test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Feast of Lanterns Feedback

pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
edited February 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
Just a couple of things I'd like to bring up.

Since mod 15 with the workshop quests and now with FoL, the quest givers UI closes as soon as you turn in a quest, even if they are now offering another quest. This should be changed and the quest giver interactions made the same as in previous modules.

The sound of fireworks in PE is a bit too much. It's louder near the Hall of Justice, obviously. However there isn't anywhere one can actually escape from it. I foresee spending the coming week with my headphones off, when in the enclave.
"We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
Post edited by pitshade on

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I kept confusing some of the firework noise as puppy noises and kept looking for puppies that weren't there. :( My hearing isn't great anyway, and this just made it worse.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    It isn't possible to pet Mini Frastr.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Typo: when you approach any of the fledglings, the blurb that appears reads "fledling".

@nitocris83
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    What are the potential rewards of this event? New buff food, an augment companion and a 2-insignia mount, that's it? Isn't there anything else? Can we get Yojimbo from playing or only from Zen Store?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    May be the volume I use is low because I don't hear much about the firework and just enough to hear the puppy nearby. Without the puppy whining sound, I would not be able to find it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Bit of a missed opportunity to have a fashion set and weapon transmutes here.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Having chinese new year in Neverwinter looked interesting but what failure they made of it.

The only interesting rewards are in the cash shop, the mortars quest involving competition between players is pathetic and they didn't even make any fashion or transmute item.

A complete fiasco.
    Post edited by artifleur on
  • Options
    Well, since they removed the cooldown on the mortars, non-issue.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Ahh that must have happened after I went to bed as PE chat was going mental about it!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Quest: "Red Envelops"

We'd better find this miscreant Red and put a stop to him enveloping people, and fast.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    Rewards are sort of meh. I didn't pay much attention to the buff foods because I rarely bother with them. Boar mount is ok but not much different than summer model. Pet is an augment. Has new 'super' stat active like the skeleton etc... but armor pen isn't that hard to get.

However the quests take no time so if the returns aren't great, neither is the effort.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    greywynd said:

When did they remove the cooldown? Last I saw it was a 3 minute cooldown. And that's the behaviour I observed in PE last night before going to bed at 19:00 US Central.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    The mortars were indeed fixed, that's cool.

I must admit that I overlooked the boar shoat because it was an augment, the active bonus is pretty strong for new players.

I now have 3 pig/boar mounts, that's cool too.

A couple asian weapon transmutes would have been nice (I'm sure a katana transmute for gwifs would have been an instant best-seller) but it's not so bad after all.
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    I agree that some transmutes would be awesome, and some fashion. I wonder what a metal DB would look like in some Far East garb...

Additionally, could the market include a slider bar to purchase more than 1 item at a time?
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options

When did they remove the cooldown? Last I saw it was a 3 minute cooldown. And that's the behaviour I observed in PE last night before going to bed at 19:00 US Central.

When they restarted the game at 3 PM PT.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    greywynd said:

When they restarted the game at 3 PM PT.
    Well, since I had the quest last night when I checked this out, why was I unable to interact with any of the mortars? I visited all of them and none of them were interactable. And there wasn't a soul nearby, either.

EDIT: And 15:00 PT is 17:00 CT, and I tried this just before going to bed at 19:00 CT (17:00 PT). So the servers had already been up for two hours.
  • Options
    Can't tell you. Worked perfectly fine for me the 2 times I did it after they restarted.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I'd been hoping for some samurai fashion, but just the companion apparantly.

But still, nice to see an unexpected new event, so thumbs up.😃
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Quest: "Red Envelops"

We'd better find this miscreant Red and put a stop to him enveloping people, and fast.

Why are you assuming Red is a him?
  • Options
    malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Really hope one of the devs sees this, because I have an idea for the mount and companion for next years event. Next year is the year of the rat. Soooo, the mount should be a Swarm of Cranium Rats that you either surf on, or that use telekinesis to levitate you above them (thinking an animation similar to the whirlwind). For the companion, a single Cranium Rat augment companion.
  • Options

Really hope one of the devs sees this, because I have an idea for the mount and companion for next years event. Next year is the year of the rat. Soooo, the mount should be a Swarm of Cranium Rats that you either surf on, or that use telekinesis to levitate you above them (thinking an animation similar to the whirlwind). For the companion, a single Cranium Rat augment companion.

Or a Sewer Rat Guard that carries you around like the yeti does.
  • Options
    lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @wintersmoke said:
    > Quest: "Red Envelops"
    >
    > We'd better find this miscreant Red and put a stop to him enveloping people, and fast.
    >
    > Why are you assuming Red is a him?

Um...because he saw Shawshank?
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I have to say, this event could have had some really great weapon transmutes .... missed opportunity (Maybe you can add it for next year?).

Also, it would have been nice if there was some way to get (maybe a green version) of the Yojimbo companion. Make it a very rare drop from something .... but make it available. Having him available only in the zen store is kind of off-putting to many people.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 186 Arc User
    Reasons why I skip this event:
    - Rewards are not interesting for me, even new players can get better things out of the AH after a short time.
    - boring, not fun to play
    - Protectors Enclave is too laggy for me to play properly, because of that, I don´t like events taking part only in PE.
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User

> @wintersmoke said:

> Quest: "Red Envelops"

>

> We'd better find this miscreant Red and put a stop to him enveloping people, and fast.

>

> Why are you assuming Red is a him?

Um...because he saw Shawshank?

I assumed he was a fan of That 70s show.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Agreed. I am enjoying the new event. The lanterns are very pretty, and I like the thought put into the cowardly dogs. I used to have a poor pooch that would have the same reaction to thunderstorms.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited February 2019

jonkoca said:

Agreed. I am enjoying the new event. The lanterns are very pretty, and I like the thought put into the cowardly dogs. I used to have a poor pooch that would have the same reaction to thunderstorms.
    I think that symbolizes year of dog is going and year of pig is coming. So, will we pet the pig next year? :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I have to say, this event could have had some really great weapon transmutes .... missed opportunity (Maybe you can add it for next year?).

Transmutes, as a whole, was a missed opportunity.
    Especially the miko fashion outfit on the Event crier, but it's unavailable to buy or earn.

Mod 17 confirmed Kara-Tur?

• Options
    The fireworks are giving me PTSD...
  • Options
    Play deaf when in PE.