What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Zen Pakets a Bad Joke for Old Players

Comments

• wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User

nothing at claims agent
    wemery said:

Zen Market
    Dragonborn Race Pack now comes with an Adventurer's Support Pack in the Reward Claims Agent. Players who purchased a Dragonborn Race Pack prior to this change can still pick theirs up at the same Agent.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1244916/the-heart-of-fire-preview-patch-notes-nw-105-20181121b-6

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Adventurer's_Support_Pack

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    wemery said:

nothing at claims agent

wemery said:

Zen Market
    Dragonborn Race Pack now comes with an Adventurer's Support Pack in the Reward Claims Agent. Players who purchased a Dragonborn Race Pack prior to this change can still pick theirs up at the same Agent.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1244916/the-heart-of-fire-preview-patch-notes-nw-105-20181121b-6

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Adventurer's_Support_Pack

You don't have Dragonborn Race Pack, right?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

edited December 2018
    wemery said:

That shows you don't have the new Dragonborn Race pack because you have Dragonborn Legend pack like all of us.

As I said in the first page of this thread:

You cannot see the pack because you already have Drogonborn Legend pack.

The new one is Drogonborn Race pack which is not available for those who already have Dragonborn Legend pack.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited December 2018
    it needs to be updated like the reset because we cant buy the new one :angry: and we payed for it ....

Old Packs vs. New Packs
    Dragonborn Race Pack now comes with an Adventurer’s Support Pack in the Reward Claims Agent. Players who purchased a Dragonborn Race Pack prior to this change can still pick theirs up at the same Agent.
    This might not sound like a note worth highlighting, but it indeed is considering an issue that players brought up a couple weeks ago. In Module 15 Cryptic chose to revamp some of the older race and founder packs in the ZEN market. That was decent idea because those have been around for a while and were outdated. Since they got a reasonable upgrade in terms of price and contents however, veterans reasoned that players that already have bought the old versions should also get the new contents. Waiting for an answer for weeks and seeing that Cryptic can indeed dish out free upgrades has now disgruntled some players. That said, it’s probably just the devs being busy as always. They are apparently aware.
    Post edited by wemery on
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    The Dragonborn Race pack is the new, cheaper, better pack, with more stuff in it.

It directly replaces the Dragonborn Legend pack, which was the older version.

If you already gave your money to Cryptic for the Legend pack, you cannot have the new one, you cannot have the stuff in it.

If you have not already given your money to Cryptic, they want it, and so they have increased the items being offered in the new pack.

Apparently, treating potential customers (who have not given you money) very well, and confirmed customers (who have already given you money) like castoffs, is a business thing now.
    edited December 2018

The Dragonborn Race pack is the new, cheaper, better pack, with more stuff in it.

It directly replaces the Dragonborn Legend pack, which was the older version.

If you already gave your money to Cryptic for the Legend pack, you cannot have the new one, you cannot have the stuff in it.

If you have not already given your money to Cryptic, they want it, and so they have increased the items being offered in the new pack.

Apparently, treating potential customers (who have not given you money) very well, and confirmed customers (who have already given you money) like castoffs, is a business thing now.

sounds about right :(

Post edited by wemery on
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    ... with the Winter Festival being out of the way, any news on an upgrade option for the old packs?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    regenerde said:

... with the Winter Festival being out of the way, any news on an upgrade option for the old packs?

lmao uhhhhh nope an i wouldnt count it any either lol
    I would prefer they simply update the already-purchased packs because those that have purchased them have paid more for them than is currently being charged at full price for the new packs.
  • predador94predador94 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    At this point i'm only waiting for an official statement from the devs or whoever it is responsible for it. It's been months, I get it that they're busy, but they are completely neglecting their community, I'm sure they could find some time to at least let us know if they have any plans for the future regarding these packs. As many have said, I personally don't care if you are gonna give the upgrade for free or gonna make us pay for it(Although paying the full price would be ridiculous), I just want to have to opportunity to the get the new rewards.

At this point i'm only waiting for an official statement from the devs or whoever it is responsible for it. It's been months, I get it that they're busy, but they are completely neglecting their community, I'm sure they could find some time to at least let us know if they have any plans for the future regarding these packs. As many have said, I personally don't care if you are gonna give the upgrade for free or gonna make us pay for it(Although paying the full price would be ridiculous), I just want to have to opportunity to the get the new rewards.

wait all u want too but i think ull be waitin till the cows come home like u said its been months already (an theres 2 threads on this that i kno of on the forumn..... so to them..... aaaaaaaaaiiiiiinnnntt that big of a deal lol)
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I am actually fine with paying the full price, but for that the pack should be buyable from those who already bought the old version. For some reason they don't seem very interested in getting money from customers lol
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Hey devs, please read this thread and give the old player some love... A little bit love to Christmas... Show us that we are not unimportant.

@asterdahl
    @mimicking#6533
    @kreatyve
    @nitocris83

Please send us a sign
    geno82 said:

Hey devs, please read this thread and give the old player some love... A little bit love to Christmas... Show us that we are not unimportant.

@asterdahl

@mimicking#6533

@kreatyve

@nitocris83

Please send us a sign

lol man ur kiddin right? lol... they already said they forwarded it mnths ago...... thats abt alkl u gunna get so dont hold ur breath or ull get purple in the face an liable to pass out waitin lol
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    A little bit of love for Christmas? That would require them to respond within the next 24 hours since they won't be in the office for the holidays.

I haven't noticed a post but I think they usually only have a skeleton crew around for about a 2 week period between Xmas and New Years. So no Christmas love coming our way.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    feeling like discarded baby wipes? that how we all feels. they should never done that for updating it when they should add miscelleaneous kit for classic pack buyers.
    Well, i also tried getting an official answer from them on twitter a few times... without any success of course.

Anyway, merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone.
    Want to know why?
    edited January 2019
    @noworries#8859 Thank you for the info.

Btw. will the Class Packs return to the ZEN shop in an improved version at some point too?
    Want to know why?
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User

Hey everyone. We have in fact read this thread and had been looking into what approach to take with these items, which was slowed a bit by the holidays.

In a future update, if you purchased the old version of a race pack then you will receive the new account unlock items in the reclaim agent.

This would mean that owning the Dragonborn Legend Pack will now grant the account unlock of the Guard Drake and Black Dragon Ioun Stone and the Feywild pack will now grant a 12 slot reclaimable bag.

Thank you very much noworries! Now I, too, have no worries! A response so clear and to the point that for now I will even gloss over the haziness of "a future update" and instead just cross my fingers and hope for the best! :)

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    thumbs up, awesome to hear that.

Hey everyone. We have in fact read this thread and had been looking into what approach to take with these items, which was slowed a bit by the holidays.

In a future update, if you purchased the old version of a race pack then you will receive the new account unlock items in the reclaim agent.

This would mean that owning the Dragonborn Legend Pack will now grant the account unlock of the Guard Drake and Black Dragon Ioun Stone and the Feywild pack will now grant a 12 slot reclaimable bag.

(jaw drops eventually turns into wide smile) niIiIiIiIiIiIiccccceeeeeeee

Thank you.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    pitshade said:

Is the new version bundled with the blue drake with the broad tail (forget the name) and the Black Dragon Ioun Stone? I have yet to see any details.

For me personally, the only way this would be annoying is if they were new item, exclusive to the pack. If they are existing, available items, then it's exactly as Kreatyve and others say... you don't get an upgrade every time a product gets upgraded. Exclusive items thst a player is shut out from ever acquiring is a bit different, however.

Yea I agree. Times have changed a lot since 3-5 years ago, so they adjusted offerings to add a bit of value, and we do all want to see the community growing. Still long term players can't dislike the Epic Insignia Packs from the Mount Store; for a 'chance' at several Epic's or several good Brutality insignia's also highly attractive.

I'd would not be surprised if the next Anniversary Sale is 25%; and Black Friday is 25-35% depending on item categories, especially with some offering more value.
    regenerde said:

https://imgur.com/a/nfbNJlh
    the epic companion is account-wide in the new pack, but "we" can buy it for 2.5k ZEN a piece.

@kreatyve
    i'm pretty sure, that if you would show up with an invoice of your purchase at the store, they would either give you that game or a similar one for free. or at the very least let you purchase that game at a solid discount.
    they know that only a satisfied customer will return and buy more stuff from them. not to mention, that a happy customer would also recommend that store to their friends and/or bring their families along with them the next time.

and i think, that at the point the AD was removed from those packs, you could still get rAD directly through Invoking and Leadership.

Yet seems the changes identified above by the DEV, are actually included in tomorrow's patch:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11066823-patch-notes:-version:-nw.105.20181121b.10
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Just a thought: While I understand and appreciate that all video games are not created equal, I have noticed that some developers who sell their games in Steam and Gog.com will offer upgrades/updates to those who have purchased games and DLCs at no extra cost. For example - the Bioshock Trilogy, where owners of the originals received the remastered content for free. Another example would be the Witcher, where owners of the original received a free updated and remastered version of the game.

Conversely and in personal hindsight, I also remember the big stink gamers made when Star Wars: The Old Republic had sold the Section X (HK-51) DLC and Treek Companion which promised specific features (including companion equipment). However, they would later remove those paid-for features upon the release of Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion. No refund was ever offered. Those gamers who spent money on the content felt like they had been scammed. I know I did which is partially why I very rarely spend money on MMOs... (The other part being burned when NCSoft abruptly killed off WildStar.) To say that gamers are losing their faith in some MMOs would be a gross understatement.

While the Dragonborn Race pack with varying versions based on different mod releases might not seem like such a big deal, considering that gamers did spend real money on ZEN in order to make the purchase of the Dragonborn Race pack in good faith, to keep those packs synchronized and up-to-date with each mod release to avoid variance is really a matter of professional courtesy.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
    edited January 2019

Just a thought: While I understand and appreciate that all video games are not created equal, I have noticed that some developers who sell their games in Steam and Gog.com will offer upgrades/updates to those who have purchased games and DLCs at no extra cost. For example - the Bioshock Trilogy, where owners of the originals received the remastered content for free. Another example would be the Witcher, where owners of the original received a free updated and remastered version of the game.

Conversely and in personal hindsight, I also remember the big stink gamers made when Star Wars: The Old Republic had sold the Section X (HK-51) DLC and Treek Companion which promised specific features (including companion equipment). However, they would later remove those paid-for features upon the release of Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion. No refund was ever offered. Those gamers who spent money on the content felt like they had been scammed. I know I did which is partially why I very rarely spend money on MMOs... (The other part being burned when NCSoft abruptly killed off WildStar.) To say that gamers are losing their faith in some MMOs would be a gross understatement.

While the Dragonborn Race pack with varying versions based on different mod releases might not seem like such a big deal, considering that gamers did spend real money on ZEN in order to make the purchase of the Dragonborn Race pack in good faith, to keep those packs synchronized and up-to-date with each mod release to avoid variance is really a matter of professional courtesy.

1. Dragonborn race pack is not an issue here. Dragonborn Legend pack is and will be 'was'.
    2. Dev already said how they will "fix" that in future update in this thread. Did you read that? Is that not good enough?
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    strathkin said:
    So, we are still restricted from getting the account wide Defender bag and from getting extra unique character slots. No surprise on the character slots, but I was thinking the bag from the defender pack would be included.