test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashes consistently.

baggdaudibaggdaudi Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Game crashes randomly and consistently. I'm using an Xbox one X, cat 6 ethernet cable. 100mbs down. Only Neverwinter has this issue, all my other games start and work fine (Warframe, assassin's Creed, call of duty, Halo, Halo wars).
I'll turn on my Xbox, and start Neverwinter , it gets to the first screen (Valindra) after a few seconds then it just goes back to Xbox home screen. Some times after about 10 attempts (or more) , I'll get to character screen and play. if i can get to this point the game will randomly crash. Sometimes after 5 minutes sometimes after one hour. Once it crashes, I cannot get past valindra screen unless I keep trying. Sometimes it works most of the time it doesn't. I don't get any warning messages.
I have tried several things to resolve this issue myself. I have tried
Hard reset, clearing cache, removing my Xbox profile, using my friends profile, resetting Xbox, reinstalling Xbox at least 10 times, installing from Microsoft store, bought an external drive and installed it there.
Had my friend log into my profile on his Xbox and game worked fine.
I contacted ARC and Microsoft about this issue. They haven't been able to resolve this issue.
Also I used to play this game all the time since mod 5 until mod12. Stopped playing for a year and just came back to the game. The only thing different from then and now is have an Xbox one X now instead of Xbox one. I have a video of this happening.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• dracksmcclouddracksmccloud Member Posts: 1 New User
    Every time i start u and hit the STO app. it flashes like its starting and then crashes the xbox where it turns the xbox completely off. Once i restart my xbox and does a full restart its fine.
  • jslegge1901jslegge1901 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I have this issue when resuming Neverwinter. I'll play for a while, take a break and watch some Netflix, then return to Neverwinter and it crashes at the Valindra screen. Only workaround I know if is to quit the game and restart.
  • cptsternn#2510 cptsternn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I have the same issue and it occurs when I resume Neverwinter. I have two Xbox Ones - one it setup to download updates in the background and the other shuts down fully. The one that downloads updates in the background is the one that has the issue. When I shut down that Xbox then come back later in the day to play Neverwinter again is when it crashes. And I also can confirm about half the time it actually causes the Xbox to fully reboot.
  • draco16#8040 draco16 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I have the same problem since the last mod dropped. Every time I log in I get my xbox turned off. When will this Ben corrected?
    The Draconic Brotherhood GH 20
    Escape the Ordinary GH 20

Lord Havok GWF
    Lady Icethorn CW
    Brother Heals DC
    Lord Bubble OP
    Sister Tetera GF
  • samdamm#8810 samdamm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    When I start the game, 5 times out of 10 it shuts down my console. Sick of it, time to uninstall as it clearly shows by this thread that the problem exists and is being ignored