test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• dingrongdingrong Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    i am not from Greece but i have same problem .. when can i join in again and will my SW get big DMG buff when i do?
  • luigixlluigixl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

There is an internet issue affecting players with certain ISPs in certain countries today. It's not exactly on Cryptic's end, so there isn't much they can do about it.

Just to let toy know that my connection as no problem and i can't login to the game so claiming here that is not to do with cryptic it's talking a bit too much...
  • gnireed#3298 gnireed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I started having this issue yesterday as well. The problem happened every time a queued event launched. The application would close out. When I restarted the game, I was prompted to start normally or safe. I selected normal each time and ended up in the queued event which started without me. Luckily I was able to catch up to the party and continue. I did not have any issue upon completion of the even going back to Enclave.
  • gex#0505 gex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here
  • eleeinoseleeinos Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I get the same thing, however, the weird thing is a friend on the same isp is in and playing.

If you were logged at the time of the "malfunction" and did not log out then you can play normally (just crossfinger to do not disconnect)....
  • rockybiscuit#7773 rockybiscuit Member Posts: 3 New User
    me as well
  • daante1daante1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here,im going back to ESO
  • yppo#1635 yppo Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Had trouble loging in, too. Couldn't connect to authentification server. Worked in 4th( or 5th?) try.
  • laracroft#6409 laracroft Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @spunkmeier said:
    > ...and it seems to be working literally seconds after I post.

probably for you tho but it aint seem to be working on my side and time is running out just like that
  • silvermaychan21silvermaychan21 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Me too :/
  • cosmicgurucosmicguru Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same
  • joachim#9556 joachim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    eleeinos said:

I get the same thing, however, the weird thing is a friend on the same isp is in and playing.

If you were logged at the time of the "malfunction" and did not log out then you can play normally (just crossfinger to do not disconnect)....
    I was logged on at the time of the "malfunction", but the game kicked me out when I went to change character. Having problems now like everyone else...

• klisiu14klisiu14 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    and me -.- whats goin on?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    If I got in I could stay.. but I was doing some alt runs through lairs and its impossible.. forget it.. will try again later.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    And I got it to work again, dunno what I did just opened and tried to sign into the launcher about 3-4 times and it worked
  • waglaf#2015 waglaf Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    glad it's not just me
  • silvermaychan21silvermaychan21 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User

And I got it to work again, dunno what I did just opened and tried to sign into the launcher about 3-4 times and it worked

This worked for me partly. Still didn't startup
  • langollerlangoller Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    can't get in because it doesn't authenticate or unable to connect, but the green light is on?
    I got in after a few tries as I've said but then saw I wasted my time cuz this is what I saw on-screen and in chatbox " [Admin] Attention Adventurers: The shard will be coming down for maintenance in 5 minutes. Thank you for playing Neverwinter. "
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Cryptic magic... blame it on some mysterious thing.
  • vandrakfaraohvandrakfaraoh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Here in Brazil, too.
    No connect. :/
  • underwmd#4202 underwmd Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I am an IT Professional. My ISP is not down, tracert shows that this is an issue on Cryptic's end. Cryptic needs to quit passing the buck and fix the issues.
  • fukyyyfukyyy Member Posts: 2 New User
    servers are down for next 2 hours so stay calm
  • waglaf#2015 waglaf Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    showing an emergency maintenance notice now
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Looked like 3 hours to me. Apparently all the hamsters got loose again.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • alcasaar#7232 alcasaar Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    server down again, hey korean brothers ???? !!!!!
  • ynoklys#7227 ynoklys Member Posts: 1 New User
    how long is it gonna takes ? why i can't play my favoruite game when i have time ? all the time same :/ yesterday i wanted to play it on ps4 = 15-17 shut down, today on PC same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ;( i'm sad and mad in one, why is this everyday ? do i rly need to buy Xbox to play when i want ? ;c
This discussion has been closed.