test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feast of Lanterns

checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
The quest for setting off the fireworks is poorly designed, because you placed exactly 4 Mortars in the PE instance with a max of 40 people. Each Mortar is available to be set off by exactly ONE person, and then there is a delay OR lag. It does not matter which.

Also, Envelopes is spelled incorrectly (not envelops).
LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

Comments

• jaggededge#3144 jaggededge Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'll boost this signal; it is insane and should be deeply embarrassing to the devs that they have utterly failed two events in a row. I would not be able to sleep at night if I was in charge of this project. Cryptic is just trolling at this point.
  • ressurrectedsinressurrectedsin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    the respawn time for 4 mortars with as many people playing , is insane I've been standing at one mortar for 30 minutes trying to place it. 1 hour and 1/4 mortars placed... please fix this....
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Also, Envelopes is spelled incorrectly (not envelops).

Are you sure that "envelops" is not the correct word? It could be they were intending to use the verb and not the noun that is a container for letters. (NOTE: I have not yet seen the offending text. So you might be 100% correct in that it is misspelled.)
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    It is used as a noun in both cases (in the J menu and in the pop up as complete).

• deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Upping this too, The mortar fest is ridiculous.
  • whatanerdwhatanerd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The timing for this event is a bit ridiculous, since there isn't really... a reason for it? Like, no functional logic for having a reset timer per each one (especially as they need to consider that some people aren't exactly polite, so you also have to account for people waiting to do something only to get it stolen by someone else).

Also, the overhead name for the Fledglings are spelled wrong as well. 'Fledling'. But when you talk to them or in the quest book, it's correct.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Bumping this one as well. This is making the event unplayable and very unenjoyable. I don't mind some grind but making this some sorta grudge match between players trying to click this is just not improving player to player relations, more toxic is the words I would use.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    It just needs 3 or 4 HOTFIX's. Stay strong )
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    ragnarz2 said:

It just needs 3 or 4 HOTFIX's. Stay strong )

That is almost tragically funny. Its like a funeral that has gone comically wrong.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    At 3pm PT we will be restarting all platforms in order to reduce the cooldown of the Feast of Lanterns mortars. Players should be able to access the game immediately after they are disconnected.
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Thank you @percemer for addressing this issue so quickly. I get it, we make mistakes. It's the quick fix that makes for a more satisfying experience.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    So much for logging back in immediately
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    I got to all 4 mortar without issue and nobody was competing that with me. It seems there is no cooldown now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I got to all 4 mortar without issue and nobody was competing that with me. It seems there is no cooldown now.

There's still a cooldown. Tried to do it last night and all four of them were on cooldown.

@nitocris83 Please pass on to the team that I really appreciate the time they're saving me when they release events that are buggy, annoying, and/or not worth doing (read: "rewards aren't worth the time required to get them"). It relieves me of all FOMO and makes it easy to continue doing what I normally do, instead.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

There's still a cooldown. Tried to do it last night and all four of them were on cooldown.

@nitocris83 Please pass on to the team that I really appreciate the time they're saving me when they release events that are buggy, annoying, and/or not worth doing (read: "rewards aren't worth the time required to get them"). It relieves me of all FOMO and makes it easy to continue doing what I normally do, instead.
    Seconded - nice one - back to Bede's Ecclesiastical History of the English People written in 731 and still a classic read
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Nice fix tks for this one !

I guess I was lucky and didn't plan to do it again in any toon (even when I thought there is no cooldown).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I guess I was lucky and didn't plan to do it again in any toon (even when I thought there is no cooldown).
    I mainly checked it out because I wanted to see what it was like. My wife was planning to try for the boar mount. I'm pretty sure she'd abandoned those plans by the time we went to bed last night. The other quests (pet the dogs, and deliver letters) are annoying in that you have to run around and find the NPCs. At least with the dogs one, it's worse because you never know where they're going to be (since they disappear for everyone once anyone pets them). With the letters one, the NPCs are at least always there and seem to be always in the same place. It's just annoying having to ride around PE over and over and over and over and.... in order to get enough coins to get the boar mount.
    The deliver the red envelopes quest to the NPCs quest is bugged. All you have to do is go the NPC on the AH platform, and it completes the quest. You can grind out the boar mount in 30-40 minutes, depending on lag.

• sharky#3455 sharky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi. Where is Fledgling refiner? I can't find him.
    Outside the Sage Shop.

"refiner", refinement.