test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you have any hopes for M16?

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Just a thought...

The Zhents pride themselves on their ability to get good, accurate information. It's not like them to get something so wrong about the Stone of Golorr. It makes me wonder if something else is going on -- are they being manipulated into going after the bank for someone else's reasons?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

rafaelda said:

What mod 16 brings will be this....

1) Two new classes
    2) All classes will be assigned two roles for Qing into content
    3) New role
    4) Buffing is cap (yup damage buffs we have in game will get a cap)
    5) New zone with repetitive weeklies/dailies
    6) New 10 man content or dungeon
    7) Update to enchantments and bonding
    8) Many players quitting
    9) Many players complaining about the update

This is what I think will happen for mod 16. 1 is probably the only thing that may not show up with mod 16, the rest I'm pretty certain more than likely will happen.

Here is something I found that I believe is from the dev. This aligns with what I have been stating about how paragon path will determine our roles come mod 16; making the paragon path we pick "more exciting/desired".

"Making the different paragon paths viable is actually a big push for us in M16 that we’re currently working on, so hopefully we can make the lesser used paragon paths more exciting/desired."

Man this would be wonderfull if true !
    but is a year worth work there, i dont believe they can fix 2 paragon with the classes we already have, even less with 2 new classes

For the record i'm waiting for a Level increase really soon, this would trash all gear we current have and would bring a massive complain shower, but after this catch up mods i belive it is coming...

PS. If youre right i will be really Happy !!!!!!!
    Because with 5 toon is impossible that 5 (10 rules) of them will be changed to something i dont like !!

Hope for the Best, but be prepared for the worst !!
    A level cap will kill the game. It really will this time. They haven't the manpower to complete such a task again like mod 6. The team working on this game has been cut by a chunk since then. If they can't even properly rebalance more than a couple classes at a time, you really expect them to be able to redo all the content to make it line up with another level increase?

Considering how tiny M15 was and how many Mod -b kinds there are, I believe this is what we're getting this time around. I want it, but I'm afraid of it (don't take that outta context).

Because since we're getting new powers and feats with new levels, we're also getting massive nerfs that resemble the TSAR bomb, really.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Just a thought...

The Zhents pride themselves on their ability to get good, accurate information. It's not like them to get something so wrong about the Stone of Golorr. It makes me wonder if something else is going on -- are they being manipulated into going after the bank for someone else's reasons?

It's tied in to the Dragon Heist (whatever it's called) mod for the latest D&D5e mod. Neverember hid a bunch of treasure in Undermountain and the Zhents want it. The Stone of Golorr was/is the key to locating the treasure hoard. So given that Neverember is in Neverwinter, the Zhents came here first, something like that anyway.

Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

1) Two new classes
    3) New role
    8) Many players quitting

This is what I think will happen for mod 16. 1 is probably the only thing that may not show up with mod 16, the rest I'm pretty certain more than likely will happen.

Here is something I found that I believe is from the dev. This aligns with what I have been stating about how paragon path will determine our roles come mod 16; making the paragon path we pick "more exciting/desired".

"Making the different paragon paths viable is actually a big push for us in M16 that we’re currently working on, so hopefully we can make the lesser used paragon paths more exciting/desired."

but is a year worth work there, i dont believe they can fix 2 paragon with the classes we already have, even less with 2 new classes

For the record i'm waiting for a Level increase really soon, this would trash all gear we current have and would bring a massive complain shower, but after this catch up mods i belive it is coming...

Because with 5 toon is impossible that 5 (10 rules) of them will be changed to something i dont like !!

Most MMO games don't do level cap increases as it causes major issues with the game. Instead the dev focus on stats and ways to control them to reduce power creep; something that the devs here have failed to manage.

Ways to improve the game would be further adjustments to the stats we have on our gear, placing caps on stats, caps on buff, caps on power sharing, caps on what is shared from the companion, etc... doing all of this would translate to players going with other stats that might not be useful today such as defensive or recovery, etc.. depending upon the build. A AC DC for instance if they are capped for power sharing they could go with more recovery, crit, arm pen, etc...

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    If you start by assuming the current system is broken in some way, you have a number of ways to implement a fix. You can implement caps, scale some things or just do a redesign of a system or some problematic mechanism.

No matter what is done, there will be complaints. Some players will quit in anger, others will grudgingly accept that what was done was the best thing for the game long-term, but others will be happy.

My point is that once the details become public knowledge, you will get a large variety of reactions from players..I do not think there has been a single mod that everyone liked.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I don't know why they allowed power stacking to go on for so long. Probably could have avoided a mess if power got proper diminishing returns. Now people will just be angry after so much time invested into that meta.

Would be a step in the right direction for returning and rebalancing all of the dungeons. They really should have never allowed this mega buff meta to take over. Suppose Pandora's box is open and can't be shut, now that they're selling HAMSTER like tigers with debuffs that stack and other HAMSTER.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

rafaelda said:

1) Two new classes
    3) New role
    8) Many players quitting

A level cap will kill the game. It really will this time. They haven't the manpower to complete such a task again like mod 6. The team working on this game has been cut by a chunk since then. If they can't even properly rebalance more than a couple classes at a time, you really expect them to be able to redo all the content to make it line up with another level increase?
    Dont get me wrong, i'm not hping for a new level cap, last one was really boring,
    but i think it will come soon, so i'm tring to be "ready for it" that the be prepared for the worst part...
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    hopes? very hight. expectactions? bugged new content, utterly busted/broken new artfact, compleatly trashing pvp futher.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    I just wanted to share my personal feeling about state of the game

I am bored. Yup, and the worst part is its not just me but most of veteran players I know.
    There is nothing wrong with creating another toon to grind the same stuff again, and again and again, but.....

Many of us do not want any changes or just few small witch will help with our personal issues. Some are able to see a bigger picture, but in games like this players will always hold to things they gathered/grinded/achieved with hard work/luck/dedication/real money. Yet we still need and want new shiny things, and at some point its not possible any more without serious changes.

And I belive at current state of the game, serious changes is what game needs with MOD 16.
    At this moment we need new frontiers to avoid stagnation.

So IMHO with MOD 16 we need:

1. Full rework of game mechanic – yes, a tytanic job, as it demands classes rework as well, but since we have 1 super meta team and power sharing any more small tweaks and limted changes wont help here.
    Its already beyond devs power to create a system when a PVE change wont ruin PVP side and on the contrary. Adding new gear (with more stats of course) only make it worse. Not to mention that for example – due to mentioned meta and power sharing such things like – healing, CC, and even tanking is currently negligible – debuff, buff is what matters only, not even a dps is important as without proper buffs/debuffs it wont work any more.

So reworked mechanic with a division between pvp and pve skills, is most crucial change this game need.

2. New class – yes thats what players need most. We need a fresh air here, I mean really fresh – not checking how skills on my old toon work after update – I want a new toon. Man,....I would even level him map by map to have fun with every new skill......

3. Companions rework – tired of tigers and suicide yojimbo :D. Make other companions usefull.

4. New insignia types and bonuses and wont mind a mythic mounts.

5. Hard to find recipes (one try only) for some new shiny stuff to make in our workshops. You know - hard to find, very costly to try, small chance to succed but with really nice shiny thing at the end if you make it.

6. Sure we could use a few more dungeons. I would even take a new map and campaign :D

7. Guilds - belive me or not but guilds keep many players in this game, as they log in not for new content or to grind some more, but to play with peoples they like to play with. So yes – guilds need new goals as well – increase a level to lets say 30. Increase a boons to 10k but divided like 1k on every 3 levels. Add new boon plot (recovery/deflect) and you got guilds busy for few next mods. And to make sure no1 will skip it form 20 to 30 fast with already gathered resource - add SKT+ campaigns currencies to the mimic or any other new currency to keep guild builders busy.

Well than – lets be honest here after 2 last small mods there is a lot of hopes about new mod.
    Sure some of you will hate my ideas, some find them interesting but I belive most of us agree that game needs some serious major rework, not just crafting. It has a potential and I belive Cryptic and Perfect World actually are able to make such effort to make this game briliant and worthwile.

BUT if next mode will resemble last 2 of them, well.... thats gona be final confirmation that game went into maintenance mode.....
  • vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Incoming wall of text. Incoming wall of text. Incoming wall of text.

I do hope we get a level cap increase. I just came back to the game after a 2 year break (left right when River District opened), and as a returning player, I can see we're getting lots of issues with power creep and broken mechanics among classes. Yes, a class and game mechanic rework would solve some of these issues, but I feel like a fresher start would be nice as well. K-team I think was designed in part to get folks to run old dungeons again as well, and right now we have like...6 tiers of dungeon ilvl groupings. That's too many I think for endgame. A level cap increase would allow for a consolidation with more dungeons in a specific group, fewer ilvl group gaps, and I, and some of my friends I think, would like to run more of the old dungeons (along with new). I think having only 2 dungeons for an ilvl group is a bit thin and it does stretch the player base along quite a long endgame. Moving the start line back, and the finish line forward, could, if done well, bring the community together.

Yes, mod 6, no offense devs, was a disaster. It was needed in a sense, because we had similar issues then as we do now. There was massive power creep, set bonuses were outrageous, and dungeons were becoming completely irrelevant. But the leveling content was boring...oh so boring. Sorry, but it was. Then at endgame, there was no new module or anything to hold our interest. It was just a grindy reset essentially, without much meat on its bones. I understand players who remember mod 6 and are dreading a level cap increase. I don't think mod 6 though was an argument against a level cap increase, as it was needed, for dungeons to be played again (those that remained), for the community to come together, and for a myriad of mechanics and stuff to get fixed. What it was, was an argument against resetting the game with threadbare content. I get that there are things like budgets, and bill and revenue streams, and that constrains development (hello Foundry). But what I hope for update 16/17 is that a reset is coming, but with new content, more content, and varied content. A lot to ask for, I know, and I definitely feel it is perhaps a bit...hopeful that such a thing would happen. But a level cap increase, done well, reinvigorates a game; it doesn't kill it.

I played, in the past, another MMORPG, Rift, and it faced some common issues with its expansions that I feel could be avoided here. It's first expansion was Storm Legion. Storm legion was another case where an expansion was needed sometime in the game's future, but it was done in a mod 6 esque way that led to massive player dropoff. To be blunt, basically Storm Legion, to many players, felt like a massive empty wasteland without much going for it in terms of story or group content. Major group events like the famed Volan encounter fell a bit flat, and the grind for gear currency increased exponentially to extend repetitive content that, quite frankly, was designed to be new or edgy, but ultimately wasn't that much fun. I'm thinking of the second dungeon I think...storm trooper...something...it just didn't work. The problem for Rift was it released this expansion way too early. Now, maybe it was necessary from a financial solvency standpoint, I don't know...I'm not judging them...but from a social point of view...Storm Legion was way way too early.

Rift, in its pre-SL format, had 3 tiers of raids and dungeons. You had Greenscale and River of Souls and that water dimension...drowned...something. You then had glorious Hammerknell and Rise of the Phoenix. Finally, they had released their tier 3 content, Ember Isle, master dungeons, and the Fire/Earth dungeon stuff...Now...the elite of the elite, of course, had most tier 3 content cleared...within...2 weeks, in part because many of them had beta tested it and got to learn the mechanics...Either way, it had been cleared by the top guilds. However, when Storm Legion launched...the middle part of the bell curve, the great majority of the raiding/dungeon population (so called casuals)...well, we were just starting tier 3...and then in a couple of weeks...the expansion hit, and dungeons many of us had not even seen were suddenly irrelevant. As I said, maybe they needed to release Storm Legion.. I remember a senior manager Daglar saying "sometimes you just have to release the game and pay the bills". But if they didn't, it was definitely a mistake. Players could see the new content was way too sparse, and the old content had just been deemed irrelevant, and by (possibly) moving along at the pace of the top of the top players, it left most of the middle crowd in the dust...bored and feeling overwhelmed by this new expansion. So many left, including myself.

Now, I do not think that Neverwinter is in the same spot Rift was. Yes, many have not seen CR. I haven't yet, and I know mod 6 and the loss of the old dungeons terrifies people. They do not want stuff like CR to just disappear (those who havent' seen it...I've no idea if people who run it like it). But if the dungeons are kept, even if they are moved to a different tier under a new level cap, I think we can avoid some of the despair felt during mod 6 and in another MMO Rift, during SL launch. The key for a successful level cap increase is to not feel like you are losing something, as hard as that may be to do from a development standpoint.

It may be time to do another stat rebalancing (like the famed 400 point thing of mod 6) I'm not sure...I think campaign boons definitely need a rework. Maybe not all of them, but as long as you continue the campaign system you're gonna encounter the same issues. Things like damage buffs being specific to certain themed monsters like demons/fae/undead/thay etc., seems like a good idea, whereas general buffs just add to the pile. As other people have said...I think a simple solution to many problems is to implement caps to stuff. Control resistance, power sharing (if kept at all). Yes, I play a DC. Cooldowns on certain effects so they can't be spammed. One of the few things ESO got right was the decision to change how buffs worked so you could only have 1 (whichever was greater) buff of a certain type active at a time. This would change the meta and builds quite a bit granted, but if done cleverly with class changes, would open up many more builds instead of the (this build always yields maximum POWERRR-I'm reading this in Jeremy Clarkson's voice).

TLDR: I think a level cap increase would be brilliant, but hard to do right, and it would be wrong to repeat mod 6's mistakes. Various examples of right stuff and wrong stuff. Much pontificating because this was written during lunch. High hopes for update 16 and beyond. Unsure if expectations realistic. Much love to all.
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.

they can't even get a new professions system right.. we've got a broken mess from the last update. and that's only a TINY fraction of what would happen if they rewrote everything for a level cap increase... NOOOOOO please no... like others have said they don't have the budget. they don't have hte man power. you think it's broken now? just wait til they try that trick

Just announced today new lockbox for PCs; similar to the Glorious LB in that older mounts are present in the LB. With that now announce I predict Mod 16 luanching 2/22, just around the same time Anthem launches.

I'm glad I'm on console and not PC as my time from 2/22 and one will be in Anthem.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

they can't even get a new professions system right.. we've got a broken mess from the last update. and that's only a TINY fraction of what would happen if they rewrote everything for a level cap increase... NOOOOOO please no... like others have said they don't have the budget. they don't have hte man power. you think it's broken now? just wait til they try that trick

Just announced today new lockbox for PCs; similar to the Glorious LB in that older mounts are present in the LB. With that now announce I predict Mod 16 luanching 2/22, just around the same time Anthem launches.

I'm glad I'm on console and not PC as my time from 2/22 and one will be in Anthem.

no idea if they're going to follow old patterns or not, I mean if that's so they're breaking another long time pattern of giving preview a month or so of testing. maybe they decided to go all private testing this time around. it's not like they actually listen to their non nda beta testers anyhoo. lol. but if they do follow wiht the resurgence lockbox before the drop of a new mod it will be two weeks off the drop date for the new lockbox. they always start dropping that early. they also usually give what, a month of the new pack that goes with the new mod at 25% off.. no hint of that.. I'm not making any predictions here. they've broken their pattern here.

no idea if they're going to follow old patterns or not, I mean if that's so they're breaking another long time pattern of giving preview a month or so of testing. maybe they decided to go all private testing this time around. it's not like they actually listen to their non nda beta testers anyhoo. lol. but if they do follow wiht the resurgence lockbox before the drop of a new mod it will be two weeks off the drop date for the new lockbox. they always start dropping that early. they also usually give what, a month of the new pack that goes with the new mod at 25% off.. no hint of that.. I'm not making any predictions here. they've broken their pattern here.
    I definitely don't get it. How will private testers change anything? Many people provided invaluable feedback on preview. Perhaps they did something unthinkable and don't want people to riot early, which wouldn't make a difference anyhow.

Gives me bad vibes.
    ghoulz66 said:

I definitely don't get it. How will private testers change anything? Many people provided invaluable feedback on preview. Perhaps they did something unthinkable and don't want people to riot early, which wouldn't make a difference anyhow.

Gives me bad vibes.
    Or maybe the changes are so great that they were scared of the number of pitchforks and torches that would be flung at their door. Though personally as someone who has french heritage I rather throw cows at them. :)
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    ghoulz66 said:

Gives me bad vibes.

it makes total sense to me. they never actually listened to feed back for the most part from people in preview. and preview tended to spread more negativity about the next drop than positivity. so why not bind everyone by nda so you can't poison your user base before hand. still leaves a bad taste because if there is that kind of negativity.. they really should take it to heart and fix it instead of just practicing obfustication.. but that's my read.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    hopes? very hight. expectactions? bugged new content, utterly busted/broken new artfact, compleatly trashing pvp futher.

ghoulz66 said:

Gives me bad vibes.

it makes total sense to me. they never actually listened to feed back for the most part from people in preview. and preview tended to spread more negativity about the next drop than positivity. so why not bind everyone by nda so you can't poison your user base before hand. still leaves a bad taste because if there is that kind of negativity.. they really should take it to heart and fix it instead of just practicing obfustication.. but that's my read.
    my read is that they wanna make big changes, that will make huge differences in builds/teamcomps or/and economy. and somply want to suprise playerbase, or release it in a way to not make huge economy spike or smh.
    edited February 2019

ghoulz66 said:

Gives me bad vibes.

People will just get angry and quit the game anyway. If they want to surprise people with something no one wanted, it's their own fault.

And it wasn't poisoning the user base. They weren't tricked or forced into disliking the garbage they found out. If something is terrible, people aren't going to like it. If they really hate it, well, there's more people out the door not spending money likely...
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    No hopes at all. Im just waiting for complete destruction of my main class and buff of already powerfull classes for sake of balance and another extremely bad and generic campaign (at least on part of storyline) followed by new bugs. Because after last few modules, this is most likely the case, that is going to happen.

Module 15 and last few events seriously undermined my faith in this developer team, sadly.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

No hopes at all. Im just waiting for complete destruction of my main class and buff of already powerfull classes for sake of balance and another extremely bad and generic campaign (at least on part of storyline) followed by new bugs. Because after last few modules, this is most likely the case, that is going to happen.

Module 15 and last few events seriously undermined my faith in this developer team, sadly.

Sad true, and i was full of hope after Ravenloft mod...
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Every mod is the same, one DPS class 4 support META is killing the game, they tried to fix it nerfing DO but you can use a Templock, HR, or CW as buff slave...but only a class is the preferred as main DPS by the community....and devs. So what's the new about this Mod 16? maybe another nerf to some class reduced to support?. Another elitist mechanic like K-team or Tales?. Another artifact set, or mount, or weapon enchantment, or mechanic that benefit a single class. I think the community is tired of this. I haven't hope because my main is reduced to a support role to be able to play end game. I play what other people expect from me, not what i built my character for. I believe that i'm not the only one that feels this unbalance and elitism.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    > @giz#2086 said:
    > Every mod is the same, one DPS class 4 support META is killing the game, they tried to fix it nerfing DO but you can use a Templock, HR, or CW as buff slave...but only a class is the preferred as main DPS by the community....and devs. So what's the new about this Mod 16? maybe another nerf to some class reduced to support?. Another elitist mechanic like K-team or Tales?. Another artifact set, or mount, or weapon enchantment, or mechanic that benefit a single class. I think the community is tired of this. I haven't hope because my main is reduced to a support role to be able to play end game. I play what other people expect from me, not what i built my character for. I believe that i'm not the only one that feels this unbalance and elitism.

Far from it. Everyone knows that the balance in the game is awful, and they're not fixing the things that matter. I think, if they increase level cap and force us to drop the OP <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (Shadowstalker rings f.e.), we'll have a much more balanced experience, since it's working from the ground up once again.

But that's just one hope I have. I've been hoping for that for a while. But idk.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Many players agree that the current situation and state of the game is just not working and something needs to be done - although there is disagreement on how to fix things and which issues should be given priority.

Now, the priorities of the developers might not match those of any individual player, let alone the player base as a whole. Moreover, they have certain restrictions - development resources, deadlines, content that might sometimes have to be aligned with WotC releases and so on. (Just talking in general here, not specifically about mod 16)

Now, obviously I cannot say anything about what is coming in mod 16 or whether the developers are doing something about any of the issues mentioned in this thread. The NDA specifically allows participants to state they are participating, but that's just about all we may say - my point is only that the developers are aware of the various issues, but you will have to wait to see what mod 16 is like.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    Lots of hope for the game.
    And PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ devs:
    NO!!!!!! New class. Thx a lot.

Spidey
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    This game needs revolution witch either kill it or heal it.

At this point its not possible any longer to try to fix all those issues out there with just another small patches here and there. Not that I am afraid it wont end up too good, but I barely see a reason not to try that.

• undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Unfortunately I think they are trying to do a massive overhaul. Wrote a post but it hasn't gone up. I think they are keeping it quiet...