chultan tiger infestation

dingrongdingrong Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
+5 dmg +speed buff +2 ring(570 IL +2 off slots) +10% party buff

can this pet be more imbalanced?

FBI,CR,TONG,CODG,MSP all dungeons have 4-5 tigers , and it is BORING

pls figure some other way to make money and dont ruin the game with uniformity

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    If you don't like the tiger, don't get one.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    each new mod, the dev's bring a new BIS (this mod the exception cause its meant to be for the lower levels not endgame). So next mod will be a new BIS pet for you. Hope they are doing the waterdeep mod as that was expected.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    People take the game too serious.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Get a razorwood and shush. Procs bondings almost instantly, and isn't as slow and stupid as the tiger. If you're a DPS let the support run tigers. Plain and simple. Oh and the 20 second DPS boost is pretty useless on bosses as the debuffs take around 10 seconds to set up. For mobs, who really cares. They die fast enough. And the ICD seems to be around 90 seconds - in which case most bosses are dead.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i know, everyone playing Drizzt, each one of them are clones. oh no wait, i get it, cookie cutters!
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Get a razorwood and shush. Procs bondings almost instantly, and isn't as slow and stupid as the tiger. If you're a DPS let the support run tigers. Plain and simple. Oh and the 20 second DPS boost is pretty useless on bosses as the debuffs take around 10 seconds to set up. For mobs, who really cares. They die fast enough. And the ICD seems to be around 90 seconds - in which case most bosses are dead.

Slow is good for paladin, gives us a second or 2 to get hit allowing the passive to take full effect on protection.
    As for the 25 second dps boost, I wouldn't call that insubstantial the buff window isn't available for the first 10-12 seconds in most groups but the extra 5% is still there for the first buff window, so it isn't insubstantial, especially in Tong/Cradle where you can just burst the boss down to 35% or lower in the first phase without having almost any communication on buff window timing.
    And the tiger has a 10% debuff which nets to around a ~2.5% dps increase for the whole group given average debuff values, again not insubstantial. Does it cost a little bit, yes. But given how much it actually does... It should. Sharpwoods are nice, but you lose a lot of the added tiger benefit. And on PC the tiger as of tonight was cheaper than the razorwood by about 50k AD. So might as well pick one up.
    The look may not be great, but BIS and fashion aren't always the same.

Just providing elaboration on the matter, not personally calling you out.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    My battlerager dwarf does me just fine.

Oh but wait...

I'm off to get me a Tigerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I don't have a tiger and I'm not interested in getting one. I'm happy with my Cambion Magus, who I like because he can knock the enemies down and interrupt their attacks for me. Plus, he just looks neat.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    *snip*

Just providing elaboration on the matter, not personally calling you out.

No worries. It was only my opinion. Remember, the more tigers a party has, the less of a debuff each one provides. I had one on my OP and I swapped it out for rust monster. Just for damage debuff - K Team dungeons. It's really all situational.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
    @pitmonster#5684

Your response ended up down below. If the tiger is offensive, then so are all the Negation enhancements, all the Lightning enhancements, etc.

What I use at any given point on my characters is up to me. Same as you. Personally, I don't care if everyone else is running with the same. It isn't going to impact me in the least unless they are running with me.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    There's a simple solution for this "problem", the Devs only have to return the class packs with improved companions, so that players have more options to choose from.

Besides, i think that most of the companions in game could use a boost to their bonuses. Not to mention another update to their behaviour setup...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Absolutely, a little more diversity would not hurt.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    regenerde said:

There's a simple solution for this "problem", the Devs only have to return the class packs with improved companions, so that players have more options to choose from.

Besides, i think that most of the companions in game could use a boost to their bonuses. Not to mention another update to their behaviour setup...

I like this suggestion too, but I think it's hard to come up with a diverse set of companion powers without making them unbalanced or all the same. There are always going to be some that are better than others. But some of the older companions really need to have some of their stats reworked. But then, if they do that, they have to deal with people complaining that they had the companions and got rid of them because they didn't know that they were going to be reworked. There are a lot of different angles to look at something as major as that.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    They could do it as the did it before with the Scarecrow and whatnot; not say anything until people notice =)
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

regenerde said:

I like this suggestion too, but I think it's hard to come up with a diverse set of companion powers without making them unbalanced or all the same. There are always going to be some that are better than others. But some of the older companions really need to have some of their stats reworked. But then, if they do that, they have to deal with people complaining that they had the companions and got rid of them because they didn't know that they were going to be reworked. There are a lot of different angles to look at something as major as that.
    I think making companions that work on a specific class should be a solution (companions from old booster packs).

Example: The GF booster pack have the Werewolf, that provide 10% Life Steal Severity at epic rarity. Nobody use this companion nowadays. But, if a GF (only a GF) use this companion as summoned companion, add these companion bonuses:

- Add 20% more damage, 20% more movement speed, 10% less deflect rate (avaliable only in GF's Conqueror loadout)
    - Add 40% more threat, 10% less control duration against you, 5% damage resistance from all sources (avaliable only in GF's Protector loadout)
    - Add 60% more control duration, 10% more recovery (avaliable only in GF's Tactician loadout)

Well, I think I'll post this in another topic too ...
    2fv72Fw.png
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    I wish we had more companion diversity, but the Tiger is one of the undeniably good summoned options.

Does a companion have ranged AI? If so, it’s subpar.

Does a companion fail to provide any damage bonus to the team? Subpar.

Companions that do not stay in melee range of targets and that don’t somehow contribute to party damage simply don’t fit well with current game mechanics.

Someday I hope they will introduce a system that will allow players to augment companion attacks with effects such as “defense down” that mimic the powers of tigers, con artists, etc. (without stacking further on those examples) and that we’ll have a toggle to select companion engagement style (so that ranged companions do not hang back or attempt to escape enemies) so that we see some diversity in summoned ones, but for now...Hello Kitty.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

regenerde said:

The devs don't really NEED to deal with the complaining... dem poor mods doh 0,o
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    kreatyve said:

regenerde said:

Until those older companions have found a fitting place in the regular dungeon/skirmish loottables, they could be brought back to life through events, promotion codes or being rotated through the Tarmalune Trade Bars store, and while they're at it, they might as well adjust those Trade Bar prices...

About companion powers, they could give all of them 2 slots, and those could either be filled with regular stats or a combination of active/passive bonus and a stat. And what new powers the companions get would be defined by their "role".

I also think that some companions allready got an upgrade with the Ravenloft module (Archmage's Apprentice, Skeleton, Wandering Scarecrow and Shaman Barbarian come to mind, but there're probably more), and it would have been nice to give a similar treatment to event companions when they reworked all those events over this year as well.

Anyway, as mentioned above, they could also bring back improved class packs as a next step in the overall companions rework process, which would be benifical for players and the game...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

regenerde said:

I agree updates on older companions are sorely needed. And it is possible - in fact the devs already did this in a very limited way with the Halloween event last year, with major updates to the Active Bonuses for a small group of existing companions (Skeleton, Wandering Scarecrow, Archmage's Apprentice).

The value of those companions on the AH skyrocketed overnight - and in the PVE space as in demand pets. I think the way to negate or minimize complaints from players about sudden, unannounced increases to some companion's bonuses is to do MORE of them, preferably at the same time.

Sure I might be mad that I just sold an umpteenth Redcap Powrie right before it got a major update (and the value of it on the AH went up 10 fold), but that would balance out if the Zhent Warlock I use got a similar bump in bonuses.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Well, if you dont like Chultan tigers, use a Splinters companion !

3 offensive slots, 3 rings, reduce movement speed and attack and knock targets plus +1000 deflection at epic.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @exgardian said:
    > Well, if you dont like Chultan tigers, use a Splinters companion !
    >
    > 3 offensive slots, 3 rings, reduce movement speed and attack and knock targets plus +1000 deflection at epic.

Any companion that knocks mobs around is a hard no.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Augment companions ,especially ioun stones, could use some rework. Almost no one uses them any more in favour of other companions, especially the tiger. Being a returning player i use a stone companion because old habits die hard. Once upon a time ioun stone of allure was a must have to be accepted into any team running dungeons. The good old days.....
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    > @regenerde said:
    >
    > Besides, i think that most of the companions in game could use a boost to their bonuses. Not to mention another update to their behaviour setup...

Back in the olden days of Neverwinter Nights 2 it was a feature of followers and personal party members that you could adjust the various elements of the AI to customise their behaviour in given situations.

Sometimes they would do strange things but when you got more experienced and figured out what you were doing with the stats it was very useful.

I wonder how hard it would be to have a configuration set up for companion behaviour?