test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Emergency Maintenance [1/25]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Neverwinter (PC only) will undergo emergency maintenance tomorrow, January 25, from 7am to 9am PT to address an issue with the Token of Hero not being awarded to some players after meeting the skirmish run requirements. In addition:
  • We are extending the Call to Arms event by one day. It will last until Tuesday 7:30am PT
  • The maximum number of Tokens of Heroes that can be gained over the course of this event is still 3
The build version number will remain the same and no other changes are planned during this update.

Comments

• tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    for those of us who ran the 10/10 requirement, will we get the credit (and token) or will we have to rerun 10 more for today's token?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Thank you for the extension.
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    thx
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    tazz4now said:

for those of us who ran the 10/10 requirement, will we get the credit (and token) or will we have to rerun 10 more for today's token?

This.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    And if they give a token for those that did at least 10 skirmishes will those that already got one get another one?
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    They're extending the event, so you most likely won't get tokens for what's been done.
    FrozenFire
    I just relogged in and ran the event on 2 characters for an 11th time, token was showing in the store, one character got the blue horn earlier, one had nothing "unique", my 3rd character had the blue horn and the purple drake and did not receive the token on the 11th run, not sure if that helps the devs or not
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Thanks for getting to it quickly, but please answer question above...if extending by one day does this mean those that got the token will have four after?
    If this is case then all should be awarded the token they did not get
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    update: it is also not awarding other random things from chests....e.g. open chest on completing says ancient curio then nothing in inv.
    sigh
  • aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2019

And if they give a token for those that did at least 10 skirmishes will those that already got one get another one?

PLEASE answer this. I did it on 7 characters 10 times - no token

@jizzu#6891 the ancient curio is under the currency tab, you have to take that to the "dishelved" vendor in PE and he will exchange it for a Xvim item, I hope this helps
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    GIVE US A FREE TOKEN!!!!
    WE PLAY 10/10 SHIRMISHES AND GOT NOTHING!!!
    SEARCH IN SERVEL LOG WHO PLAYS 10/10 SHIRMISHES AND GIVE US FREE TOKEN!!!

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    evemj said:

A measure to autoban the zero-contribution bots would be great, too. 30 secs of doing nothing in a 1 min run should be enough.

I loath bots. But there have been several times where I've had trouble even finding an enemy to swat at before Frastr goes down. This CTA really needs some work. It's aweful.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    @kreatyve can you give Cryptic the message that being incapable of correctly calculating the UTC time for maint that's displayed on the launcher AGAIN gives the very strong impression that they don't give a "£$% about their non American users. It's not complicated, it's pacific +8 in winter, +7 in summer, 7-9 would have been 14-16 in the summer, but is 15-17 now.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I wish they'd just drop the UTC notation and just specify Pacific Time so everyone can stop QQig over the timezone. I don't live in PT, but I also don't bother looking at UTC - I just know the time difference from the time Cryptic shows (7am) and where I am and I just calculate it in my head...
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    sigh another failed event
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    kvet said:

I wish they'd just drop the UTC notation and just specify Pacific Time so everyone can stop QQig over the timezone. I don't live in PT, but I also don't bother looking at UTC - I just know the time difference from the time Cryptic shows (7am) and where I am and I just calculate it in my head...

For us, UTC IS our timezone in winter and the number of questions asked in game about when maint is and people logging out an hour early and expecting it up an hour early would be avoided if they got it right. It's more complicated around the time the hour changes (Europe and the US move it on different dates) so it would be good if they established a protocol that got it right.

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    How do you release something new without testing whether it works?

Free Griffon to everyone now.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kvet said:

For us, UTC IS our timezone in winter and the number of questions asked in game about when maint is and people logging out an hour early and expecting it up an hour early would be avoided if they got it right. It's more complicated around the time the hour changes (Europe and the US move it on different dates) so it would be good if they established a protocol that got it right.

Apologies. It's been corrected.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

How do you release something new without testing whether it works?

Free Griffon to everyone now.

I think that it was tested. It was working for some people. That probably included the QA person who tested it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ordinaryplayer#2642 ordinaryplayer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    @nitocris83

*All* CTA should be extended* .. 30 runs over 4 days .. with the bulk many users of Thursday eaten up by patching/event not happening?

Lots of better ideas in another thread
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1245580/cta-event-requires-too-many-repetitions
    Post edited by ordinaryplayer#2642 on
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the update and the extension! For some reason I got it after my 6th run today after not getting it after 11 runs yesterday.
  • alcasaar#7232 alcasaar Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Give us or free tokens that whe urn normaly after all the matches !
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    OK, I was not getting my token and I thought I was doing something wrong. I think the explanation of what you actually need to do on these events is too vague.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I ran 6 toons through their 10 skirmishes last night.

*Zero* got a token. Not a single one. So, while I do appreciate the extension, an the fix coming in, it's frustrating to go through all that for mostly nothing (only mostly because I ended up with 2 mounts, 4 blue horns).
  • ausfire66ausfire66 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

kvet said:

Don't forget us Aussies UTC +10 (and other Oceanics) where we are ahead of you all !!!