paints a variety of pictures that probably don't actually align up to the changes being made.

What I would like to see in mod 16 and what maybe delivered hopefully will be similar; that is what I'm hoping. What is being delivered has yet to be announced. Hopefully soon it does get announced with a list of all changes so I can review them and see how it impacts my characters and how much planning I need to do prior to mod 16 landing on console.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    dont hope for any talk here before mod 16 hit open preview server...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I am not allowed (because of the NDA) to reveal any information about M16, however I can say the following:

There is a lot of rumors floating around and some of those rumours are mutually contradictory. For that reason alone, it is clear that at least some of them are a complete fabrication.

I have become bored with the game in its current state. After getting all the M15 boons, I have just been logging in to collect my daily VIP key. I also resigned from an officer position in my guild, as I had pretty much lost the motivation to play. Once M16 goes live, I expect my motivation to be back, and I do not expect to be bored.

The game currently has some pretty serious issues, some of which threaten the long-term viability of the game. The developers are very much aware of those issues. Whether Mod 16 does something about any or all of those issues is something that will be revealed at some point
    Hoping for improvements...
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    What I want out of any new mod (or, really, pre-mod changes that should have been made a LONG time ago) is this:

1) Un-frak the total mess they've made out of mastercrafting. Integrate +1 items. Oh, and STOP LYING TO PLAYERS ABOUT IT. Let players customize gear stats within limits.
    2) Balance the DPS classes. This means major changes and no more nerfs to HR in particular. It means redrawing animations. It means undoing ninja nerfs. And it means allowing them to run dungeons as intended with only two support classes at most so players aren't forced into classes they don't want to play.
    3) Realistic IL gates for content. RAQ should be 13k. REQ, probably 15k (I don't really know, I find all that content boring and I don't often bother). Back before mod 6 the public queues were usually useful and putting together a raid wasn't an endurance exercise. The glaring reason for that is allowing lowbies into public queues for content they can't handle. It needs to stop if this game is going to be fun again.
    4) Actually balance pvp. This probably means removing most or all boons from pvp and rolling the code back to mod 2 within pvp just as a start. I can't disagree with that characterization of hardcore pvpers above, but the reason they're all that bad now is that the years-long neglect of balance in pvp has chased out everyone else.
    5) Take the RNG out of refining upgrades. Upgrading a character should be rewarding, not a torturous and frustrating session of wrestling with the RNG and trying not to roll one's eyes all the way out of one's head while cursing God, trying to upgrade at a 3% success rate. Just let us dump in enough pres wards to meet the supposed RNG odds and be done with it. If people still want to gamble with the RNG leave that option in.

I don't care about new content at all at this point. So much of the existing content is still buggy or just awful that I'd rather see some effort at correcting that so they can learn some lessons before designing new things that will doubtless be filled with high learning curve mechanics, tedious cut scenes and the need for 3 or 4 support classes per party.

Frankly, undoing the HP and power creep of mod 6 would be the most welcome change possible. Rescale everything back to mod 4 levels (before HP started showing up in armor stats). Nothing about having 300k HP is more more fun than having 40k HP.

• seridkalsenovseridkalsenov Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    for M16 i have little hope because of the current game atm.
    -bugs is everywhere.
    -4 support meta kill the competition between dps, remember M4 ?? where 3 dps still a thing or 4 dps run where dps can compete with each other that is the competition between dps.
    -NO MORE NERFING CLASS JUST FOR A REASON "CLASS BALANCING" buff the class that is way too weak instead NERFING it.
    - readjust ilvl for RAQ and REQ. for RAQ is better at 13 or14k at REQ better at 15 or 16k. those 2 random aren't easy for player that still new to the game or low geared. they often get 1 shot b4 even land a single hit.
    - Hardcore mode + minimum ilvl same reward ?? WHAT ??? really ??? can you just add old transmute to the chest so player that doing Kteam dungeon get something good something that is worth why we doing hardcore dungeon ?
    - add a fail stacks on upgrading, increasing the chance to upgrade upon failing so upgrading won't be too much RNG based. 10% chance yeah 50 wards or more or sometimes not even 1 wards :astonished:
    - allow profession to be accessible everywhere, having to go to workshop just to do profession is just a downgrade from old profession window where we can access it everywhere.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    What ya people seem to want isn't removing power creep, but making all classes at all item levels feel exactly the same and that would be boring as hell
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    As long as you all blame the devs j stead of the producers, nothing will change. Devs dont set the path they travel, they just go and do what they are told to do by the producers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    People wanted content, not overhauls. Overhauls with no content is still no content and no reason for people to feel like sticking around.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    @gholuz66 this game has huge content - just take a look on the map. Thing is that most of that content is
    even skipable during leveling up (if you do all you cand to for max XP or gona do it with 2xexp event) and not to come back ever again. Same with dungeons. I have no reason to go low tier ones untill I need to help a new guildie as thare is literraly nothing for me. Heck small chance for a new recipe for craft or ingredient and that would work. Some hunts scattered randomly - but really randomly on leveling maps (you know - few random bosses having few random maps/spawn points with random but long enaugh timers to be really chalenging to find them and kill them before other player will find it.... just idea)

And due to game meta/mechanic/power creep even latest dungeons are kinda meh - sure you need to go few times but onece you got your seals etc its not worthy any more.

If my guildies try to find fun in ideas like lets do CR run with no DCs and OP or lets do MS in pair DC&SW its definietly something wrong here. Heh last night some1 asked what would happened if just one of us would left on Strahd - if last one would have been taken down (we call it basement) - no1 knows the answer so we gona try to find out. But that is what bored peoples do.
    adinosii said:

I am not allowed (because of the NDA) to reveal any information about M16, however I can say the following:

There is a lot of rumors floating around and some of those rumours are mutually contradictory. For that reason alone, it is clear that at least some of them are a complete fabrication.

I have become bored with the game in its current state. After getting all the M15 boons, I have just been logging in to collect my daily VIP key. I also resigned from an officer position in my guild, as I had pretty much lost the motivation to play. Once M16 goes live, I expect my motivation to be back, and I do not expect to be bored.

The game currently has some pretty serious issues, some of which threaten the long-term viability of the game. The developers are very much aware of those issues. Whether Mod 16 does something about any or all of those issues is something that will be revealed at some point

Hopefully the changes are not so significant that the game see a mass exodus of players who feel slighted by the changes that have impacted their characters. I know from my group of friends that if recovery is removed or if we are pigeon holed into a specific role for some of our characters many will call it quits. Hopefully the tester that are testing didn't let this happen or at least voiced some concerns of such changes if those changes even happened.

I hope to see the changes soon to see what is changing in the game to get an idea on what I need to change on my characters if anything.

The only thing I do know is mod 16 will bring about artifacts along with new artifact waist and neck that will more than likely become BiS for quite a few builds. Other than that every other change is just speculation at this point by the community; unless you are testing them under a NDA.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    i think we should wait, see, test and then decide. im prolly skipping the mod anyway cos of college but i still have some hope, everything i've heard have all been rumours and nothing that goes on preview is definite. i wouldn't mind them taking some time just to fix some of the ridiculous amount of bugs currently ingame, that would be an improvement. they already worked on class balance in mod15, almost every class has a role to play, im ok for now.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    I think changes are welcome at this state of the game. We need fresh things, not important if we have to do a rework on character, better a big rework than be bored.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    the yawning portal seems pretty big, and my hopes are up as long as I don't have to grind things out that I already had in the previous mods.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Now, pretty much everyone interpretes the Yawning Portal teaser as an indication that Undermountain features in mod 16 in some way.

I am not going to confirm (or deny) that of course, but I am curious.

1) Did you expect this?

2) How has this affected your expectations towards M16.?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Everything has been pointing on anything waterdeep related for a while but Im not sure if there is enough time developers and players have before releasing it, my guess is another shortened Chult-like campaign (which means short and weak on story as Barovia and AI are right now). Still, content is important for most of new players and while its nice to have new endgame (preview got free empty campaign slot under barovia) but my and I guess not only mine concern is new "balancing" that is most likely getting inevitably closer...
    After last "balancing" regarding classes and economy my expectations are something like: its for the best to grind certain dungeons/trials as long as meta somehow allows me to run it, and attempt to prepare for the worst.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I sort of expected it to be at something to do with Undermountain/Waterdeep. What with all the Lord Neverember stuff in the last few mods, even going all the way back to Cloaked Ascendency. Hopefully we will finally be able to have a use for the promissory note we got all the way back in the River District.
  • mike31584mike31584 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    best advice is keep your hope and expectations low, there have been to many mods where people hyped stuff up and it was all a big let down. the best we can all hope for is that they dont break anything, remove any more dungeons, or leave in an exploit that everyone uses again. and given the state of mod 15 at most im expecting is tavern with a well in it and not much more, since mod 15 gave us a room with 2 guys that tell dumb stories and jokes that resulted in me playing on mute since I cant stand the sound of them talking and not much else.
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    adinosii said:

Now, pretty much everyone interpretes the Yawning Portal teaser as an indication that Undermountain features in mod 16 in some way.

1) Did you expect this?

Adinosii Auld Bean,

Yawning Portal is also the Tavern where the Hordes Of The Underdark module/video game kicked off, I believe.

That video game played like 3 distinct stories.. Surviving Halacaster's(sp?) maze, helping a friendly drow faction against the Valsharess, and lastly fighting you way from Sigil (?) back to the material plane to defeat the demon that put you on the path to damnation in the first place.

Spent a lot of hours playing that one over and over... and still could not figure out the puzzle of the sleeping man. Did get Aribeth from original Neverwinter into professing her love for me, so there is that.

Anywho... Yawning Portal leads to a myriad of destinations, with Undermountain being only one possibility.

B)
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Thanks for THIS statement! I am a bit bored now,too, but i do not expect this to last.
    adinosii said:

1) Did you expect this?

1. Yes.

2. I expect a lengthy dungeon crawl now. The campaign is probably structured in a way that you get access to one or two dungeon levels for every campaign progress with a trial/epic dungeon at the end (probably a trial, the devs confirmed new weapons in a Q&A and i think @thefabricant pointet out a bit ago, that every new weapon tier always came with a new trial). If they continue with Undermountain in a future modul, this should make it easyier to expand this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    No new class. Perfect. Thx
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    adinosii said:

1) Did you expect this?

1) LOL

I was pretty much obvious for any1 playing this game more then 3 months.
    If not in game hints left by devs pretty much since River District mode, then any1 keeping aye on WoTC releases would guess that.

And since 5th D&D edition hit the market support products need to follow - this game included.
    Besides there is no Waterdeep without Undermountain and vice versa.
    And lets not forget that Mad Mage lair is in fact a place when you can set up almost all kind of stories - its massive dungeon hub - devs have infinite options of developing this in any way they desire.

2) If you think that players expectations are combined with any specific part of D&D lore then you must be new here (joking here, but not much). Any1 playing this game asked what he would like to see next would gave you a different answer as D&D lore is huge, simple as that. Sure some parts of it are more popular then other but thats not important when you take personal preferences into consideration.

So, it could be Baldur's Gate instead of Waterdeep and it would be fine as well.

But as you can see in this thread wih MOD 16 players expect lot of changes withing game machanic/classes/bug fixes and so on. Thats what is really expected.

Sure new maps/dungeons/campaigns are welcome - those always are, BUT I belive that current state of the game with all its issues would simply spoil any new content put into this game
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    > @hxeny said:
    > no more hopes for mod16 or nw, since we see with tales of old how developers just changed event to a stupid pay to win for a small group of elites too, this show how worst neverwinter become with this developer team... maybe when module 16 fail cryptic will be forced to layoff some and game change this necro road to dead.

For the 1st time theyre making something fun for endgame players and then ya whine about that. Gg
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Im afraid you are failing to see the difference between new endgame content and encouraging players into 4 support meta runs this developer team HAS BEEN ACTUALY FIGHTING AGAINST for a while and in order to do that even nerfed one DC path. Now, we are getting event that was supposed to be new hope for line of events that were lately rather... unpopular, however tales of old, instead of fighting this reputation... joined exactly these events as it will be remembered for lot of players (even endgame ones) with rather unfitting mark "elitist" simply because it supports, by a lot of people actualy used but hated, meta. Of course content can be completed without that but this makes circle of people who can actualy run whole event content even smaller due time and death cap with increasing "levels" of difficulty.
    That is, @gromovnipljesak#8234 the thing, I believe that people are complaining about.