test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will players be compensated for time used on bugged content and tokens (CTA)

So the fix you implemented on your CTA seasons first event did not work. I ran my 10 CTAs after today's reset and was not granted a token.

The bug you told was fixed was in-fact not fixed and many players today, 31st, came to the same conclusion.

Who is responsible, for US, YOUR players, wasting time for a broken event and tokens, that were promised but not given?

Do we get anything else but a watered down apology, like always?

Comments

• forumuser#2338 forumuser Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Totally agree. Extending the event is absolutely not enough this time and there should be genuine compensation given.
  • deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User

Compensation is a silly concept. There is no way to fix a mistake after it has been made. Its done. Compensation creates more problems. I.e. the moment they give us all a gold mount as compensation for some mistake they made, they then need to nerf us all to restore balance.

the compensation only needs to be the tokens that should have been gained, no lego mount needed.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User

Compensation is a silly concept. There is no way to fix a mistake after it has been made. Its done. Compensation creates more problems. I.e. the moment they give us all a gold mount as compensation for some mistake they made, they then need to nerf us all to restore balance.

I do not think this was a well thought out rebuttal. Compensation is not silly. If people were unable to acquire 3 tokens because of the numerous bugs then it would seem appropriate that Cryptic compensate them by making their token count whole.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its not compensation , if you just want , what shouldve been granted, for what was stated... that is just fair treatment.

Yes compensation is silly, but its not really compensation.

ALL I want is the ability to either buy the items direct with medallions or buy tokens with medallions, put the griffon up for 1k medallions next event and in two events put the weapons up with medallions.. so those of us who got boinked at this event. Can purchase said items.. we are already loosng out, using medallions vs the tokens.. but at least we have tons of those.. due to them making us run this event 1 billionnnnnnnn times..

It was a "SILLY" way of fixing the issue, extending it, that wasnt well thought out at all.

Dont they see how "silly" it was to make players re-run the same content up to hundred times to get their tokens?

FAIR treatment, isnt compensation.. its simply a fair way to act.

From their perspective, they already gave you MORE than what was fair. You could get a purple mount as good as this purple mount a lot easier in other ways. The mount is not the real prize here. The weapons are the prize. They made this uber-difficult because the weapons are going to be that-good. The bug changed uber-difficult to impossible. They responded by changing it from uber-difficult to easy for 2 days. They already gave you more than what they deemed "fair".

IMO, the devs should not release weapons like this in a limited time event. It basically FORCES players to do the limited time event AND GET LUCKY or suffer the consequences. I say Force, because after they release better weapons and those weapons become COMMON, they are going to want to nerf players again. This is the life cycle of new releases. So if you don't get the new weapons, and you don't already have uber weapons that are very difficult to obtain, you have become WEAKER once the nerf comes.

I gave an i.e., a "for instance" using a gold mount. These weapons are worth more than a gold mount.

these weapons are what 475 IL, lower than primals, how are they uber?

and yes, it was 1 token/day for 10/10 CTAs ran, max 3 per event. Not do gazillon and hope you get the token per day.
    Your opinion is noted.. but it doesn't invalidate others.. I think most people do not think it was "fair" to have to run , what should've been 30 runs.. to run over 100 .. to get tokens. Your also being their own mouthpiece.. I think we can just let them be their own.. lets hear their opinion of the matter. While I don't mean to cast your thoughts aside, actual communication with this company is always at a premium.

Some people still did not end up with their tokens.

How is it outrageous , to ask that we spend medallions on getting the mount/weapons later on.. not even asking for them early.. just at the same time as others who could get the mounts /weapons for tokens.

Its not asking for the world to make this simple change.. some of us couldn't or wouldn't keep running these to get tokens we wanted.. but many of us simply ran out of time.. not all of us can play 24 hours a day! Sometimes things come up.

Its simply fair .. to allow this.

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

the compensation only needs to be the tokens that should have been gained, no lego mount needed.

Yep. This right here. If there are still toons that did the 3x10 (or more) skirmishes without 3 tokens, they should definitely be getting them, and if that's too hard to figure out, just dump 3 tokens on every toon. The most you can get with those is 3k rAD, so it's not a huge gain for anyone, but would go a long way to showing people that they are committed to getting things right.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

and yes, it was 1 token/day for 10/10 CTAs ran, max 3 per event. Not do gazillon and hope you get the token per day.

475 at green, likely 520 at orange, putting them on par with exalted primals. No word on a set bonus yet, though.
    cdnbison said:

475 at green, likely 520 at orange, putting them on par with exalted primals. No word on a set bonus yet, though.
    yeah, my bad, mixed base primals IL to another set, but those weapons are not uber and prolly wont be on that 520 IL still.

the new weapons are almost as good as gold(upgraded/legendary) primal (unrestored) while green. Do the math. It is almost as good as the most commonly used weapon while it still has 3 level upgrades to go (and probably a restoration after that) It might be BiS.

The original event was not get a token for 10 runs. It was get a chance at a token after 10 runs.

Yes, it really was "hope you get a token" but just not intended to be for a gazillion runs. I think they probably intended 10-25.

actually the tooltip under the event tracker, if you read it, stated that after 10/10 runs you will receive a token, not a chance for one.

And I received both my 2 tokens when i had ran 10/10 CTAs.
    So did most of those who got the token the first time, some relogged after 10/10 and got the token then, others ran 1 extra and it was at the vendor.

The issue was that the blue item warning, cannot have multiple unique items, caused the counter not to count towards completion for the day.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1245626/updated-cta-seasons-tokens-of-heroes-issues/p1

there is the bug info, hope you can read.
    Well again.. maybe you just skipped around the parts where I was just simply asking to convert my mass amount of stupid medallions i got for re running their content ad nasuem to be able to exchange for the items of my choice, later on.. griffon next event.. weapons at event 4.

Maybe you are not reading this part.. maybe you keep on skipping it over.. NOT asking for the world here.. just that after running the event over 100 times on my dc alone.. 60 or so on cw and 40 or so for my hr.. I couldnt hack ANOTHER run on my other toons to earn more tokens. (though i got 1 or 2 more on other toons as well... each toon has the horn)

Let me just grind out medallions and be done with it. I missed out on a chance to get more griffons.. because simply they messed up.. I would like a chance to earn those without running stupid ctas over and over and over and over and over and over.. (I could type more overs.. because IT REALLY was more overs and overs!)

Your semantics notwithstanding.. we all know that you were supposed to get a token at 10 runs.. not 11 or 12 or 20 or whatever.. there were days i wouldn't ever get a token.. how is that my fault. Early on I didn't know that I couldn't complete one.

Yes so sad for me.. that I spent all those extra hours grinding a HAMSTER fest bad design.

Your argument basically is.. I somehow got mine.. to bad for you folks.

As the guy in the new mod keeps saying in the quest.. just What ... the what.. are you arguing about?

Some of us would like to get the items.. and because they (the game company) messed up.. some of us cant.

Simply allowing us to purchase them as a catch up with medallions.. isnt ASKING for the world.

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

Do we get anything else but a watered down apology, like always?

Should you (ethically)?
    Probably.

Will you?
    No.
    No, you will not.

[Reference: 5 1/2 years of NW life.]
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

The vendor said, (paraphrased) "you can get a chance at a token after a minimum amount of participation(which was pretty obviously 10)".
    the new weapons could be anything. Item level doesn't mean much. The programmers could make them anything they want. But I think it is safe to say they will be much better than primal.

Safe to say? Absolutely not, hehehehehe.

It's much safer to say that the weapons will most likely suck. Some of them might be nice transmutes though.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    This event was broken to the very bitter end, even after all those "updates" there was no "fix" working fully here, and i know that for a fact, since i tested it on the last day of this event with two characters.

Character 1, DC, 2 tokens collected, did 10 CTA's, kept all the "unique" rewards, still got several "unique" warnings, and no daily token even after running several additional skirmishes.

Character 2, CW, 2 tokens collected, did 10 CTA's, deleted all "unique" rewards, got the third daily token.

As suggested in another thread, the Devs should send out a pack containing 3 tokens and all the unique rewards to every player as an real apology for this huge mess we had to grind through.

Last but not least, i'd also like to know what the Devs are going to do against all the botters/leechers we had to carry through this event... the bugged event itself was allready bad enough, but this HAMSTER made it even worse.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!