What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Reference] Power Sharing

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    pitshade said:

Mod 14 'of the dead' artifact set?

It shares, and can be proc'd out of combat (although that cooldown is brutal and doesn't have an icon).

On a related note, primal arms can also be proc'd (and in some cases multi-proc'd) out of combat.

That matters for happy people who want to AA in the pink circle before combat starts.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I was asked about the arti set and mentioned the ICD. Good to know it can work outside combat, but IMO either mix and match (my setup) or MW3 is probably best and neither ties you a fixed artifact.

I finally got my Executioner gloves so no more Primal for me. (they came from a salvage box, and then trollingly, another pair dropped from CR chest the same night!) Just need 20 seals for Boots.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Edit... Nvm, I messed up. Forget that >.<
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Edit... Nvm, I messed up. Forget that >.<</p>

Disagree

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    rjc9000 said:

Edit... Nvm, I messed up. Forget that >.<</p>

Disagree
    The maths was correct, I just somehow forgot that a DC buffs themselves with AA which was where the extra 1000 was coming from. It was still useful anyhow, since it just shows that the dragonborn racial is even better then people assume it is and the race is probably bis for every single build including dps as it gets applied multiple times to things and scales off buffed power, including off of AA :smirk: That was what I had been testing anyhow, when I messed up with the ring.
    pitshade said:

Someone asked about the power buff from Chain of Scales. Has it been tested?

Finally got around to this. It does not count, unfortunately :(

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Even less reason to slot the silly thing then.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited September 2018
    I tried for a long while to get Blood Lust boon to proc on my DC, to no avail.

Admittedly I was hitting with like 40% crit since I was stripped down a bit but I wasn't able to see any indicator that stacks were building and I certainly never got a 2400 power boost.

I tried against dummies in port nyancat, caer kony, and against random mobs in river district and tower district. Even with well over 50 crits within a minute of continuous combat, I wasn't able to get the boon to proc.

Does it even work? Does anyone run it on a proper crit build that could check it out? Or is the "chance on crit" so small that working up to 10 stacks over the course of combat is too hard...

Edit: did more testing. Instead I equipped my bonding pet and got to steady state bonding power by repeatedly hitting target dummy. With bondings, I was able to crit way more (tried with both OP and DC) and occasionally witnessed very brief but dramatic jumps in power.

I can't get the math work out, because the brief blips are way more power than expected and not consistent.

For instance on OP:
    out of combat with companion: 44,452
    in combat bonding steady state: 82,077
    sudden blip: 88,669 (+6,592 over steady state).

And on DC:
    out of combat with companion: 41,631
    in combat bonding steady state: 58,460
    sudden blip: 76,003 (+17,543 over steady state... not a typo)

I've gotten the blips to happen multiple times, and they arrive at the same power values each time, but they don't make any sense. OP is supposed to be sharing 25% of power, and DC is only sharing 10% through WoL (wasn't using BoB or AA). Why is DC getting bigger bump?

I swear I was all alone testing and there weren't errant OPs and DCs riding by, but who knows I could be wrong. That would point to the boon being broken and never proc'ing...

So either the boon is not proc'ing, or so inconsistent (sometimes took me upwards of 2min of at-will hits with 70% crit to get it to trigger) and so shortlived (less than 5sec, which is less than boon describes), that it is currently not worth taking.

Edit 2: did even more testing. Couldn't get it to proc at all. No indicator on buff bar. My earlier tests must have had a power sharer ride by somehow. Conclusion still holds:

TL;DR: Blood Lust is not proc'ing or all borked up right now, take your pick @rjc9000
    Post edited by dupeks on
    dupeks said:

So either the boon is not proc'ing, or so inconsistent (sometimes took me upwards of 2min of at-will hits with 70% crit to get it to trigger) and so shortlived (<5sec, which is less than boon describes), that it is currently not worth taking.

TL;DR: Blood Lust is not proc'ing or all borked up right now, take your pick @rjc9000 </p>

I wouldn't be surprised, that in a case of the classic "Quality Assurance", the tooltip is written with exact wording: you can only gain one stack per minute.

Otherwise, maybe I can roll onto preview at some point to help you with the tests. Maybe the buff does not show on the buffbar?

edited September 2018
    rjc9000 said:

Maybe the buff does not show on the buffbar?

It did not appear in the buff bar in any way for me... maybe I'm doing something wrong. I tried to take off any proc-inducing things that could interfere, but had some gear for crit.

I don't think the boon is proc'ing at all right now.
  • cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    For the life of me, I can't seem to get the Knotted Garbs to powershare. Has anyone else tried?
    Update: Originally tested the garb on preview, which didn't poweshare. On Live it shares fine... no clue why that is but will retry on Nov 6th. :P
  • odskyr#3177 odskyr Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Hi all - does anybody knows, what the arithmetical, highest possible base power is and what is necessary to reach this?
    @someonedies - Sorry, but i don't see an answer to my question there.

Hi all - does anybody knows, what the arithmetical, highest possible base power is and what is necessary to reach this?

I don't have a precise answer for you, but it's somewhere in the mid-high 60's now. This keeps changing with new items released (for instance the active bonus changes to scarecrow etc.).

I think my DC is in the 64k-65k range now, but I'm not BiS and see at least another 1k I could reach for.

You have to go all base power on all your gear/artis/enchants, companion actives, stack AC insignia bonus, 4k power mount.
    dupeks said:

I don't have a precise answer for you, but it's somewhere in the mid-high 60's now. This keeps changing with new items released (for instance the active bonus changes to scarecrow etc.).

I think my DC is in the 64k-65k range now, but I'm not BiS and see at least another 1k I could reach for.

You have to go all base power on all your gear/artis/enchants, companion actives, stack AC insignia bonus, 4k power mount.
    I would say that a BiS level base Power looks to be around 68kish, from what I have seen. I would check using that one gear simulator, but not all items in said simulator have been updated (ex: no update of the Skeleton and/or Archmage's Apprentice).

In Module 15, I would not hesitate to say 70k+ base Power is attainable at a BiS level, with the advent of new gear and boons available.

Thanks a lot for this informations :)
  • sakamoto#9470 sakamoto Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi,

Has anyone tested if Wiggins The Undead Intern companion active bonus counts towards power share?.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Wiggins_the_Undead_Intern
    Wiggins the Undead Intern Review

Pros:
    • Counts as basepower for power-share
    • Assassin's Covenent benefits from the proc
    • Recalculates basepower after proc, so 5% of 60k basepower = 3000 + 150 + 7.5 for a total of 3157.5 basepower
    • Can earn 20 extra acorns a week
    Cons:
    • Unreliable proc. If you slot Wiggins for the first time, die, enter a new zone, the bonus may not proc. Sometimes you have un-summon/re-summon your pet to make it work. (Still testing)
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Heads up for you, the makos spare pants from the new M15 skirmish (Manycoins Bank Heist) does NOT count towards powersharing which violates the rule of thumb.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Have anyone retested augment companiost? In the last time comes so many new augments . Maybe it's changed to powershare .. So augment have a new chance to equip
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Has anyone tested the Mount Combat power of Legendary Adolescent Deepcrow?

For 10 seconds your Power increases by 7.5% is this power-shareable?

EDIT: what about pioneer weapons? Has it already been tested?

1)Does the 1k Power from Pioneer group bonus count as powershare?
    2)Does the 1k Defense from Pioneer group bonus get converted into Power through Assassin's Covenant?
    3)Does the 1k Armor Penetration from Pioneer group bonus get converted into Power through Berserker's Rage?
    Post edited by vincentr6669 on
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Pioneer weapons already are in the list, they count as base power.

No idea for the deepcrow.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    artifleur said:

You are right, i did not see it.

But what about +1k Armor Penetration and +1k Defense granted by Pioneer's Set Party Bonus? Do they get affected by Assassin's Covenant and Berserker Rage?

artifleur said:

You are right, i did not see it.

But what about +1k Armor Penetration and +1k Defense granted by Pioneer's Set Party Bonus? Do they get affected by Assassin's Covenant and Berserker Rage?
    They do.

In general, there appear to be analog "base" defense, arpen, deflect, and recovery stats, and certain mechanics interact use them. For example I believe protector's camaraderie/friendship defense bonus is calculated using base defense and negation enchant works on base recovery.

One thing to note about Assassin's Covenant is if you stack multiple copies of it, it calculates each one separately, so each copy beyond the first calculates the benefit using reduced base stat numbers (lowered by the prior AC subtraction being applied)

Don't know about the deep crow, sorry. I wouldn't be overly optimistic though, as it might be based on the same power template as Tenser's floating disk (which doesn't count). Who knows though, since recently added stuff has been counting more often than not... YMMV
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User

How do you test this? I have the deep crow but not 100% sure how to test this

b0rkch0p said:

How do you test this? I have the deep crow but not 100% sure how to test this

Option 1:

0. Send me an Adolescent Legendary Deepcrow on live.
    1. Let me figure it out.

Option 2:

1. Grab a 2000 (or 4000) Power Dominant Force mount, grab a friend too for more accurate results. Make sure you and your friend aren't uglyborn for ease of testing.
    2.Go to preview.
    (possible on live, but very hard to isolate sources of power on live)

(remove equipment, mounts, insignias, companions, and boons. tell your friend to go in complete birthday suit, no gear, boons, equipment, feats, companions, anything.)

4. Equip the Dominant Force mount equip bonus.
    5. Decide which "powershare source" you wish to use for your testing (be it Weapons of Light, Battle Fervor, or AA).
    6. Once you have decided, equip/slot in that power. Then, use your Deepcrow Mount. Keep track of what your Power was after using the Deepcrow mount.
    7. Use your Power share feat/power on teammates.
    8. Check teammate power.

In theory, it should be a % of your Power increased.

Ex: I chose Battle Fervor as my method and I use a 2000 Power Dominant Force mount.

I use the mount and should have 2150 Power (2000*1.075). I then use Blessings of Battle while my stripped teammate is nearby. I check their power.

If their Power is 322 or 323 (depending on how the game wants to round), then it is converted through Powershare (2150 *0.15). If it is merely 300, it is not converted through Powershare (2000*0.15).

• b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    rjc9000 said:

Option 1:

1. Let me figure it out.

rofl.. you had me at 0. =] Is it possible to remove all boons? or would I need ot do a respec. (I've never found a way to respec on preview .. or am I missing it)

I'll see what I can come up with tonight.. happy to help..
    b0rkch0p said:

rjc9000 said:

Option 1:

1. Let me figure it out.

rofl.. you had me at 0. =] Is it possible to remove all boons? or would I need ot do a respec. (I've never found a way to respec on preview .. or am I missing it)

I'll see what I can come up with tonight.. happy to help..
    On preview, you can go to the Zen store and you can buy loadouts, respec tokens, and Power Points for free. The respec tokens should let you remove all your boons.