test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• Options
    marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Same here wednesday, feb6, montreal : Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
  • Options
    dreadulusdreadulus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    If they take down the server, it will sever all connections. My best guess, this is an attack on the login server, by who, that is up to the devs to trace.
  • Options
    bathory1334#8604 bathory1334 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I was able to log in initially, but for some reason I couldn't get my daily key. Figured I'd log off and log back in. When I tried I got the "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" message. Hopefully it's fixed soon.
  • Options
    lordkinelynlordkinelyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same here cant log in same error when using my username used my email and was able to get into the game only to time out when it was loading the characters.
  • Options
    ontarion515ontarion515 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I noticed that when my authentication failed that my Norton Security log said Arc was doing something that caused Norton to block it.
  • Options
    tk1888tk1888 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    wemery said:

Please Feed boo

We can't log on :(

It is now 3:47 PM CST on 2/6/2019, 5 hours after the emergency maintenance announced this morning was supposed to end, and I am still getting this screen. During maintenance it had the maintenance red flag. Now it doesn't, server is green, and like message above, "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out."

• Options
    Awe... Me too. And I didn't quite get the Boar on several alts. Sigh. Maybe the'll extend a day?....
  • Options
    cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    how do i claim my VIP key if it won't work?
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    jadeidajadeida Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Czech republic - I cannot log, Connection to the account server timed out.....
  • Options
    alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Got in Yea,,,, No wait... Connection to Login in server timed out. Try again later. sigh... At least I got some kind of response from Cryptic... Try again later. How about just forget for today?
  • Options
    porbidus01porbidus01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    +1
  • Options
    adrian2188adrian2188 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Same issue i disconnected in vellosk, timed out logging in, restarted arc and the game got a launcher update, was able to log in, disconnected loading into vellosk and same issue again.

Edit: now i cant log in at all on the neverwinter launcher, Kind of glad other people are having this issue i thought i was being hacked and rushed to the website to change my password haha.
    Stuff
  • Options
    rickie#5692 rickie Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Still not working here in Australia
  • Options
    sc00by#2972 sc00by Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have the client loaded, but got booted. Now it just says "Connecting to the account server. Please wait..."

I have actually got to character select once in the last 20 minutes, just for it to DC me as the toon was loading.

:(
  • Options
    darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Is this only on pc or all platforms? At work right now, just wantinf to know if I will be able to enjoy game when I get home.
  • Options
    cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    +1 in USA
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    celticdaddy77#4008 celticdaddy77 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    it is currently 1:53pm here in Las Vegas, Nevada and I am not able to log in. either, no message and it is showing the server is online as well Help please
  • Options
    zollinar#2532 zollinar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Any update? still unable to login
  • Options
    wuthghomrwuthghomr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Same here.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Also unable to connect.
  • Options
    ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Just got to the last boss on spellplague caverns master, and damn dc'd GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • Options
    ethericessenceethericessence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    I can't log into game. I'm logged into arc and when I go to start NeverWinter I get the password screen. I type in my password and try to log in and it gives me the password screen again. I haven't even picked up my keys. Whats up with this.
  • Options
    antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    This is not just caused by a change of character. I was just feeding the stronghold coffer when I was disconnected and can not get back in. Tried on my PC, my laptop and my wife's laptop. Same story. My game was better before the emergency maintenance. Slow but playable. Now nothing.
  • Options
    zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    dreadulus said:

If they take down the server, it will sever all connections. My best guess, this is an attack on the login server, by who, that is up to the devs to trace.

It will, but unfortunately they will attempt to reconnect as soon as the server is up again. DDoS are difficult to trace because they typically come from many, many (usually unwitting) sources.
  • Options
    ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    its alot of people
  • Options
    belmordebbelmordeb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same for me. I can't even get past the updater
  • Options
    mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    same, can't log on
  • Options
    kittybelle#3734 kittybelle Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Just got an e-mail from tech support - "We're aware and working on it." *shrug*
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Same here. Came back from work and i get this bug.
This discussion has been closed.