test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why No Free Chest in MSVA?

With much of the content getting a free chest is there any reason MSVA (and probably SVA, but I haven't checked) doesn't have at least one free chest.
Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Prophecy and Throne don't have free chests either but Demo/eDemo got a new free chest added.

Just another example of not following through fully on a concept or letting things fall through the cracks because there wasn't enough testing done. QC needs to be seriously stepped up.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    ETOS has one free chest, one key chest. Does anyone know what key, other than legendary, opens it?

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    One of the other problems here is that there is no way to earn chest keys anymore either. Who does anything in this zone anymore? There is no easy way to get currency. It would be nice to have this added to the new campaign store for keys
    edited January 2019
    If they ran a double SKT currency weekend people might.

• silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2019

ETOS has one free chest, one key chest. Does anyone know what key, other than legendary, opens it?

You can buy new zone keys from the Acq Inc Campaign Store... for Acq Inc currency unfortunately.
    I *assume* those are the keys for those new chests.

And we all thought it would be "one and done" with no need to go back and farm it...
    edited February 2019

You can buy new zone keys from the Acq Inc Campaign Store... for Acq Inc currency unfortunately.

And we all thought it would be "one and done" with no need to go back and farm it...
    maybe I haven't got far enough along in the new missions yet but I didn't see a skt key? I'd be fine with the keys for those chests being in the new currency. lol. the only keys I've seen in the new campaign for for dungeons that never had second chests or associated campaigns. stk really needs one though or the runic key needs to be able to open those chests. because no one goes fishing or does heroics or does the giants bidding anymore and even if they had a double weekend you'd get like one key. I'd do msva.. but the chests don't drop anything near the value of a zen store key
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

As @silvershard#4275 mentioned, you pick keys up for ETOS, Cragmire, and Gray Wolf Den from the Acq Inc. store. And yeah, it would be nice if they had an alternate means of acquiring those keys other than the grind. Make them either an AD or gold purchase or at least increase the amount of currency given by quests and tasks within the campaign. The level of grind just to keep my main fed makes working on my alts nearly impossible.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    You can buy keys from the merchant in the somi with the currency you get from selling the fish you catch. As for etos I've no idea where to get the key from apart from buying the legendary ones from the zen market
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    They should redo all old content and do what they said they should do.. frankly we do not need three chests here.. make it so you can earn your marks on key chest.. free chest have standard awards.

OTHER mmos do this all the time, make old rewards far easier to get.. this one just forgets it and sets it up and maybe in 2-3 down the road will fix it.

WE ALL know why there isnt a free chest in msva.. because it wouldve required extra coding to fix the stupid system they set up in the first place (and yes it was stupid.. 3 chests.. 3 times the grind to earn them)

They really hamstered the players in that mod 10.. everytime i think about how badly they hamstered us, it makes me want to quit again..

• silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User

As @silvershard#4275 mentioned, you pick keys up for ETOS, Cragmire, and Gray Wolf Den from the Acq Inc. store. And yeah, it would be nice if they had an alternate means of acquiring those keys other than the grind. Make them either an AD or gold purchase or at least increase the amount of currency given by quests and tasks within the campaign. The level of grind just to keep my main fed makes working on my alts nearly impossible.
    The issue with so many keys is that you don't know which you're going to need for a given Random Queue.
    I suppose the obvious answer is, "have one of everything, just in case, and replace when used." but that's not always practical. My alt SW has barely scratched Chult yet the past 6 random intermediate queues he's run have all been MPF. His only source of currency to buy that key is... MPF.

I would like to suggest something like a daily single, unique and unstackable "Skeleton" key, that can be made various ways and only works in Random Queue.
    To which I assume the response would be... "Just buy Legendary Dragon Keys".
    And my reply would have to be... "Yes... right... of course... Zen."

maybe I haven't got far enough along in the new missions yet but I didn't see a skt key? I'd be fine with the keys for those chests being in the new currency. lol. the only keys I've seen in the new campaign for for dungeons that never had second chests or associated campaigns. stk really needs one though or the runic key needs to be able to open those chests. because no one goes fishing or does heroics or does the giants bidding anymore and even if they had a double weekend you'd get like one key. I'd do msva.. but the chests don't drop anything near the value of a zen store key
    I don't think there is a new chest for any of the SKT group content. I could be wrong, I don't do FBI often and never stay in either SVA variant long enough to find out (Svardborg is like one of those scenes in a sci fi movie where they strap someone into a chair, wire open their eyes and use flashing images to brainwash people into murdering the President.)

There are new chests in stuff like EToS so you get the free one that replaces the old one that you needed a standard daily key for, and this new one needs the key from the AI store or a Legendary Dragon Key (obvs). As far as I'm aware, those AI keys don't replace the existing campaign keys for the likes of ELOL, EIOT, MSPC, FBI etc... which are bought through the individual campaigns.
    I have Legendary Dragon keys and they do open the MSVA chests, but I've paid my dues grinding for marks once already and have no desire to waste a Legendary Dragon key. I suppose I'm looking for some reward when I land there in a random queue, because other than that there is no incentive to run the content.

• ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    faction keys should be added to the fbi chests imo, the credits needed to make them that is, like how there is voninblood relics except picked up akin to that green swirl named refinement. we get new players here and there in our alliance and they like running fbi and svardborg and request banner runs eventually. give some incentive for the older players.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

With much of the content getting a free chest is there any reason MSVA (and probably SVA, but I haven't checked) doesn't have at least one free chest.

Forget free chest. I got MSVA as my Advance Q and I have one key for each of the chest and could not open anything. Talk about a major let down. I went into my shared bank and pulled out a legendary key and it allowed me to select the chest. Cryptic really screwed that dungeon up if you ask me.

This is a fair warning to players who run MSVA or NSVA, the game uses legendary keys over the keys for this dungeon.
    with mod 16 they are simplifying everything else. I am hoping they are following thru on an area that actually needs simplification. why not just make specialized keys one key and make them work on any special chest below the current dungeon of the mod.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    You get stuff for completing MSVA/SVA as shown with the scorecard, just like with Tiamat. There is no need for a keyless chest.
    edited February 2019
    arazith07 said:

You get stuff for completing MSVA/SVA as shown with the scorecard, just like with Tiamat. There is no need for a keyless chest.

Last MSVA run I did with Advanced Queue I got 25 RP (yay), a Tale of Carving (valueless), and some Rough AD on the scorecard. Edemo and Tiamat both provide better rewards without opening chests.

While on the subject of Tiamat, why doesn't it have a free chest?

> @bobo#5090 said:
    > I wasn't pleased when I lost some 200 epic dungeon chest keys with mod 15, only to find they've been replaced with keys I have to buy with campaign currency. What's the point of VIP now that they've taken the Epic dungeon keys away? They also need to give you a choice of which key to use if you have the right one vs a legendary dragon key.

Now when you open chests you can reroll the contents. The reroll is limited to 4 per chest. The epic dungeon keys you had are now reroll tokens.

• johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

I wasn't pleased when I lost some 200 epic dungeon chest keys with mod 15, only to find they've been replaced with keys I have to buy with campaign currency. What's the point of VIP now that they've taken the Epic dungeon keys away? They also need to give you a choice of which key to use if you have the right one vs a legendary dragon key.

Any chests that took Epic Dungeon Keys automatically open now. MSVA never had a chest to open for an Epic Dungeon key, but gives loot and RaD in the end results screen. All the "Campaign" chests you refer to were always there. There has always been malabog, valindra, lostmauth, Strahd, etc. Keys. You couldn't open those with Epic Dungeon Keys. You either needed the campaign key or a legendary dragon key. It should tell you which key it will use. They took nothing, but actually gave us more rerolls as not everyone rerolls end-chests.
    bobo#5090 said:

I noticed that too, but now I have to buy and stock 50 different effing types of keys. Before VIP granted me 1 free key per toon per day. It's a huge reduction in value for VIP IMHO, and as I've said elsewhere I had only just gotten epic dungeons open to start running them when my keys magically disappeared. It's total and complete BS that I have grind a campaign to earn keys that were free with my VIP. They should have let us keep the epic keys we had, and then changed the reward going forward to rerolls. That way those of us with piles of keys could have at least used them. I will never burn thru the rerolls that I have on my main. In fact, I'll end up with a ton of worthless rerolls when they nerf that later on my alts, cuz I don't always use the 4 on every chest.

If I could reroll the lock box rewards...

It will always use the Campaign key before a legendary key. The only exception is if you don't have a campaign key when the dungeon ends, but make one after the dungeon concludes AND you have a leg dragon key in your inventory. That specific instance will use the dragon key because the game already registered that as the only valuable key. I leave my dragon keys in my bank, and if I can make a key I will. It depends on content whether or not I use dragon keys.

There is really no need to grind out campaign keys. The drops in the chests aren't generally worth the time investment, especially with salvage gone. You will get some AD from ending the dungeon or it will be in the "free" chest. If there is no free chest, you get the drops on the end-screen.

For regular dungeon content, I agree rerolls aren't that useful. For stuff dropping UES and other items, I reroll. I also wait for high-refinement drops or decent AD returns as I have thousands of these from a long time of VIP.