test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Was Griffons Wrath broken after the last "Fix" on 11-15-18???

felixlupinfelixlupin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2018 in The Guard Barracks
In the last patch Notes, posted 11-15-2018, the devs wrote: Combat and Powers | Classes and Balance: Guardian Fighter: Griffon's Wrath can no longer be used infinitely.

I have 2 main issues, beyond wondering why I never encountered this problem of "infinite" Griffons Wrath that the Devs thought to 'fix" in the last mini-patch.

1. Ever since the mini-patch update on 11-15-2018 I have experienced on more than a few occasions (VERY OFTEN) where I was unable to use my third and final charge of Griffons Wrath as if the power was frozen, it remained lit up, but no matter how often I would spam my "R" key (to which the power is bound on my setup) it would not work, then seconds later it would work and then begin Recharging. This does not occur every time, but randomly. it is the oddest thing to which I had my roommate observe because he didn't believe me at first. So I tried binding to a different key and then tried it on my old keyboard and then on his computer all with the same random broken result. Has anyone else experienced something similar since the 11-15-2018 mini-patch update? Or am I just the unlucky soul here?

2. Griffons Wrath used to have a numerical "counter' which told you how many charges you have left. It is beyond me why that feature was removed. Please bring back the numerical counter, PLEASE.

Lastly, please respond to this post if you have also encountered this problem or something similar when using Griffons Wrath so that the Devs can fix this and then leave it alone, because I feel like every time something is "fixed" something else "breaks" and the GF, though my favorite Class, already has enough hindrances that need to be overcome let alone adding some more by breaking one of the classes best powers.

Post edited by felixlupin on

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

In the last patch Notes, posted 11-15-2018, the devs wrote: Combat and Powers | Classes and Balance: Guardian Fighter: Griffon's Wrath can no longer be used infinitely.

I have 2 main issues, beyond wondering why I never encountered this problem of "infinite" Griffons Wrath that the Devs thought to 'fix" in the last mini-patch.

1. Ever since the mini-patch update on 11-15-2018 I have experienced on more than a few occasions (VERY OFTEN) where I was unable to use my third and final charge of Griffons Wrath as if the power was frozen, it remained lit up, but no matter how often I would spam my "R" key (to which the power is bound on my setup) it would not work, then seconds later it would work and then begin Recharging. This does not occur every time, but randomly. it is the oddest thing to which I had my roommate observe because he didn't believe me at first. So I tried binding to a different key and then tried it on my old keyboard and then on his computer all with the same random broken result. Has anyone else experienced something similar since the 11-15-2018 mini-patch update? Or am I just the unlucky soul here?

Other GFs I've talked to have also experienced this "slowness" on Griffons. I would assume that this was the "change" to fix the infinite Griffon's "feature," similar to other fixes in the past like Artificer's on GWF Sigil or rewriting the tooltips of anti-CC powers in Mod 10.

You can still fire off 3 Griffon's, but there's a very strange timing to it. Mash the button too fast or too slow and you'll only fire off a single charge with a long delay.

2. Griffons Wrath used to have a numerical "counter' which told you how many charges you have left. It is beyond me why that feature was removed. Please bring back the numerical counter, PLEASE.

Like it or hate it, I think that was an intentional change.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1242646/m15-guardian-fighter-class-changes

• blasterwhip#7799 blasterwhip Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I am glad OP brought this up, I was discussing the same thing in my Guild/Alliance. If you try to activate it too fast you get "Unable to reach target", in codg I got "Atropal is out of reach", as Rjc suggested you now have to activate it in a rhythm like a mental timer, do it too fast and you are done :(
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    At this point i would gladly welcome back the old version of GW (even though its not affected by RSI features :/ ) until this new version is properly fixed.

The sad question is though, will they touch it before mod16s supossed GF balancing?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

At this point i would gladly welcome back the old version of GW (even though its not affected by RSI features :/ ) until this new version is properly fixed.

The sad question is though, will they touch it before mod16s supossed GF balancing?

It appears the devs are looking into SWW due to it being bugged. I'm hoping the SWW and GW both get fixed before the update hits console. Though my guess is we will see these bugs come to console.
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User

Lastly, please respond to this post if you have also encountered this problem or something similar when using Griffons Wrath so that the Devs can fix this and then leave it alone, because I feel like every time something is "fixed" something else "breaks" and the GF, though my favorite Class, already has enough hindrances that need to be overcome let alone adding some more by breaking one of the classes best powers.

/Agree on both counts

Its very annoying.