test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of old Super insane lag issues :(

wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
it seems Tales of old has Super insane lag issues :(

Is everyone else seeing these network performance problems?

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Just tried it, its super crazy lag! Its nearly impossible, we gave up at first boss, people couldnt see reds.

Just beyond insane..
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    We went from smashing everything to bouncing around the screen 4-5 times in the dungeon... Unlucky for us it happened once with a mimic so like 5-6 deaths and on the dragon... So failure... everyone at the same time was typing "lag" "rubberbanding" in chat.
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Buy boo a energy drink please

the lag makes it unplayable
  • lowck3lowck3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    If someone get a disconnect, He comes back to the pe and cant rejoin. Pls fix it
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    cryptic doesnt care they only care to say: we have x poeple online doing the event.
    edited February 2019

devs aren't saying anything in forums must be on lunch :(
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    on 3rd run at second boss we got full party wipped because of rubberbanding, and for the amazing thing if you fail no coins for anyone at all not even for 2x successfull run previously. Please get more servers rented for this kind of event playerbase was looking forward for this event and once again it is a disspaointment provided by the team.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    The lag is so insane that most people don't even want to get past tiers 1, and combined with the fact that disconnected people can't get back in, that's a disaster.
    The event seems really nice, but the uber-lag makes it a nightmare.

Please, please do something, and extend the duration of the event afterwards, 'cause right now it's unplayable.
    Dont even know if Im going to bother.. it appears its yet another super grind fest.. I dont understand why they think any enjoys quite as many runs as they think we should do.

Whatever..

Im tired of their coding, of their planning and their overall quality .. its barely worth thinking about any of these things.. i will just log in, farm some AD, and log off..

The game is being managed very poorly of late.

• baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Ran it this morning - lag was awful. We managed to make it through, but stopped at the 1st difficulty, just too laggy to be playable properly.
    D7I8t.jpg
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • groo111groo111 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Well this is bout worst start for an event for me . 1. super insane lag 2.Still having bad connection issues and alot of DCing . and get this if u dc in this even ur not kicked from the party u are in PE with no possiblity to rejoin group even if they complete current tier. 5 trys been to tier 2 twice all ended due to my disconnects and no its not on my end.
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Lagfestival, /netgraph shows normal 150-180 for me in EU, but now it shows around 300-1600 (more 500+).
    Its nearly unplayable and if someone had disconnect he cant join team anymore.
    do something against those heavy lags and extend event or give free loot to everyone tried the event.
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    yep other mess up event this is like the 5th one in a row now, the event is unplayable, the severs are overloaded for sure.

• dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Tried this with my guild, took over an hour to do 2 runs because of insane lag freezing us and fouling up power activation. Finally had to give up as a critical member disconnected and was booted out. It's infuriating that this is still an issue despite garnering tons of complaints from Barovia hunts and being reported for this event while it was on preview.
    groo111 said:

Well this is bout worst start for an event for me . 1. super insane lag 2.Still having bad connection issues and alot of DCing . and get this if u dc in this even ur not kicked from the party u are in PE with no possiblity to rejoin group even if they complete current tier. 5 trys been to tier 2 twice all ended due to my disconnects and no its not on my end.

See omg.. you got groo to even post!

Shows you how bad it really is!
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    In addition to the super-rough lag: Any player who is disconnected is kicked out of the dungeon and can't rejoin, and any player who leaves after a round ends the event for everyone else even if they want to proceed: there's no way to replace a player partway through like you can in every other dungeon run.

So while I got to experience Mad Dragon again for the first time in years and that was super-cool, I gotta say the event needs a little tuning.
    Any player who is disconnected is kicked out of the dungeon and can't rejoin.... Tell me about it i got dced at last door :(
  • helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User

Another event succeeded by our favorite team, congratulations...
    Sincerely i feel embarrassed for you.
    Lack of means or lack of talent, I can not say but I reached my limit of patience.
    Hello Teso !
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    The lag have settled down a bit now after
    * People tried it once to see what it is - novelty wore off
    * People realized you need a meta 16k+ team to do well in there

It could be very expensive for Cryptic to dimension everything for the max peaks.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @lowjohn said:
    > In addition to the super-rough lag: Any player who is disconnected is kicked out of the dungeon and can't rejoin, and any player who leaves after a round ends the event for everyone else even if they want to proceed: there's no way to replace a player partway through like you can in every other dungeon run.

> @groo111 said:
    "1. super insane lag 2.Still having bad connection issues and alot of DCing . and get this if u dc in this even ur not kicked from the party u are in PE with no possiblity to rejoin group even if they complete current tier."
    > @dominious12 said:
    "Finally had to give up as a critical member disconnected and was booted out. It's infuriating that this is still an issue"

That's the strangest part. They knew about this bug.
    Many of us reported it after testing on preview:

https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1245875/lair-of-the-mad-dragon-bugs#latest

Seemed like an easy fix.
    I don't understand why they released it without addressing such a game-stopping error.

I won't go so far as to say "worst event ever". Just unforgivable disregard to the preview testers. Why even put it on preview if you aren't going to listen to the feedback?

Without the lag (didn't have that on preview), with correction of the "lockout" bug and with more reasonable trinket drops it does have potential to be fun.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I just realize how ...........* I am.

How on earth I could belive after last CTA event full of lags and issues that next even more complicated event could actually work properly?

Menaged to push trough 4 attempts and gave up after server not respoding messages for most of us in party. That was good timing as in next 5 mins after we gave up 2 of us got disconnects.
    Best thing is 1 of the teams from my guild actually completed all 5- but for unknown reason they didnt get any reward.

*naive/stupid - pick one
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    "didnt have that on preview" the preview population is way lower than live server, these problems have beeen happening for years, the fact that they didnt prepare for it shows you should never look to it with high expectations, Knowing the most wanted event in the game, with the comeback of and old dungeon and the embelishments added as challenge makes it good event in teory, in live is a total mess. they should have made it a private queue with tales of old option like the k-team option on the menu, that way player disconnected because of servers problems its unfair(we lost our main dps when reach last boss1x run, and on 3xrun second boss rubberbanding pulling us to red circles).
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Dont even know if Im going to bother.. it appears its yet another super grind fest.. I dont understand why they think any enjoys quite as many runs as they think we should do.

Whatever..

Im tired of their coding, of their planning and their overall quality .. its barely worth thinking about any of these things.. i will just log in, farm some AD, and log off..

The game is being managed very poorly of late.

This is such truth.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

Best thing is 1 of the teams from my guild actually completed all 5- but for unknown reason they didnt get any reward.*naive/stupid - pick one

And this is a surprise? ;)
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    So finally we got an event which the comm wanted so badly and its unplayable.
    And ( like allways) we dont get any response from the devs/PW whats going on and how they wanna fix it and compensate it? Looks like a system. I allways defended the game, the work from the devs and from PW and the support. But this now? Just lazy...i dont have any fun atm playing this game.

Spidey