• Options
    dreadulusdreadulus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    people are posting bug reports on gear.....to get this off the page
  • Options
    posting to put on front page once more
  • Options
    Update. I have been in game, tagging handles. If you are standing still in PE, and part of this ddos attack, I suggest you think long and hard about your priorities in life. Attacking a game, that you also play, is quite hypocrite.

The latency spikes, as I chat in zone calling them out. They are just flexing. There is no strength in numbers, just more weak links. Once identified, I am sure the people who hold financial interests in this game, will want action. Attacking an enterprise server, comes with criminal charges. If found, you will most likely be prosecuted by the company.

Have a nice day folks.

ps, will be forwarding accounts that are suspect to the dev team. If you are not part of it, they will know. If you are part of it, they will also be able to trace the connection logs of said account.
  • Options
    cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User

*sigh*

+1
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    octonionsrule#4355 octonionsrule Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    The situation is getting worse from minute to minute.

Constant freezing in game (60+ sec) with "server not responding" message flashing
    Then game crashes and cannot even get past the first step because:
    "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"

Using EU or US proxy does not help either.

I will do something more enjoyable ...
  • Options
    To get in game, use safe mode from options drop down on the launcher. You can resize the window, once your character is logged in.

This is the only way, I have been able to get in game, past 2 days.

Cheers
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    they all use the same server. That is why it is affecting the login/authenticate servers.
  • Options
    dreadulus said:

If you can get in game, take a look at who is in game, saying they have no issues. Those are the ones doing the attack. I am atm, gathering handles of people standing still in PE to report to the devs. If you are a ddos attacker, your char will not move, as you are using your connection, and the server address to attack.

I am not an expert in cyber security, but it is rather obvious that a ddos attack does not actually requirs an account on the attacked server, or being logged into a service that the attacked server provides (in this particular case: being logged into the nwn game). Sorry dreadulus, your idea of ddos attack is pure fantasy. I suggest you read the Wikipedia article on dos and ddos attacks, although I doubt that you understand what it says.
  • Options
    I am just going by the last time this happened. It was a confirmed attack. The problems we are having, are the same. Bots in game, used their connection to trace the server address. Without logging in to the game, and looking at the connection, how would you know what IP to attack?
  • Options

dreadulus said:

If you can get in game, take a look at who is in game, saying they have no issues. Those are the ones doing the attack. I am atm, gathering handles of people standing still in PE to report to the devs. If you are a ddos attacker, your char will not move, as you are using your connection, and the server address to attack.

I am not an expert in cyber security, but it is rather obvious that a ddos attack does not actually requirs an account on the attacked server, or being logged into a service that the attacked server provides (in this particular case: being logged into the nwn game). Sorry dreadulus, your idea of ddos attack is pure fantasy. I suggest you read the Wikipedia article on dos and ddos attacks, although I doubt that you understand what it says.

Wikipedia, is a user submitted forum btw. If it was fantasy, the devs would have reset the server to prior last patch. If it was on their end, server would not be up. They would have taken it down, and tested it offline. So please, if you want to diminish my character, send me a message. I will indulge for as long as you can last.
  • Options
    I agree with you, that it looks very much like an attack on the servers (not just nwn, arc-wide). However, we cannot know for certain and cryptic / arc is not telling us anything (nor is it likely that they will provide us with details). Also, people who attack a game server rather obviously don't play the game they attack, nor do they need an to log into the server to know its IP address. So calling out people that stand still in PE (probably because they are frozen because of the attack) is NOT HELPFUL!
  • Options
    Maybe, but the bot attack, they were all in game. If nothing comes from tagging people who seem to have no issue in game, then no sweat off my back. You can see the server from task manager, and the exe. No one publishes the address of their login servers, and they do change them if compromised.
  • Options
    bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    And it starts again. will they ever get this HAMSTER fixed.
  • Options
    neko#1035 neko Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    same here.
    can't play, cant go past log-in window... getting "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"
  • Options
    wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User

poor poor boo

game is broke today also :(
  • Options
    wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2019

run boo run

Moderator removed private information.

Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options
    Use the drop down options menu from launcher. Click on safe mode. Once in game, resize that window.

If you change character, it may kick you, just repeat the steps once again to get back in.
  • Options
    Its not about standing still, it is about being in game, connected to the server. If they are using their connection, they will not be able to do much in game, as they are using most of their internet for the attack
  • Options
    You find this comical? You do realize attacking a business server, comes with legal repercussions?

If people think ddos is just for fun, maybe they are the ones who need a psychological evaluation to determine if they are capable of being part of society.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

I am closing this thread because there are many on the same subject.

Please have a look on this one: Recent Connectivity Issues

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    bump#4754 bump Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Timed out during IWD Deamons and can't log back in!
  • Options
    teflondon#9816 teflondon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Aaaaand...down again....
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Same for me. Down since i loaded patch about an hour ago u - server timed out, unable to authenticate.
  • Options
    kinpyrekinpyre Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    tried to change toons and disconnected and cannot log back in
  • Options
    eddiestormeddiestorm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Same here "Unable to authenticate: connection to the account server timed out"
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    Just curious if anyone else is running into the issue of it prompting for your password when starting the Neverwinter client. I haven't had to do this in years since all of the authentication is SUPPOSED to occur in the Arc client.
This discussion has been closed.