test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove this Piercing dmg!!!!

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    +1 remove it.
    It´s a constant source of bugs and disbalance in this game , no to talk about the fact that one class can focus since years exclusively on power and recovery with no need to care about arp or defensive stats.
    PVP in this game is a bad joke , if you compare classes with each other, up to unplayable, a simply waste of time, ages :)
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    This thread turned into a nerf thread which is against forum TOS and should be closed. (lol)
    No matter how many times tr gets nerfed... you people will never stop crying about the tr class.
    Here is my advice. G o - P l a y - P v e.

Tr is a joke in pve (compared with other classes) and now also a joke in pvp thanx to your tears.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    its actually hilarious that some players legitiamtly think TR is balanced in pvp. I love reading all the things they type, rationalizing their broken class. and in my head i only hear that spanish guy laughting at them. Xd
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    all good...
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

No, because again, that means TRs won't have to stack arpen, which is a huge investment of stats to everyone else. You're basically saying, "Hey TRs, here's a new paragon path, and 20k free stats, have fun."

That's why the piercing damage wouldn't be a ridiculous value - just like 10% of your damage pierces armor or smth, so they retain the spirit of stealthily attacking and getting the bonus, but don't actually completely rely on it.
  • tommykamikazi#4731 tommykamikazi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @eliasar#2396 said:
    > -1, I don't want play with immortal paladins in PVP, without piercing y'all be GODs :)
    >
    > or you could build armorpen.
    >
    > So after you intend to nerf basicaly everything about TR in pvp (survivability of LIGHTLY ARMORED MELEE class (deflection), damage by piercing.. and of course dont forget daily spam so recovery or cooldowns too) you want people to stack everything that gets -% in pvp. Maybe you missed the fact, that TR doesnt have huge shield that can cover you while you one rotate people :) . And maybe you all missed another fact that TRs damage outside of piercing damage is compareable with TR performance in pve without arm pen (since its nerfed in pvp) which is more than horrible.
    >
    > I already warned you people about making too fast and too bad decisions without thinking about overall consequences. Im glad everyone who read that took it seriously (thats sarcasm, actualy no one took it seriously, I suppose they are using your doctrine "you are tr and thus you should be ignored" as you told me).
    >
    > It is said, that people are creating their own monsters. So, face consequences of your actions in game or start being reasonable. This will be getting only worse if people will continue with this mindless "nerf pls" doctrine-aimed against TRs from one of the few classes that can actualy be more threat for immortal tank "hdps pvp" classes to someone who will exist just to slow you down and be annoying as much it is possible while doing no damage at all.
    >
    > For people who still tend to ignore anyone who speaks for defence of their class- no Im not saying too much piercing percentage is okay, no Im not saying daily spam or permastealth build is okay, and hells, Im not saying ANY monster build especialy pvp tank ones are okay.
    >
    > Peace
    >
    > (edited to fix some grammar issues)

Sounds like they have their own agenda and willing to proceed with it whether it means losing long time committed players in the process.
    I could say Gf and gwf vanguards are tank builds and shouldn't do much dps yet they are running around and eating away 75% of your hp with bullcharge or whatever.
    Any class who are most wanted in groups in pve shouldn't expect to be in pvp.

Tr's are not wanted in pve, nor in pvp. All you haters should stop playing this game ( no joke ) No matter how many times tr class gets nerfed, you want to have it nerfed more and more.

Cryptic should ignore all your silly tears and make tr class great again :)

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User

jonkoca said:

No, because again, that means TRs won't have to stack arpen, which is a huge investment of stats to everyone else. You're basically saying, "Hey TRs, here's a new paragon path, and 20k free stats, have fun."

That's why the piercing damage wouldn't be a ridiculous value - just like 10% of your damage pierces armor or smth, so they retain the spirit of stealthily attacking and getting the bonus, but don't actually completely rely on it.
    Exactly as Im saying, problem isnt piercing, problem is its percentage which makes people frustrated because developers never bothered actualy think about pvp with introducing always even stronger and stronger gear. (In addition with defenses and hitpoints combined with shields, (no I will never stop mentioning that, get with it, its another problem as serious as TR piercing percentage).
    But things we are hearing here on forums, these plans to strip TR clean of any piercing, in addition nerf everything else are just insane and far worse than overkill.
    Argument : so stack more armpen LOL is in translation: yeah you have weakest class in game that needs more stats than any else and now we are going to nerf you even more so you can keep trying overstack EVERYTHING while having nothing, doesnt even belong here and is product of people who got no clue about TR mechanics and ALL they present as evidence in this endless trial aimed against TRs (yes, Im looking at you leonidrex) is mentioning people obviously making advantage of it, which as they obviously hope for, justifies TRs complete destruction. I honestly want to see all of your faces (and of course your nice anti-tr alliance is not going to work) when each group will be attemping to nerf another when this happens, and none of you is going to raise your hands to balance and nerf YOUR classes which is btw difference between me, trying to speak for survival of class while I want monster builds of TRs and ALL CLASSES out of the way and people Im seeing around, people who just wants to kill TR class while hoping no one will touch their immortality powers combined with their now even more buffed dps) when TRs will be out of the way and you will realise that pvp will be only about OPS and GFs (now its basicaly only about OPs, GFs, TRs from my experience).
    Maybe that day, you might finaly see my point, or not... it wont be my concern anymore as I can finaly start using favourite ignoration argument of "you are OP and so you should be ignored" (no, Im not going to forget this argument of yours, Leonidrex).
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I actually do not want piercing damage removed from the game. My Archer has already taken a MASSIVE nerf by losing 25% Crit chance along with other bits of rubbish design planning.

Piercing damage is how I can finish off some enemies when their health actually gets low, without it peoples health shoot right back up again.

But Archer piercing damage is pretty minimal, I dont see why the TR piercing has to be so strong.

I played some games last night and can still see the TR is a joke, players actually think they are good stunning you to death whilst bypassing all Defensive stats and knocking you prone obviously bypassing all CC resist as well.

I have Trans Elven, all CC Resist Boons and 1500 Control Resist... yet still stunned to death and unable to fight back.

In all my games last night you had TR rolling around going 26-0 against some top Tanks, DC's and other players.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    edited January 2019
    I actually won this game but tell me... where is the balance here? https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/catchdizzfade/screenshot/11380524

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/catchdizzfade/screenshot/11380549 lol 56 kills between 3 TR lmao!

I could post 100's of peoples screenshots that are exactly like this.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe

jonkoca said:

Exactly as Im saying, problem isnt piercing, problem is its percentage which makes people frustrated because developers never bothered actualy think about pvp with introducing always even stronger and stronger gear. (In addition with defenses and hitpoints combined with shields, (no I will never stop mentioning that, get with it, its another problem as serious as TR piercing percentage).
    But things we are hearing here on forums, these plans to strip TR clean of any piercing, in addition nerf everything else are just insane and far worse than overkill.
    Argument : so stack more armpen LOL is in translation: yeah you have weakest class in game that needs more stats than any else and now we are going to nerf you even more so you can keep trying overstack EVERYTHING while having nothing, doesnt even belong here and is product of people who got no clue about TR mechanics and ALL they present as evidence in this endless trial aimed against TRs (yes, Im looking at you leonidrex) is mentioning people obviously making advantage of it, which as they obviously hope for, justifies TRs complete destruction. I honestly want to see all of your faces (and of course your nice anti-tr alliance is not going to work) when each group will be attemping to nerf another when this happens, and none of you is going to raise your hands to balance and nerf YOUR classes which is btw difference between me, trying to speak for survival of class while I want monster builds of TRs and ALL CLASSES out of the way and people Im seeing around, people who just wants to kill TR class while hoping no one will touch their immortality powers combined with their now even more buffed dps) when TRs will be out of the way and you will realise that pvp will be only about OPS and GFs (now its basicaly only about OPs, GFs, TRs from my experience).
    Maybe that day, you might finaly see my point, or not... it wont be my concern anymore as I can finaly start using favourite ignoration argument of "you are OP and so you should be ignored" (no, Im not going to forget this argument of yours, Leonidrex).
    exept you can find my wall of text full of bugs from paladin, some are positive some are negative. I am not blinded by hatred towards a class. TR is broken, plain and simple. Similar to how GF was busted with 2x dmg bug, its fixed, everyone remains silent about it now. You dont see me whining on the formus when Koca busts my HAMSTER for 75% of my HP from stealth, why? becouse there is a trade off. Want to have this broken piercing? pay for it somewhere else, want to have 85% deflection severity and 100% cc imunity, awesome what do you give up for it. I played against all kinds of players and builds and TR stands out as have it all out there, you dont see immortal gf that 100%->0% people anymore, when you meet a GWF he is fast, he is mostly CC immune and he brings the pain, but he doesnt survive well and he doesnt have busted CC. He cant have it all. But TR can, thats the issue. I dont even think people would mind that piercing if you could touch TR. I tried to duel alot of them, and only way to hurt them is to troll them for 10-15minutes nonstop untill they stop paying attenition and stop caring about using itc or dodging.
  • terylionterylion Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    WDJ Good Screen.
    I dont have problem with piercing dmg. I have problem with statistics and piercing dmg. Couse If Tr should choose between be a more tanky or more dps than will be mutch balanced. Now Tr like u show everyone, can kill everyone withouth even one dead. So Tell Me Eliasar, wher is Balance here? HR Archer hit Very strong, but he is squshy. He can die easly too. But this is very ok balance, if u want to kill on TR than die very often too. Simple. U wanna be more tanky, than u have mutch less kills but in in same time u have less deads. THats is really simple.

Im talking only about that balanced. I dont want situation when trs cant kill becouse of nerf, im talking about, u wanna kill, than u die, u wanna be a tank u have mutch less kills. Simple:)
    wdj40 said:

I actually do not want piercing damage removed from the game. My Archer has already taken a MASSIVE nerf by losing 25% Crit chance along with other bits of rubbish design planning.

Piercing damage is how I can finish off some enemies when their health actually gets low, without it peoples health shoot right back up again.

But Archer piercing damage is pretty minimal, I dont see why the TR piercing has to be so strong.

I played some games last night and can still see the TR is a joke, players actually think they are good stunning you to death whilst bypassing all Defensive stats and knocking you prone obviously bypassing all CC resist as well.

I have Trans Elven, all CC Resist Boons and 1500 Control Resist... yet still stunned to death and unable to fight back.

In all my games last night you had TR rolling around going 26-0 against some top Tanks, DC's and other players.

part of the charm, their dazing feat, dazing strike and Hatefull Knives seem to ignore CC resistance.( HK is prone so its supposed to do that? i think? wiki doesnt state that.)
    as for archer piercing, its around 10% of the damage right? its not even good against peeps that build defence, its against people that stack deflection, thats whats sad. Noticed that my poopy archer can only hurt TR with longshot :D
    As for removing it, if its gone you can take something else, or have something else in its place. MB make it deal 2x the damage but not ignore everything, its up to creative people to put something in its place.
    But here is the deal, now its fine. Whats the dmg from my poopy archer, 3-4k per atwill longshot. wait couple of mods, get better gear wait for powercreep and the number will keep growing, how long untill you can make archer that simply uses fast to cast encounter and chunk people down with longshot alone? my 10k HR can do around 35k Piercing damage with a rotation if i crit with everything. And that is solo. What happens in team setup, when you get stray 50% buff, and studdenly BiS archer could hit 200k from a rotation. That IS a problem Stray Buff to damage will up it, but stray buff to defence wont lower it to compensate. Now its fine but 2-4 mods later, who knows. We might see repeat of history huh.
    leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

part of the charm, their dazing feat, dazing strike and Hatefull Knives seem to ignore CC resistance.( HK is prone so its supposed to do that? i think? wiki doesnt state that.)
    as for archer piercing, its around 10% of the damage right? its not even good against peeps that build defence, its against people that stack deflection, thats whats sad. Noticed that my poopy archer can only hurt TR with longshot :D
    As for removing it, if its gone you can take something else, or have something else in its place. MB make it deal 2x the damage but not ignore everything, its up to creative people to put something in its place.
    But here is the deal, now its fine. Whats the dmg from my poopy archer, 3-4k per atwill longshot. wait couple of mods, get better gear wait for powercreep and the number will keep growing, how long untill you can make archer that simply uses fast to cast encounter and chunk people down with longshot alone? my 10k HR can do around 35k Piercing damage with a rotation if i crit with everything. And that is solo. What happens in team setup, when you get stray 50% buff, and studdenly BiS archer could hit 200k from a rotation. That IS a problem Stray Buff to damage will up it, but stray buff to defence wont lower it to compensate. Now its fine but 2-4 mods later, who knows. We might see repeat of history huh.
    I just messed about and tested Longshot a bit. Its a % of weapon damage and the bow is under 2k.

Anyhoo 3.3k-3.6k proc on using Rapid Strike over and over... And dont forget its only on Crits nothing else so you have to stack a huge amount of Crit to get anything out of it at all. I have like 20k Crit and still only at 65-70% chance.

Then buffed it with Prey, Trans Dread and Longstriders Shot and it procced for 5.5k-6k... its hardly game changing, without it the HR Archer will be much worse off, as it is HR is still one of the weaker classes around. Arrows should pierce some Armour thats exactly what they do and all Bows in this game are Longbows designed for Range and to pierce armour/shields of Knights etc.

If you just stood there and Rapid Shot someone you would harldy make a dent in 250k-400k HP and would soon die.

Thats as fully buffed I can make it myself
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

I just messed about and tested Longshot a bit. Its a % of weapon damage and the bow is under 2k.

Anyhoo 3.3k-3.6k proc on using Rapid Strike over and over... And dont forget its only on Crits nothing else so you have to stack a huge amount of Crit to get anything out of it at all. I have like 20k Crit and still only at 65-70% chance.

Then buffed it with Prey, Trans Dread and Longstriders Shot and it procced for 5.5k-6k... its hardly game changing, without it the HR Archer will be much worse off, as it is HR is still one of the weaker classes around. Arrows should pierce some Armour thats exactly what they do and all Bows in this game are Longbows designed for Range and to pierce armour/shields of Knights etc.

If you just stood there and Rapid Shot someone you would harldy make a dent in 250k-400k HP and would soon die.

i dont think piercing from HR is a problem, but for the peace of mind would like it gone, along with actual things that hurt archer, like buffing enemies, clunky and buggy animations, and hits not registering.
    wdj40 said:

I actually won this game but tell me... where is the balance here? https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/catchdizzfade/screenshot/11380524

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/catchdizzfade/screenshot/11380549 lol 56 kills between 3 TR lmao!

I could post 100's of peoples screenshots that are exactly like this.

Those players on other team ( he had to kill ) where pve'rs and didn't take much effort to kill them.
    So a weak pve player gets melted in dom solo by a tr and suddenly its OMG !!!, Tr killed me in 2 sec - its OP - NERF PLEASE !

Don't play pvp with your silly pve build with no defense/deflect but only power, crit, arp and expect not to be melted by any class !

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

i dont think piercing from HR is a problem, but for the peace of mind would like it gone, along with actual things that hurt archer, like buffing enemies, clunky and buggy animations, and hits not registering.
    Wait a min... buffing enemies?

What does that? I have not heard of that lol
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

as of mod 15 HR can buff enemies in pvp, with : hawkeye and oak skin ( yes you can heal enemies ) and possibely other things like fox shift or boar something.
    leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

as of mod 15 HR can buff enemies in pvp, with : hawkeye and oak skin ( yes you can heal enemies ) and possibely other things like fox shift or boar something.
    Oh you are kidding me... I use Stag Heart and Longstriders Shot as my buffs... I really hope LSS does not buff the enemy lol.

Luckily I have not messed about with Oak Skin yet, with the Maze Inspiration Boon Oak Skin was excellent and very under-rated before Mod 15 dropped.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

Oh you are kidding me... I use Stag Heart and Longstriders Shot as my buffs... I really hope LSS does not buff the enemy lol.

Luckily I have not messed about with Oak Skin yet, with the Maze Inspiration Boon Oak Skin was excellent and very under-rated before Mod 15 dropped.
    stag buffs enemies too, but luckily lss doesnt seem to do that
    leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

leonidrex said:

wdj40 said:

stag buffs enemies too, but luckily lss doesnt seem to do that
    Ah ha thats cool for me, I never use it in the middle of combat... Its a use when you have a free moment or there are no enemies around a team mate :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    That's HRs for you, we're so big-hearted we even buff our enemies.

We should get a nobel peace prize.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    jonkoca said:

That's HRs for you, we're so big-hearted we even buff our enemies.

We should get a nobel peace prize.

Ha ha lol.... It makes me laugh even more now... Buff the enemy but remove our Piercing damage. They might as well remove the bow altogether and we just throw spoons at the enemy :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    HR is worse than TR right now. They hit very hard, it is super hard to reach them, and they also can be super tanky.
    Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Yes they can be all those things. However the important thing to note is... thay cannot be all those things at the same time. I hit extremely hard as an archer. But I'm also very easy to kill. Lyncanthropic hits like a wet tissue as a trapper stunbot, but is very tanky. It is super hard to reach me, because after 3 mods of running away a lot... I've become very good at running away lol. I run away however, so I can get some distance, and I get some distance so... I can kill you 😃.

Trs can do everything at the same time right now, which is unfair.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I say close forums... so people cant complain anymore... leave customer support for those who need real help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!