test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Categorize Solo Domination

deathklaat666deathklaat666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
edited January 2019 in PvP Discussion
Something needs to be addressed to separate the Item levels in Solo Domination. 4k-12k new players should not be matched against 12k-18k veteran players, what happens is that either the Higher IL's vote to kick the low IL or if there's more then one or two they Quit the match and sit at the fire ruining any chance to experience a full game. for the Lower Item lvl. as a new player it must be very discouraging to be kicked non stop or one shot with at wills, to continue with the pvp "Experience"
Maybe 2 or 3 Item lvl Categories for example somthing along the lines of

fresh lvl 70-8k
8k-14k
14kand up

what everyone elses thoughts on the matter?
Post edited by deathklaat666 on

Comments

• jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    I've been thinking the same thing on kicks. It makes me wonder why the PvP community is surprised the devs don't appear to give much attention to the issues plaguing domination right now. If we're going to keep kicking everyone that doesn't meet a particular threshold, then we'll never get any new blood in to help maintain a decent player base in PvP.

While I agree with Morbid on the need to separate IL into groups to make it more enjoyable for everyone, I wonder if we have enough active PvP players to feed anything but the 14K+ category.

Either way, if we continue to close the clubhouse doors to newer players through kicks and afks, then don't be surprised when the devs ignore our pleas to fix game breaking issues.

As a wise person once said: This is why we can't have nice things.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Something needs to be addressed to separate the Item levels in Solo Domination. 4k-12k new players should not be matched against 12k-18k veteran players, what happens is that either the Higher IL's vote to kick the low IL or if there's more then one or two they Quit the match and sit at the fire ruining any chance to experience a full game. for the Lower Item lvl. as a new player it must be very discouraging to be kicked non stop or one shot with at wills, to continue with the pvp "Experience"
    Maybe 2 or 3 Item lvl Categories for example somthing along the lines of

fresh lvl 70-8k
    8k-14k
    14kand up

what everyone elses thoughts on the matter?

The only way that this would work is if you "locked" the gear upon queueing up, and this idea has met heavy resistance every time this topic has come up.
  • ted666ukted666uk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This cannot be done for many reasons .
    First the que times will be insane making most ppl give up queuing. And worse than that people will find best in slot builds for each ilvl and just troll people. the only way you can make pvp close is to remove boons from pvp. I have played pvp in this game for over 2 years and the only difference that I can see is boons I have many chars with all boons on ps4 and all is good . I made a gwf on pc so I could check new mods before they drop on ps4 and with the same gear but no boons I can't come close to being even useful in pvp in pc the gap in massive all from boons
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    ted666uk said:

This cannot be done for many reasons .

First the que times will be insane making most ppl give up queuing. And worse than that people will find best in slot builds for each ilvl and just troll people. the only way you can make pvp close is to remove boons from pvp. I have played pvp in this game for over 2 years and the only difference that I can see is boons I have many chars with all boons on ps4 and all is good . I made a gwf on pc so I could check new mods before they drop on ps4 and with the same gear but no boons I can't come close to being even useful in pvp in pc the gap in massive all from boons

Queue times becoming unreasonable was the reason given when they turned off the level matching algorithm in the first place. And here we are. It may just be that that is one of the prices that we have to pay if we are going to rebuild a more balanced and healthy PvP. Of course, it would be nice if they led up to that with a nice little PvP tournament. With some decent rewards. Hmmm, I'm looking at you, Mod 17!