test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rough Astral Diamonds Boost

hannasielhannasiel Member Posts: 65 Arc User
I know this was implemented quite awhile ago but, as a casual player, all I thought about it was that you no longer could accumulate astral diamonds by doing the invocations. While playing yesterday I asked another player if they knew what the "boost" was all about. They did not. Could someone fill me in on what happens "boost-wise"?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    hannasielhannasiel Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

You get 50% more rough Astral Diamonds while the boost is active. For example, my 3rd invoke of the day gave me 770 points into that bonus. Once I get 770 AD from that bonus, I will no longer get the boost and will get the normal amount of AD.

Thank you and not only did you give me this typed information but the game co-operated. First I looked at my boost number. Then, as I had just leveled up, I opened my level gift and then looked at the boost number again and it had decreased by the amount I received at level up. :) Thanks again!

• Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    hannasiel said:

I had just leveled up, I opened my level gift and then looked at the boost number again and it had decreased by the amount I received at level up.

Hmm... It has to reduce only by half the amount you would've received without the bonus.
    For example, if I had a 5000 bonus and got 1000 RAD from a chest, it should give me 1500 RAD and 4500 bonus should be remaining. And if I was instead getting 11000 RAD from a chest, it should give me 16000 RAD and use up all the bonus.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    The AD bonus is a pool. If you invocate, you add AD bonus to the pool. When you earn X amount of rAD (not AD), 50% of X will be deducted from the AD bonus pool and that amount will be the extra rAD you earn on top of the X rAD.
    The cap of AD bonus pool is 150000.

e.g.
    If your AD bonus pool has 5000, you go to a dungeon and earn 6000 rAD.
    The AD bonus pool will become (5000 - 6000 * 50%) = 2000.
    Your bank will have 6000 + 6000 * 50% = 9000 rAD

If you go to a dungeon again and earn 6000 rAD again,
    the AD bonus pool will become 0 because th AD bonus pool balance was 2000 (which is less than 3000).
    You bank will have another 6000 + 2000 = 8000 rAD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    That's confusing.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    @plasticbat Your explanation is very confusing. @frozenfirevr explained it perfectly well and very succinctly. The only question I have is this: Wasn't there supposed to be something you could buy that would give your character the maximum rAD boost? I thought I saw this on preview, but maybe it's just specific to preview and never intended to make it to live.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@plasticbat Your explanation is very confusing. @frozenfirevr explained it perfectly well and very succinctly. The only question I have is this: Wasn't there supposed to be something you could buy that would give your character the maximum rAD boost? I thought I saw this on preview, but maybe it's just specific to preview and never intended to make it to live.

Yeah, it was with Neverember's Incentives. It made it to live.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Yeah, it was with Neverember's Incentives. It made it to live.
    OK. So it's a limited time thing and only for people who got involved with that event? That's kind of a shame. Would be nice if there was another way to acquire it. Anyway, thank you for the information about that. Cryptic's so terrible at providing any details or information about their events that I tend to mostly ignore them, except for parts that I can figure out quickly. (I don't have much patience for figuring events out because I have plenty of other things to do in the game to either make progress on my character or on my guild and because I don't like feeling like I've wasted my time doing something that will be either mostly or entirely fruitless.)