test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2x Refining Event

There was a 2x refining event schedule to start on January 26th and now is gone from calendar, after mod 15 dropped. It is gone for good?

Comments

• feedscraps#3427 feedscraps Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I would like an answer to this as well. Is it no longer an event we will be seeing, and why was it changed from the calendar?
  • farfax#6018 farfax Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    That would interest me too. Is there still this event and when?
  • scntyboy#8080 scntyboy Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Would be nice if someone commented on this. I always save my items, anything that gives rp or marks/stones, for this event. Normally an end of the month event
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Same issue on Xbox, and no answer from the devs as of yet.
  • brewskinbrewskin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    The silence is deafening. After shafting long time players with the new professions and other changes, I'm not surprised they are ignoring this subject.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    What's funny is the PC had a 2x enchant event right after Mod 15 dropped and it wasn't cancelled.
    C'mon devs or even moderator, to let us know they are aware of this issue.

Or is it just going to be crickets? And seeing as the CTA event is blowing up right now on PC, please make sure that is fixed before releasing on consoles
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I'll copy/paste what I think is the cause, over from the xbox forum:

If it is because they experienced a devaluation of the UES on pc when the event was up shortly after MOD15 release, then it is fair enough. But then they should still offer us an explanation as to why it was removed.

We aren't unreasonable and are susceptible to logic if given the information behind the decision.

It also doesn't explain why they didn't replace it with another event instead.

Normally they would throw in a CTA event, but I think that would cause trouble due to the recent changes where it is tied up with season rewards.

But they could still put up an emergency 2x refinement or similar. Something that doesn't affect the economy as much, but still makes us feel like something is happening.

I can't believe I can recall a weekend without an event in the 4 years I'v played the game.

Some sad souls will then say that the recruitment even counts as an event. But I for one won't include a nonrecurring event, as an explanation as to why the "standard" event was cancelled.

Man up! Give us an explanation!
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    There is no 2x Refining event for the foreseeable future up till April on the in game calendar as well, I remember back in late summer or early fall there was one every month.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    The way weekend events work has changed slight where we are "bundling" them in a thematic way. 2x Refining Stones will no longer appear on its own but instead be bundled with Bonus RP for a "Refinement Weekend". The calendar had to change slightly to accommodate the new format.
  • richtayls#5929 richtayls Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    So we’re also stuck with having all the 2x currencies at the same time thus guaranteeing us not enough time to take advantage, but also I guess giving us more time to play other games when no worthwhile events on.
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I enjoyed the 2x currencies bundle this past weekend but there just wasn't enough time to run every area each day and if you have any RL things going on you miss out on doing this, if this is going to be "normal" to "bundle" these type of events, is there any way, someone that has any pull with the people in charge, can possibly allow us a full week (Thursday to Thursday) seeing as how each used to be a full weekend by themselves??? and while you're at it can we please get, at least, SKT added soon???
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    2x currencies bundle should really be for an entire week or spread each one out over 3 days a piece in a row. Just my opinions.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Well... get a closer look at the calendar - you should notice a small yet significant change. I belive it started right after winter festival. Before that almost all events were overlaping each other or were divided with maintance breaks only. Now all of them seems to be concentrated to (generally speaking) thursday - monday.

Now I dont mind such breaks as it brings a bit of relief from "oportunity pressure" like I call all kind of events.
    But that combined with mentioned "theming" of events into bundles leaves in fact less time to use them.

Just hoping here that this change brings also some relief to devs, as without need to supervising ongoing events they will have some more time to do more important things like bug fixing or new content development
  • nikatron#4557 nikatron Member Posts: 14 Arc User

The way weekend events work has changed slight where we are "bundling" them in a thematic way. 2x Refining Stones will no longer appear on its own but instead be bundled with Bonus RP for a "Refinement Weekend". The calendar had to change slightly to accommodate the new format.

guess im the only no lifer who got all campaigns done each day on 2 characters >.<
  • excitezzzexcitezzz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have all campaigns done up to chult on one each class and 5 of the have barovio done and are working through the new one. :) :) guess you not on your own.

> @nikatron#4557 said:
    > The way weekend events work has changed slight where we are "bundling" them in a thematic way. 2x Refining Stones will no longer appear on its own but instead be bundled with Bonus RP for a "Refinement Weekend". The calendar had to change slightly to accommodate the new format.
    >
    > guess im the only no lifer who got all campaigns done each day on 2 characters >.<
  • nikatron#4557 nikatron Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    excitezzz said:

I have all campaigns done up to chult on one each class and 5 of the have barovio done and are working through the new one. :):) guess you not on your own.

> @nikatron#4557 said:

> The way weekend events work has changed slight where we are "bundling" them in a thematic way. 2x Refining Stones will no longer appear on its own but instead be bundled with Bonus RP for a "Refinement Weekend". The calendar had to change slightly to accommodate the new format.

>

> guess im the only no lifer who got all campaigns done each day on 2 characters >.<

i did them all on my main for the campaign currency but on my alt only needed 1 boon from dreadring and sharander, but got them and and icewind dale done...HOORAY for token of patronage !