test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Emergency Maintenance [1/25]

Comments

• mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    yesterday I did exactly 10 CTA and got nothing, like most people.
    today, b4 the patch I did 0 CTA and of course i still had no token.
    after the patch I did 1 CTA and now I have 1 token showing in the CTA store window.
    i have only done 1 out of 10 today.
    so do I have yesterdays missing token, or do I have todays token?????
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@kreatyve can somebody please communicate that the fix is NOT working for everybody, I got my second token on the character for which I got it on the 11th run yesterday also on the 11th run today. If that is intended then the tooltip needs changing. Others are reporting not getting it having done 11 or more.

They are being made aware.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • jaylia#4441 jaylia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    11 runs today and no token for today. I did get a token for, I assume, my 16 or so runs yesterday after a did 1 or 2 runs today, but nothing for today. Doesn't seem to be fixed...
  • jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    So there were/are multiple bugs in play. And they are not all fixed with today's patch.

There was needing 11 and not 10 (boundary condition). I believe this is fixed (but maybe not 100%?)

There was also the issue of the duplicate unique items. If you had a unique item (I think the blue quality battle horn is what does it, but maybe others) in your inventory from a previous run, and you would have gotten another from the chest in your current run, instead you get the message "You may only have 1 of a unique item." And instead of the chest contents being opened immediately and put in your inventory, a chest appears in your inventory. Opening that chest in your inventory causes the event counter to increment again (a second time for that run) and that seems to bug the character for that day. The counter could hit 10, still no token. You can count your own runs (pen and paper) and when you hit 10 still no token, you could do 20, 30 40 - still no token.

That second bug is not fixed at all today!!!

This got complicated for me to count, because today's character that it is happening to keeps having the duplicate item. Yesterday, I was able to get a token on her from doing 11 because she never got that duplicate item message.

Most of the time I opened that chest in inventory after I left zone. Not sure if that is significant.

This makes for such a waste of player's time. Especially if you are trying to do this on multiple characters. Am I going to do 10 and still not get it?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

11 runs today and no token for today. I did get a token for, I assume, my 16 or so runs yesterday after a did 1 or 2 runs today, but nothing for today. Doesn't seem to be fixed...

If you have 1 or 2 tokens right now today - you are fine.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    As of right now, the CTA has 3d 21hrs to run, but the CTA:SEASON says 2d 21hrs.
    so have you extended the CTA, but forgotten to extend the SEASON event as well???
  • jaggededge#3144 jaggededge Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still not fixed. They need a new QA manager, the current one doesn't know the job very well. I haven't been in tech for a long time but I'm SURE I could do a less terrible job.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Appears all my posts were removed. So lets start over.

1. I have now run 25 skirms today.. before the patch.. no token, come back, ran several .. , relogged and tried again and again.. nothing, no token for today.

2. Some people are GETTING 3 tokens for today.. yes, they truely are, whole I wont name no names.. its not their fault, this is ludicrous that some of us are getting NO tokens, while some are getting more then intended tokens.

3. @nitocris83 please, please.. allow griffons and weapons to be bought with medallions instead for us who are unlucky and are getting no tokens. 2k for griffon and 1k per weapon set.. this is alot of grinding, but at least we can purchase the stuff.

Please let us know, but right now, the event is SO broken its not worth spending hours and hours getting nothing .
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    11/10 today on my second toon, 0 tokens in inventory or at the store.
    r000kie said:

Seeing is already Friday evening in Europe, my guess the event will pass until we'll get a fix. At least we got a nice fire-breathing mount out of it.

Well.. its not just europeaons getting screwed over.. I dread Tales of Old.. when they cant even code this thing .. it shouldnve have been coded the way it was..

They shouldve just allowed us to buy the darn thing with medallions like any other cta thing.. it was thier "insipid" thought that it should take FOUR ctas that drove this bad coding.. and it was a BAD thought.. totally unnecessary. For minor upgrade alt weapons.. shouldve just let us grind them out as we desired.

Bad move all around, bad processes and terrible event.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    Ran 11x yesterday, ran 11x today... Still no token of heroes. I understand wanting us to run this 30x per event, but at this point I've run 2/3 of that and just thinking of running 30 more times... I mean come on.

PLEASE just retroactively reward us with tokens. It would be a real sign of good faith. You could put them on the reclaims agent to be claimed once per character. YES, some people might get it on toons that didn't run the event, but I actually think that's a good recompense for releasing content with a broken reward system.
  • trouble#8887 trouble Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Didn't got 1 yesterday on my main even after some 20 CTAs.
    Today I got 1 when the season bar was at 5/10, I kept going up to 11 and didn't got another as expected, but getting one at 5/10 was strange, this doesn't work even when it works.

On my 2nd char I got 1 yesterday after 11 CTAs. Today I got none after 14 CTAs....strange again.
    thestia said:

Ran 11x yesterday, ran 11x today... Still no token of heroes. I understand wanting us to run this 30x per event, but at this point I've run 2/3 of that and just thinking of running 30 more times... I mean come on.

PLEASE just retroactively reward us with tokens. It would be a real sign of good faith. You could put them on the reclaims agent to be claimed once per character. YES, some people might get it on toons that didn't run the event, but I actually think that's a good recompense for releasing content with a broken reward system.

If they wont just put them in for medallions this at least would be ok.. give anyone who has run the envent the three tokens if they dont have it..

again.. what a pain for you guys. but you know, its not our issue. Its yours.

I have run 12 yesterday to get a token and 25 today with no token.. so thats 37.. i already have run your total.. but with one token.

The whole system is just stupid..
    was this even tested?
  • kolo7kol9kolo7kol9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I don't think so^^
  • tholthertholther Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    I just run with one of my characters and got no token after 10/10 CTA
    Weird thing is that before that I did get 1 token on my other character. I wonder if this token are only meant for 1 per account. Anyone knows?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

Personally, I can't wait to see what patch the patch for the patch requires. You guys need to beef up that Quality Assurance team to make sure debacles like this stop happening. From a seasoned developer and development team lead standpoint, some heads would be rolling over issues like this in my company.

For real. Failures like this in our software can result in Loss of Crew. Take a guess as to what that means.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    First and second characters, who did not get tokens yesterday, did get their first tokens today. Third character got no token either yesterday or today, and really doesn't make me want to bother trying with any of my other characters.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    When unrealistic guidelines and expectations are placed on a team, its rarely the teams fault.

XYZ has to be done by tomorrow.. but sir thats 55 hours of coding.. blank stare.. why are you talking then, get coding.

This is what happens when you pull off team members to work on another mmos.. crappy content, because current team cannot handle it. Im pretty sure I can already surmise its not entirely their fault.

The game isnt doing well thats for sure , with all of these shortcuts.

They go home in a couple of hours.. good for them, they deserve a weekend too.. just someone with authority get on here and let us know that tokens will be handed out at least.. Many of us made better suggestions for later event.. recode second try differently.. just make it so you earn tokens with medallions, or allow us to buy it straight out with medallions..

what a whatever..

• aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Yeah this isn't fixed at all, lots of issues over multiple toons for me. As a developer I'm normally quite defensive about criticism towards devs etc. but this time round it is a crock of s**t. What shouldn't have been a significant amount of work is pretty much a screw up. If I'd shipped this to a live environment I would be hiding in shame - not to mentioned getting my a$$ handed to me.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    The message needs to come down from upper management that cost and schedule pressures should never be allowed to drive down first-time quality. Further, when someone farther down the chain makes the decision to let the schedule slip because there is no other choice, upper management needs to back him up. That's not to say that there isn't a responsibility to do one's best to recognize and mitigate risks as far in advance as possible, but sometimes even your best efforts aren't enough to prevent a schedule slip. Every project has a battle rhythm, and risk management is a part of that rhythm, but sometimes cost or schedule simply have to give.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited January 2019
    was it this bugged last year?
    edit: 2017
    They didnt have this last year.. this is a updated CTA.. ctas had become irrelevant, after you ran them the first year. This was supposed to be a reboot to offer more reason to do them.

Update-- after 12 skirms.. my hr got a token.
    after 30 skirms.. NONE for my dc.. thanks.. at least OLD days cta was worth 2k a run.. that is another issue, but 2k back in a run please..

They didnt have this last year.. this is a updated CTA.. ctas had become irrelevant, after you ran them the first year. This was supposed to be a reboot to offer more reason to do them.

I AM running more of them, lots more hoping to get a token on any of my 19 characters.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    r000kie said:

calculating the UTC time

UTC is not calculated. Is a fixed reference all other time zones are calculated from. Is also NOT adjusted for daylight saving time, NEVER.

GMT is, so during the summer in UK GMT is not the same as UTC, but UTC+1. Is not rocket science, and if people find themselves confused about these time zones they can set their phones to show a secondary PT time and get over it already.

Hopefully this imbecility called daylight saving time in Europe will end and we'll stick with the summer time even in winter. Most people do not wake at 5am any more to go to their jobs, but all of us would appreciate more daylight in the evening.

As per this maintenance, I'm looking forward to do another 60 skirmishes today. Thanks you devs for not taking into account our time spent yesterday and put us in our place. Who do we think we are?

The confusion arises because Cryptic announces two nonequivalent times for the maintenance.
    The Pacific time they give you during winter never corresponds to the appropriate UTC. When you trust they are not giving you wrong info, you will use the information from the time zone with which you are more familiar. If UTC is more familiar to you, you will take that as the correct time, and won't even notice that the PT doesn't correspond to the UTC they announce (and miss the exact times).
    Since they apparently can't convert time zones (this has been "fixed" before already), it would be better if they just announced a single time zone they can get right. It's better to have the right time in an unfamiliar time zone than the wrong time in a familiar one.

Or they could use a tooltip for the UTC, that way people would know not to trust it.
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Yesterday I didn't get a token till I ran 11 skirmishes on main. So I ran 11 on multiples (getting tokens on 4) and had no issues till I got the chest in my inventory saying duplicate item which screwed that character... I ran a lot more than 11 and never got one on that toon. On my main today...I got the chest on 3rd or 4th run saying duplicate... I think it increased my count by 1 when I opened. Now he is screwed for the day, as I have ran 13-14 and got another duplicate chest... No token, and time wasted.
  • mickyce#8848 mickyce Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    i don't understand.. i have 3 toons

-Dc yesterday 11 runs and take token
    today 15 runs and no token

-Gf yesterday 11 runs anda take token
    today 11 runs and take token

-Op yesterday 30 runs and no token
    Today 1 run and take token..

exactly how this pach works? it's again bugged this event?

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    This event is bugged.

I did 11 runs yesterday, and got 1 token.

I did 11 runs this morning (server reset) to refill bar, BEFORE patch, and got 0 tokens.

After emergency maintenance, I did 2 runs, and got 2 tokens.

Total runs: 24
    Total tokens: 3

The bug is helping me, but in comparison to others (like Kelt who is in the same guild), its bugged.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends