test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Allow Vote-Kicks

frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
edited February 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
I absolutely can't stand the leechers, it's okay if they can't contribute much (unlikely) but they must atleast try. People just take advantage of the vote-kick lock out timer.

Please allow immediate or maybe 30-second vote-kicks for queues other than those involving Advanced and Expert (even Intermediate maybe) queue dungeons and PvP. It would greatly help with this situation. I don't see any reason that people would try to abuse vote-kicks on these runs.

Edit: Okay, people might get kicked from levelling dungeons if they can't keep up. But still, no reason to not allow this in CTAs and levelling Skirmishes.
FrozenFire
Post edited by frozenfirevr on

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Don't even need more than one kick. People AFK because they know they can get away with it. Once people start seeing others get kicked for AFK, or they themselves get kicked, they will stop that nonsense.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I especially love the pieces of work who smugly tell you to hurry up and carry them through faster while they stay behind the walls. Instant GM report.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I had one yesterday ask me how I afforded all the enchants that I have. I told him that if he has time to inspect, he's got time to haul his HAMSTER out into the cold and help.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited January 2019

I absolutely can't stand the leechers, it's okay if they can't contribute much (unlikely) but they must atleast try. People just take advantage of the vote-kick lock out timer.

Please allow immediate or maybe 30-second vote-kicks for queues other than those involving Advanced and Expert (even Intermediate maybe) queue dungeons and PvP. It would greatly help with this situation. I don't see any reason that people would try to abuse vote-kicks on these runs.

To kick a player that more than 30 seconds to load a content that lasts 2 - 4 mins. I have had several runs where the boss was killed before I cleared the load screen. Especially if I was loading the CTA from Protector's Enclave. I got no rewards, and no credit for these runs.

BTW: If running with random players is that big a problem... you can always form a group for Guild/Alliance runs.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

If it is taking you longer to log in to content than it is taking other players to do that content then that is your problem.

People should not be forced to carry you because you are downloading pron or just have a third world connection.

...and it is really easy for the rest of us to cap our speeds so that we too log in around the one, two, four minutes thirty mark and claim it is our bad connection. Where does it stop? Where is the limit?

Or do we just give the leechers who are pretending that their connections are bad a free pass forever?

Decent players hate leechers. It does not matter to me if you are doing it deliberately or just have terrible internet.

I tested it by capping my internet speed down to 1mb/64kb down/up and still got into the instance fast enough to participate, so unless your speed is dial up then you should not have a problem, and if it is dial up then you dont meet the min specs which are broadband.

Except that if you're minimum spec computer, it may not be the internet speed that's causing the problem with load times, also internet may be slow because you happen to be in the Australian bush. We have a player in guild who plays at a fairly high standard with pings in 4 figures all the time (back of beyond South Africa).
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I especially love the pieces of work who smugly tell you to hurry up and carry them through faster while they stay behind the walls. Instant GM report.

As if it matters, the devs/company don't really care about such "trivial" things.On occassion they'll block/suspend a few players who may or may not use an exploit knowingly , just to save face, but that's about it. Expecting to introduce any real solutions to the many many problems plaguing Neverwinter is akin to expecting divine intervention, it just won't happen.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
    edited January 2019
    Three afk'ers in 4 consecutive runs. One whose gear screamed "bot".

I'm out of patience. Every single one of these is getting a GM report. What really kills me is the degree to which I'm seeing new, low-level players struggle in this event because they're being forced to cover an entire section all alone because one selfish so-and-so wants to be a leech. I've taken to bringing my healbot DC there but she can't be everywhere.

Reported the same guy on three separate runs. Each time he seemed proud of himself. This needs to stop.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

To kick a player that more than 30 seconds to load a content that lasts 2 - 4 mins. I have had several runs where the boss was killed before I cleared the load screen. Especially if I was loading the CTA from Protector's Enclave. I got no rewards, and no credit for these runs.

BTW: If running with random players is that big a problem... you can always form a group for Guild/Alliance runs.

I have done 200+ runs and I have yet to have the boss killed before clearing the loading screen. Sounds like you either need a PC upgrade or a better connection.

edited January 2019
    You can't blame it on a bad connection. One guy in particular was all smug and proud of himself at being a leecher (you know who you are, sweetie). The GMs are going to be busy with player reports tomorrow.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

and close the chest for leechers.

Also @frozenfirevr [RED COLOR] PLEASE up skirmishes to 70-73 level and more. MORE HARDER. [RED COLOR]
    It will make everyone fight. I sure higt-levels will help to noobs if they will try to play, not standing on campfire.

I done the skirmish with 53 lvl TR. So anyway with level adjust for small levels it will be possiple to run skirmish. at leat TRY use them skills.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    as long as they left the area.. and ACTUALLY participated I dont care what they can or cant do.. but I saw people in my own effing alliance do this.. I called them out on this HAMSTER.. I mean what the nine hells.

(removed)

I think instead of bans.. ALL of their tokens should be taken away. that would be a much better punishment.

Of course game company not going to do anything..

(removed)

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Yeah, I had a new toon on an alt account that has been sitting at LV 4 so I did enough to get them to 6 and brought them in. Its doable if you just let others run ahead of you and follow behind and do support. One run I ended up defending a zone on my own and got my HAMSTER handed to me. No big deal but it just drags out the time for others.

Ha, reminds me of when I went to basic training in the US Army at Ft. Knox. I was two weeks early so got stuck with the loser in holdover that basically quit. Now when you die in the CTA, you end up at the campfire with the leechers.
    a level 70 with a legendary pet.. can sit at one of the mob spots and let the pet kill stuff.

That is all i ask.. go to a efffing spot and just let your pet kill things.. stop being so stupid and lazy.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

I think instead of bans.. ALL of their tokens should be taken away. that would be a much better punishment.

Why not? Isn't this the same thing as the glitch hunts? Not engaging with content as intended? Seems to that it is.

The only difference I see, and why they most likely won't do anything, is because it won't cause any damage to the economy. There is no AD involved.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    And this is why I have private que solo run all of my CTA runs.
    I could've easily cut a 3 min 30 sec runtime down to maybe a minute if I either public-ed or brought 2 friends.
    But too much chance of getting the afkers.
    I'll keep my solo runs unless I'm forced to public que it later.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I can solo on SW 1 min 15 secs, as fast as a good PUG run. CW is a bit slower at around 1 min 50 secs because she can't move as fast. The trick is to run back and forth at the start of a phase, pulling the left and right mob packs to the middle. If you can't aggro them fast enough, you lose a lot of time chasing them down.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

hustin1 said:

and close the chest for leechers.

Also @frozenfirevr [RED COLOR] PLEASE up skirmishes to 70-73 level and more. MORE HARDER. [RED COLOR]
    It will make everyone fight. I sure higt-levels will help to noobs if they will try to play, not standing on campfire.

I done the skirmish with 53 lvl TR. So anyway with level adjust for small levels it will be possiple to run skirmish. at leat TRY use them skills.
    I disagree about making them harder. While one leecher was hiding behind the walls, I saw low-level players struggling to no end trying to pull their weight and then some to take up the slack. I had my 16k healbot DC running all over the place applying Astral Seal on everything and its dog to try to keep everyone alive. I hope a lot of those new players didn't become too discouraged because of the behavior of one maladjusted person.
    edited January 2019

as long as they left the area.. and ACTUALLY participated I dont care what they can or cant do.. but I saw people in my own effing alliance do this.. I called them out on this HAMSTER.. I mean what the nine hells.

(removed)

(removed)

Just did my first run of the night and...yes, there was another AFK'er.

It was also my first GM player report of the night.

Report #2...someone tried to be clever. Jumped over the wall late, hung out at the lit brazier and did nothing until the end, then calmly went over the wall to collect from the chest. It didn't spare him a player report.

I'm as serious as a heart attack, fellas. Leechers will be reported. The GM's might decide not to do anything, but they cannot claim ignorance.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2019

I absolutely can't stand the leechers, it's okay if they can't contribute much (unlikely) but they must at least try. People just take advantage of the vote-kick lock out timer.

Agreed… mostly ~

During current CTA event I can’t even hazard a guess at how many players I’ve personally observed simply standing at the rally point and waiting till the challenge is over then just grabs their loot and scoots but the problem isn’t limited to CTA either.

A lot of skirmishes for instance the Master of the Hunt I’ve observed the same thing or some players just hanging back waiting for others to finish off the mobs and bosses then gallop in to claim the chest at the end.

If it weren’t a known factor for some to have abused the vote-kick prior to the way it is now I would wholeheartedly agree with a shorter vote-to-kick timer, but unfortunately vote-to-kick has been abused previously and suggesting a shorter timer would in my opinion just take us back to those ‘bad-ol-days’.

However in lieu of a vote to kick I would highly recommend a “Report Player Behavior” option from the in dungeon/skirmish drop down menu where those wishing to file a complaint would have to identify the @player character and hopefully someone from the Neverwinter/Cryptic ranks can slide in and observe if those complaints are indeed valid and if they are, possibly ban that character from random runs or events for 30 days - or at least ask the player to explain their apparent lack of participation.

I figure most of the reason why some players choose to cheat by way of leeching or whatever is because there seems to be little or no penalty for doing so… perhaps if there was there was there would be fewer instances of people taking advantage of these kinds of things.

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    chidion said:

I absolutely can't stand the leechers, it's okay if they can't contribute much (unlikely) but they must at least try. People just take advantage of the vote-kick lock out timer.

Agreed… mostly ~

During current CTA event I can’t even hazard a guess at how many players I’ve personally observed simply standing at the rally point and waiting till the challenge is over then just grabs their loot and scoots but the problem isn’t limited to CTA either.

A lot of skirmishes for instance the Master of the Hunt I’ve observed the same thing or some players just hanging back waiting for others to finish off the mobs and bosses then gallop in to claim the chest at the end.
    Hence I asked for Levelling queues to be brought under the purview of shorter vote-kicks too.
    chidion said:

If it weren’t a known factor for some to have abused the vote-kick prior to the way it is now I would wholeheartedly agree with a shorter vote-to-kick timer, but unfortunately vote-to-kick has been abused previously and suggesting a shorter timer would in my opinion just take us back to those ‘bad-ol-days’.

Why do you think people vote-kicked before? It was because the player was too weak or to grab the drops. It isn't worth even the time to vote-kick in these areas and there aren't any rewards that drop.
    FrozenFire
    Hence I asked for Levelling queues to be brought under the purview of shorter vote-kicks too.

no, leveling dungeons are also to simle, you just run to bosses and kill them. new low-levels just can't move fast to the end of dungeon.

but Intermediate queue needs those shorter kick-votes because mostly of them runs less then 5 minutes.
    Everything today is to easy to run through.

I disagree about making them harder. While one leecher was hiding behind the walls, I saw low-level players

when dungeons were deeper and darker and dragons were a DRAGONS.

hah, i remember old laid of Karryndax it wasn't easy and we needed everyone in party to saty alive.
    you can;t go To9G alone and in random you may hear that 'sorry, but we neeed better DPS or some else buffer'. So if party can't kill 'Souls' at time you cant end the dungeon. no matter what DC you have.

and I want that everydungeon was hard enough to challenge it. Valindra, Castle Never, Lost, GWD - they may be challenging.

Yes, i can make it harhed with new hard mode.
    but everyone runs K-team quests WITH 2 tanks, healler, DPS and 1 buffer, or 4 buffers. So what? an idea of herd mode is absolutely failled while we not seen a differense between ordinary Lost/To9G and 'hard';
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

@frozenfirevr

i forgot, may be need start just with removing a penalty for leaving for events?

Usuually I dont care that much.. but I had a few where 3 or 4 were sitting in the campfire.. just really.

Saw some high i level people doing it, messaged one, and the response I got back was this justification

basically "if the company cant fix the token thing, then why should I bother .. ill do this all day long until i get my tokens"

of course the point of the matter is.. hes not hurting the company, just other players..

I understand the frustrating with the company and Im still a tad upset that I had to roll with hundreds of skirms to get a few measly tokens.. stupid.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Blaming it on the tokens bugging is just an ad hoc rationalization. They do it non stop in Protector's Speech as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother