test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 15 do builds

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
so shockingly.. the do doesn't appear to be dead. I"m still seeing requests for the do for high end stuff. what build would you use in mod 15. I have to imagine it's all different now. of course, by next week the do may be done with rigor mortis... but what are you using?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    The DC as a whole is very good, with the universal kit of EmpBtS, dDG, and HG making DC the strongest of the supporting classes. The reason that people say DO is dead is because, assuming you already have a good AC DC, what uniqueness DO provides is very little.

As for DO builds, there are only two that are of note, and they're the same as always: you're either running DPS DO or you're just running your AC gear while on a DO spec.

The reasons are the same too: DO isn't too heavily gear reliant to buff effectively, so you can decide to play as DPS to contribute to the burns, or be lazy and pull a support DO build out when you already have an AC in 10 player content.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I think for the most part on console where you do not have keybind, the whole concept of a "good" ac is mostly a lie. lol. I think there are probably very few people who can do all that people are expecting of the ac without interruption as fast as required. it just isn't humanly possible. starting to see it in alliance chat too. people are posting giant rampages about the kind of ac they expect. this is precisely why I won't play an ac this mode. the expectations are wild.

I was expecting dps do build would be a bit different now with the various changes?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I think for the most part on console where you do not have keybind, the whole concept of a "good" ac is mostly a lie. lol. I think there are probably very few people who can do all that people are expecting of the ac without interruption as fast as required. it just isn't humanly possible. starting to see it in alliance chat too. people are posting giant rampages about the kind of ac they expect. this is precisely why I won't play an ac this mode. the expectations are wild.

I was expecting dps do build would be a bit different now with the various changes?

AC DC requires over 24K recovery. Most groups want a AC DC when you are the only DC to keep up AA and Hollow ground which is next to impossible. You can do very good with 32-40K recovery almost keeping both up but there will be times when you have to pick between them. With that said adding a DO to the group the AC now only needs to do AA and the DO is can do hollow ground. This improves everyones damage as power is constantly up and every gets hollow ground and TI bonus damage from the DO. The biggest hit is that there is no more FF and BtS as FF is now worthless. This allows the DO to run PoD, DG, DL, or Chains as they see fit as long as they run PoD.

The biggest hit to double DCs was a 10% damage buff loss from TI and the damage buff from FF. This made SW Templocks better at buffing over a DO in mod 15. But if you run a 4 buff and 1 DPS group or more like a 5 buff DPS group due to CW Renegade path you get a very good and quick run.

IMO the current meta is as followed...GF DPS tank, OP Devo, AC or DO DC, Templock and CW DPS Renegade build.

The AC DC has immunity from AA and power sharing which is ok but with this group you have a OP providing power already making the AC DC power not as effective and keeping HG and AA up can be a problem at time. IMO a DO is more viable if immunity is not really needed so the DO would run PoD, BtS and DG along with keeping HG constantly and since damage buff are multipliers it makes the DO 10% damage buff viable. Not to mention if the DO took the feat to share power that is an additional 10% of the DC base power. If the DO is normally a AC DC and running as DO they have quite a bit of power to share to the group.

I still see the need for DO in mod 15 until the devs completely remove the group buff damage from TI in mod 16; once that happens DO will be a DPS build and AC will be the buff/healer build.

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    DO isn’t useless, but it’s definitely not needed. AC has the primary buff slot more or less on lockdown, while DO usually competes with Templock for the “supporting DPS/utility” slot.

The optimal build for DO in Mod 15 is AC.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    i think RJC9000 covered it above DO DC isn't really dead but if you have a good AC then it becomes less effective and grabbing another support would make more sense but if your AC DC isn't all that good it's still viable to grab a DO DC they can be the ones empowering BTS while the AC fully empower exhalt instead because debuff from POD is kinda meh when u have so much party debuffs aleready it also takes tall of having to cast double daily for the AC so over all having 2 DC is not a bad idea so i would say right now the DC meta is very balanced as if you have a really good AC it minimizes the need of DO wich last mods wasn't a choice due to how much the DCs were offering
    just another thing to keep in mind for some classes that spam encounters having double dc can be useful for double hastening light (now this isn't all that good but well timed dailies could make difference for classes that rely on encounters for burst or dmg in general and makes lower end parties taht don't have access to high recovery from keeping buffs up )
    so in summery the DO DC is not dead and it's not absolutely the best it's all situational wich as it should be " Balanced"

as for build just same from old modules apart that u can empter BTS so AC empowers exhalt etc for more dmg buff and ofc pod etc still a thing so yeah
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I can solo DC in any dungeon other than the 10 man raids as a DO with little effort. If I’m in a group of misfits, I might switch to AC in T9...

And where has it been written the TI grp buff is going away in mod16?
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @lordnagy#1603 said:
    > I can solo DC in any dungeon other than the 10 man raids as a DO with little effort. If I’m in a group of misfits, I might switch to AC in T9...
    >
    > And where has it been written the TI grp buff is going away in mod16?

It’s not about being able to do it or not; it’s about perception of the meta and the steps that Cryptic devs have already taken to devalue DO as a party support while leaving AC untouched thus far.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited January 2019

I can solo DC in any dungeon other than the 10 man raids as a DO with little effort. If I’m in a group of misfits, I might switch to AC in T9...

And where has it been written the TI grp buff is going away in mod16?

There is nothing written as it is my best guess of the devs completely removing the double DC mentality. They did a good job and now it is Templock and AC/DC but the reality is a DO can fill in for either one of those classes. DO seem less called for now but my guess is the devs want DOs to be true DPS and not buff DPS like we have now. But who knows what the devs have planned; for all we know the devs maybe will make all classes buff DPS come mod 16.

Post edited by mebengalsfan#9264 on