test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old feedback.

emuriannemuriann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Ok so let me outline what I experienced so far.

-I play a 18.2k OP myself.
-I formed 17k IL groups at minimum with a good composition
-Average run duration 20 min (assuming group is looting the chests yadayada)

We can farm 45 of the Coins every day, 45 x 20 min = 15 hours.
45 x 7 days to grind = 275 maximum currency you can grind in the event.

We need 135 coins to get One tale of old, you need TWO tales to get one artifact, aka you need 270 out of 275 coins to get your artifact.
That also assumes 7 x 15 = 105 hours to grind.(assuming you don't need sleep, eat, work, kids, whatever)

Now the next problem, every group I had so far had someone that had to leave after the first run. This is seriously problematic as we are not able to ''request for reinforcements'' thus the party is forced to give up at this point.

Another problem, this stuff binds to character on pickup, so you can NOT farm this for an alt. It forces you to participate with your main, which most likely around 16k+ IL alrdy has top notch gear.

Who of you developers did the math behind all this?

Now here is what I am fearing MOST. Lets say this event is launched 4x a year (cant say cuz next one is not shown on the calender) Now after a YEAR you MIGHT be able to get the artifacts. Then mod X comes out, and some random mod artifact will outweigh this artifact statwise.

What guarantee is there that in the future there won't be a easy artifact coming out that makes this stuff obsolete? Can cryptic confirm they will boost the item similar to what happened to the MW III items? Or is it just crossing your fingers it wont happen?

The hype quickly turned into a sour mood in our alliance chat after we confirmed average run times, experiences and number crunching what we actually are expected to do to get these items. I don't mind grinding, but this is going beyond realistic.

Also don't come with the argument: This is an event that people should participate multiple times in to finish their item, cuz if that's the case you should let it occur more often then 1x every 3 months. (and indicate the next one on the calendar right away instead of letting us be in the dark, is this 1x 3 months? 6? yearly event? It still doesn't take away the unrealistic amount of hours required to unlock this stuff nor does it change the biggest fear of mine that I pointed out above.

Comments

• patruciuspatrucius Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, the amount of effort required to get a single coin is truly insane when we need 135 for a single fabled chapter. Runs should give an absolute minimum of 5 coins and 15 coins/run seems like a much more reasonable number.
    Post edited by patrucius on
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    If i remember correctly (from the last livestream):

- The next Tales of Old will be at the start of april (when console gets the first tales event), so it will only be 2 months between the two.

- You will get the 45 coins/day when you run the thing 5 times at once.

@nitocris83 , can you confirm that here, please?

My feedback: We ran the event on preview without a DC, we had an 13.5k OP, 17k HR DPS/MoF/Templock and a 15.5k Templock, all without guild boons and it was smooth sailing all the way. We had to stop after the 4. run (one player needed to go), but we had more than 30 Minutes and 7/8 lives left, so i think this would have gone well in the 5. run too. Especially on live with the guild boons. The lag atm is very bad, we were unable to finish it once. I hope something is done about the performance in the next days, so we can all enjoy the event.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Did a couple of runs with high level parties, lag was insane but that was to be expected I guess, had fun, nice to see old dungeon back.

Worst monsters were the mimics lol. Does seem to be a long grind for the set but tbh, since I just bought the materwork set, I'm kinda happy I won't be getting the new one anytime soon.

Great to see new events.

Pro-tip: engage mobs, stay still, spam every aoe you have repeatedly until lag stops, hope everything except you died.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • phoeniraphoenira Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    On preview server you got 32 coins if you complete all 5 rounds . so you need more than one time 5 rounds, you need at least a second time with 4 rounds to get to the cap.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    The major complain I heard was lag.

Personally I tried just 3 times (succesfully finished once). The biggest problem really was the lag - as you have no idea where you actually stand, where are the monsters (and not to mention the red areas). I was not in that well geared groups like others so we died a lot due to that.
    Next issue is that every run we lost a member (disconnect) before we even met the second boss. And that is an issue - you cannot fill the slot. If it would be a rule and every run through you lost one member, not even the last member of original party can finish it for the 5th time in row. =)

I think it is pointless to worry about prices and currency reward ratio as the event is destroyed by technical difficulties.
  • kitismi#3031 kitismi Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Most feedbacks talk about their experiences actually doing it. Although I have the iLvl to do it, I will be passing, and am completely disenchanted by the whole event.

According to the event info page here, it's advertised that the event is available to lvls 15+. Please tell me how a lvl 15 is able to get 16k iLvl?? And like the OP stated, since you MUST go in with a pre-made group, if someone has to leave, you can't queue for a replacement, and are forced to give up.

Seriously, who came up with this HAMSTER?? Someone in /zone chat earlier actually said that lower lvls and iLvls have lots of content they can enjoy, and that this event is only for those that don't have anything left to do. Actually, someone in my guild said that as well. Seriously? This event has brought the elitist a**holes out of their closets and corners.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    They really should have added it to the queue so we could pug it. Instead what I'm seeing is gobs of players standing around advertising in /lfg trying to get in a group and largely being unsuccessful. Unless you have the perfect build and sky-high IL, plan to be standing around most of the time. Elitism rules the day.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • lordwinoslordwinos Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Another Neverwinter piece of (you know what) Can't solo----need a group---better have friends you play with or your shafted.
    Neverwinter has NEVER been SOLO Friendly and from the looks of it NEVER WILL BE seems to me you either spend a LOT of money solo and hope you can do something that won't ONE SHOT you no matter your GS
    Thanks AGAIN for NOTHING PWE
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    phoenira said:

On preview server you got 32 coins if you complete all 5 rounds . so you need more than one time 5 rounds, you need at least a second time with 4 rounds to get to the cap.

I just completed 5 runs and indeed received only 32 coins. I was sure i would get 45 coins for going all levels of challenge.

Isn't that a bug? Or 32 is the normal number for all 5 difficulty levels?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    BUG: when you choose to continue, you cannot interact with many of the chests on runs with increased difficulty.
    BUG: The shiny coin enchantment says "+180 Movement and +10 RewardModifier" in the tooltip for the Utility slot.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    I was online for about 2 hours spamming for a group with my 18.2k DC. No full groups were formed. Seems like most people are giving this a miss ...
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    And again: BoP(not BoA) rewards, wrong(incomplete) tooltips, lag everywhere(have you ever tested it?), grinding hell.
    Pass.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    really bad lag
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @lordwinos said:
    > Another Neverwinter piece of (you know what) Can't solo----need a group---better have friends you play with or your shafted.
    > Neverwinter has NEVER been SOLO Friendly and from the looks of it NEVER WILL BE seems to me you either spend a LOT of money solo and hope you can do something that won't ONE SHOT you no matter your GS
    > Thanks AGAIN for NOTHING PWE

WTH are you talking about. Aside from endgame dungeons/raids, everything is soloable!

From 1-70...soloable. Every campaign, soloable. Almost every weekly, soloable. Quit whining like a little have-not, learn to play and go solo. Yes, even Master Demo can be solo’d. Show some patience, learn your class, learn the content.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Do these seasonal artifacts have a set bonus? Does anyone know what it is or is it like the last event where it is a magical mystery? Like others have stated, why should I waste my time LFG, thanking my lucky starts to be accepted in said group, run the content multiple times and at the end of said grind - find out the set bonus is garbage or worse, nothing? What incentives are there (other than the accolade) do I get out of this grindfest? Devs, we have strongholds we grind for, weeklies we grind for, dungeons we run daily, and lives to live. Why didn't you guys just bring it back like a normal (upgraded) epic dungeon and let folks run it to their hearts content? Either in a pre-made or in a normal PUG? When we said we wanted the missing dungeons back, this isn't what we had in mind.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Why is the fashion char bound? So you can't buy em, and gotta pray to Jesus that these garbage gamble boxes give em?
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    > @hxeny said:
    > neverwinter has become extremely PAY TO WIN in event too now is just event only for ELITE, congratulations another nail in the coffin

> @r000kie said:
    > Super grindy and super elitist. Will pass completely.

Can u both explain to me how this is elitist or in any way P2W?
    -U cant buy stuff for the event with Money.
    -The Dungeon itself is super easy (easier then all T3 dungeons)

The Lag isnt smth that "Elite" players dont have.

Have we really come so far that every Event that is not a level 15 CTA is considered to hard?

Stop spreading that BS
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    In terms of feedback, here's mine:

Good things:
    - The event is cool and interesting. A dungeon from the past that I never played (began post-Mod 6), and that veteran players probably are please to go through again.
    - The progressive difficulty is quite on point. The first 2 runs are quite easy to do for every team (no consumables then no artifact). The last 3 runs will add some serious constraints for a non-specialized team, even though it should be manageable by paying attention. The 50% less power and defense, combined with the at-will malus and the doubled encounter cooldown seems to be really okay in terms of difficulty level.
    - There's new stuff on the store, I'll love the Mini Chartilifax if I can get my hands on it (4 chests no luck for now). The new artifact seems interesting, I'm just afraid the SSC/WoE will just remain BIS for a dps.

Bad things:
    - The uber-lag. But it's not always present, that's the strange thing. We got uber-lag in our 1st and 3rd chapter, but our 2nd and 5th chapters were (almost) fluid. But yeah lag is definitely the ennemy here.
    - The grind needed. I like the grind, I really do. BUT a 5-chapters run is about 2h, for 32 coins. You need 135 coins for a fable thingy. And you need 4 fables to get both the necklace and belt. That's quite insane in such a limited amount of time. I love grinding, but lots of people's schedule doesn't allow 2h run every day in this kind of event...
    - Few bugs: The timer definitely is bugged. Majority of chests can't be interacted with after the 1st run.
    - You don't get any AD from the dungeon. A Tales of Old run (2h) will replace my daily routine for 6 days so I won't get any AD during this period. (rAD I mean). And after a 5-chapter run, the only thing I want is to logout and take a break... So would have been nice to get some rAD on the chests also.

Ugly things:
    - Disconnected players. THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM. People seem to have reported that on preview, and it's the same problem as Barovia hunts. THIS IS GAME BREAKING. In our first 1-chapter run, a dps disconnected. Well, okay he lost 20 minutes of progression, bad thing but no really big of a deal. In our 5-chapters run, we lost our DC at mid-tiers 4. HE LOST 1H30 TO GET NOTHING AT ALL, for problems that aren't even on his side. FIX THIS. In Barovia, you lost the 5 min of doing the hunt, and the AD for the poster. Here you can lose up to 2 hours if you disconnect during the final chapter 5 Chartilifax fight...
    - You can't queue for it. How do you expect fresh lvl 70 to do the content, at least try the 1st run, when you don't allow queue for it? Yeah, some players will probably queue and end up in a chapter 5, but so what. Some people queue today and get at Drufi/Ras Nsi already. This is quite disappointing.
    - The lag, again.

TL:DR, a nice addition to the game, interesting content and difficulty progression. Too much grind needed in a too short period of time. The lag is insane. You can't queue for it and that's bad. Disconnected players lost their time for nothing, and that's not even bad. That's ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

agilesto said:

- You can't queue for it. How do you expect fresh lvl 70 to do the content, at least try the 1st run, when you don't allow queue for it? Yeah, some players will probably queue and end up in a chapter 5, but so what.

I definitely would not fancy doing this with newer players.

If this was put in the queue then there would be even more moans than now, especially if you were getting the abandon penalty when some trio of 2k item level alts/scrubs wanted you to carry them.
    Do a one chapter with new players is nothing to be afraid of. You don't need an elite BiS team to complete the first 2 chapters, far from it... But the queue will allow a lot more people to get in. Sure you'll have people complaining, but you always have people complaining. At least with the queue, some people would be able to complete it. Not 100% success maybe, but still, more people being able to do it.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Make it minimum item level of whatever and Add to the queue system

I suggest players boycott this until its added to the queue system such as the CTA events
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    agilesto said:

agilesto said:

- You can't queue for it. How do you expect fresh lvl 70 to do the content, at least try the 1st run, when you don't allow queue for it? Yeah, some players will probably queue and end up in a chapter 5, but so what.

I definitely would not fancy doing this with newer players.

If this was put in the queue then there would be even more moans than now, especially if you were getting the abandon penalty when some trio of 2k item level alts/scrubs wanted you to carry them.
    Do a one chapter with new players is nothing to be afraid of. You don't need an elite BiS team to complete the first 2 chapters, far from it... But the queue will allow a lot more people to get in. Sure you'll have people complaining, but you always have people complaining. At least with the queue, some people would be able to complete it. Not 100% success maybe, but still, more people being able to do it.
    So much truth here - add to queue
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    hxeny said:

neverwinter has become extremely PAY TO WIN in event too now is just event only for ELITE, congratulations another nail in the coffin

Well.... nope. Few of my wallet warriors friends couldnt buy a lag bypass.
    I guess one even wrote a ticket asking how much he needs to pay to get a lag free attempt for a event dungeon.
    And was shocked with the answer - its not P2W game so such services are not yet avilable.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

Have we really come so far that every Event that is not a level 15 CTA is considered to hard?

Yes, unfortunatly yes.

Game was already so super easy and not demanding at all, that now anything demanding in skill/time/proper class build/gear is considered a elitist content or a torture for most players and a general call for spending money.

Maybe its just me, but I noticed for some time now that in general people/players are more and more demanding. They want to have best things/gear/items etc. without any effort. Any price asked for anything is always to high. They dont want to earn something just to get something, and it ends up like this.