test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re-retrieval quest not completing

sartoricsartoric Member Posts: 36 Arc User
Same issue as seen on PC version

This is buggy and confusing (nothing new under the sun, unfortunately) because mission can be finished (not completed of course) getting the egg, all the messages and the boat.

Someone suggested it's due to unlocked/undiscovered "campfire" or skipped cutscenes

But it seems it's not. Did it five times now, the last two times :
- I've unlocked all fires for sure, didn't used shortcuts, jumped down on the columns to reach the giants etc. ... no way
- Unlocked fires, no shortcuts and not cancelled any cutscenes ... no way

Now I've already enough of it, but my suspicion is that you have to kill all the enemies too ...

First time I went back to the cave, no egg and no bird in the nest and the ship was ready to flee.
Once unlocked the campfire the mission in fact reset itself, the bird (and the egg) were back to the nest.

I had no problem with my main toon, but I've ran the quest twice before the last patch.

Really annoying for a boring MOD that convinced some guildy to quit NW

Comments

• colos#7661 colos Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Having exact same issue as sartoric. I have run the retrieval operation on my main several times and it will not complete. The mission is not in the quest journal to cancel and cannot progress in campaign tree because of this. I thought I was doing something wrong so I ran it with my level 50 alt and he completed it no problems. Problem is I don't play my alt very often I play my main, so it would be greatly appreciated if this could be looked at in the near future.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks folks! This has been a tricky one for the team to reproduce but we appreciate the info so we can continue investigating.
  • edo21edo21 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have the same problem but on xbox have completed the quest 5 times.
  • colos#7661 colos Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Okay yesterday I ran the retrieval operation with a guildmate him as the lead in group, it did not complete for me. However I ran it again by myself right after and finally completed for me. I don't know that this is a fix but it couldn't hurt trying.
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User

Thanks folks! This has been a tricky one for the team to reproduce but we appreciate the info so we can continue investigating.

@Nitrocris83
    Here is the reproduction of this bug: Go in accept the quest -> Go STRAIGHT to the blimp (without talking to Jim) -> Do the quest... For you can get on the blimp without talking to Jim, and if you do, it goes haywire.
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    > @aradyn#0871 said:
    > Thanks folks! This has been a tricky one for the team to reproduce but we appreciate the info so we can continue investigating.
    >
    > @Nitrocris83
    > Here is the reproduction of this bug: Go in accept the quest -> Go STRAIGHT to the blimp (without talking to Jim) -> Do the quest... For you can get on the blimp without talking to Jim, and if you do, it goes haywire.

Nope. I spoke with Jim before going to the balloon, and it bugged again. I'd had a streak on 3 alts of completing it, but just today it's back to frustration.

@nitocris83 how do we max our Neverember incentives if our alts cannot get through this campaign?
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    @stryker80 if you completed it in bugged mode, you have to completely abandon the quest, then start from scratch.

I am not saying this is ALL of the bugs in this quest, but it is one of the reproducible ones.
    I.E., talked to Omin, went straight to the air ship, you are now in bugged mode. The only way to get out is to abandon the quest, and then start from scratch.
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    > @aradyn#0871 said:
    > @stryker80 if you completed it in bugged mode, you have to completely abandon the quest, then start from scratch.
    >
    > I am not saying this is ALL of the bugs in this quest, but it is one of the reproducible ones.
    > I.E., talked to Omin, went straight to the air ship, you are now in bugged mode. The only way to get out is to abandon the quest, and then start from scratch.

I've done that, and had it bug.

It's possible this caused something:
    -picked up "retrieval" from Omin
    -updated "retrieval" with Jim
    -picked up "basement" from Jim
    -ran, turned in "basement"
    -ran retrieval, bugged at the "return to PE".

Perhaps "retrieval" has to be done start to finish without interruption?