test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATED] CTA Seasons Tokens of Heroes Issues

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Another update to the original post. Maybe missing tokens will appear... it's getting harder to be optimistic at this point but whp knows.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rockgardwarfrockgardwarf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Well done agaaaaain the 10 and some more rounds and still no third token... :/
    have been doing it each day and only got 2 on my man char and 0 in my other 3.
    Hope it get fixed and they give some free tokens, as we have used a lot of time doing this again and again for nothing :(
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    The OP has been updated. It looks like they're planning to do right by everyone. Sit tight, folks.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • smegman#1430 smegman Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    having to do 10 runs of a god awful ancient CTA a day to get a stupid token is purely ridiculous
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I don't even know where to post this after this latest debacle, but can I ask why they have employed Laurel and Hardy as their main programmers, and have they never heard of reuseable classes? How is it even possible to have this many bugs past beta? Hell, this should not have even got to beta testing!
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    nisckis said:

After this new patch (hotfix)
    - Persefone: did 12 runs, got a Unique item error due to Frastr, got no token (2 tokens after 6 days).
    - Big Daddy: did 12 runs too, got another Unique item error due to Frastr, got no token (2 tokens after 5 days).
    - Bharash: did 10 runs, got no error and got 1 token (3 tokens after 5 days).

It's quite unfortunate that the Frastr pet is causing the bug too.

It's perfect now, after this last hotfix all 3 characters got exactly the 3 expected tokens.

Thanks a lot.
  • rockgardwarfrockgardwarf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    got 3 now in my main. Still didnt got any one in my other chars that farmed the event the last two days :(
  • jaxom#7007 jaxom Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I haven't received any tokens on any of the 4 toons I tried. I guess yet another ticket is in order.
  • roedynnbroedynnb Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Credit where it's (sort of) due: This fix worked for me, all of my characters are now sitting at three tokens.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Just checked and my DC and GF still have zero tokens after not receiving any on Thursday or Friday.
    To add insult to injury I gave up on the bugged event on Saturday and didn't even try with some of my characters so even if the latest fix worked it will do me no good because I wasn't going to subject myself to the frustration of 10+ runs with no token any more. So even if it works now, I have characters who WILL NOT be able to earn 3 tokens because I either didn't do any CTAs with them prior to today or they are still at a total of zero tokens.
    This latest "fix" is not enough because a lot of us are still missing out on tokens we either still haven't received or didn't even bother to try for because of the bugs. My wife has given up entirely.
    I repeat; If you really want to resolve this issue, just set everyone's token total to 3 and call it done.
    As it stands now, every time CTA season comes up for the rest of the year, a portion of the player base will be reminded how poorly this was handled. If you really want to preserve player goodwill, make a genuine good faith effort to make this right while there is still player goodwill to preserve.
  • lorsoanna#8386 lorsoanna Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Thanks, worked for me for that one character that was stuck at 2 tokens.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    TESTED:
    Char 1. Started with 0 tokens as of final hotfix. Completed >20 CTA on prior days. Completed 11 post hotfix. Has 1 token now.
    Char 2. Started with 0 tokens as of final hotfix. Completed >20 CTA on prior days. Completed 11 post hotfix. Has 1 token now.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Unless there was a second hotfix between the one at 1530 UTC and update 4, this is NOT fixed.

The duplicate item bug still occurs - but I believe it's for the vanity pet not the horn.

I couldn't get my third token on my DC who has both the horn and vanity pet (one unique item error), 13runs, but got my second on my GWF who only has the horn.
  • jaylia#4441 jaylia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I have finally gotten 3 tokens for the one character who played this event. (I had just one token earlier in the day in spite of 5 days of running 11-19 cta skirmishes--and I only ran one of my characters because I was trying to limit my frustration and time loss once I saw it was bugged)

But it's discouraging to read that some players still haven't gotten their tokens.

And I'm slightly unsettled because the tokens only show up at the event vendor--they're nowhere in my inventory even though other event currencies are there...
    Post edited by jaylia#4441 on
  • tobitheredtobithered Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yup, the most recent hotfix finally worked for me, both my characters are now at 3 tokens, where they should be (up from 2 on my main and 1 on the alt).

Well, this was one of the more exciting events in Neverwinter (though not necessarily in a welcome way)...
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    My character who had gotten to 3 tokens still has 3.
    My character who had gotten to 2 tokens has been boosted to 3.
    The character who did 12 runs on Sunday before giving up totally still has 0 tokens.

The 3 characters who never ran the event at all, because it was broken, then still broken, then more broken, have zero tokens and will stay that way, I guess.
    edited January 2019
    More testing
    Char 1. Started with 0 tokens as of final hotfix. Completed 19 CTA on prior day. Completed 14 post hotfix. Received the "you may only have one unique item" msg on 4th, 6th, and 8th runs. Has 1 token now. I have no idea if the one token the character has received is from today or the one they should have received on a previous day.

I will now start testing with another alt.

UPDATE:
    Char 2. Started with 0 tokens as of final hotfix. Completed 15 CTA on prior day. Completed 3 (THREE) CTA post hotfix received one token. Completed 10 more for a total of 13 CTA today post hotfix. Did not notice "you may only have one unique item" msg on any run. Still at 1 token.
    Post edited by bigblackafrica on
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    Glad to report that two of my characters, who each had way over 10 runs each day, had their third token already (perhaps earned yesterday somehow). The third did not, but I ran 10 skirmishes on her with no dupe/error messages and received my 3rd token. So incredibly glad to be done with this event.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • shrineerune#9386 shrineerune Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I received the tokens I had earned on previous days after the hotfix today. Thanks to the team for fixing it!

I did notice that if a unique item dropped, it would still create a chest in my inventory. If I completed ten runs by the CTA counter and went to the vendor to confirm that my new token was created, I would find that it had not been. I could fix that by opening my inventory and then opening chests generated during CTA runs. That fixed it, so that when I went to the vendor the new token would show.

I figure that other people have sorted this out, but wanted to put it here just in case anyone was running into this problem.
  • seridkalsenovseridkalsenov Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    First thing first
    I like to thanks to cryptic developers paying attention to these bugs
    And adding new rewards for those that doing the CTA.

Secondly I would like to give a suggestion about future CTA event. Now could u guys add a quest that give medals directly rather than giving to player automatically from bar progression ? I feels the issue is more toward how badly the automatic rewarding system design implemented in CTA.

Take the example of neverwinter siege event, we player asked to do 1 daily quest to get guarantee reward.
    Post edited by seridkalsenov on
  • kopisusu36b#1324 kopisusu36b Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Thank you devs, Cryptic, and Perfect world. All my toons now have 3 tokens, after long grinding at cta season with various token between toon.
    Some improvement : maybe put reward chest near last boss, so all must be join into fight instead of camping and doing nothing. Also maybe reduce number of cta run/day.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    This might be just my bad RNG luck but my daughter and I have been running this since the 2nd hotfix and we have not had any rares drop on any of our toons. Did this "fix" nerf epic drops?
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I just ran 3 characters, 2 were stuck at 1 token, both got token #2 after 11/10 runs, my 3rd character had 2 tokens, I ran 11/10 and didn't get token #3, this last one has the vanity pet and the horn, prior to the "fix", so it's not fixed yet
  • schugeldson#7809 schugeldson Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    tazz, same here for one of my guys. STILL BUGGED. NOT FIXED.

• evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I stopped bothering with the event over the fact the 6-7 chars I tried with were bugged (1 of which still is, but HAMSTER it).
    Now that a fix is found, even if I take my other chars through it, at best I'll be getting 2 tokens?

I'm not sure why the event is only being extended 2 days from the fix supposedly being found when it takes 3 to get everything.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Two toons good, one only at 2 and should be at 3. And I am done for the night and still no epic drops for the 100+ runs I did.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Same. Ran 10 runs after the patch on my OP - had 2 tokens before - still 2 tokens. No offence @nitocris83 but maybe ask the devs to make this a completable quest so the token automatically goes into inventory when you turn the quest in.
    Post edited by baronstragen on
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • celthil#8842 celthil Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    The hot fixes today have worked for my characters in one way or another. Still had one character I ran 2 diff days 15+ runs with a lot of error messages that was only at one and didn't get raised at all, but got 2nd after 4 runs so hopefully can get the third tomorrow on that one.

It's been suggested a few times about just making it a quest to turn in for the tokens which seems like a decent rather easy fix for the future CTA's. As far as Afkers go maybe no damage done = nothing but dye as rewards? At least that way they have to go out and hit something. Not sure how hard that would be to implement. Or maybe something dropped by the boss we need to collect 10 of for the quest but it has a 30 second time limit before it goes away.

Anyways thank you for the fix/token boost, at least that way players time wasn't completely wasted due to the bug(s). Also might need to have someone review the store 2nd page can't remember which character it was(think it was OP) but main hand was 300 and off hand was 600 for transmute item.