test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATE] Scheduled Maintenance [1/10]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Update Jan 10
Maintenance has been extended until 11am PT due to account server maintenance issues.

Neverwinter will undergo maintenance tomorrow, January 10, from 7am to 9am PT. Patch Notes discussion thread is available here.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Once again, why can't you just link directly to the patch notes? Please.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

Neverwinter will undergo maintenance tomorrow, January 10, from 7am to 9am PT. Patch Notes discussion thread is available here.

Actually, that information is/was incorrect as the maintenance started at 6 am and runs till 10am PT. That's 1.00pm till 5.00pm here in the UK.

• So, why do you schedule the end time of events for 7:30 am PT and announce maintenance starts at 7:00 am PT, then actually shutdown the servers at 6:00 am PT? Seems like the last hours of the event are not important.
  • milatril#3937 milatril Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Why the re linking? One link to get here, then in here another link just to end up somewhere where you have to click YET another link?
    “Eternity is hidden in every moment.”

Why the re linking? One link to get here, then in here another link just to end up somewhere where you have to click YET another link?

I've been complaining about that for weeks. Apparently, my complaints fall on deaf ears. However, that doesn't stop me complaining about it every week. My hope is that I will one day annoy Julia enough that she'll just link directly to the patch notes in order to shut me up.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited January 2019

I've been complaining about that for weeks. Apparently, my complaints fall on deaf ears. However, that doesn't stop me complaining about it every week. My hope is that I will one day annoy Julia enough that she'll just link directly to the patch notes in order to shut me up.
    I complained the first time Julie did that long time ago. I repeated that effort for a few times and gave up. I also knew at least one other person did something similar for a while and then gave up. May be you have a better luck. A deaf ear is a deaf ear. Sometime, it can't be healed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I logged in this morning to do one last day of mining the parcels on my alts at 615am PT, only to find out the previously advertised downtime was incorrect, and I'd missed the window of opportunity.

I logged in this morning to do one last day of mining the parcels on my alts at 615am PT, only to find out the previously advertised downtime was incorrect, and I'd missed the window of opportunity.

The launcher had the correct time. Though, that doesn't excuse their general failure to communicate properly since they seem constitutionally incapable of communicating the same message via all the channels they use.
  • bigsofty1bigsofty1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i am just wondering why down time is always stated as 2 hours down time and it as far as i have seen is never ledd than 3 hours?
  • milatril#3937 milatril Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @"nunya#5309" said:
    > Why the re linking? One link to get here, then in here another link just to end up somewhere where you have to click YET another link?
    >
    > I've been complaining about that for weeks. Apparently, my complaints fall on deaf ears. However, that doesn't stop me complaining about it every week. My hope is that I will one day annoy Julia enough that she'll just link directly to the patch notes in order to shut me up.

Maybe it's Mod humor? Would have been nice if they made an interesting quest out of it lel. With some Orcs to slay and an end Boss before you get to the real link ^^ But this is just annoying -_-
    “Eternity is hidden in every moment.”
    bigsofty1 said:

i am just wondering why down time is always stated as 2 hours down time and it as far as i have seen is never ledd than 3 hours?

It's often less than two hours, even though it's nearly always posted as being two hours. The launcher showed a four hour downtime notice from last night (US Central time). Again, I'm not sure why all their various communication channels fail to communicate the same message...
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    bigsofty1 said:

There's been a lot of times, even recently, where the downtime has been stated as 2 or 3 hours and has ended early. Once, as much as an hour. Sure, sometimes they're doing something more complex than a server reboot or basic patch and something blows up... it's technology, it happens even with the best of planning. Anyone that has ever worked in the software business will be well aware of how something that has worked 100 times in Dev/QA/UAT can go to production and just.... fail. Sometimes spectacularly *boom!*

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Actually, that information is/was incorrect as the maintenance started at 6 am and runs till 10am PT. That's 1.00pm till 5.00pm here in the UK.

Actually no it isn't, it's 1400-1800 now in the UK and in UTC. They forgot when they went to winter time they're 8 hours behind UTC, 7 in the summer.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2019

qexotic said:

Actually no it isn't, it's 1400-1800 now in the UK and in UTC. They forgot when they went to winter time they're 8 hours behind UTC, 7 in the summer.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/188251122828443658/532969912331665423/unknown.png

They never get it right. Too hard to google that.

Who to trust? Google or Cryptic?

I'm guessing they get their own time right, so we should assume the correct schedule is the one in pacific time and we just ignore the UTC time?
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Okay, what did you guys screw up this time...
    Kelvar Lo'Zakven, 70 Drow Elf Ranger

"Don't underestimate your foe. If you do, you're probably dead." - Kelvar, to Torrence the Strong
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    So, um are we going to see a fix for the Mithral Crucibles? I'm still sitting on like 30 of them that are worth 1, when it should be 5000.

So, um are we going to see a fix for the Mithral Crucibles? I'm still sitting on like 30 of them that are worth 1, when it should be 5000.

I have a bunch, too. They're probably never going to fix it, but I have avoided selling them for 1 credit just in case.
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Wait, what? Bug fixes? Giving fair value for things you paid for and they subsequently took away? Accurate time windows displayed? Not ending events early? Expecting community managers to actually interact with the community?

What is wrong with you people? YOU GUYS ARE WAAAAY TOO DEMANDING!

Chill baby, chill!
    well, they extended it an hour, then brought the server up only 10 minutes into the extended time. Does that count as being done early?? :)
  • mill12#8072 mill12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    want to know why server is not available

want to know why server is not available

was that a question or an offer?