test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant lag spikes after last patch

xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
I'm experiencing a lot of lag spikes after the last patch. Every 4/5 seconds my ping doubles and the framerate drops from 60 to 40. That shouldn't be a problem if it wouldn't repeat every time in every map, in every instance... everywhere. By the way that's not a connection problem or a pc problem. I monitored all the programs that might have an impact on performance and connection on my pc. That's a server problem and I am not the only one experiencing it

Comments

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I and my wife are getting a lot of rubberbanding since yesterday's patch. So that's two different computers and, since one of them is my work laptop, that's actually two different connection locations which are an hour apart (geographically). So that means it's even two different ISPs that are involved. (I connect at work to do invocations and manage professions.)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    Is the lag because of the patch or it is because many people were patching?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    The problem is not caused by people patching. The problem is caused by the patch. Everyone is having this problem in the game. The funny fact is that, in the best case, this is gonna be fixed with the next patch... next week. Good job on keeping the game full of bugs, bethesda is nothing compared to cryptic :wink:

The problem is not caused by people patching. The problem is caused by the patch. Everyone is having this problem in the game. The funny fact is that, in the best case, this is gonna be fixed with the next patch... next week. Good job on keeping the game full of bugs, bethesda is nothing compared to cryptic :wink:

Well, I don't have that problem. Not last night anyway.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dimitrikdimitrik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I've been having this problem, too. It's been pretty darn noticeable to me, too. I started doing random dungeons, Tiamat, so on, just before the patch. No problems. After the patch, holy cow. And the fact that it continues everywhere in-game at this point definitely indicates that it isn't the dungeons/skirmishes/whatever causing it.

Looking forward to the fix.
  • giobbogiobbo Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    i have the same problem, and some of my guild mates too
  • tvoreztvorez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Same here. After patch start lagging.
    Periodically each 3-5 seconds freezing for 1-2 second with ping 1800+.
    In instances with a lot of people situation is worse. In private instances like The Workshop lagging significantly less like each 15-20 seconds.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    There's been some lagging since last patch, especially in Protector's Enclave.
    Dungeons seem to be relatively lag-free at least.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Same here. It's getting ridiculous!
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    We will surely 100% wait a week for a fix... this is ridicoulus
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I'm not seeing lag per se but rather random stuttering. Every few seconds the game freezes for just an instant. I've only seen it since yesterday's patch.

And now for something completely different...

Zarifrax's coffer (from the Mod 11b quest to enter Evernight) still always goes into your overflow slot and cannot be transferred to a bag.

EDIT: It seems that the longer you play the worse it gets, to the point where things start to become unplayable. To my eyes it has "resource leak" written all over it.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    hustin1 said:

I'm not seeing lag per se but rather random stuttering. Every few seconds the game freezes for just an instant. I've only seen it since yesterday's patch.

That's what I'm experiencing. Lag's the only shorthand I can think of to really call it, but yeah - I'm pretty sure that's the thing that a lot of people are dealing with. It's really disorienting, and seriously screws with gameplay. Moreover, it seems to get worse over time.
    hustin1 said:

/snip

Not to be rude, but let's stay on topic. Any other bug not relating to this post-patch stuttery lag should go on its own thread.
  • iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    There is something seriously bad going on...

I am having the same issue. Every 4-5 seconds I freeze for 1-2 seconds. The 2 second freezes are super disorienting. It really feels different than normal internet lag.

I am not sure what is causing it, but I know that others are describing the same exact thing happening. However, I was in a chat earlier with people who were not lagging. A friend of mine from Denmark was lagging, and I am playing in the US. I am not sure if that is relevant information. Additionally, I recorded my /netgraph 1 and found that my received packets were spiking super high. My "send" portion of packets was remaining static, under 100. My ping is usually around 40. Tonight this is what I was experiencing...

Image from Gyazo
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Not having any of the issues described.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Yeah, @greywynd it does appear that it isn't fully universal. However, there many are players describing this weird kind of lag. Being someone who experienced it myself, it is very noticeably different than normal lag. It is hard to describe, but I am sure that this is something that is affecting people in a similar way. We were describing it to each other in a voice chat earlier. After that, I moved to another chat and nobody was lagging there except me.

However, from what I was implying above, it seems to be an issue where "received" packets are spiking and therefore freezing the game.
  • shadows1313shadows1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Zarifrax's coffer (from the Mod 11b quest to enter Evernight) still always goes into your overflow slot and cannot be transferred to a bag.

EDIT: It seems that the longer you play the worse it gets, to the point where things start to become unplayable. To my eyes it has "resource leak" written all over it.

This explains it best, same issue here after the last patch. This stuttering starts happening after having the game up for a while (usually 1h+ for me) and continues to get worse the longer u play. A game restart helps clear the issue but only for a bit till it gets back again.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Really awefull at the moment is Fane and Cradle again...huge lag spikes and alot of rubberbanding
    As for the strange freezes...

Windows pushed a huge update. I allowed my computer to fully complete it, and the freezes are gone. My received packets are now back at normal numbers with no spikes.
    edited January 2019
    Although I don't have much lag issue (playable for me anyway), I notice something unusual. Based on task manager, there are memory spikes once a while. A jump and then come down. I always pay attention to. Hence, I know this is not the same as before. That may explain others' lag spikes if their system are short of memory and need to do memory swap.
    Yeaaaah so I'm sorry for getting your hopes up yall, but I'm back with the same problem.

I noticed this last time, but forgot about it. This memory/packet thing doesn't happen right away. It also gets worse over time.

The GWF I was just running with said his was getting worse every run too. Mine started up again after about 20 mins of Haiti farms.

I was already recording so I decided to make a short one-run example of this lag thing. This was right after it started, so it isn't as bad as what was happening earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgrw92lhFJg
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    after a few seconds of playing around normally there is some kind of a short standstill before the game continues.
    it doesn't matter where i am, dungeon/skirmish or PE.
    and i tried changing setting in the game options, but the stuttering stays the same.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    Yeah, I can attest that this video demonstrates on the low end what I've been experiencing. And, yeah, after you've been playing a while, it does get worse. A lot worse. I haven't logged in yet today, but I'm about to do so - here's to hoping it's been fixed.
  • stiffmeisteronstiffmeisteron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same here, as long as i'm not in a party all goes well, after the spikes are killing me.
    Per my last comment on here, I've now played for a couple hours. It started off pretty great, no issues. But over time, yeah, the stuttering lag has reappeared. Alas. I was hoping they snuck in a patch to correct it. They might've done something behind the scenes to attempt correcting it, but it's not fixed yet.

Looking forward to non-stuttery, jilting gameplay.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    These lags spikes are really crazy today. Solo usually fine, but once I join up to a group in an instance it gets reallllly bad. I can't say for some other dungeons, but the MSP and FBI's I have run today have been incredibly laggy, the point where some people just had to quit because they cant see aoe's until after they are dead. Takes me back to the days of raids with a 56.6k modem.
  • heavensake#5599 heavensake Member Posts: 77 Arc User

I still wonder, that nobody here get this memory leak like me. After 20-30 min anywhere in the game the client crashes and i get the error code (E_OUTOFMEMORY) while creating vertex buffer. Task manager says there is still 900 Ram available and 80 Ram free. Aboslutly unplayable for me at the moment.

Same issue here since last patch game crashes and get Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (E_OUTOFMEMORY) while creating index buffer. Googled it and seen some people talking about direct X
    Yeah it is still SUPER bad today. I did a few FBIs and tried to help with K Team MSP. I had to leave it was actually unplayable. I was freezing for 3 seconds straight every 4-5 seconds!

Again, I checked. My received packets are spiking crazy. People are having memory crashes. This is definitely pointing to a specific problem.

Please send in support request guys. Link the support message to this forum post. This has to be fixed.
    Please everyone...

Submit a formal ticket, and link the support team to this issue. It is actually game-breaking.

Image from Gyazo
    @nitocris83

Please escalate this issue. It is actually making the game unable to be played at all. There are many players talking about this issue in-game too. It is very widespread...