test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 15 pvp Archer - The Archer Strikes Back. (Final gear update).

124ยป

Comments

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    @wdj40 I hear you, powers and classes balance is as off as it can be so players resort to whatever they can to get kills and brag about them haha.

Do you remember Infernal Spheres? I tried them shortly after writing my posts ealier on with a paladin friend to see whether it was broken yet and guess what, my paladin friend's hp literary got shreded, basically I cast Warlock's Curse on him, hit him with 1 Hellish Rebuke then he hit me and basically dropped dead like within 2 seconds, I checked combat log and found out he got hit hundreds if not thousands of times by weird procs (I checked Combat Log, held LS up for a while and logs about that kept appearing)
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
    edited February 2019
    > @jonkoca said:
    > An example is an SW called Grimwrath. He zooms out of nowhere, grasps me, then bombards me with a million mini-hits of something after summoning that green pillar under my feet, all at lightspeed. And even when I break free and run allllll the way across the map, I die of dots. He also heals like crazy while doing all this. I can kill him only if I'm 80 feet away, and he's busy doing the same thing to someone else.

Oh? It sounds like he's abusing Infernal Spheres, they're broken as helll in pvp (they hit wayyyyy more times than they should and it looks like they cause damsge loops as well) Have you checked if he's using a prominence enchantment by the way? If so, report him, it's a crazy broken set up, only players desperate for kills sink that low to achieve that.
    Infernal Spheres look liky tiny green balls floating around the warlock, when you damage him, you get bombarded by them.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

An example is an SW called Grimwrath. He zooms out of nowhere, grasps me, then bombards me with a million mini-hits of something after summoning that green pillar under my feet, all at lightspeed. And even when I break free and run allllll the way across the map, I die of dots. He also heals like crazy while doing all this. I can kill him only if I'm 80 feet away, and he's busy doing the same thing to someone else.

Dude this is every SW on the xbox... Much like the TR where they are all just the same.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    @wdj40 not me ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Earlier on I saw a 12k sw bragging about killing Barraka with that glitch lol.

@wdj40 not me ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜Ž

Earlier on I saw a 12k sw bragging about killing Barraka with that glitch lol.

Yeah nearly all players cheese this game its so sad :(

You have invincible TR and CW going 20-0 or so in every game... SW glitching lagging the game up and getting tons of kills... Immune builds I have given video evidence to the dev's this one is that bad... GF reflecting 1000's of hits and double KV if these stick with an SW or OP its game over if you go near... GFW like the Flash 1 to 3 node in 0.2secs and able to 1 shot but at least can be killed... an unkillable DC but dont give team 2 any heals at all, in fact sometimes it 2 heals v none...

Now add the ability to stun to death and its just a cheese fest on the X1 :(
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    On the bright side, 6k kills and counting...๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    No idea what my toon is now.
    edited February 2019
    Don't know if anyone's tried but I experimented with a combat advantage build over the last few days.

Equipping the Warden's chest from the Bovarian hunts, (great for crit btw. 2000+), which summons a ranged 'companion' when you start combat, and using aspect of the pack, I was able to get auto-cmbt adv. for the initial rush on mid, as well as whenever I had a teamate close by.

I have about 10% cmbt adv. bonus plus the usual 15% = 25% critsev. afaik.

Tbh. didn't seem to make much of a difference damage wise, but I have about 180% critsev anyway, it might make more of a difference if you're running with a feytouched though.

I've gone back to Magic Lord's Surcoat and seekers vengeance, but just a heads' up.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Don't know if anyone's tried but I experimented with a combat advantage build over the last few days.

Equipping the Warden's chest from the Bovarian hunts, (great for crit btw. 2000+), which summons a ranged 'companion' when you start combat, and using aspect of the pack, I was able to get auto-cmbt adv. for the initial rush on mid, as well as whenever I had a teamate close by.

Tbh. didn't seem to make much of a difference damage wise, but I have about 180% critsev anyway, it might make more of a difference if you're running with a feytouched though.

I've gone back to Magic Lord's Surcoat and seekers vengeance, but just a heads' up.

CA bonus can be way bigger then that, 15% base, 10% from stat. score ( usually at least 4+%) all that x 1.1 from boon. my pally gets 44% CA bonus. also there is CA bonus insignia that gives 5% upon using disable ( daily ). with ease you can get 38%.
    edited February 2019
    jonkoca said:

you could hop on prev, grab feytouched and do good ol testing dread vs fey+ca setup.
    P.S with testing weapons.
    Ok I hopped on preview, tested everything and I'm right and I won a free clown.

Note. Some or all of the above may have only a tenuous connection to the truth.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    This past weekend was entertaining. Blew up a lot of toons and was surprised how easy it was to knock off those that were difficult in the prior Mod. Its awesome how fast a TR will now drop. Most toons were 2-3 banged.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • sandfox#5862 sandfox Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    @jonkoca nice update.

A couple questions:

- Overload Enchants: Slayer overloads give you 10%+ dmg buff. If you fight dps CW and SW, for example, and you need to melt them before they melt you, that's a big advantage. Since you can get ArmPen and Deflect from other sources, seems like a waste to slot overloads for stat points. Since you've played with both, your thoughts?
    - Encounters: You mentioned you're using Hawkeye? So you using that instead of Ambush? You might want to explicitly specify your encounters on the build page.
    - Weapon Enchant: I haven't seen any discussion about why the switch from Vorpal to Dread. Not saying it's wrong, just curious as to the justification. I'm assuming that since you're using Hawkeye and Dread, you changed your build to max dmg from Commanding Shot instead of Aimed Shot? So Wheel -> Hawkeye -> LSS -> Disruptive -> Commanding -> Aimed Shot?

Did you do any tests to see how much dmg the 25% Crit Sev increase to Commanding Shot offsets the 55% Crit Sev loss from Aimed Shot?

Dread gives a nice Defense debuff, but with 17+k ArmPen, does the debuff have any noticeable effect?
    > @wdj40 said:
    > @wdj40 not me ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜Ž
    >
    > Earlier on I saw a 12k sw bragging about killing Barraka with that glitch lol.
    >
    > Yeah nearly all players cheese this game its so sad :(
    >
    > You have invincible TR and CW going 20-0 or so in every game... SW glitching lagging the game up and getting tons of kills... Immune builds I have given video evidence to the dev's this one is that bad... GF reflecting 1000's of hits and double KV if these stick with an SW or OP its game over if you go near... GFW like the Flash 1 to 3 node in 0.2secs and able to 1 shot but at least can be killed... an unkillable DC but dont give team 2 any heals at all, in fact sometimes it 2 heals v none...
    >
    > Now add the ability to stun to death and its just a cheese fest on the X1 :(

Yeah, unfortunately, our fellow xbox players tend to go hardcore cheap pos mode in pvp just so they can farm kills and/feed their egos, it sucks big time. What's more baffling is that they not only actually think they're good at the game, they also brag about their coward and cheap builds ๐Ÿค”
    edited February 2019
    @sandfox. I've been trying to find that "one size fits all" build. That, and I ran out of guild marks getting the magic lord gear. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. At the moment yes, you're right, overload slots would probably be better off being filled with slayer marks vs. Cws/Sws. I'll add that into the OP.

I switched to Dread this mod initially thinking the arpen boost would be useful. I found in tests that it's not that great against serious tanks, and having a decent amount of arpen is still necessary. However the extra critsev is what makes it shine, because it "front-loads" your damage onto your initial 3 encounters, leaving aimed shot as a fall-back gap filler/movement buff. This cuts your rotation, time wise, down quite a bit, which leaves you more time to move around, and less time for any enemies to work out where you are. Which saves your life. Gave up on commanding shot completely, too damn long, and the animation with the stag just gives away where you are.

Class features are still aspect of the falcon, with that feated on offhand, and I waver between seekers and aspect of the lone wolf these days for the other.

Post edited by jonkoca on
    edited February 2019
    I think it depends what Boon your Guild has when it comes to Slayer and Wards etc. For instance my Guild does not have the Slayer Boon otherwise I would equip it etc.

But it does have the Wards Boon for an extra 10% on top of the 10% the wards actually give you. So I just chose whatever 2 classes are giving me the most trouble that Mod and equip those 2 wards.

Sometimes I go double Red Glyph or Black for a few extra hits of damage.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • sandfox#5862 sandfox Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Gave up on commanding shot completely, too damn long, and the animation with the stag just gives away where you are.

I never used Commanding for this reason. The long animation: 1) makes it easy to dodge 2) makes you a sitting duck 3) is easily interrupted.

It hits like a truck and provides a nice debuff, but you should be running enough ArmPen to not need the debuff; and because of the long animation, unless you're sniping from a distance without anyone targeting you, it's almost unusable. I fight on nodes 1v1, even with my Glass Canon build, so Commanding is like saying "please send me to the campfire now". (My playstyle is aggressive, in-your-face shoot n' scoot--I don't like to run/kite.)

I haven't tried Hawkeye + Hawk Shot + Dread in Mod 15 with the new changes. Looks interesting.
    wdj40 said:

Overload enchants don't stack. Two of the same type is a waste.

jonkoca said:

Gave up on commanding shot completely, too damn long, and the animation with the stag just gives away where you are.

I never used Commanding for this reason. The long animation: 1) makes it easy to dodge 2) makes you a sitting duck 3) is easily interrupted.

It hits like a truck and provides a nice debuff, but you should be running enough ArmPen to not need the debuff; and because of the long animation, unless you're sniping from a distance without anyone targeting you, it's almost unusable. I fight on nodes 1v1, even with my Glass Canon build, so Commanding is like saying "please send me to the campfire now". (My playstyle is aggressive, in-your-face shoot n' scoot--I don't like to run/kite.)

I haven't tried Hawkeye + Hawk Shot + Dread in Mod 15 with the new changes. Looks interesting.
    wdj40 said:

Overload enchants don't stack. Two of the same type is a waste.

No they dont stack, but they do give you 100% uptime when you equip 2... So not a waste
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    100% uptime at a 25% chance to proc...
    The Legendary Outlaws
    I think they autoproc if they're off cooldown actually. The 25% is the usual tooltip madness.
    edited February 2019
    If that is the case then they are of some value. I am starving for recovery. There were only a few situations where I could have used more Recovery.

I thought the Mane was deactivated in PvP, at least that is what I wanted to hear. And the drains, wow, if you must have them use them cause I can deal with it. And is it me or have controls increased this mod.

I ran with my favorite GF, Barraka, and I was able to one shot-two when near him. Should have clipped them all. We had a good laugh. Sorry Ariki!

More concerning was forgetting to change the profile on my controller and the BO4 muscle memory. Kept trying to heal myself after every hit.

On my first day back I tried my Trapper and it was garbage, only used it against another really good Trapper (Tyler, I think) but subsequent matches I stayed Archie. Bye bye traps since I don't plan to farm for better gear with ArmPen when there are too many other games to play, BO4, PUBG, Apex Legends, and very soon Anthem and Black Desert.

The Legendary Outlaws

If that is the case then they are of some value. I am starving for recovery. There were only a few situations where I could have used more Recovery.

I thought the Mane was deactivated in PvP, at least that is what I wanted to hear. And the drains, wow, if you must have them use them cause I can deal with it. And is it me or have controls increased this mod.

I ran with my favorite GF, Barraka, and I was able to one shot-two when near him. Should have clipped them all. We had a good laugh. Sorry Ariki!

More concerning was forgetting to change the profile on my controller and the BO4 muscle memory. Kept trying to heal myself after every hit.

On my first day back I tried my Trapper and it was garbage, only used it against another really good Trapper (Tyler, I think) but subsequent matches I stayed Archie. Bye bye traps since I don't plan to farm for better gear with ArmPen when there are too many other games to play, BO4, PUBG, Apex Legends, and very soon Anthem and Black Desert.

yea i had a duel with a HR on mod 15 preview, and it was pathetic how weak it was :/ . When you mentioned it, GF complements HR perfectly, with CA that archer doesnt get, commander +40% for hawkshot and +30/35% from itf on top of possibely pin/debuff enchant, he could propably up your dmg by around 120-150% seeing as Koca lands 100k+ hits on me in 1v1, 2v1 like that would end with 1 shot, dead. Yet meanwhile people try to 4v1 me and whine im unkillable xd
    Yes anyhoo the Overload Slot items you buy in the SH do not stack or give more uptime if you equip multiple... But the old Greater Red or Black Glyphs do. If you equip 1 of each different type it works out as 33% uptime, but if you equip 2 of the same type you get 100% uptime but ends up costly at 2hrs combat time each.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    edited February 2019
    Well... Seems next mod will be a bit of a game-changer. Either way, with the cap on crit, this build will be dead in the water. I've already traded my u.dread in for a feytouched, as I've a feeling both vorpal and dread will be out of fashion fairly soon, which has decreased my damage in pvp, so I think I'll call it a day for this mod.

Highest killing HR on PC this mod by an absolute mile. Was a lot of fun. And let's hope mod16 brings a bit more life into neverwinter pvp.

Thanks for watching.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Well... Seems next mod will be a bit of a game-changer. Either way, with the cap on crit, this build will be dead in the water. I've already traded my u.dread in for a feytouched, as I've a feeling both vorpal and dread will be out of fashion fairly soon, which has decreased my damage in pvp, so I think I'll call it a day for this mod.

Highest killing HR on PC this mod by an absolute mile. Was a lot of fun. And let's hope mod16 brings a bit more life into neverwinter pvp.

Thanks for watching.

all builds will be dead in the water. no more feat trees. just one tree 2 paragons. and I think it's just a few choices. basically all builds on mmo minds and what not everywhere.. need to be deleted.