test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

where is our 'annual announcment teaser" of next mod?

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
every year, devs and programmer announced during december about new mods coming soon, and now this is jan 2019 and nothing heard or anything new. i know most other games already announced except for cryptic, anything new for STO, NWO and CO?
nothing new and that it? contract nearly up?

Druids were promised after poll voting before Mod 6 was about to be next class, then pull out, and let it rotting away for almost 3 years which it will be in late april before mod 6. i see too many 'divided priorities' and nothing on primary issue with class balance which it been very slow and nothing done, we had seen some nerf and then minor boosting, and then nerf cycles back and forth.
we are still scratching out heads to see what going on. i am not making threats or warning, just letting have information, some players want new class and got tired of seeing "no, nope, and we dont have time for this" excuses since mod 6 and few are leaving and i will missed them and few i knew just moved on.
i see that you dont want to answer if you said " it will come in 2021, or later" then more players will pack up and leave, so by not answering you seem want them to stay and wait with no date, and then each year passed, same questions ask.

Why so long, that too long? not nice to keep us waiting and waiting each year, and then making us to think oh okay. wait for next year and ask again.

i find this no preview teaser, and this silent is disturbing.

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    just checked STO, they are having "Mirror of Discovery" coming soon.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    We got a module in November... How do you even expect next module announcements within a month?!! All games can't have the same release cycles. I'm pretty sure there weren't any new class promises made. A community poll was all there was to bring all such posts together.
    FrozenFire
    usaully Dec was a traditionally as "teaster" preview every year, by other games and NWO did had for last year years ago, then nothing and no excitements to have conversation with fellow players and guildmates.

some players said "dragon heist" and other said unfinished business with cultist on elemental-maze cliff-hanger, could be prelude to long waited for Temple of Elementals, and few said Valentra Shadowmantra's Hidden Chambers.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I would like to explore more of Chult. I would also like the wrap-up to the Elemental Evil/Maze Engine storyline. More stuff in Thay would be fun. I don't really care about Waterdeep.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    if its player friendly like ravenwood, I dont care what they do.. if its like storm kings thunder.. I will take another absence from the game for a year.. screw that. Still shudders to this day.

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Trust me, they're working hard on Mod16 - I guess they're just not quite ready to announce the content publicly yet. I'm sure they will soon (TM)
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    As was stated above, I don't ever remember any dev/mod/cm claiming we were getting a druid class next. I remember lots of players making assumptions. I remember devs stating no new class until things are balanced in 2047 (completely made up, not fact).

Also, if memory serves me right, PCs teaser doesn't come until console mod has dropped so expect something in the coming weeks would be my guess. Again, not fact.
    Cryptic has never stated anything about a new class or new race other than "maybe at some point in the future, maybe next year" or something like that. They've never made any promises, and they've certainly never said anything specific like "next class is a Druid" or anything like that. Anything anyone has heard to the contrary is pure hearsay.
    edited January 2019
    Kvet, do you remember a poll just before mod 6? many players voted Druids and monks came close and bard follow by in 3rd. Then Mod 6 announced a winner and then decided to put hold hours after uproar on the unbalanced patch made it hard and deadliest.
    Mod 6 made the paladins outshined other classes

we all know the druids were in the project, and they didnt say "when", that all we know,

in D&D books, most "table-top" players (dinner table knights) know there is monks are everywhere on streets of Waterdeep, Candlekeep, in Neverwinter, but neverwinter online, we dont see them or able to play them, only table-top and classic NWN1 and NWN2.
    I vaguely recall such a poll, although player's have created polls like that periodically for years, so whether Cryptic was actually planning to make use of that data or not, I really can't say. I know that recent D&D campaign books have focused on Waterdeep (I doubt very much we'll see anything related to Magic: The Gathering in Neverwinter... lol), so it stands to reason we'll see something related to that soon - if not Mod16, then Mod17 - that seems to be how this works. We all figured Ravenloft was getting a pass when NW came out with the Stronghold mod rather than a Ravenloft one after the ToD/WoD campaigns followed the release of those books, and The Curse of Strahd was the next book out.... but probably the Ravenloft campaign simply required much more work. Still.. we'll see what happens, it makes sense that content in NW would mirror content WotC is putting out in the tabletop version.

I would suggest as far as new classes and races, that they'll likely stick to PHB stuff, which means Druid and Monk are the likely candidates, and Gnome is the next likely candidate for a new race. Doesn't mean they won't go outside the PHB, but if I was going to bet, that would be it. If I were to further speculate, I'd guess Monk simply because we have 3 magic user classes already (CW, DC, SW), but only one pure single-target (generally speaking) DPS class (TR).

But that's all just pure speculation on my part, who knows.. they could decide to go crazy and add an Aasimar Gunslinger or some other crazy thing (yes... I know that's PF not D&D, used that to highlight the point :) ).. Half-Dragon Runepriest, or gods only knows!

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Jan 10/11 was the announcement of Lost City Of Omu last year...so I would expect it within the next couple of weeks. I believe the prior year was similar.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Given that the completion time frame for mod 15 means a lot of casual players are only now starting to reach the end of that quest line - I'd be surprised if we hear anything about m16 before next month. Hoping/expecting a Waterdeep mod, FINALLY.

And sadly - no new class/race, most likely. The 'balance' excuse is still being offered up 4+ years later. Which is REE-dic-You-Lous.

It's not about complexity, it's about resource constraints - and priorities, I guess.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I'm always excited to hear about new material, Many of us are. However, how the new mod gets implemented matters. We hate to have long drawn out repeat quests for items and boons. Ravenloft was a good mod, storm kings thunder was terrible(I bought this mod completion pack instead of playing it), Elemental evil was almost as bad, acquisitions incorporated is just annoying to me (I can't stand the repeat quests but need them for boons, this will be yet another mod i wait to buy out when able to).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited January 2019
    There isn't any fixed December teaser month, atleast not for Neverwinter. I still don't understand how you'd just ignore the timeframe.

And as I said, it was a community made poll just to see what people liked. There was never any winner or anything, probably has no dev participation even. I wouldn't think they can just hand over class choices if they wanted to. >.>
    FrozenFire
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

As was stated above, I don't ever remember any dev/mod/cm claiming we were getting a druid class next. I remember lots of players making assumptions. I remember devs stating no new class until things are balanced in 2047 (completely made up, not fact).

Also, if memory serves me right, PCs teaser doesn't come until console mod has dropped so expect something in the coming weeks would be my guess. Again, not fact.

Every time a mod dropped people made assumptions on new class based on content. With The Cloaked Ascendancy it was Bards due to the number we ran into.

Personally, I'm waiting for the new Wizard, Warlock, Conqueror, Assassin, and Knife Juggler classes based off the current mod.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    List of Neverwinter modules is here: https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Module
    (Note this is incomplete, as there has been some 'b' module launches that were just expansions on previous modules that are not listed.)

But in general we get one launch mid-summer, one late autumn and one late winter/early spring.

So next mod should be expected late February/March sometime.

Mods spend 4-6 weeks on Test before launching, and the PR campaign for a mod usually launches a few days before it is deployed to Test.

There is also a point that they do not want 'noise' in the public space about a new mod while they are launching the previous mod on consoles, which happens January 15th.

So my bet for when we get info about the new mod is last week of January, plus/minus one week. Or to be very precise, Monday January 28th :). This is just an educated guess, I have no inside info.
    And 2+8=10, so drop the zero because it doesn't exist and that leaves 1, so one month after Jan 28 is Feb 28, that's the second month, so 2+2+8=12=3. Half the sign of the beast. That means... uh... that means. Aliens exist and the mod will be coming soon!!!! ahhhh! *runs away*
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The only thing that has been said about the next mod are some vague statements about it being big and that there will be many significant changes. I do not expect to hear anything else until, uh...maybe a month from now or something like that.

Just wait.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

We got a module in November... How do you even expect next module announcements within a month?!! All games can't have the same release cycles. I'm pretty sure there weren't any new class promises made. A community poll was all there was to bring all such posts together.

Mod 15 is, at best, a half mod. Even the HoF reuses maps with extra bits added.

It's not really half-mod, it's just not designed as an end-game mod that's all, so for level 70s, it's not really much of a challenge at all. But if you're doing it on a new character, without the benefit of top-quality gear from other characters, it's appropriately challenging. This module was specifically aimed, along with the Neverember Incentive event, to attract new players. Given the number of "New Player" threads that have popped up in the last few weeks, I'd have to guess it was quite successful. Now we wait and see what's in store for us in M16, which I'd guess is going to be much more aimed at end-game players, but it remains to be seen. Waterdeep has featured big in WotC releases, so it might very well have to do with that - it would stand to reason anyway.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    kvet said:

It's not really half-mod.

It is, the amount of content is seriously low, and most of it are recycled zones with recycled enemies.
    A revamped crafting system (and it was nothing extraordinary either...), does not a full mod make. /yoda
    Heck, the first half of mod 10 (and that was advertised as half a mod by Cryptic itself) had more content...
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    All I can say for sure is that after 5 years .And we still do not have any clear answers to our characters missing time. From the start of this journey, I have grown tired of saying it was aliens. Advance the story.
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User

kvet said:

It's not really half-mod.

It is, the amount of content is seriously low, and most of it are recycled zones with recycled enemies.
    A revamped crafting system (and it was nothing extraordinary either...), does not a full mod make. /yoda
    Heck, the first half of mod 10 (and that was advertised as half a mod by Cryptic itself) had more content...
    You forgot recycled campaign system with only difference of being even more simplified since ravenloft (honestly, I thought it cant be worse than ravenloft storyline, since AI had so much more potential IMO) less friendly towards new players (new and endgame alike). Recycled maps that doesnt even make sense (yes, Im looking at you Lakkar who got itches in cave that is actualy possitioned far away from your body and thus got nothing to do with you), recycled mobs (thats understandable since its in icespire peak, mount hotenow, chultan patrol- at least new players can take a look at chult, etc.). Only thing that can make people think it wasnt half-mod was drastic (read as: disastrous) class balance in addition with workshop (another thing that isnt really new player friendly since cost for upgrade is overkill) which was overarly good change especialy for making beginings with masterwork (you know, those ranks nobody ever uses and just want to get over with them) easier.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    somewhere buried in all the content there was a dev statement about the future things they were working on. mod 16 is going to have further refinements along the lines of what we've seen so far for mod 15. the do is supposed to get a further rework I recall lol
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I'm expecting River of Eyes, with new appearances of Xanathar (maybe in Waterdeep), Acquitsitions Incorporated (Wqterdeep Branch) and the Vault of Dragons Dungeon showing where Neverember's Golden Dragons really are. (500,000 in total, we'll get a few scraps for finishing the Dungeon)
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I would'nt hold my breath on it being anything to call home about seeing how horrible of a job they did in mod 15 by killing off professions after all the time/effort/RL mony some had into it just to have it stripped away.Same with the winter fest they took something that was fun and we waited all year for only to have them screw it up. Still trying to figure out how everyone of my toons just managed to break their fishing poles all at the same time. So because of them all being so clumsy I decided it best to not bother purchasing them another one as more than likely it would only get broken down the road.But I have learned it best to just keep my RL mony as they like to sell you stuff then just rip it away after they have hooked in enough players .
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    kvet said:

It's not really half-mod, it's just not designed as an end-game mod that's all, so for level 70s, it's not really much of a challenge at all. But if you're doing it on a new character, without the benefit of top-quality gear from other characters, it's appropriately challenging. This module was specifically aimed, along with the Neverember Incentive event, to attract new players. Given the number of "New Player" threads that have popped up in the last few weeks, I'd have to guess it was quite successful. Now we wait and see what's in store for us in M16, which I'd guess is going to be much more aimed at end-game players, but it remains to be seen. Waterdeep has featured big in WotC releases, so it might very well have to do with that - it would stand to reason anyway.

Not a half mod? They are reusing maps, 99% of the monsters and such, etc. I mean compare this to Ravenloft with huge maps, gear, mechanics like daytime/night time, etc. Frankly its more like a quarter mod, and that includes adding in the (complete garbage) professions change and class "balance".

I think it depends on one's point of view on what constitutes a "full" module. Just because one doesn't like the professions rework doesn't mean it wasn't a significant amount of work. The campaign is a half-campaign, sure, but M15 represents quite a lot of actual work in the large number of class changes, professions, and low-level campaign - this is especially true given what seems to be Cryptic's capacity. If one merely focuses on the campaign and ignores the rest because they didn't like it... then yes, I can see why one would consider M15 a "half-mod."
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    AFAIK they are limited to official D&D releases. So last module there was no material to publish, right? They sold this ugly "penny arcade? chris perkins? I still dont know this - franchise iconic player whatever funny stuff" and now the only thing IS Waterdeep. Dragon Heist and Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I got those. Deewater city campaign and full Undermountain. Thats material for a LOT OF MODULES !! :-) So either nex mod is something special/ugly like mod15 or it is Deepwater.

IF there is a new class I would bet on Bard. Druid/Monk? Undermountain/City - Bard would fit perfect.

A new race? I will never understand why they dont spam them for ZEN like Dragonborn. Totally non-critical in terms of balance when the differences are small (race choice doesnt really matter when you calc a full build, really. So why not! Dragonborn without helmets everywhere. So boring!

And the "important/basic things will change" thing... ofc the whole stat system is broken. Everything on max everywhere. No real diminishing returns. useless values everywhere. Insane %-values destroying the game. This is a mess. The bis question is.. are they able to solve this?