test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Preview Patch Notes: NW.105.20181121b.18

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Known Issues
In this build, Omin Dran doesn't appear in cutscenes, and his eyeballs are missing. Gross. We're fixing it ASAP, and will not push a build live with this issue.

Special - Preview Only
Tales of Old: Lair of the Mad Dragon is currently available on NeverwinterPreview! It will run from 2019-02-04 to 2019-02-11 at 7:00 a.m. PST, so please feel free to give us feedback!

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Acquisitions Incorporated
  • Retrieval Operation: Some hitches in the terrain have been smoothed out.
General
  • Fiery Pit: The Sword of Justice: When fighting General Fury, the arena barrier is now visible.
  • Stronghold: My Only Enemy is Time: Some tweaks have been made to how this quest notifies the player of progress.

Items and Economy
General
  • New Year's Boar: This mount can now properly be added to the stable if a player already has basic boar mount.
  • Tokens of Heroes now show up in the Wealth tab of the inventory.
  • The Leira fashion set now has appropriate icons.

Animation, Audio, Character Art, and Effects
Animation
  • After a visit to the dentist, the Yeti mount no longer loses a tooth when roaring.
Character Art
  • Glacial Scepter now properly sits at, not above, the Devoted Cleric's hip.
  • The colors on the Ghost's Longcoat have been smoothed to reduce the clashing of colors when using dye.
Visual Effects
  • Savage Pact Blade of the Many Arrows: Visual effects now show up on the full weapon instead of just the hilt.
  • Summoning the Legendary Swarm Mount no longer causes the screen to go completely black for a moment in certain locations.

Localization
General
  • Various fixes have been made for the French, German, Italian, and Russian locales.
Edit 2019-02-05 15:00 - Minor typo fix. (missing "how" in the "My Only Enemy is Time" quest note.)
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Nice to see the old dungeon back. Walked in and immediately got killed :lol: . I expected nothing less tbh, though, even as a 17.6 SW. It definitely won't be for the faint of heart. The $64k question will be, when the event is over, will Mad Dragon once again be available in leveling and epic form? If the answer is "no", I don't think that will go over well at all.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • phoeniraphoenira Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I tested it with a friend (tales of the old - liar of the mad dragon)

- Quest starts as wanted, no problems there
    - Time-Bonus Modifier (green hourglass) works as it should and adds more time (5min)
    - nice dungeon, great hidden chambers, I like it
    - the currency (Trinkets of Old) shows up as wanted in most of the chests in the dungeon (mostly 1 to 3 per chest) - BUT does not show up in the inventory or the store (Chest of Tales Old) (very frustrating, farming them to test the chest but all of them disappeared/never appeared in the inventory)
    - Life-Bonus Modifier (red heart) just disappears (after running into it) but does not get added to the remaining group lives
    - consumables can still be activated from the inventory (tested with major injury kit)

All in all a great dungeon, we had fun in there (we managed to beat the first round and could progress to the second round and died during the second round too many times)

(And it would be great if the dungeon gets added to the 'normal' dungeons after the event is over!)
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    So yeah, did the same walked in with an 18K SW and got smashed. Was awesome though, managed to take out a couple of the first mobs but there were two that just one shot me. No matter the buffs. So this is good, no walk in the park.

I'll get back in there with some guildies and see how far we get.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
    I did it with a friend

It was pretty awesome, nice dungeon, good hidden chambers, etc...

We managed to complete the first round (first difficulty) and continued to the second round (second difficulty) and died too many times. The second try we just did the first round (first difficulty) and leaved afterwards through the portal in the area where you can decide to continue or end the tale.

Found bugs:
    - The currency trinkets of the old appear in most of the chests in the dungeon. But they do not(!) appear in the inventory and do not appear at the merchant (Chest of Tales Old)! (pretty frustrating to run the dungeon and not be able to purchase the chest to examine the loot...)
    - The life and time modifier bonus (red heart and green hourglass) do appear throughout the dungeon and work in the first run/first difficulty (and add 1 live or 5 min). But in the second difficulty/second round the life modifier bonus does not work (adds no lifes after it should have activated!
    - I don't know if it is intended but I only got Coins of Tales Old after leaving after the first round/difficulty through the portal. The first try where my team continued to make the second round/difficulty and after we died we did not get even one coin and did not complete the quest. But we did complete the quest the first time I talked to the bard before even being in the dungeon (and got a coin before I was in the dungeon).
    I did it with a friend

It was pretty awesome, nice dungeon, good hidden chambers, etc... (but unfortunately some bugs had been found as well...)

We managed to complete the first round (first difficulty) and continued to the second round (second difficulty) and died too many times. The second try we just did the first round (first difficulty) and leaved afterwards through the portal in the area where you can decide to continue or end the tale.

Found bugs:
    - The currency trinkets of the old appear in most of the chests in the dungeon. But they do not(!) appear in the inventory and do not appear at the merchant (Chest of Tales Old)! (pretty frustrating to run the dungeon and not be able to purchase the chest to examine the loot...)
    - The life and time modifier bonus (red heart and green hourglass) do appear throughout the dungeon and work in the first run/first difficulty (and add 1 live or 5 min). But in the second difficulty/second round the life modifier bonus does not work (adds no lifes after it should have activated!
    - I don't know if it is intended but I only got Coins of Tales Old after leaving after the first round/difficulty through the portal. The first try where my team continued to make the second round/difficulty and after we died we did not get even one coin and did not complete the quest. But we did complete the quest the first time I talked to the bard before even being in the dungeon (and got a coin before I was in the dungeon).
    edited February 2019
    Decided to bring my tanky HR to preview. Getting a group wasn't possible so I went in alone. Glad I was carrying a ton of mass life scrolls. Some semi-random thoughts:

- "Limited consumables" needs better explanation. It appears to mean "no consumables".
    - If I fire Disruptive Shot at a critter's head, I don't expect it to still unerringly run after me as if guided by GPS. It's supposed to be **stunned**.
    - - Got in a group and did a run. It goes a lot easier with 2 OPs and 2 GWFs, and if you're invited to a guild with rank 20 boons. Still, 135 coins/day to get a fabled chapter seems excessive with only one coin per dungeon run.
    - Please increase the cooldown on the tabaxi's dialogue. We were looking for a roll of duct tape to mute him!
    - The time limit will severely discourage exploration and this dungeon has several side areas. Strongly recommend a version that doesn't have a time limit.
    - From what I was hearing ingame, people are fully expecting this dungeon to be available outside of this event again, as it was before.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    edited February 2019
    I run Tales of the Old again with a premade group from my guild

We managed to beat all 5 rounds/difficulties and found other bugs as well, unfortunately. The difficulty with the various effects was rather challenging, but possible, I liked it!

additional found bugs:
    - after we started round 3 I could not interact with most of the chests. My group mates reported the same. Some could loot the chest, some not, and some chests nobody could loot.:/
    - the prison rooms with the small hallway inbetween (and one possible chest) were buggy! Two of my group got trapped in one room because the doors closed after they entered it. They could not leave anymore and had to use the kill me feature...

recommended feedback:
    - it would be great if we could change loadouts in the area between two rounds (the area where people can decide to continue their tale (and therefore increase their difficulty) or leave their tale and return to PE)

@hustin1 as far as I know you can only get 45 coins per day (at least my event tracker said 35/45 per day)
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the feedback all, forwarded it on!
    edited February 2019
    - Some of the bard's dialogue refers to Hrimnir instead of to Charfilifax. This was confusing.

- Somehow, someone's companion managed to aggro Chartilifax before we had entered. It didn't prevent us from entering the final room, but it did mean that we all had to immediately dodge a huge splat attack. The dragon's claws were locked around the sides of the entrance as if he was trying to tear it open. Looking back I should have taken a screenshot.

- Someone accidentally fell off into the void and it put him all the way back at the start of the dungeon. He had a very long run to catch up to the rest of us who were waiting to fight Chartilifax.

- The bar graph on the quest tracker counts up to 135 coins. How long does the event last? I'm not sure that most people could amass that much in an entire year.

- I think you really should rethink how we enter the dungeon. While it will allegedly scale players up to 16k, in reality players below some sort of general-consensus item level will have zero chance to enter. The only way to enter is with a premade party and it's not realistic to expect that people will want to bring along someone with low item level unless they're partying up within their guild or alliance. People in small guilds or not in guilds who aren't already at endgame strength won't have any realistic chance to participate. Bear in mind that I'm not making a statement about how people should behave, but how, in my experience, they *will*.
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    When talking to Nipsy in PE, previewing the bard's regalia shows text for Battlefield Medic's Ensemble and nothing actually shows up.

Option two when talking to Nipsy after asking "How do I earn currency?" references "Coins of Stories Told" but everywhere else it reads "Coins of Tales Told"

Also not sure if this is WAI or not - I entered the dungeon (alone) just to see the lives requirements and time limit and all that, waited for the countdown and then wandered to see what actually started the timer. After getting killed in seconds by the first group (again I was alone) I exited the dungeon through the door and all was good. Back in Protectors, the stein was sparkling again and I accidentally hit F to enter again. Once it loaded I immediately exited as I didn't really want to be in there again, and exited before the countdown finished. I'm now not able to enter it again on that character.

I'm really excited to get the vanity pet and have a mini dragon follow me around, so while we're on this topic... any thought for a separate storage area for Vanity pets as it seems to be the new thing? We have one for comps/mounts why not the cute little guys that follow us around?
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    If a SNR or random disconnect occurs during the Tales of Old dungeon run, the player is placed back in PE when he logs back into the game. No way of rejoining the run is an issue that's been there since Barovian hunts.
    This needs a fix asap.
    edited February 2019
    Got a bunch of our alliance members and did another run. It was easier than I expected it to be and allowed us to fully explore the entire dungeon.

- Towards the end of the dungeon, when you knock the stone down to gain access to the elevated side area, the avalanche sound FX never ends. It goes on forever and ever.

- None of the Trinkets of Old we looted wound up in our inventory after the run (and we successfully finished the dungeon). The counter was at 0.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Why does the event tooltip say the event is for all? Seems like the mobs are already scaled to 16k so kinda kills the point of an event for all.
  • joqueras84#8733 joqueras84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Played with 2xOP 1x GWF and 1xDC , 1xHR all 17k+ we finished with no problems 5x rounds, took us over 1h, like other said event currency trinkets of old are bugged i had 0 afther we finished it, and looted some from chests.

The event is kinda easy, expected to be more harder.We had 0 problems with lifes, time, can you make it harder pls :).For endgame players is not an challange at all.For example when tong , codg, cr where introduced they were much harder than this and they did not required 16 k itl.
    I honestly expected to be some real challange there, but i guess real challange is for begginers and 13-16 k players. For 16k + players with decent team is just an matter of time to complete dungeon.

Afther we finished 5x difficulty i got arround 32 coins so to reach the daily cap i must run again? 5x difficulty is maximum or we can get more?
    We get coins only first run?
    Ty.

Okay, so I put together a group and we ran it a couple of times. Nothing new as far as bugs go, others have mentioned what we ran into, no coins being the main one.

Feedback wise, this was a great and fun dungeon to run. For an OP meta party that is just mowing everything down (and dead boring) it may be just the same as running etos over and over, but for the rest of us this is a great dungeon. And it is a new dungeon for most of us so that was even better.

Add it to the dungeon queue!
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Please, for the love of god reduce how often that bard repeats his one damn line. Just standing there for 5 mins and I wanted to hang myself by the wrinkly undercarriage because that seemed more entertaining.
    edited February 2019

Played with 2xOP 1x GWF and 1xDC , 1xHR all 17k+

Of course it's "too easy" for such a group. Trying to be the top 1% all the time means just that -- you're playing a game that also has to cater to the other 99% -- the ones keeping the lights on.

I have plenty of alts who are 17k+. I use them to help alliance members who aren't.

Add it to the dungeon queue!

THIS. Mod 6 took the dungeon away at a time when it was available both in leveling form and epic form for anyone who wanted to run it. That black mark won't be fully erased until the missing dungeons have been fully restored to that status.

Please, for the love of god reduce how often that bard repeats his one damn line. Just standing there for 5 mins and I wanted to hang myself by the wrinkly undercarriage because that seemed more entertaining.

The Wondrous Bazaar needs to start selling rolls of duct tape. I desperately wanted to tape that tabaxi's mouth shut after the first 100 times he said that line. It's not as if we can enter this dungeon out of earshot.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Run this thing yesterday with a "normal group" (between 14 and 17k). The Bosses seem to weak to me, there are some big ads that last longer then the first/ second boss. Id suggest u tune up the boss HP by maybe x5 or more. Otherwhise i quite like the event :)
    Post edited by tom#6998 on
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Does the dragon actually do anything different? Because there's nothing remotely dangerous about stock dragons now. Even back then the dragon wasn't that big of a deal.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Confirming feedback collected & forwarded along up to this point. Thanks again all!
    I would love to see some bosses with immunities. Not just DR but actual immunities. Immunity to cold for White Dragons, immunity to Fire for Red dragons that type of thing. Immunity to Magical Weapons, that would be awesome. Make having multiple classes relevant again.
This discussion has been closed.