test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• milyenmilyen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Worst Quality Assurance program. Last 3 patches / updates all been broken. The CTA Storm Front was broke, the Lunar Festival was broke and today this patch / maintenance failed to allow players to patch / login to the game.
  • tonycope12tonycope12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    im in uk just got back in
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Well that is enough time wasted for this evening. Firing up ESO.
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I'm affected as well
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Now the login server isn't working !
    2fv72Fw.png
  • dreadulusdreadulus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    What they should be doing, is increasing bandwidth to max, then identify the source of the problem. If they do not have the manpower, might be time at looking at a DDoS mitigation company. They specialize in this stuff, and have the server power to fight back.
  • pakatapoespakatapoes Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Same here , will they give us the VIP key we will lose today if this keep like this
  • dameon292dameon292 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    I've been having the same issue all day. Just now got back into game by: On the login page I selected Options and then selected Safe Mode and Force Verify. After verifying, was able to login and play. Hope this helps some of you.
    It's happening across the Cryptic games. I play STO and the same issue is happening there too. I'm trying to get my VIP Runic Bag of Holding on sale and my daily key. Any chance that they'll extend the sale a day and give a bonus key to VIP if it doesn't clear up?
    ty dameon292, will try it
  • nwncaspernwncasper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    finally it works again - after 2 hours of trying to log in...
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i am with Adrian, log on, and select character, "boom" redirect and disconnected.
  • joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I'm in - ty

My bad - launcher login server is back but not in game yet
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    dreadulus said:

What they should be doing, is increasing bandwidth to max, then identify the source of the problem. If they do not have the manpower, might be time at looking at a DDoS mitigation company. They specialize in this stuff, and have the server power to fight back.

No, what they should be doing if it is a suspected attack is informing the end users, as many of them are using Neverwinter as a trusted program and could be potentially leaving themselves open to all sorts of problems.

Very true zebulondaktoid. I did force verify, safe mode. Game is now patching hard, 3% after 5 mins. Will update if it works.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Game client was still up on my screen from yesterday, I can log in fine and view characters but can't load in on any character. Get a "Redirecting" then a disconnect.
    reg1981 said:

Game client was still up on my screen from yesterday, I can log in fine and view characters but can't load in on any character. Get a "Redirecting" then a disconnect.

That is also the furthest I got. Load bar got to within 1/8 of an inch, and disconnected.
  • lancome2015lancome2015 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    same cant log in to account ...How long is it like this now ....??
  • lancome2015lancome2015 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    It is working all ....^^
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Current Time: 16:47pm (Central) Connection keeps timing out while logging into the game. I get the list of characters, but times out. A couple of times it showed that toon images, the rest of the time, a black screen with the 'counter' icon -- then times out.

EDIT: (16:51p) If I do get into the game, I am getting dropped with a 'Disconnected from Server' message.
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Hello @moonwitch#3271! Is this still happening?

Yes.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

We are aware the account servers meet some issues, and engineers are actively working on it.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Regards,

Worked fine before patch and for first login and then i got discoed and can't get back on.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    i'm on xbox. haven't been able to log in for the last half hour. it starts to log in. it says loading protectors enclave but then it kicks me back out to the starting screen again. I did get back in for about 5 minutes but then it kicked me out again.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

wb-cenders.gif
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    working now

It seems to work everyone

Nope... still down
This discussion has been closed.