test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Am getting the Unable to authenticate error when launching game today yet server status shows green.

Comments

• moonwitch#3271 moonwitch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Hello,
    I'm constantly timed out from the server or "timed out for being afk 15 minutes" randomly when I change location (at loading screen, usually when I go to dugeons from queues), even if I played last 15 minutes all the time and my internet connection is perfectly stable. I have 50mb/s speed through optic cable connected to my pc and I tested and observed my connection until timeout happened and there is no change in my connection. It's frustrating to deal with that issue.
    I have sent in-game ticket too, but number dissapeared before I saved it.
    Regards.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @moonwitch#3271! Is this still happening?
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Same here.

From my observation it works like this - no issue unless you really go afk. If you do so system seems not to recognize you are back and is logging you of even if you active. There is however a system info that you are no longer marked asaway from keyboard but it seems not to reset timer. It works like that in a single play only, and not every time. While in party there is no issue at all.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I've "timed out" quite a bit more than usual in the past few weeks. In my case, it's happened in the middle of runs and in all cases, I was able to immediately log back in.

I notice I'm about to time out when various world interactions start to fail (NPC's that should be there aren't, can't press F on a target) yet chat still works (I see new messages appear when other interactions fail). Then, I'm shown the "you have been inactive" message and returned to the login screen.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    I have been experiencing this as well.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I've been having this happen too...not so much in the last week though. I could be in the middle of a battle and get kicked with the been idle too long message
  • bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    So i've been trying to start the game but luncher will not connect to server to update it self, am clueless what is going on. Is the game server down?
  • xsarah#1469 xsarah Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Been trying to load the game all hours and it's still having server not responding on my side.
  • bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Resolved for now.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    try restarting the computer. Sometimes a bug will enter in on the operating side and will prevent the program from working right. restarting may solve this.
  • pendargon1pendargon1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It's telling me that my username or password is invalid, I've tried using my arc account info and when I click to register it takes me to the Arc registration page
  • status3#3573 status3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I cant start the game cause i am running MS Server 2016? Why would you limit that?
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    make sure capslock isnt' on. since you can't see password and username is auto. it happened to me sometimes and then i realized caps was on.
  • pendargon1pendargon1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It still tells me it's invalid and I'm pretty sure I also linked it to my Facebook. I get a blank screen when I click on the forgotten password link
  • sweetstizel#3625 sweetstizel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I can't get in to even start - so I can't even install it! the window is black unless I do a highlight and drag it all the way down! (I'm not that crazy). And here I was really wanting to get in to try this "new to me" game! oi vey!
  • beakyhyun#8212 beakyhyun Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I CAN'T START THE GAME AGAIN AFTER MY GAME LOGOUT IT SELF THIS MORNING UNTIL NOW IT SAYS DISCONNECTED FROM THE server what does it even mean?
  • alcasaar#7232 alcasaar Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Hi Neverwinter Data center ,

Whats happens today again and again lost connection ingame , constanly down and wait for connection, its happens to mutch today !
    Special if we don't urn or rewards from or dungeons ! If the disconnect in the midle from the dungeons ... I think clean once your chipsets " the buffer underun data's " !!
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Except, of course, for the fact that the server is not down....
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I think reboot your computer and home network for starters.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    There is an internet issue affecting players with certain ISPs in certain countries today. It's not exactly on Cryptic's end, so there isn't much they can do about it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Went down for me for about 5 minutes. No big deal, but I logged in to find someone else mining the Black Ice node I was working on -.-

First world problems, I know...
    I m agree if is a " internet issue with certain ISPs in certain countries " But you see what happens on sutch thing - I buy out the zen shop some items on the same time server disconect - Afther is restart the items not in m inventory and my Zen gone .
    Lucky the live support they where online - i tell them the issue what happens ... and they make a ticket for me " So the game master most take a look at my ticket issue ... Agree again they know from it the ticket is in my ticket history ... but I most wait no a view day's for having answer and hopefulle I have my Items where I pay for it ! Hopefulle they give me a litle reward extra :) but I don't think so :)
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

There is an internet issue affecting players with certain ISPs in certain countries today. It's not exactly on Cryptic's end, so there isn't much they can do about it.

Can you be less cryptic (pun intended) and let us know which countries and which ISP please?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

Can you be less cryptic (pun intended) and let us know which countries and which ISP please?
    I don't have that info, unfortunately.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    i see seen guild members droppen like flys and coming back only to drop again
  • moonwitch#3271 moonwitch Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Hello @moonwitch#3271! Is this still happening?

This is still happening, now not only during loading to new instances but occassionaly also in middle of fights or just running around.

PS. Also since winter update my computer starts to work louder and harder in Neverwinter. It doesn't happen in any other game with similar or little greater requirements than neverwinter. I cleaned my computer from dust.
    Like " therealprotex " say and ask - my Internet is here a " Fiber Glass cable " Extern on street and Connect from there so intern I have 220mb/sec download and a 60mb/sec upload I don't think it's a Internet ISP Issue - my frame rate ingame is excellent 100% fine.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

Like " therealprotex " say and ask - my Internet is here a " Fiber Glass cable " Extern on street and Connect from there so intern I have 220mb/sec download and a 60mb/sec upload I don't think it's a Internet ISP Issue - my frame rate ingame is excellent 100% fine.

This is a very usual misunderstanding.

Your fiber cable only is your local connection into the ISP's shared backbone. You have that to yourself, there usually is nobody else trying to use it, so the local fiber connection is the part least exposed to congestion problems.

The fun starts when you hit the ISPs shared backbone, which your fiber cable is connected to. From there on everything is shared resources, and shared resources means it can be congested, in particular if the ISP is sloppy with network monitoring and upgrading. (Also known as saving money :) )

It is the quality of the ISP backbone that matters, not your local connection.
  • shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Anybody else unable to join the server? 6:30 am US Pacific time, unable to connect to server.
  • stryff#7701 stryff Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same for me Account server timeout
This discussion has been closed.