test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can I get a job at cryptic?

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
I spend far too many hours playing neverwinter and reporting a *HAMSTER* load of bugs, issues, and etc. but it all seems to be for naught. I was just wondering, can I get hired, have someone to report to, and play all day? at least that way, i'll be able to earn something as a reward.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    https://crypticstudios.com/careers Go there to apply. I have a feeling that, no matter what position you want to work, there's a lot more to do than just playing Neverwinter all day long. They don't remote hire either, so you would have to move to California if you don't live there already. But from what I hear, it's a great place to work. :)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Cryptic Headquarters is about 1 mile from the West Coast office for the company I work for. About once a year I drive by their building and think I should pop in and say, "Hi, I'm checkmate. I have been playing Neverwinter since 2013. Nice to meet you all!" But, I don't. And life goes on.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    I was thinking I could be the non existent beta test team. At least that way we would know things were tested before they were released by actual players.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

I was thinking I could be the non existent beta test team. At least that way we would know things were tested before they were released by actual players.

There's plenty of testers that have been doing that and that actually know what they're talking about (thanks @rjc9000 and @thefabricant), but it's little consolation considering how competent those 2 are and how many suggestions they made, and how many issues there still are.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

There's plenty of testers that have been doing that and that actually know what they're talking about (thanks @rjc9000 and @thefabricant), but it's little consolation considering how competent those 2 are and how many suggestions they made, and how many issues there still are.

Eh, somebody convince Edgy to break the Mod 16 NDA.

With enough luck, PWE might decide to extradite him to the US for criminal action. I would also place a good bet that he'd save time even if he spent some time in jail, as he'd probably spend less time in jail rather than waiting for South African administration to finally process his passport.

Then, once he's out of jail, he probably could get a tidy job being a QA tester for NW.

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Eh, somebody convince Edgy to break the Mod 16 NDA.

With enough luck, PWE might decide to extradite him to the US for criminal action. I would also place a good bet that he'd save time even if he spent some time in jail, as he'd probably spend less time in jail rather than waiting for South African administration to finally process his passport.

Then, once he's out of jail, he probably could get a tidy job being a QA tester for NW.
    Hey if he's on the testing team, M16 better be so good it makes BJs pointless. If all the rumors about waterdeep are true, and considering they've actually went outta their way to get players specifically to beta-test before it even hits the preview, it's gotta be something big (fun fact, made a typo and wrote "something bug").

In any case, M15 as a mod seems to be pumping smth out just so they can say they did, and focus on this.

Fingers crossed for Lvl75/80/85/90/last 7 digits of Pi/Euler's number to the power of seven/3.

Anyhoo, idk if I should get my hopes high.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    @psychoticsatyr from the date of the post, I assume you are hired by now.
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    you would think so, but like support, no answer yet. i keep finding bugs, reporting them, somethings get fixed, others don't. Still waiting for my first legendary mount as payment.