test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• Options
    rerepete#2864 rerepete Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I was online with arc and able to login , but closed it off to help troubleshoot why my GF could not get in.

Upon restarting arc, it did a launcher update and now have the dreaded "unable to connect to authentication server" message.
  • Options
    eddiestormeddiestorm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Still having the same issue as of 3:36pm CST
  • Options
    beihaileybeihailey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Nope. Not working for me.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    cosmin996 said:

It worked now, everyone try and get in, I managed to get back

Nope :( Oh well, I'm going to bed, hope they extend the event...

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    At this point I'll just wait for tomorrow, and hope things are fixed when Iog on in the AM.
  • Options
    kittybelle#3734 kittybelle Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Launcher updated to new date, but same issue still occurring:

• Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Also getting it in the UK
  • Options
    lqpkin#0686 lqpkin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    It worth noting that while error message talks about imeout, it appears as fast as a few seconds after attempted login - way before any reasonable internet timeout.

Also, I tried to login from under TOR - same message.
  • Options
    markton55markton55 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Ditto: Same error message: :"Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" 4:40PM EST. Launcher did not update.
  • Options
    chrisb#7185 chrisb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    If you do get back in avoid changing character as this seems to kick you out. Ho hum, what fun!
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Same. Tried different option boxes on & off, safemode etc. Can't log in with steam. May be the launher update.
  • Options
    alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Still can't log in. Do we have to wait until next Mod?
  • Options
    durgan#5731 durgan Member Posts: 28 Arc User

Same. I logged on fine at 0330 this morning, came back a few hours later, and won't let me authenticate. 06-Feb-2019 Feed the hamsters, I have stuff to do. :pensive: Okay, part II: finally logged in with 3 toons, went to change to the 4th, kicked me to the logged out screen, now..I can't authenticate...again. Got better things to do, see ya'll later.

Part III: Well, at least they're consistent. After the 'oh mah gawd, we haz to do something' shutdown, I was able to log in. Logged off, went to go back in, got a message it was updating and now it won't let me back on. I'm a lil slow, guys, but honestly, if the relationship has ended, just tell me. I can take it. Really. Or, I could keep trying to log on like a psychopath stalker because my guild production sites need to be tended. Lemme know, m'kay?

• Options
    dreadulusdreadulus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    ddos attacks, is what I would guess is going on. Take down the server, and bring it back up. Force their connections to close, then trace. Good Luck
  • Options
    deanr3deanr3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here
  • Options
    finnyefinnye Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I could log in after this error but when I changed character I was thrown out and was again not able to log in.
  • Options
    misterriffstermisterriffster Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I had to re-authenticate the same laptop I have used for NW for 5 years, then got kicked out trying to change to another character and can't log back in.
  • Options
    rerepete#2864 rerepete Member Posts: 25 Arc User

I was online with arc and able to login , but closed it off to help troubleshoot why my GF could not get in.

Upon restarting arc, it did a launcher update and now have the dreaded "unable to connect to authentication server" message.

Edit: Tried Steam login. Same thing: Launcher update then authentication error.
  • Options
    Still down like four flat tires...
  • Options
    cosmin996cosmin996 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    Aaaaaand it kicked me out again, lol, I was in raq, my friends will hate me :disappointed:
  • Options
    wianpowianpo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same - Unable to connect to account server (3) - 10 min. ago it was "Unable to authenticate ..."
  • Options
    krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Just logged in today... had 1 connection time out before starting. Got in to 1 character, then went to change character screen and got booted to login. Constant failure of account server now.
  • Options
    zabojcadziwekzabojcadziwek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    :s :s :s :s :s :s :s Unable to connect the server time out ! Just cameback from work I need do my daily dungeons and guild quests and open my box I'm premium account what's going on I need my bless too I want login I can't after download update !
  • Options
    cosmin996cosmin996 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    Aaaaaand it kicked me out again, lol, I was in raq, my friends will hate me :disappointed:
  • Options
    jaylia#4441 jaylia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm also can't log in, though the server indicator is green. Had trouble with it earlier today, now post-maintenance I can't get in at all.
  • Options
    exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Again !
    2fv72Fw.png
  • Options
    zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User

It worth noting that while error message talks about imeout, it appears as fast as a few seconds after attempted login - way before any reasonable internet timeout.

Not just that, but if you enter an incorrect password it gives the same error, so it isn't even attempting to authenticate.
  • Options
    misterriffstermisterriffster Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is anyone working on this? I am unable to authenticate given the prompt.
  • Options
    cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    And I still am having the "unable to authenticate'
    What is the problem?

AFTER 7 times, i got on, but is it safe to play?

NM, 'unable to connect to account', FRUSTRATING is one safe word that comes to mind!!!!!!
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    kittybelle#3734 kittybelle Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hopefully they'll update us soon - stopped my main from leveling last night when I hit 69, so that I could hit a couple of quests today, pop 70, and my husband (who has a level 70) and I could run missions together tonight. :anguished:
This discussion has been closed.