test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATED] CTA Seasons Tokens of Heroes Issues

Comments

• jaylia#4441 jaylia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    3 days of doing 11-16 rounds of CTA, one Token of Heros to show for it...
  • kinpyrekinpyre Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    day 3 and only 1 token
  • roedynnbroedynnb Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just putting in my 2 cp worth:

1st Character: 3 tokens
    2nd & 3rd Characters: 2 tokens each
    4th Character: 1 token

Judging by the number of dye pots they each have (assuming 1/run), they have all done 32-40 CTA each.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Well I finally got a token today... 1st one of the event. After 8 runs of the CTA.

This bug is so inconsistent.
  • omegaospreyomegaosprey Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    So, fwiw, I got a token yesterday but not today. And by got a token I mean it didn't show up in my inventory but it does show up in the store panel at the bottom.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Same deal here. Ran 12 so far today but no token. I did notice that I got the blue horn today. Yesterday I got the blue horn on an alt and that alt couldn't get a token either.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • azanikazanik Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    First day, got the token on the 11th run, second day, got the token on the 10th run (as it's supposed to work), today, 13 runs, no token.
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    On the first day, i ran this with 4 Charcaters, all got a blue horn, no companion in the 10 runs, none got a token. (I kept the horns, i did not discard anything in this event)

On the second day, i ran it with 3 chars and all got a token after X runs (i can not really tell the exact number, because the counter was bugged. Ran the thing with a friend on 1 char and after she had 6 completions, my counter said 10. But it were no more then 12, judging from my dyes). Plus two companions.

Today, i ran with 3 again, 2 got the token after 6/7 runs (when the counter said 10 and both got the mount) and the other one took 10 runs.

Maybe, the horn prevents you from getting a token, on the day you receive it. I might test this out when i have some more time tomorrow.

Hope this helps.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    I'm closing in on forty runs for today with no token.

I am NOT amused.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    i think developers need to rethink the whole token after 10 runs thing. Better thing to do is to buy tokens from medal of battle or something and those you can only buy 3 per CTA. That would keep the idea and simplify the issue and get rid of the problem at the same time.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Any additional compensation for people being screwed out of the first round of the CTA season?
  • eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, I give up, close to 20 runs this morning, still no token. I tried: discarding mini Fastr and Horn, leaving from portal, cave and VIP-pole, nothing will do the trick. At one point I did get the "only 1 unique item allowed", I think thats bugged me.

It's just too fustrating to keep going imo. And add to that, that having to do at least 10 times makes alot of people with multi characters going afk, which only lead to more frustration. You could had given the monsters way more power so we actually had to work for it, but maybe only 3-5 times for the token.

So, once again devs: I see your really trying to bring in something new and interesting, but once again its a failed atempt, sadly..

EDIT: 11 more tries after the reset, still no token, and I had to discard my horn, which I really liked. I'm dont here, hopefully we all get the tokens afterwards..
    Post edited by eeng1 on
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    no token on any day on any char on my account
  • claudiojose01claudiojose01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I was not able to get yesterday (saturday 01/27) my token of heroes on my main character, even if I did run CTA 14 times.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    OK!

Ran my second batch of CTA today on CW.. did the ten, got two chests.. didnt open them, NO token , ran one more, No token.. gave up.

SO the answer isnt ALWAYS dont open the chests and you will get a token, simply not the case. There is more then just that going on , this is a mess and as usualy complete waste of our time.

For some reason the way its rewarded is way off..

What should be a simple counting code of if = ten, then true. You get a token isnt working, someone flubbed this up.. made it way too complicated and now its not working ..

I also agree, events should run from tuesday to tuesday or something.. giving a large portion of popluation , no matter thier work schedules to able to attend and also if they flub the dub up like this event.. they should be able to fix it.

Again.. NO TOKENS for running your CTA.. even with the "player" fix of not opening up the chests.. so its way more then just dont open up the chests.

Also.. dont come on here and tell me "all" game is a waste of time, so dont complain.. yes.. its "all" a waste of time.. I already know that.. jeepers people. BUT, I usually can choose what the.. waste of time that I want to that gets me stuff I want.. not.. hey lets run tons of stupid CTAs and get nothing for it, type of waste of time.

HOW are we , the ones who ran this HAMSTER to start with supposed to earn our tokens? I dont want to keep re running this HAMSTER, I would like the tokens I was supposed to earn already..

OR.. do what some of us suggested and ALLOW us to buy the griffons/weapons with medallions or TURN medallions into tokens please.

• midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    They even did an extra maintenance to fix this but the bug is still here.

People run this boring skirmish ten times per character to be rewarded with nothing but disappointment and frustration. No rewards and no compensation.

11 runs per character with 3 toons today, not a single token.
    Post edited by midnightita on
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    At my house, we've tried 4 runs across 2 accounts (2 per account).

- First character, got his token Friday on 10 runs even though he had 2 "Only one of a unique item" messages.
    - Second char, Saturday, 14 runs, 1 "only one unique item" msg, didn't open the chest, no token.
    - Third char, Sunday, 12 runs, deleted all items as soon as the run was done, no token.
    - Fourth char, Sunday, 10 runs, deleted all items as soon as run was done, received token.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but we didn't spot any "You have received a Token of Heroes!" type notification or message. Also, it did not appear to be visible in the Inventory currencies (or any other) tab. The only way we could tell if we received one is to check the vendor store after each run, which gets annoying. I mean, more annoying, added on to the annoyance of the rest of the event.

10 runs was taking about 32 minutes per character average, some of which was inventory checking/managing/selling/deleting. That means 3 tokens is a little over an hour and a half per character (assuming it worked), and 12 tokens (to get the two weapons) would total 6+ hours of running the same boring content over and over and over again (120 times) to receive two weapons, a few months from now, which we can't even tell are any good or not because they lack a set bonus.

(On various runs, we had 2-4 people AFKing, which made those runs take longer of course.)
  • nacsa76nacsa76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    3 days 30+ runs, 0 tokens.
    I also think, the special rewards (Fastr, Blue Horn) are the problem.
    When I got the "You can have only one…" message, the reward box goes in to the inventory.
    If You try to open it, and a special reward comes up, the CTA count goes up, but the box is still "closed".
    If You try to open it, and no special reward drops, you open the box, and CTA count goes up again.
    I think, If You got the "You can have…" message, that char is not going to get any tokens.
    I got unlucky, I got special rewards day 1, and day 2, and day 3 again....

I think I skip this Hamster…

Any advice?
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    My record:

Char 1
    Th: 11 runs 1 token
    Fr: 11 runs 1 token
    Sa: 12 runs no token
    Su: 17 runs no token

Char 2
    Th: 11 runs no token
    Fr: 4 runs 1 token
    Sa: 4 runs no token
    Su: 13 runs no token

I should be finished with this event by now for this cycle, but still only half way, what a waste of time
  • roedynnbroedynnb Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Here is my total as of Sunday. Number of runs are only minimums, based on 1 dye/run. Each character ran AT LEAST ten times per day:

Character 1: 51 runs, 1 Token
    Character 2: 32 runs, 3 Tokens (Yay!)
    Character 3: 47 runs, 2 Tokens
    Character 4: 45 runs, 2 Tokens

So, just two quick questions: Was this actually tested before release? And if so, does this tester still have their job?
  • celthil#8842 celthil Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    So what's the purpose of extending this event if you can't get tokens? 3 days 11+ runs per day and still have characters with no token some with 1 and the rare with 2. Why extend something that's broken? Since obviously nobody is working on a fix over the weekend extending does nothing. I've already ran enough times per character to get my 3 tokens and some enough for 5. It's time to just call it a fail and give everyone 3 tokens for your failed event.

I want to know what kind of compensation the players are going to get for this debacle and waste of their time and effort? I'm waiting to see because this is just another in a long, long line of bugs that apparently the devs or whoever doesn't know how to fix. Eventually your client base will get tired of your buggy content and releases and move on to games that actually do what they are supposed to, actually work properly or when they don't, they get a proper fix and compensated for their effort.
  • stallions12stallions12 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    im doing the event 3days filling the green bar and only have 1 token
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    (May be a re-post... one single edit and my earlier post disappeared)

At my house, we've tried 4 runs across 2 accounts (2 per account).

- First character, got his token Friday on 10 runs even though he had 2 "Only one of a unique item" messages.
    - Second char, Saturday, 14 runs, 1 "only one unique item" msg, didn't open the chest, no token.
    - Third char, Sunday, 12 runs, deleted all items as soon as the run was done, no token.
    - Fourth char, Sunday, 10 runs, deleted all items as soon as run was done, received token.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but we didn't spot any "You have received a Token of Heroes!" type notification or message. Also, it did not appear to be visible in the Inventory currencies (or any other) tab. The only way we could tell if we received one is to check the vendor store after each run, which gets annoying. I mean, more annoying, added on to the annoyance of the rest of the event.

10 runs was taking about 32 minutes per character average, some of which was inventory checking/managing/selling/deleting. That means 3 tokens is a little over an hour and a half per character (assuming it worked), and 12 tokens (to get the two weapons) would total 6+ hours of running the same boring content over and over and over again (120 times) to receive two weapons, a few months from now, which we can't even tell are any good or not because they lack a set bonus.

(On various runs, we had 2-4 people AFKing, which made those runs take longer of course.)
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    didn't get one the first day after 11 runs after the patch I have gotten 1 after 6 runs and 1 after 9 runs strange.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User

As for the people upset about 10 runs to get something. There are some things in this event that are pretty nice. You expect them to give you those things for 1 run per day?

Frankly having to do 10 runs to discover if you are randomly broken and wont receive a token is enough reason to critique the mechanism for being broken and for it being repetitively stupid. I am sure you could probably come up with a better way for people to earn the currency to purchase the nice things.

Broken is broken and stupid is stupid. Your mileage may vary.