test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Neverwinter doesn't give content to SOLO players

dblu#7318 dblu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Yet another group type event that gives the best gear and new content..Tales o The Old... can't Neverwinter make best gear availablee to dolo players?

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Kinda "massively multiplayer online game" should give a clue as to why.

Just spam zone chat in PE, or the pve channels. Who knows, you might make some friends.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Because this game is created for multiple players market and they do not even provide enough content to satisfy that market.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Could have at least made a solo queue to pug it. Rather than wishing for friends to rain from the cosmos, or sitting around starving to death waiting for people grouping.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    They are listening to wrong people this even makes it so majority of players cant participate. No one want to spend 4+ hours in same dungeon (granted repeatedly) that is what happens with low il players

Yet another failed event
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    cause its an mmo. It needs more raids and hard T3 dungeons.
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User

Because this game is created for multiple players market and they do not even provide enough content to satisfy that market.

LOL that game blows
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Actually the best MMOs have content that is good to solo also. There are a surprising number of people who for various reasons like the social aspect of guilds and chat, but actually play mainly solo for reasons of childcare or bad connection. I play mainly solo because the group content is buggy as hell for me, I have IL well capable of doing close to endgame stuff, but my experience of endgame is getting one shotted before the red circle that did it has appeared on my screen so it's not much fun. I also enjoy crafting for guildies.

Admittedly for soloing you don't need the best gear.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    When given a nail, a screw, a hammer, and a screw driver, most will expect to use the hammer on the nail and the screwdriver on the screw. Not ask for nails that can be screwed.

From the end:

I'm playing single player games as time permits, and with all due respect to Neverwinter, all of them are better. Better story, better immersion, better voice, better visuals, more depth, etc.. not all better at everything at the same time, but usually one can pick a good list of 'better'. So why would a player who solo playes, will want a worse experience when there is a better one available, and at the same time try to bring the main strength of an MMO down, just to get a grade C single player game?

Forced? No one forces anyone anywhere, everything, grouping included, has advantages and has headaches. Unfortunately, or probably fortunately, team work brings results. Otherwise human civilization wouldn't exist. Those that group and overcome the headaches, have the advantages of those that do not. Why there is a complaint that the best gear takes teamwork to get?

Diablo - I'll assume we are not talking about diablo 1 here, which was quite fun in co-op over a modem. In any case, when someone logins to that public, large instances 'diablo' MMO , do they expect to not meet anyone? Interact? God forbid group up? What type of instance such player will open?

I know it is a surprise, but single player games also have very active forums / reddit / etc (much more active than here in many cases), so if someone consider their social interaction in an MMO as posting on forums, it is actually not that.
    What is the difference between an NPC and another player if one doesn't interact with them? What will be that "being around people" ?

Interesting to note that Massive Coalition of Solo Players, or Massive Number of Independent Players Online, will also need a different acronym than MMO.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    People solo multiplayer content all the time: bosses, challenges, dungeons, whatever - so long as the game permits it. Making something soloable doesn't mean changing the content. The highest value gear shouldn't be locked behind a group effort. It should be locked behind the most difficult content, and I don't see any particularly good reason why anyone shouldn't be allowed to attempt that.

I think it's hilarious that some of you deride people so for playing multiplayer content on their own, when you're the ones who go off and make loadouts with obscenely high movement so you can hop into queues and leave everyone else in your dust. That's solo play - or at the very least, highly antisocial.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    No one is stopping anyone from attempting Tales of Old solo.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited February 2019

People solo multiplayer content all the time: bosses, challenges, dungeons, whatever - so long as the game permits it. Making something soloable doesn't mean changing the content. The highest value gear shouldn't be locked behind a group effort. It should be locked behind the most difficult content, and I don't see any particularly good reason why anyone shouldn't be allowed to attempt that.

I think it's hilarious that some of you deride people so for playing multiplayer content on their own, when you're the ones who go off and make loadouts with obscenely high movement so you can hop into queues and leave everyone else in your dust. That's solo play - or at the very least, highly antisocial.

huh... And who here has obscenely high movement to leave everyone else in the dust?

You are free to attempt it, but this was not the request, as it is extremely unlikely you will succeed.
    hfleet said:

I play this game mostly Solo. I have a few friends that play, we are in a Guild together, but hardly every are on-line at the same time (mostly very different schedules.)

I love this game. The "Massively Online" part that I enjoy is: Making items in Professions and selling my hard work in the AH market.

I don't like queuing with random people (and many bots) to do Skirmish or Dungeon runs. I like to see an environment, explore the hidden stuff the developers put there (they worked hard on this content.) I hate "speed runners" - wanting to just run-run-run through content for loot-loot-loot... That's not "playing" a game, that's a job (loot, sell, upgrade. fast-fast-fast...)

I love the Storyline and Story Missions. Finding out what is happening in a new Zone. Experiencing the immersion into a World not my own.

I'd like to be rewarded for the time I invest in a game. Please give AD and Gear to us Solo players. We are part of this game too!

I'm sorry to say, but this is exactly 1 to 1, the description of a single player game. There is no difference to selling stuff on the AH for some currency you can buy stuff for, or in other games selling it to NPC and get a currency you can buy stuff for.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

In short you want soloing the game and get same good gear other players can get only with combined effort of 5 or even 10 of them working together?

I doubt it even cross your mind that if that was the case no1 would even think about creating any party and grouping for anything?

What would be your next demand? Legendary mounts dropping from mobs or something?

And last but not least - no one is forbiding you to create a private 1 man party and join most of the content latest event included.

Furthermore - you complain about high movement builds, but it simply means that you actually do join queues and content with other players otherwie you wouldnt know that happening. And then again who forbids you to make similar build?
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Add it to the Queue system and make everyone happy. I would rather PUG this than wait around to be added to a group.

I tried last night three or four times to get invited to a group and failed.

Admittedly I didnt try that hard.

Solution - ADD it to the Queue system :)
    edited February 2019

Just because you have a preference for how the game should be played doesn't mean that preference should be imposed on all other players of the game.

You are 100% correct here, the devs decide how the game should be structured, so why is that people here try to impose and change the structure for their Solo preferences ?

There are multiple types of players investing time in Neverwinter. Not everyone plays it for the MMO experience. Those who choose to play solo, or prefer PUGs to premades, shouldn't be penalized for their preferred style of game play.

You can 'play' the game just to watch the loading screen. It doesn't concern me or anyone else, but as you yourself say, it's an MMO, and as such it has "MMO experience", If you play for something else you should know in advance that you are not the primary target audience of the game.

I'd prefer that the same dungeon be offered in an alternate, non-BIS/16k requirement format. Make the rewards lower - just some seals of the Brave and the normal loot drop RNG - offer no currency for the new event, and allow for PUGs, available as a Random Intermediate or Advanced dungeon Queue.

Ok? And what it has to do with the thread? The OP and several others request was for BiS gear to be available for Solo players (Which is, or close enough, actually mostly does, with seals available from HEs and Hunts)

This wouldn't impact the BIS elites, and it would provide the non-elite players something to enjoy.

No problem, but then the other way should be available too no? All the 'simpler' content should have a more difficult, team oriented version with the proper rewards. Bank Heist for example.. Or the whole mod 15..

And on the other hand, if all content available for everyone, what is the point to keep playing the game except for that one run to look around ? If everyone can see every dungeon on easy mode, why would most players will ever do the more difficult version?

And if the underlying intent is for the devs to provide non-elite players motivation to invest more time/$$$ to become elite...you are wasting your time and frustrating the very players you are attempting to motivate/manipulate.

Hmm... I don't know about motivation or $$$, but looking at the notion of this paragraph I'm willing to sell you fabulous tin-foil triangle hats, mint condition, great quality, very affordable rates!
    Discounts for mass orders!
    gripnir78 said:

In short you want soloing the game and get same good gear other players can get only with combined effort of 5 or even 10 of them working together?

Uh....no? Did you actually read my post? Or are you just using it as a springboard to say what's on your mind regardless of what I actually wrote?

That's like me doing this with yours:
    gripnir78 said:

I doubt it even cross your mind that if that was the case no1 would even think about creating any party and grouping for anything?

What would be your next demand? Legendary mounts dropping from mobs or something?

And last but not least - no one is forbiding you to create a private 1 man party and join most of the content latest event included.

Furthermore - you complain about high movement builds, but it simply means that you actually do join queues and content with other players otherwie you wouldnt know that happening. And then again who forbids you to make similar build?

In short you would prefer fries to a kale and cabbage smoothie, and you're wondering if you can get some good shots of Mercury even though it's rising so late in the morning, even though you know you really can't.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User

gripnir78 said:

Uh....no? Did you actually read my post? Or are you just using it as a springboard to say what's on your mind regardless of what I actually wrote?

It may not be what you were trying to say but that is exactly what it came across as. You stated

"Making something soloable doesn't mean changing the content. The highest value gear shouldn't be locked behind a group effort. It should be locked behind the most difficult content, and I don't see any particularly good reason why anyone shouldn't be allowed to attempt that."

Naturally group content is going to be more difficult than solo content hence the difference between a dungeon and a regular mission at comparative levels. So infact it is already locked behind the most difficult content (relatively). To make it soloable than you would by definition have to change the content to make the difficulty level equal to a solo instance, which brings up the point Gripnir78 was making. If you are so overpowered as to run CODG solo and actually complete it than more power too you.
    edited February 2019
    Again I'm going from Point A and stopping at point A, and you're trying to get to Z. That's your thought journey. Not mine.

I didn't say anything about solo content. I simply pointed out that mmos have a long history of allowing players to attempt to solo the exact same content for the exact same rewards, and I don't see how that's stupid, weird, or hurting anyone.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Again I'm going from Point A and stopping at point A, and you're trying to get to Z. That's your thought journey. Not mine.

I didn't say anything about solo content. I simply pointed out that mmos have a long history of allowing players to attempt to solo the exact same content for the exact same rewards, and I don't see how that's stupid, weird, or hurting anyone.

I also don't see anything wrong with that neither. We could solo 'enter' various dungeons. Hence, it is not a new idea.

I often do that too. Not because I am powerful or anything. I am not. It is more on I want to take a peek to understand the new dungeon, take the time to watch the cut scene, explore the dungeon without wasting other people's time. That does not mean I could finish it successfully although sometime I can.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited February 2019
    I don't see anyone saying anything against anyone trying to do group content on their own. On the contrary, the game shuldn't force any specific group number (or IMO combination at all).

But allowing for any number of players or class combinations doesn't mean it should be re-designed to allow a single players to succeed. With a group content designed for some specific number of players or combination of roles should put the additional effort to succeed on those that deviate from the design, and not the other way.

The thread requests not that the content will be available for solo players, but for the best gear. This is not the same thing.
    And as was pointed out, by the nature of teamwork, usually the same level of content aimed at teams will be more difficult for a single player, hence making the best gear available without teamwork must adjust the content to be easier in terms of gameplay (for groups) or must be via other means, for example P2W (Cash shops of various kinds) or crafting, etc..

Whatever way will exist or not, it can't be just easier content for the same "best gear", making so will invalidate any harder content. The cost in time must be similar for a balanced game. Hence you have the entry cost of MW, which is undeniably both the best gear and available to solo players.

I do not believe anyone want the gear directly available at the cash shop. The usual and previous solution was to make it unbound, so those that want, as someone put it "farm farm farm" and those that do not want to, will trade.

At the same time people thinking that every "best gear" will be available in all forms and ways for every content and event added.. I would guess that their expectations out of an MMO are not even close realistic.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
    edited February 2019
    Again the point of contention is:

Making something soloable doesn't mean changing the content. The highest value gear shouldn't be locked behind a group effort. It should be locked behind the most difficult content

Difficult content is the group content.

You contradict yourself, or you on purpose try to avoid the simple fact that everything that a single person does can be done at least equally or easier by a group, hence like you yourself requested the highest value gear is indeed locked behind the more difficult content which is group contet.

Or ofc, please do suggest what solo content your refer to that will be more difficult.

, and I don't see any particularly good reason why anyone shouldn't be allowed to attempt that.

You are free to try most, and if not you should be allowed. I don't see you soloing CR, Craddle or whatever, but the gates shouldn't be barred in front of any brave enough to try.

Still waiting to know what that part is about.