test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you have any hopes for M16?

So now that M16 is inevitably getting closer, and after M15 which was I believe what you call a token mod to fill the gap between proper releases, how do you feel about M16?

I had a faint glimmer of hope in me when I heard they're asking players to test the game, in hopes of expanding their betatest team in some way, but then I remembered M12.5 and then I hoped I would forget M12.5 because that nerf fest was brilliantly... HAMSTER.
And the more I think of it, and the changes they have to introduce in M16 to breathe some life into the game, the more I realize they've probably forgotten the history, and are about to repeat it.

So as I sit here, accidentally crossing my legs and possibly castrating myself, I've been getting more sad about the state of the game. I've invested quite a few hours into it, and it really bothers me.

I do hope to see the changelog soon as I've got a lotta time to test things myself, for myself. Balance has never been a strong suite here, and bugs don't help either.

Anyhoo, it's a shame. The game has a lotta potential with the perfect timing meta, because it actually requires skill, and not just endlessly holding 1 button and popping whatever ya got off cooldown like other MMORPGs.

Toodles.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Lots of hope.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Not at all.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Little hope.

I only want to know if mod16 brings in a new class or not.

Deep down I know it doesn't, but I'm trying to keep hope.
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    personally i lost hope in this game long ago am just waiting for a future module that would be a repeat of mod 6 or worse to leave the game for good ^^ not sure what are you people expecting or hoping for after all these years of being unheard
    in a nutshell the company and developers don't care about us or our opinion
    they are just getting paid thier salaries to do what top brass wants them to do or whaever
    so yeah 0 hope for this game i just play for feeling & time i put into it and my friends
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

personally i lost hope in this game long ago am just waiting for a future module that would be a repeat of mod 6 or worse to leave the game for good ^^ not sure what are you people expecting or hoping for after all these years of being unheard
    in a nutshell the company and developers don't care about us or our opinion
    they are just getting paid thier salaries to do what top brass wants them to do or whaever
    so yeah 0 hope for this game i just play for feeling & time i put into it and my friends

There's a certain change I'm dreading, and if it happens, I will just outright quit the game.
  • feioso123feioso123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I believe deep down we all have a tiny sliver of hope for this game, else nobody would bother to even check the forums for news/announcements...
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    feioso123 said:

I believe deep down we all have a tiny sliver of hope for this game, else nobody would bother to even check the forums for news/announcements...

I suppose so. I seen a dozen characters named Hope lately. It's turning into a Drizzt plague.
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Lots of hope.

I am sure, whatever M16 will bring, i will find a way to enjoy it with my friends here in the game.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    no hope. at this point in playing the game I'm not actively doing anything that is thinking a year in advance anymore. this game may have a few more years left.. or it may not. the way they are handling it inspires no confidence though. there is a very big gap from what the player wants and what the player actually gets here. like others have said elsewhere, they've lost what makes it fun. coupled with terrible communication with the customer. it's not a good combo
    edited February 2019
    Never know. Maybe Tales of Old will eventually lead to multi tiered dungeons, to solve the few options endgame issue currently. That's one positive addition that's within their ability.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Will have to wait and see what kind of meal they put in front of us - Grilled Salmon or Gravy Train.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

What's wrong with you people?
    Guy above me mentioned pvp - instant reaction is 'LOL', and this is happening in almost every thread related to pvp, bunch of pve trolls want to discredit pvp feedback.
    Back to the topic, i have little but still some hope to balance classes around pvp, pve balance is useless - simple, cause usually you go with 5 man group and every class will bring something to team - no need to balance whole group.

TBH I think it's too late to salvage pvp. They have created way too many things that counteract balance. From insignias to everything in between.

They never even bothered to add new pvp maps.....

10 vs 10 pvp was pretty interesting back in the day, when things were more simple.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    ghoulz66 said:

What's wrong with you people?
    Guy above me mentioned pvp - instant reaction is 'LOL', and this is happening in almost every thread related to pvp, bunch of pve trolls want to discredit pvp feedback.
    Back to the topic, i have little but still some hope to balance classes around pvp, pve balance is useless - simple, cause usually you go with 5 man group and every class will bring something to team - no need to balance whole group.

TBH I think it's too late to salvage pvp. They have created way too many things that counteract balance. From insignias to everything in between.

They never even bothered to add new pvp maps.....

10 vs 10 pvp was pretty interesting back in the day, when things were more simple.
    I always have hope about new mods. Sometimes there is backsliding, like reintroducing the Black Ice mechanic in the form of voninblood (people didn't like armor that required batteries in mod 3 either). I also think the devs have learned that dialing difficulty up to 11 and forcing players through a mind-numbing, story-less, 204-quest vigilance-laden monstrosity like Elemental Evil goes over like a lead balloon -- though, granted, we're still recovering from that blunder in the form of missing items, missing dungeons, and many missing epic dungeons. Hopefully they've also learned that introducing a level cap increase right after introducing BiS gear that requires superhero levels of grinding to acquire doesn't go over well at all -- especially after you take alts into account. People value their time and don't appreciate being made to feel as if it was wasted right afterwards.

As for PvP, my problem isn't the PvP -- it's the PvP'ers. I don't PvP, but it's usually pretty obvious when playing PvE content when you run across a hardcore PvP'er (just what is it about wearing out your spacebar? Do you know how ridiculous that looks?) Over five years, I would say that nearly every time someone has acted in an openly callous, elitist, or condescending manner toward me or other players (e.g. sneaking in and stealing quest objectives that we are clearly fighting enemies to be able to access, speedrunning leveling dungeons while actual low-level players are struggling to keep up -- or worse, running past enemies in said dungeons so that low-level players have an even harder time clearing them -- and yes, AFK'ing through content then filling up their chat bar with "quit QQ'ing", "lolz n00b", etc.) it has always been observed to come from someone seemingly a hardcore PvP'er. Add in the countless times I've seen someone start the "lolz n00b, l2p, haha you use XYZ power" smack -- inspection of their gear and guild affiliation leads to -- wait for it -- a hardcore PvP'er 90% of the time. These have been my observations over five years.

I don't think PvP should be removed from the game. I do, however, think the PvP and PvE cultures should be kept completely separate -- PvP, IMHO, should only exist on a separate shard. I think PvP itself simply attracts many players with a different mentality -- one that I all too often observe to be selfish, condescending, elitist, and callous. I don't know if it's common to all PvP'ers -- but I DO know that the vast, vast majority of the time, it has come from players whose gear (and especially guild affiliation) scream "hardcore PvP'er".

There. I've kicked over the anthill. That nonetheless is my opinion on PvP in the game. I lead my guild and it is the helm of my alliance, and I have a responsibility to look out for the players within. I'm sick of seeing my members abused by a handful of malcontents.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
    ^That's what i'm talking about, with small difference - your target was pvp'ers, not pvp feedback.
    Seriously nobody forcing you to go pvp if your ego is too fragile to handle typical pvp trashtalk, but as long pvp exist in this game we can talk about balancing it, and nobody should interrupt it.
    Also you talk something about our personalities, but look, we pvp'ers don't troll pve threads, are we?
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I have hope for the game. Misguided hope? Sure. Do the dev's listen? I think so. Whether they act on what they are hearing is another matter. Can they act on what they hear? Probably not. At least not if they want to keep their jobs. I've been playing for a couple of years and over that time I have seen a decrease in the numbers of players. It just takes a look at PE and other areas that used to be full of people running around to know that the numbers are on a decline. But I still have that spark of hope that the publishers will release a bug free mod that will blow everyone away and bring life back to the game.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User

Seriously nobody forcing you to go pvp if your ego is too fragile to handle typical pvp trashtalk

That right right there is what he is talking about. And that is what I have seen to be the biggest difference between the average pvp and average pve players.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
    edited February 2019

^That's what i'm talking about, with small difference - your target was pvp'ers, not pvp feedback.
    Seriously nobody forcing you to go pvp if your ego is too fragile to handle typical pvp trashtalk, but as long pvp exist in this game we can talk about balancing it, and nobody should interrupt it.
    Also you talk something about our personalities, but look, we pvp'ers don't troll pve threads, are we?

Someone didn't read my post. Reread it and understand it this time. My problem is when some PvP'ers take their me-first win-at-all-costs mentality to PvE. I couldn't care less what happens in PvP. I can tell you, I hear the same sentiment often in my alliance. People don't want to PvP because, from their unfortunate experiences running into hardcore PvP players during PvE content, they want nothing more to do with them. It's very common.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I have hope in .my character... not in the mod.... I'm going to keep improving until I'm the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Very little has been said about mod 16. The devs did mention ongoing class changes, and I think there was a comment that was interpreted that there would not be a new class in this mod. We know there will be new content and new gear...there always is, but those who know the details are employees or players under a NDA and not talking.

So, for now just hope for a good mod, good changes and not too many bugs.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited February 2019
    adinosii said:

Very little has been said about mod 16. The devs did mention ongoing class changes, and I think there was a comment that was interpreted that there would not be a new class in this mod. We know there will be new content and new gear...there always is, but those who know the details are employees or players under a NDA and not talking.

So, for now just hope for a good mod, good changes and not too many bugs.

New gear... new gear... Keep making every other module obsolete so we're stuck with just one or two. Never ending cycle of people wanting more content, but we get more, but it becomes the only content. Since they love pushing for every greater power creep.

What we need a massive overhaul of old content so everything feels fresh.

What happens when cradle of the death god becomes the next tiamat/demogorgon? Well, then we're stuck with nothing again because everything became outdated steamrolls.
    I still strongly suspect Waterdeep will be involved somehow.

1. The last two Liars Night festivals featured new dialogue and lore from the Loremaster in the Moonstone Mask. He alleged that there were rumors that someone in Waterdeep was funding the festival and speculated at what favors Neverember might have to offer in return for the assistance.

2. The hapless four (who sadly appeared to have met their demise in Barovia) speculated in Kabal's demiplane on where they might go next ("Chult? Waterdeep?"). They actually were in Chult, but it's very easy to miss. You can just pick them out during the intro quest where you ride the raptor away from Kos. For a time that quest was bugged such that you had to walk the course instead of automatically being put on the raptor. They're crouching along the sides of the canyon.

3. A certain Waterdeep noble (I won't mention who since not everyone might have done that quest yet) tells you that if you're ever in Waterdeep, you "have his ear".

I'm not involved in testing Mod 16; I'm simply attempting to read between the lines.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    What mod 16 brings will be this....

1) Two new classes
    2) All classes will be assigned two roles for Qing into content
    3) New role
    4) Buffing is cap (yup damage buffs we have in game will get a cap)
    5) New zone with repetitive weeklies/dailies
    6) New 10 man content or dungeon
    7) Update to enchantments and bonding
    8) Many players quitting
    9) Many players complaining about the update

This is what I think will happen for mod 16. 1 is probably the only thing that may not show up with mod 16, the rest I'm pretty certain more than likely will happen.

Here is something I found that I believe is from the dev. This aligns with what I have been stating about how paragon path will determine our roles come mod 16; making the paragon path we pick "more exciting/desired".

"Making the different paragon paths viable is actually a big push for us in M16 that we’re currently working on, so hopefully we can make the lesser used paragon paths more exciting/desired."
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    Hope...

ok hope should always be there, but actually 90% from my guild is skipping Mod15 and i think we all know that with every day it becomes "harder" about thinking will i come back at Mod 16 or will i not...

So if Mod16 is not an "Killermod" (in an good way),i am not sure about my future, or even the whole guild in NW.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

1) Two new classes
    3) New role
    8) Many players quitting

This is what I think will happen for mod 16. 1 is probably the only thing that may not show up with mod 16, the rest I'm pretty certain more than likely will happen.

Here is something I found that I believe is from the dev. This aligns with what I have been stating about how paragon path will determine our roles come mod 16; making the paragon path we pick "more exciting/desired".

"Making the different paragon paths viable is actually a big push for us in M16 that we’re currently working on, so hopefully we can make the lesser used paragon paths more exciting/desired."

Man this would be wonderfull if true !
    but is a year worth work there, i dont believe they can fix 2 paragon with the classes we already have, even less with 2 new classes

For the record i'm waiting for a Level increase really soon, this would trash all gear we current have and would bring a massive complain shower, but after this catch up mods i belive it is coming...

PS. If youre right i will be really Happy !!!!!!!
    Because with 5 toon is impossible that 5 (10 rules) of them will be changed to something i dont like !!

Hope for the Best, but be prepared for the worst !!
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

1) Two new classes
    3) New role
    8) Many players quitting

Man this would be wonderfull if true !
    but is a year worth work there, i dont believe they can fix 2 paragon with the classes we already have, even less with 2 new classes

For the record i'm waiting for a Level increase really soon, this would trash all gear we current have and would bring a massive complain shower, but after this catch up mods i belive it is coming...

PS. If youre right i will be really Happy !!!!!!!
    Because with 5 toon is impossible that 5 (10 rules) of them will be changed to something i dont like !!

Hope for the Best, but be prepared for the worst !!
    2 new classes is beyond hopeful considering they said no new classes before late 2019/early 2020. Ditto for the rest. Capping buffing is stupid. I see your point, but then it would make skill on buffer type classes pointless.

8th definitely seems to be the one they're going for tho, if I were to believe rumors.