test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

30% of sale

glubtalglubtal Member Posts: 58 Arc User
Wasnt there supposed to be one? It wasnt on when I went to bed and someone now says its already over? Ahh well maybe it was only for the americans.🤔

Comments

• gethundgethund Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Yeah. Same here. Would be nice if these things could be 24 hours.
  • sillystupidsimonsillystupidsimon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    Indeed. To wake up, get the launcher notification of the sale and find it's already over makes me think that the rest of the world outside the US doesn't count.

Great PR Cryptic. Happy 2019 - starting the New Year with a stiff middle digit
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    God Bless America!
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't tell what time the sale actually took place. The times I looked at the Zen store yesterday there was never a 30% discount on anything.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I am an american and while presumably it was during hours that I couldve been on, I actually was spending time with family. (you know how dare I right?)

While I do not know if 30% off wouldve enticed me to spend any money, It wouldve been nice to at least been enticed a little.

I do not understand why these are not 24 hour events.. makes no sense to me, why wouldnt they want to tempt people around the world to try, while I know these are limited and such.. I think the feedback from playerbase is simple.. extend it to 24, so ya, if someone doesnt log in for a WHOLE day at least once, they would miss it, thats not the companies issue, but you know if you go a few hours here and there doing something else .. give us a chance at least to decide to give you money.

• forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Cryptic has this weird tendency to appear to be trying to do something nice ("Holiday sale! 30% off everything!") while actually shooting themselves in the foot, PR-wise ("But no sale for you, people who are on holiday, New Years work shifts, visiting family, don't log in 2-3 times per day, every day, or live on the wrong half of the planet! Hahahaaa… GRINCHED!").

I happened to catch the sale myself, so no problem for me, but there are a lot of people who didn't. If you are going to make a holiday sale/nice gesture, why would you purposely make it so that roughly 50% of your player base is only going to hear about it after it is over?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    The sales was yesterday. I believe it started at 3pm EST and ended in 3am EST. No, I did not find anything I wanted to buy. I would have missed it if I did not happen choose to restart the game because of memory leak.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    It was a flash sale so by definition there wouldn't be any notice beforehand (although I did notice I received an email at 2PM EST announcing the flash sale at 3PM).

I can see how people would be angry/upset. For me, I saw the sale while I was playing and took one look at the zen market (XB1) and decided I was better off not getting anything.

Personally, I think the idea of having more flash sales would be nice for people that are into it.

But they should last 24 hours because this is an international audience with varying playtimes. Plus it was a holiday which for most means more time with family not in front of the box.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Feedback regarding the sale has been forwarded to the dev team. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited January 2019
    May be they can have a Chinese New Year Flash Sale that starts at 3am EST to 3pm EST to cover the other half of the globe. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Myself and a few of my friends missed it too.
    the notice on the sales came out on the same day of the sales, did not see it coming at all.
    the sales came out weird hours for us which most of us has went to bed and to work the next day .
    the notice was on the launcher still there even the sales is gone to remind us that we missed it.
    Post edited by jase2cool on
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I don't know who's call it was to do the sale that way, but I don't like it either. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    *munches* Yep, these grapes *are* sour!

Seriously, people... there's a 12 hour sale. Some people missed it. Some didn't. Life is like that. I'd honestly hate to hear how you react to things like Amazon flash deals or whatnot...

You didn't miss the biggest sale of the year, much of what you could have gotten can be had even cheaper with coupons. But instead of saying 'hey, that was a nice little surprise to throw to the players', most of the discussion in here is complaining about it.

Is there some constructive criticism that can be given? Sure - as a 'global' game, covering 24 hours would likely make more sense. But upset because something happened and you missed it? It's not like there won't be another sale...
    Just in case one will miss another sales. There will be a VIP (VIP 3 and above to qualify) sales for 50% off Runic bag (for one bag only) sometime close to end of January. Check the in game calendar.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I agree with @cdnbison that people are harping over what was clearly defined as a flash sale. Yes it sucks if you miss out but lots of people are going to miss out on these things since by nature you don't see them coming and can't prepare for it.

My only issue is still that it could be 24 hours so less people miss out.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Yeah great move - make it US friendly only - us Europeans should just go HAMSTER ourselves.

HAMSTER filter applied manually by moderator.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well even for us Americans, not exactly best time for some of us.. alot of us play early mornings before work.. rest of the day is work/family time.. maybe , sometimes log in at evening, but not always. So ya, many of us east coast Americans who play in the mornings missed it to.

Again.. I am not complaining as much as just giving feedback, in addition, 30% off isnt the best sale.. you get 20% off anytime you want and 33% off many items with coupons anyways.. its just that 12 hours is a bit odd , when you have alot of different time zones in play.. at least extend it to everyone in every time zone has a chance.

frankly a 3 am to 3 pm sale would work better for me.. vs the opposite.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I don't know who's call it was to do the sale that way, but I don't like it either. :(

A guildie of mine spent 10K zen a couple of days before, he is prone to ranting, I don't blame him this time, and yes as a European, the time sucked, but everything is so overpriced 30% isn't enough to entice me to spend.
    @kreatyve

Please help forwarded to the dev team that...

Clearly there is players around the globe which left out of this event, if Cryptic really care for the player base.
    As the flash sales notification on the launcher still there , would suggest if possible can Cryptic just flash us once more for 24hrs?

everyone wins, which able to make more sales at the same time makes players happy.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I received the flash sale notice via an email. I would suggest to look in your spam folders?
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts

I received the flash sale notice via an email. I would suggest to look in your spam folders?

How long before the event start when you received email notice?

I cant say for others the email was sent to me 1hr and 5mins before the sales start which is for me its 2:55AM.
    When i was aware of it i'm already at work and its over by the time i off work.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    jase2cool said:

How long before the event start when you received email notice?

I cant say for others the email was sent to me 1hr and 5mins before the sales start which is for me its 2:55AM.
    When i was aware of it i'm already at work and its over by the time i off work.
    Looking back I did get mine an hour before the event started. On PS4 is lasted 12 hours.

Tho there was a bit of false advertising in the event (on the PS4) anyway, not everything was 30% off. Some was 25.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts